• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A-6 DISTRICT TOURNAMENT

Started by BBALLMOM, February 03, 2015, 03:51:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BBALLMOM

I was just wondering if the 2A-6 senior high district tournament has been changed from Hazen since there is absolutely not enough room for parking since they are in the process of construction at the school.  I can't imagine why Hazen accepted the bid knowing there was not enough parking for at least 4 buses plus all the fans at one time.  This is going to be a nightmare if it doesn't get moved to another tournament site.

BrianfromCarlisle

Plenty of room 9 miles west   ;D

MomaLion

I've been told it's been nice to Palestine Wheatley

BBALLMOM

I know the Junior High district is a Palestine Wheatley but haven't heard anything regarding the Sr High district being moved there.  Any where would be better than Hazen.

MomaLion

That's what I'm hearing and I sure hope it's accurate.

Bildo

BBALLMOM

westhelena1

What do the standings look like?

MomaLion

I just don't see how they can justify that with the parking situation...maybe AAA should be notified of the situation.

MomaLion

Does anybody have a schedule yet for the Jr tournament starting Saturday in Palestine Wheatley?

big E

I haven't seen one yet momalion but the parking situation here can get pretty crowded to alot of us locals will probably park at the Presbyterian church to the east of the gym and walk thru the middle school closer walk than parkin down wood street.

MomaLion

Thanks bigE...have you heard anything about y'all possibly hosting Sr tourney? I know we didn't find out last year that we would have both until the week before..We were only supposed to host Jr but Hazen couldn't accommodate for Sr then either.

BrianfromCarlisle

It sounds like they will go with a double bye for top 2 seeds instead of a true 10 team bracket.  Which is just ridiculous. Just play an 8-9 and 7-10 game. Then you have 8 teams.  So simple. Which is why they probably won't do it. Lol

big E

Nope moma as far as I know just jr.tournament.

MomaLion

There's no possible way that Hazen can host Sr tourney...NO parking!!!

brown2010

everything will be done tomorrow at coaches meeting

Lrbasketballguru

How good is Clarendon? I know they have some very quality non-conference wins such as Mclellan and Pine Bluff. I follow Little Rock basketball, but mostly Episcopal. Episcopal and Clarendon sounds like an awesome match up.

BrianfromCarlisle

Very very good. They should be in the overall top ten

Lrbasketballguru

Any d1 recruits or is it more of a team chemistry thing?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Lrbasketballguru on February 05, 2015, 09:52:28 pm
Any d1 recruits or is it more of a team chemistry thing?

Not sure about any recruits, but it's the same that was state runner-up last year. I don't think they lost anyone that mattered.

MomaLion

We don't have the size for d1 I'm afraid but talent and athleticism to spare. There is a lot of chemistry since they've played together for years...The Srs we lost weren't starters but they do matter...very good team players.

Cheek

February 05, 2015, 10:36:10 pm #21 Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 10:38:13 pm by Cheek
Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on February 05, 2015, 09:29:19 pm
Very very good. They should be in the overall top ten

They are good, but no where close to the top ten.  Clarendon is really good if they can get you in a up tempo game, and score off turnovers.  Clarendon will have trouble with a well Coached team with good guard play.  Clarendon does not want to play half court basketball aganist a team like Cedar Ridge.  I think Clarendon has a good chance to win 2A, but there are a couple of teams that could give them trouble.

MomaLion

Actually we've been sitting around #11-13 all year and I'm really proud of that us being so small.

Cheek

Quote from: MomaLion on February 05, 2015, 10:38:46 pm
Actually we've been sitting around #11-13 all year and I'm really proud of that us being so small.
[/quot

It is good to have a 2A team getting some respect.  I am so ready for conference ball to end.  Tournment ball is alot more exciting. 

BrianfromCarlisle

Yeah they are top ten material.  And have the resumè to back it up

Cheek

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on February 05, 2015, 10:53:33 pm

They are good, but you need to get out and watch more basketball.  Clarendon beat Pine Bluff and McClellan and then who else.  There is no doubt Clarendon is one of the most athletic teams in the State, and can run most teams off the court.  The problem is that some teams know how to beat the press, and will slow the game down.  This will really hurt Clarendon since they like to score in transition.  I know that Cedar Ridge is gone, but they exposed Clarendon last year.  I know that Coach Hudson and the Clarendom fans enjoy their undefeated  record, and most would,  but he needs to play in some tournments North of Little Rock to get some experience with this type of ball.

BrianfromCarlisle

February 06, 2015, 08:23:06 am #26 Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 08:51:57 am by BrianfromCarlisle
You obviously need to get out and watch Clarendon.  They are running the half court offense extremely well.  Maybe you will change your mind once they run roughshod through the regional.  But then again you are Cheek.  So that is doubtful.  LOL. You always have something detracting to say about Clarendon.  Do you really think Hudson didn't learn from the state championship game?  That is a deep and talented team plain and simple. I would absolutely love to see an overall tournament this year. It would most definitely be competitive. 

BrianfromCarlisle

I am really looking forward to the Clarendon England matchup.  Even if it is being played in Western Arkansas.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on February 06, 2015, 08:23:06 am
You obviously need to get out and watch Clarendon.  They are running the half court offense extremely well.  Maybe you will change your mind once they run roughshod through the regional.  But then again you are Cheek.  So that is doubtful.  LOL. You always have something detracting to say about Clarendon.  Do you really think Hudson didn't learn from the state championship game?  That is a deep and talented team plain and simple. I would absolutely love to see an overall tournament this year. It would most definitely be competitive.

Brian his feelings are still hurt cause they changed football conference's with hopes of finally winning a title and still couldn't do it. Then when the teams from the 6 disposed of the teams from the 5 that played each other he couldn't even talk about that. Now the 6 is going to do the same in basketball so he's gotta talk bad about Clarendon. He really doesn't want England to have to play Clarendon.  ;D

BrianfromCarlisle

You are right Pick.  100%.  It is amazing how quick he is to discount Clarendon every chance he gets.  Definitely a little truly upset there. Lol
I see where the nephew is stepping it up for the Golden Lions. Good job

Cheek

I do not have anything against Clarendon.  If England does not win it all, and Clarendon is still playing,  I will be pulling for the Red Lions.   I am a fan of Coach Hudson and think he does an excellent job.  I was just making the point that if you completely outmatch everyone on you schedule, and are never challenged, you will never get better.  Clarendon was rolling last  year until they ran into Cedar Ridge, who completely took them out of their game.   I wish Clarendon would have scheduled teams like Riverside, BIC, Marmaduke, Conway St Joseph or White County Central.  This would have given them the opportunity to play a well disciplined team that plays half court basketball.    If you think that four guy standing around the three point line passing the ball back and forth until someone decides to drive the basket or shoot the three  is half court basketball, you do need to get out more.   If you will notice that EPC and Earle are  always very successful in the State Tournament.  This has a lot to do with them have very good players, but it also speaks volumes to the teams they play in their area and conference.         

Cheek

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 06, 2015, 09:07:18 am

Brian his feelings are still hurt cause they changed football conference's with hopes of finally winning a title and still couldn't do it. Then when the teams from the 6 disposed of the teams from the 5 that played each other he couldn't even talk about that. Now the 6 is going to do the same in basketball so he's gotta talk bad about Clarendon. He really doesn't want England to have to play Clarendon.  ;D

Pick, that was just mean.   I do expect the 6AA boys to be very strong in the regional.   The only two teams that could advance to the State Tournament form the 5AA is England and maybe Po yen.  On the girls side, I expect England, Magnet Cove and Poyen to advance. 

BrianfromCarlisle

They move the ball inside out very well.  They do not pass it around the three point line waiting to drive all the time. You will soon see

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on February 06, 2015, 09:26:13 am
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 06, 2015, 09:07:18 am

Pick, that was just mean.   I do expect the 6AA boys to be very strong in the regional.   The only two teams that could advance to the State Tournament form the 5AA is England and maybe Po yen.  On the girls side, I expect England, Magnet Cove and Poyen to advance.

Just poking fun at you big friend.

Cheek

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on February 06, 2015, 09:30:12 am
They move the ball inside out very well.  They do not pass it around the three point line waiting to drive all the time. You will soon see

Okay,  we will see.  I guess you and  your buddy Pick are the defenders of the 6AA.  And by the way, England is not scared to play Clarendon., and win or lose, it should be an exciting game.. If you forgot, England beat this same Clarendon team last year, and played Cedar Ridge a much closer game. 

BrianfromCarlisle

I'll go out on a limb and say it won't be close this time around.  Guess we will find out soon enough. Is Mt Ida in central or mountain time zone????  :)

Lions84

The Lions are a year older and wiser, They will be fine come tournament time.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on February 06, 2015, 10:01:36 am
I'll go out on a limb and say it won't be close this time around.  Guess we will find out soon enough. Is Mt Ida in central or mountain time zone????  :)

Pacific

BrianfromCarlisle

Cheek

No joking,  you will feel you are in a different time zone.  I really hate playing in Mt Ida due to the fans.  I really hope Clarendom does not match up against Mt Ida at their place.   Clarendon would run them out of the gym,  but they will get bumped and brushed along the way.   This is a game where dunks would cost you, because Mt Ida will take you to the floor if given the opportunity .

MomaLion

Quote from: Cheek on February 06, 2015, 07:09:13 am

They are good, but you need to get out and watch more basketball.  Clarendon beat Pine Bluff and McClellan and then who else.  There is no doubt Clarendon is one of the most athletic teams in the State, and can run most teams off the court.  The problem is that some teams know how to beat the press, and will slow the game down.  This will really hurt Clarendon since they like to score in transition.  I know that Cedar Ridge is gone, but they exposed Clarendon last year.  I know that Coach Hudson and the Clarendom fans enjoy their undefeated  record, and most would,  but he needs to play in some tournments North of Little Rock to get some experience with this type of ball.
I agree that we need more harder games but there's only so many days to fit those in. They played McClellan, Pine Bluff, Dollarway and a very good River View plus played a lot of summer AAU ball where they won all but 1 tournament which was the biggest with teams from all over the country. They've learned a lot about their weaknesses and have adjusted.
Remind me just who exactly England has played of top teams.

MomaLion

Quote from: Cheek on February 06, 2015, 10:25:07 am
No joking,  you will feel you are in a different time zone.  I really hate playing in Mt Ida due to the fans.  I really hope Clarendom does not match up against Mt Ida at their place.   Clarendon would run them out of the gym,  but they will get bumped and brushed along the way.   This is a game where dunks would cost you, because Mt Ida will take you to the floor if given the opportunity .
Teams have been taking cheap shots all year to keep us from dunking. That just makes them mad and work that much harder.

Cheek

Quote from: MomaLion on February 06, 2015, 10:27:50 am
Quote from: Cheek on February 06, 2015, 07:09:13 am

They are good, but you need to get out and watch more basketball.  Clarendon beat Pine Bluff and McClellan and then who else.  There is no doubt Clarendon is one of the most athletic teams in the State, and can run most teams off the court.  The problem is that some teams know how to beat the press, and will slow the game down.  This will really hurt Clarendon since they like to score in transition.  I know that Cedar Ridge is gone, but they exposed Clarendon last year.  I know that Coach Hudson and the Clarendon fans enjoy their undefeated  record, and most would,  but he needs to play in some tournaments North of Little Rock to get some experience with this type of ball.
I agree that we need more harder games but there's only so many days to fit those in. They played McClellan, Pine Bluff, Dollarway and a very good River View plus played a lot of summer AAU ball where they won all but 1 tournament which was the biggest with teams from all over the country. They've learned a lot about their weaknesses and have adjusted.
Remind me just who exactly England has played of top teams.

Let me see. Non-Conference

@ Cabot 7A  (L)
@ Bald Knob 4A (Tournament)  (W)
@ Watson Chapel 6A (Tournament)  (L)
@ Perryville 3A (Tournament)   (W)
@ Marmaduke 2A   (W)
@ Hector 2A   (L)
@ Jessieville 3A  (TBD)
@ Vilonia 5A (Tournament)  (L)
Hughes 1A   (W)
Dumas 4A  (W)
Barton 3A  (W)

We are not scared to go play anywhere. Our Coaches schedule games all over the State to check out the competition.   

Cheek

Quote from: MomaLion on February 06, 2015, 10:33:50 am
Quote from: Cheek on February 06, 2015, 10:25:07 am
Teams have been taking cheap shots all year to keep us from dunking. That just makes them mad and work that much harder.

Their is a difference between cheap shots and what they will do.  I just hope they don't play.   This is the only team you will have to worry about trying to hurt someone or getting someone ejected.   

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Cheek, how did y'all lose to hector?

Cheek

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 06, 2015, 10:54:34 am

They scored more points then we did.  Just joking.   They played a very good game on there court, and made shots when they needed to. Hector has two player who would start on any team in class 2A and that includes Clarendon.  They have a 6'4 kid that can flat stroke it from the outside, and the sophomore Tanner Gaines is one of the best athletes in the State of Arkansas and will battle for every rebound.    We got behind the eight ball early because our 6'6 post player picked up two fouls in the first minute, and pick up his third as soon as he got off the bench.  England had a lead for most of the game, but Hector took the lead with a few minutes left and we lost by one.   There are some schools around the State that have an extreme advantage playing at home.  The problem is you can not blame the officials, because they all call different,  and have to learn to play under these conditions.   

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on February 06, 2015, 11:13:23 am
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 06, 2015, 10:54:34 am

They scored more points then we did.  Just joking.   They played a very good game on there court, and made shots when they needed to. Hector has two player who would start on any team in class 2A and that includes Clarendon.  They have a 6'4 kid that can flat stroke it from the outside, and the sophomore Tanner Gaines is one of the best athletes in the State of Arkansas and will battle for every rebound.    We got behind the eight ball early because our 6'6 post player picked up two fouls in the first minute, and pick up his third as soon as he got off the bench.  England had a lead for most of the game, but Hector took the lead with a few minutes left and we lost by one.   There are some schools around the State that have an extreme advantage playing at home.  The problem is you can not blame the officials, because they all call different,  and have to learn to play under these conditions.   

Gotcha,

MomaLion

Any word on Jr tournament times for tomorrow bigE?

BrianfromCarlisle

Hazen vs Marvell 10:30
Augusta vs McCrory 1:30
PW vs Des Arc 4:30
Carlisle vs Brinkley 7:30

All boys

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on February 06, 2015, 07:46:38 pm
Hazen vs Marvell 10:30
Augusta vs McCrory 1:30
PW vs Des Arc 4:30
Carlisle vs Brinkley 7:30