• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

District/Region/State Sites

Started by HorseFeathers, January 12, 2015, 06:13:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

January 12, 2015, 06:13:57 pm Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 09:29:24 pm by HF
2A-2--Tuckerman
2A-3---EPC
2A-4E--Hector
2A-4W--Hackett
2A-5---England
2A-6--Hazen
2A-7E--Strong
2A-7W--Gurdon

North: Buffalo Island Central,
South:  Parkers Chapel
East:  Mount Ida
West: J.C Westside

State: Pangburn

bighurt411

Why would have a state tournament in Marmaduke?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bighurt411 on January 14, 2015, 06:19:47 pm
Why would have a state tournament in Marmaduke?

It was there 2 years ago....

Basketballfan13

If I remember right as much as people complained about there not being enough room at marmaduke, there was no one in the state 1-7A that made more gate money then 2A state held at marmaduke that year.

redrider30

That's correct over $50,000.

keohog

Just because you make money doesn't mean it was good for the fans.

redrider30

No one has claimed that. I have said many times before the AAA is not concerned about your comfort. They care about cash. If they cared about our comfort they would have never had the State Finals at Barton in 2013 when the Convocation Center in Jonesboro had bid on it.

Basketballfan13

Fans come third.
1. Was it a good enviroment for the players. Answer...YES, playing in a overly packed and loud gym is a great experience.
2. Does AAA make money. Answer...YES, more then any other tournament in the state that year.
3. What is it comfortable for fans. Answer...NOT AT ALL, but at least you had cell phone service so look at the positive side.lol

Keep in mind I'm not pulling for marmaduke to host state, I think it should be at Pangburn this year and I'm pretty confident they will get it. I just don't agree with everyone's complaints about when Marmaduke hosted it. Best hospitality and packed house.

bdubyab60

Yeah the atmoshpere was great. I have no complaints about hospitality and I dont think Ive seen anyone complain about that. Great BBQ nachos there.

However you should not have to walk on the floor during a game to get to a seat. You should not have to sit in the aisle to get a seat. You should not have to stand in the lobby after paying and not get to see the game.

It sucks but sometimes you have to turn people away.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Duke made that money once, will that many fans return, knowing how bad the seating is?

redrider30

There are a few major factors that make crowds so big at Marmaduke.
1. There will be 200 to 300 Marmaduke fans at games even when our teams are not playing. That couldn't be said at Hampton last year.
2. NEA has a big high school basketball following, fans from other size schools and towns come just to watch good basketball even when they don't have teams involved.
3. It is basically all we do here for most of the year. We love our teams, our school and our community. So we are going to support anything that is held here. That's why we show up and that will make it more crowded.

All that said we have played in the Regional last year at Pangburn and again in their classic this year. If they get the tournament they will do a great job of hosting. All of our experiences at Pangburn have been wonderful and we have enjoyed playing there a lot. From what we have seen they have great community support there and we have been treated great there. It will be an honor for us to go to Pangburn to compete for a State Championship as it was at Hampton last year.   

xavier2011

J.D.

xavier2011

xavier2011

xavier2011

Other Regional Sites are Parkers Chapel, Mt Ida and Westside

MomaLion

I was so hoping it wouldn't be Mt Ida but at least state isn't in Marmaduke so it's not totally awful.

keohog

The bad thing about Mt. Ida is there is no easy way to get their.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: keohog on January 15, 2015, 09:53:41 pm
The bad thing about Mt. Ida is there is no easy way to get their.

You don't like driving to the middle of nowhere?

BrianfromCarlisle

Why in the world did they go Mt Ida instead of Carlisle??  Wow

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on January 15, 2015, 11:04:22 pm

geography lesson for the flat landers :D

BigLion10

driving to mt ida is like driving in a wrong turn movie lol pretty scary at night

jbtiger73

its not that bad of a trip as you think. would have preferred it in Carlisle. but at least Hot Springs is nearby. also you can make a pit stop at Oaklawn on the way back.

MomaLion

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on January 15, 2015, 11:04:22 pm
It doesn't surprise me that Carlisle didn't get it since they had it last year but Mt Ida is just bad for me lol.

keohog

Quote from: jbtiger73 on January 16, 2015, 08:17:40 am
its not that bad of a trip as you think. would have preferred it in Carlisle. but at least Hot Springs is nearby. also you can make a pit stop at Oaklawn on the way back.
They are in our conf. so I know how bad a trip it is , but they do have a nice gym.

Tubetown21

Quote from: HF on January 12, 2015, 06:13:57 pm
North: Buffalo Iscland Central,
South:  Parkers Chapel
East:  Mount Ida
West: J.C Westside

State: Pangburn

which district will be headed to BIC?  other than BIC's obviously?

RedWolf275

jbtiger73

they have a nice looking school period, to be a very small town. I'm sure other surrounding towns help make up their district as well. was very impressed with their visitor locker room and concession stands. 

MomaLion

I'm just not looking forward to the drive...I like to watch all the games but I'm not sure I will if we aren't playing that day.

BrianfromCarlisle

My thing is why would you put regionals on the far end of the region. If any region.  Kinda defeats the purpose of having a regional tourney.  If KIPP makes it for instance,  wow. They travel a long way for the regional. Carlisle or England would be the most centrally located spots. 

big E

Brian Mt Ida got it because they out bid you.lol

redrider30

Completely silly. You can't punish a school just because they are on the outer edge of a region. With that thinking BIC or Pangburn wouldn't be allowed to host the north region and both are great host with great facilities. No matter where you put regionals or state some of the people are going to have to drive.

True Fan

At least Mt Ida has nice seats on BOTH sides of the gym. ;D

BrianfromCarlisle

Yeah, they buttered the AAA bread a little more. Haha. 
Carlisle will bid hard for state in a few years I believe. 

Ventman

Carlisle will have it within the next three years.

NEark tigers

birddawg1986

ISU7

January 21, 2015, 07:52:03 am #37 Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 07:53:34 am by ISU7
Quote from: NEark tigers on January 19, 2015, 10:33:58 pm
Where is pangburn?
Between Searcy(white co.) and Heber Springs (clebourne co.) on highwy 16 bro.... 8)

Donnie Jamon

Dang Malik Monk was a big draw then.

HorseFeathers

added district tournament sites tot he opening post

CincyGuyintheFort

2-4A at Union Christian? Isn't that to small even for districts

HorseFeathers

Quote from: CincyGuyintheFort on January 28, 2015, 04:37:14 pm
2-4A at Union Christian? Isn't that to small even for districts

District doesn't have a minimum....Sacred Heart in Morrilton was the host of their 1A district last year...Their gym won't hold 500 people on a good night :D... The finals for their district was played in Morrilton's gym though...

BigLion10

oh gosh Sacred Heart can barely enough people for a preseason game

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigLion10 on January 28, 2015, 08:16:38 pm

haha...I went to a game there the last year that their boys were really good(Been 2 or 3 years ago), to watch them vs Concord....You couldn't have gotten anybody else in the gym...and you couldn't hear yourself thinking either from the how loud that gym gets during a good game..

CincyGuyintheFort

Sounds like a crackerjack box. Have either of yall seen Union Christians? Cause I bet there's is almost as bad. But at least its a newer small on. And not old small and musty like some are

Lions84

BigLion10

Quote from: HF on January 28, 2015, 09:15:35 pm
Quote from: BigLion10 on January 28, 2015, 08:16:38 pm

haha...I went to a game there the last year that their boys were really good(Been 2 or 3 years ago), to watch them vs Concord....You couldn't have gotten anybody else in the gym...and you couldn't hear yourself thinking either from the how loud that gym gets during a good game..
ha I went there a couple of years ago when we were playing them and it was just girls in the preseason and we had folks standing because of the seating I can only imagine a district tourney there

RedWolf275

True Fan

Actually, they ping pong around the 5 (centralish area and 7 (southwestish).

the god news is that you kinda hafta go through Sin City to get there. ;)

bighurt411

Quote from: CincyGuyintheFort on January 29, 2015, 02:38:22 pm
Sounds like a crackerjack box. Have either of yall seen Union Christians? Cause I bet there's is almost as bad. But at least its a newer small on. And not old small and musty like some are
[/quote

I thought the 2A4 West is at Hackett. Union Christian is small, both the floor and gym.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas