• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A-4East

Started by HorseFeathers, January 06, 2015, 09:21:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Anybody got some standings/score results for this conference?

I know Hector girls came from Behind to beat Conway St Joe at their place 47-43 tonight..

FreeMoney

Any report on boys game?

mrscoach

St. Joseph's won by 8. 60-52 I think.

HorseFeathers

Boys
Quitman beat Bigelow 62-53

Girls
Quitman beat Bigelow by 40

HorseFeathers

Hector Girls beat WYC...They are undefeated in conference

Hector boys lost to WYC....Don't know their record

WYC did Beat Bigelow earlier this year htough...

HorseFeathers

Hector swept Conway CHristian last night.

softballfan

Does anyone know what WYC boys record is? I saw them play the other night and they are a pretty good team.

BBALLFAN#1

Only conference loss is to Conway St. Joe.

HorseFeathers

anyone know where conway st joe is playing tonight?

HorseFeathers

Hector girls beat Bigelow 51-35...Still undefeated in conference play..

HorseFeathers

Hector SR Boys beat Lisa Academy by 15ish tonight..

HorseFeathers

Hector Sr teams swept Academics plus tonight....Got Conway St Joe on Thursday...

HorseFeathers

girls hector 48 st joe 33 final

HorseFeathers

Conway St Joe won by 5.......

First time I've seen either team this year....and if Hector puts together 4 quarters that are like the 3rd quarter they had tonight, then there aren't many teams they can't beat...but then again we also had moments where we thought a reverse layup from the baseline underneath/behind the goal through 3 guys was our best option, or passes to ghost players....

Conway St Joe is a solid team, Idk if they are a contender or not though. 1st half they looked great...2nd half it was like they were just trying to do just enough to win the game...

pantherfan3

Quote from: HF on January 08, 2015, 09:00:03 pm
Boys
Quitman beat Bigelow 62-53

Girls
Quitman beat Bigelow by 40

And Bigelow Boys beat Quitman by even larger spread at home last week! :)

pantherfan3

Quote from: HF on January 09, 2015, 10:13:27 pm
Hector Girls beat WYC...They are undefeated in conference

Hector boys lost to WYC....Don't know their record

WYC did Beat Bigelow earlier this year htough...

WYC was soundly defeated by Bigelow on WYC home court. Even though the local refs still did everything in their power to give the win to the nasty WYC team, Bigelow boys pulled it out.  That is one team I can't stomach and if you are a coach or parent of a few of those boys you need to step it up! :(

HorseFeathers

Hector swept WYC at their place last night....Girls got close to a mercy rule victory, and the boys led by Ruston Hayes' 30 points won 64-62

BigLion10

Sounds like an exciting boys game HF

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigLion10 on February 04, 2015, 07:54:54 pm
Sounds like an exciting boys game HF

Yeah...I meant to go, but thought the game was Friday...

HorseFeathers

February 10, 2015, 06:35:29 pm #19 Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 06:38:15 pm by HF
Final Standings for the COnference

Boys
1. Conway St Joe
2. Bigelow
3. WYC
4. Hector
5. Quitman
6. Conway Christian
7. Lisa Academy
8. Academics Plus

Girls
1. Hector
2. Quitman
3. Conway Christian
4. St Joe
5. WYC
6. Bigelow
7. ACademics Plus

Lisa Academy Doesn't field a girls squad...

Tournament Starts Next Monday..With the 5 vs 8 and 6 vs 7 seed games

beach bum

I feel like a bad fan of AR sports .... I did not know there was a Lisa Academy lol.

beach bum

I at least knew Academics Plus.

beach bum

February 10, 2015, 07:31:53 pm #22 Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 07:35:09 pm by beach bum
The team I would love to see this year though in 2A is Clarendon if I was back in Arkansas currently... their resume is crazy for a 2A school so far. I had a buddy years back that started his coaching career out at a 6-2A school. The games I went to watch I told him the guard play was better than the 4A conference we played in.. Thats how stacked the guards are in that conference.. Which I had to swallow some pride to admit since I was a point guard in that 4A conference.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on February 10, 2015, 07:23:50 pm
I feel like a bad fan of AR sports .... I did not know there was a Lisa Academy lol.

Don't know how long they've been around, and they have been not so good at Basketball the few years I've been aware of them....But after moderating a jr high Quiz Bowl tournament last weekend, they're definitely an academically focused Charter School..

mrscoach

Quote from: HF on February 10, 2015, 08:37:24 pm

Don't know how long they've been around, and they have been not so good at Basketball the few years I've been aware of them....But after moderating a jr high Quiz Bowl tournament last weekend, they're definitely an academically focused Charter School..
Academic Plus and Lisa Academy are the #1 and #2 seeds in the Jr. Boys District Tournament.

MomaLion

Quote from: beach bum on February 10, 2015, 07:31:53 pm
The team I would love to see this year though in 2A is Clarendon if I was back in Arkansas currently... their resume is crazy for a 2A school so far. I had a buddy years back that started his coaching career out at a 6-2A school. The games I went to watch I told him the guard play was better than the 4A conference we played in.. Thats how stacked the guards are in that conference.. Which I had to swallow some pride to admit since I was a point guard in that 4A conference.
And they are good young men  :)

beach bum

Quote from: MomaLion on February 11, 2015, 06:04:34 pm

Yea he coached in the 6-2A about 5 or 6 years ago, and I saw Jamarlin Jackson go for like 50 plus one game I went to. And another was a game a kid from Des Arc who plays at UAPB currently went for 40 plus in a loss. And the other the game was a regulation game where both teams combined for about 170 points with unbelievable up tempo offense. Like I said the talent for guards is unreal for 2A basketball in the 6-2A.....

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: beach bum on February 11, 2015, 06:19:01 pm

Yea he coached in the 6-2A about 5 or 6 years ago, and I saw Jamarlin Jackson go for like 50 plus one game I went to. And another was a game a kid from Des Arc who plays at UAPB currently went for 40 plus in a loss. And the other the game was a regulation like 90-85 game with unbelievable up tempo offense. Like I said the talent for guards is unreal for 2A basketball in the 6-2A.....

Des Arc was very close to having J.J. attend d.a. for his Sr. year, it would have put Trentt (the d.a. player at U.A.P.B.) and him together on same team. We would have been tough to beat.

beach bum

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 11, 2015, 06:22:43 pm

Yea he coached in the 6-2A about 5 or 6 years ago, and I saw Jamarlin Jackson go for like 50 plus one game I went to. And another was a game a kid from Des Arc who plays at UAPB currently went for 40 plus in a loss. And the other the game was a regulation like 90-85 game with unbelievable up tempo offense. Like I said the talent for guards is unreal for 2A basketball in the 6-2A.....

Des Arc was very close to having J.J. attend d.a. for his Sr. year, it would have put Trentt (the d.a. player at U.A.P.B.) and him together on same team. We would have been tough to beat.

Yea that was the kids name from DA.... very smooth player all around for his height that could do a little of everything... very polished player. And I went to a playoff game in football where he single handily almost beat Bigelow in a close loss. They just played jump ball with the small corners!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: beach bum on February 11, 2015, 06:26:04 pm

Yea that was the kids name from DA.... very smooth player all around for his height that could do a little of everything... very polished player. And I went to a playoff game in football where he single handily almost beat Bigelow in a close loss. They just played jump ball with the small corners!

Thanks for the compliments, he's my nephew. He's grown to 6'7" 210. He has been playing pretty good the last 6-8 games this year. He's a Jr. and the only white basketball player in the SWAC or at least he was last year.

beach bum

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 11, 2015, 06:29:47 pm

Thanks for the compliments, he's my nephew. He's grown to 6'7" 210. He has been playing pretty good the last 6-8 games this year. He's a Jr. and the only white basketball player in the SWAC or at least he was last year.

That is really incredible. Takes a person comfortable in their skin and knowing who they are as a person on the inside to do something like that cause the sad way people live in this world is so black and white on any issue. Most grown adults haven't come to a place in life to be that way. That really is awesome because I had no clue he was the only one in the SWAC.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: beach bum on February 11, 2015, 06:43:58 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 11, 2015, 06:29:47 pm

That is really incredible. Takes a person comfortable in their skin and knowing who they are as a person on the inside to do something like that cause the sad way people live in this world is so black and white on any issue. Most grown adults haven't come to a place in life to be that way. That really is awesome because I had no clue he was the only one in the SWAC.

He wants to be a coach when he's done playing. Coach Ivory tells him that coaches everywhere will remember him, because of that. Its kinda neat for us, his family, because when we walk in the gym, EVERYBODY knows who we are. And the fans at the games are ALWAYS super nice and treat us great.

He's also gotten to play in some big time places, Michigan st. twice, been to Hawaii twice, all over the place, places you wouldn't expect a kid from des arc to be playing in. I am a firm believer that if not for coach Bill Winston and the Arkansas Hawks a.a.u. team, he wouldn't be getting a free education right now.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: mrscoach on February 11, 2015, 01:10:55 pm
Quote from: HF on February 10, 2015, 08:37:24 pm

Academic Plus and Lisa Academy are the #1 and #2 seeds in the Jr. Boys District Tournament.

Well then...lol...Academics Plus Boys made Region in 1A last year, but that's kind of a surprise about Lisa Academy. But I do expect them to jump to 3A next cycle though, so not much of a surprise...

HorseFeathers

Games were played tonight in Hector...haven't seen any results yet though...

Alien

Conway Christian boys won 70-59

HorseFeathers

Hector boys beat Conway Christian tonight...Will play #1 Seed Conway St Joe Tomorrow night...

#1 Hector girls, will play #4 Conway St Joe tomorrow night as well...

Don't know about the other games...will try to update the bracket tomorrow night :D

BBALLFAN#1

Western Yell County boys win over Conway Christian last night.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BBALLFAN#1 on February 20, 2015, 01:28:31 pm

Your right...I wasn't actually there...

4-2A East tournament games scheduled for tonight have been postponed until tomorrow afternoon...

Basketball13

Quote from: HF on February 20, 2015, 03:16:05 pm
Quote from: BBALLFAN#1 on February 20, 2015, 01:28:31 pm

Your right...I wasn't actually there...

4-2A East tournament games scheduled for tonight have been postponed until tomorrow afternoon...

Schedule for tomorrow?

HorseFeathers

February 20, 2015, 07:09:32 pm #39 Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 08:08:52 pm by HF
2:00 Quitman vs CCS(I think it's CCS)
3:30 BOys: Hector vs Conway St Joe
5:15 Girls: Hector vs Conway St Joe
7:00: Boys: Bigelwo vs WYC

Only games times I seen posted were Hectors and first game starting at 2...So I just put out my best educated guess on the other 2 games start times..

BBALLFAN#1

I had heard WYC plays Bigelow at 3:15 tomorrow...

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BBALLFAN#1 on February 20, 2015, 07:30:41 pm
I had heard WYC plays Bigelow at 3:15 tomorrow...

Could be...the post on Facebook said first game at 2:00, then Hector's boys game to start at 4:00 as the 2nd game(which I thought was messed up in itself, which is why I posted it to be at 3:00)...I asked on it, but nobody will comment back...

HorseFeathers

2:00 Quitman vs CCS(I think it's CCS)
3:15 BOys: Bigelwo vs WYC
4:30 Girls: Hector vs Conway St Joe
5:45: Boys: Hector vs Conway St Joe

This should be right...

HorseFeathers

Hector girls beat CSJ to advance to their first district final in forever....

Hector boys lost 36-37 to CSJ...

Finals for Monday
5 p.m  Girls: Hector vs Conway Christian
6:30:  Boys: Conway St Joseph vs Bigelow

DragonFan

Was Conway Christian girls an upset over Quitman?

HorseFeathers

Seeding wise, Yes...I don't know about talent wise...haven't seen but 1 game in the district this year...and that Was CSJ @ Hector..

softballfan

Quote from: HF on February 21, 2015, 09:29:07 pm
Hector girls beat CSJ to advance to their first district final in forever....

Hector boys lost 36-37 to CSJ...

Finals for Monday
5 p.m  Girls: Hector vs Conway Christian
6:30:  Boys: Conway St Joseph vs Bigelow
I believe the Hector girls were in the district finals last year against Conway St. Joe.

HorseFeathers

.....meant to put to play for their first district title in forever

DragonFan

Are the 2A-4 East District Finals still on for tonight? 2A-4 West District Finals at Hackett were cancelled altogether.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: DragonFan on February 23, 2015, 04:46:12 pm
Are the 2A-4 East District Finals still on for tonight? 2A-4 West District Finals at Hackett were cancelled altogether.

Hector sent students home around Noon...Roads are clear here, but not so much down towards Bigelow....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas