• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-2A Week 1

Started by beach bum, August 25, 2018, 10:34:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

August 25, 2018, 10:34:13 am Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 11:52:20 am by beach bum
Hackett over Pocola- Pocola will be not on the level of Mansfield so I think Hackett's duel threat QB does whatever he wants against an inferior opponent and Hackett wins comfortably

Hector over Marshall- this is putting this nicely but Marshall ain't Atkins so I expect Hector to win quite easy here

Lavaca over Subiaco- I hear Subiaco looks at least a little better which still may not mean much. I probably should pick Subiaco but I will take Lavaca in a very narrow win. If Lavaca expects to have a decent season they have to be able to beat a team like Subiaco

Two Rivers over Western Yell- This should be a close game. Not really sure who to even go with here but I think Two Rivers will be dreaming for a win and will get it in one of the few they have even a chance to get

Cedarville over Mountainburg- the 4-2A game of the week and its not even close cause this should be a treat for the fans on both sides cause I would be shocked if anyone runs away with this by more than 10 or 11 points. Cedarville looks improved and did beat JC Westside 50-0 but I am not sure what stock to put in that cause a lot of folks look like they will be mercy ruling Westside. In a game where it looks like you're really splitting hairs cause it appears that close between the two I will give Cedarville the nod cause I have heard rumor Mountainburg did not even play a benefit game so this will be the first time throwing the jersey on while Cedarville has played a real game and a benefit game. Will that lead to a rusty Mountainburg to start the game? If Mountainburg wins this game they may have a squad good enough to get past that 2nd round playoff hump they keep hitting in recent years and will be my pick to win the 4-2A cause Cedarville seems much better than the last three years the Dragons have owned them. A win over their rivals this year would be the biggest win for Mountainburg imo of the recent winning streak over Cedarville. Again, this is by far the best 4-2A game to watch this coming week.

Prouddragondad

Ok beach bum I'm going have to give you a hard time cause on the 3A board you got Cedarville picked to win 34-13 and now on 2A board you think it will be close so which is it Cedarville wins big or not? Lol!

beach bum

August 25, 2018, 12:51:14 pm #2 Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 12:55:56 pm by beach bum
Quote from: Prouddragondad on August 25, 2018, 12:47:35 pm
Ok beach bum I'm going have to give you a hard time cause on the 3A board you got Cedarville picked to win 34-13 and now on 2A board you think it will be close so which is it Cedarville wins big or not? Lol!

Haha.... yea I think I ended up settling at 34-23 as the score..... I will say these early season games are so hard to pick cause its a mystery until we see everybody play at least a couple games each. I did horrible on the 4A board pick ems week 0 but there were some shockers especially in 4A. So if my pick ems skills match up with how I did there that means great things for you all cause I could barely get any picks right there so the odds may be in your favor cause I cursed a lot of teams there ;D . I think if I have a bad week picking games again I may have to retire for good although its fun to give people a chance to chime in on their thoughts for the week.

Prouddragondad

Quote from: Prouddragondad on August 25, 2018, 12:47:35 pm
Lol! That's why I don't even try to pick the other teams it would be bad

Wildcatalumni21

Good luck to all teams this week! Our boys will rebound, get a key player back this week and hopefully get 2 others healthy that went out in 1st quarter last night

HorseFeathers

Kohen(sp?) Going out hurt the offense quite a bit....Atkins exposed stuff, and Marshall SHOULD be a good game to see if the wildcats get some stuff fixed in practice this week

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: HorseFeathers on August 25, 2018, 01:59:47 pm
Kohen(sp?) Going out hurt the offense quite a bit....Atkins exposed stuff, and Marshall SHOULD be a good game to see if the wildcats get some stuff fixed in practice this week
Yes it did, hope he can come back this week but don't know. Feel like our defense played pretty well without 3 starters for 2 1/2 quarters against a solid Atkins offense. I think we'll be focused and ready to go Friday

Wildcatalumni21

Hackett- Either they aren't as strong as we all thought or Pocola is much improved!

Hector- Bounced back even though starting RB and OLB sat out due to injury. Good to have our MLB back now just to get everyone healthy

Lavaca- Might be a long year with only scoring 12 against Subiaco

WYC- Looking like they will have a good shot as the 5 seed, just good to see them pick up a W

Mountainburg- Not gonna lie, pretty impressed with their W over an improved Cedarville team. Heard their stud RB didn't even play. Could this be the year for the Dragons?

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on September 01, 2018, 10:06:41 am
Hackett- Either they aren't as strong as we all thought or Pocola is much improved!

Hector- Bounced back even though starting RB and OLB sat out due to injury. Good to have our MLB back now just to get everyone healthy

Lavaca- Might be a long year with only scoring 12 against Subiaco

WYC- Looking like they will have a good shot as the 5 seed, just good to see them pick up a W

Mountainburg- Not gonna lie, pretty impressed with their W over an improved Cedarville team. Heard their stud RB didn't even play. Could this be the year for the Dragons?

Pocola wouldn't finish 1st in our conference, but they certainly wouldn't finish last. We won 26-7? With 3 drives into the red zone with no points. This is what I don't understand, we beat a quality team by (3) touchdowns, is that not good enough?

Pocola is improved from the last few years, but we also didn't play all that great, in the first half. We took care of business in the second half and beat them soundly.

rattlerfan24

Quote from: Hornet4ever on September 01, 2018, 10:36:31 am
Pocola wouldn't finish 1st in our conference, but they certainly wouldn't finish last. We won 26-7? With 3 drives into the red zone with no points. This is what I don't understand, we beat a quality team by (3) touchdowns, is that not good enough?

Pocola is improved from the last few years, but we also didn't play all that great, in the first half. We took care of business in the second half and beat them soundly.
dont feel to bad, magazine is in such bad shape we dont even get a mention in our own week 1 conference thread ;)

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Hornet4ever on September 01, 2018, 10:36:31 am

Guess you didn't read the part where I said, "or Pocola is much improved". No sense in getting all defensive bud. Was just said that Pocola was inferior and that Hackett should have their way.

Quote from: rattlerfan24 on September 01, 2018, 11:02:27 am
dont feel to bad, magazine is in such bad shape we dont even get a mention in our own week 1 conference thread ;)
I was just going by what was posted in the beginning lol. I will say though that we was staying in tune with y'alls game with Mt. Ida and was all impressed with the score at half! Good to see the Rattlers starting to move forward again in the program!

athletic supporter

Hector has really shown me they are scheduling "powerhouses" in the non-con. Marshall and next Perryville. Wow!!!

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: athletic supporter on September 02, 2018, 06:54:34 pm
Hector has really shown me they are scheduling "powerhouses" in the non-con. Marshall and next Perryville. Wow!!!
I guess Junction City isn't a powerhous?? 🤔

athletic supporter

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on September 02, 2018, 07:45:06 pm
I guess Junction City isn't a powerhous?? 🤔

Have been in the past. Another L for the boys in blue.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: athletic supporter on September 02, 2018, 07:52:47 pm
Have been in the past. Another L for the boys in blue.
Maybe so, but our boys won't back down and will compete
I'm just glad y'all beat Dover cuz that's one thing we can both agree on is a strong disliking for them!

athletic supporter

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on September 02, 2018, 07:57:11 pm
Maybe so, but our boys won't back down and will compete
I'm just glad y'all beat Dover cuz that's one thing we can both agree on is a strong disliking for them!

Why don't y'all schedule them instead of Marshall? I guess y'all are scared of them. That was the reasoning for us not playing Hector the last few years, right?

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: athletic supporter on September 02, 2018, 08:02:44 pm
Why don't y'all schedule them instead of Marshall? I guess y'all are scared of them. That was the reasoning for us not playing Hector the last few years, right?
Correct. Ask them cuz I know it's been attempted to be scheduled. I really have no idea about the Perryville game, unless it's cuz our old Superintendent is there now. I was fine with having Bearden the last few years and Paris last year was fun to beat up on

athletic supporter

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on September 02, 2018, 08:13:03 pm
Correct. Ask them cuz I know it's been attempted to be scheduled. I really have no idea about the Perryville game, unless it's cuz our old Superintendent is there now. I was fine with having Bearden the last few years and Paris last year was fun to beat up on

So y'all have tried to schedule Dover and they're scared of you too?

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: athletic supporter on September 02, 2018, 08:24:59 pm
So y'all have tried to schedule Dover and they're scared of you too?
Crazy huh? Idk what this world is coming to

athletic supporter

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on September 02, 2018, 08:32:47 pm
Crazy huh? Idk what this world is coming to

I can't believe y'all can even fill out a schedule. I mean who would want to play the mighty Wildcats if you don't HAVE to?

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: athletic supporter on September 02, 2018, 08:41:17 pm
I can't believe y'all can even fill out a schedule. I mean who would want to play the mighty Wildcats if you don't HAVE to?
I'm just as surprised as you are man

athletic supporter

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on September 02, 2018, 08:46:08 pm
I'm just as surprised as you are man

I'm just mad my son didn't get to play against y'all. It would've been awesome for him to get to play such a historic powerhouse program in the state. He had to settle for playing against the likes of Charleston, Newport, Barton, Harding Academy, and McGehee. Those teams don't have near the tradition as Hector.

wiseguy

Quote from: athletic supporter on September 02, 2018, 08:41:17 pm
athletic supporter if I didn't know better I'd think you don't care much for Hector :'(

athletic supporter

Quote from: wiseguy on September 02, 2018, 09:32:57 pm
athletic supporter if I didn't know better I'd think you don't care much for Hector :'(

Apparently you don't know better. I just don't like people who tell me that Atkins was scared of the mighty Wildcats the last few years, especially someone who claims to "know" so much

wiseguy

Quote from: athletic supporter on September 02, 2018, 09:38:04 pm
Apparently you don't know better. I just don't like people who tell me that Atkins was scared of the mighty Wildcats the last few years, especially someone who claims to "know" so much
I'm sorry he hurt you with those words :-\

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: athletic supporter on September 02, 2018, 09:30:35 pm
I'm just mad my son didn't get to play against y'all. It would've been awesome for him to get to play such a historic powerhouse program in the state. He had to settle for playing against the likes of Charleston, Newport, Barton, Harding Academy, and McGehee. Those teams don't have near the tradition as Hector.
Yeah I hate that for him. It would have been a memory he could have cherished! Those are still very good programs though!

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: athletic supporter on September 02, 2018, 09:38:04 pm
I know a little bit but not a whole lot. Heck I didn't even know enough to play back in high school 😂

HorseFeathers

September 03, 2018, 07:12:49 pm #27 Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 09:01:39 pm by HorseFeathers
Kinda feel like someone needs to ask ole jock_stral to point on the doll to where alumni hurt him at ::)

If I remember right Dover dropped Hector after a 47-0 thrashing in 05 or 06...Kinda like they did after the 85 season when hector beat them for the first time(the latter coming from a Dover alum)

Fwiw Pocola was 1-7 last year and was close to -30 on the average point margin 🤷

Hornet4ever

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 03, 2018, 07:12:49 pm
Kinda feel like someone needs to ask ole jock_stral to point on the doll to where alumni hurt him at ::)

If I remember right Dover dropped Hector after a 47-0 thrashing in 05 or 06...Kinda like they did after the 85 season when hector beat them for the first time(the latter coming from a Dover alum)

Fwiw Pocola was 1-7 last year and was close to -30 on the average point margin 🤷

Pocola also has a good crop of kids that moved up from junior high and also have a new coach. They are a much different team than last year. Pocola has size, with one receiver around 6'4 and a defensive end around 6'3 - 6'4. They looked much bigger, faster, and more well rounded. Hackett is not a push over - we will push Burg and Hector this season, if not win. I hope I'm not wrong, but I've got faith in my guys. Hackett played a very sloppy first half and then cleaned it up in the second half.

DnA Prostaff

Quote from: Hornet4ever on September 04, 2018, 03:00:07 am
Pocola also has a good crop of kids that moved up from junior high and also have a new coach. They are a much different team than last year. Pocola has size, with one receiver around 6'4 and a defensive end around 6'3 - 6'4. They looked much bigger, faster, and more well rounded. Hackett is not a push over - we will push Burg and Hector this season, if not win. I hope I'm not wrong, but I've got faith in my guys. Hackett played a very sloppy first half and then cleaned it up in the second half.

I hope your right Hornet! Burg sounds tough this year. Cedarville is no slouch and it sounds like Burg had chances to beat them bad.   First game woes, but a buddy of mine went to the game and said Cedarville really had some lucky plays that kept it close.  Pass bounced off a receivers head and another one caught it! lol   I haven't seen Hector since they left the conference a couple years ago.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: DnA Prostaff on September 04, 2018, 08:33:21 am
I hope your right Hornet! Burg sounds tough this year. Cedarville is no slouch and it sounds like Burg had chances to beat them bad.   First game woes, but a buddy of mine went to the game and said Cedarville really had some lucky plays that kept it close.  Pass bounced off a receivers head and another one caught it! lol   I haven't seen Hector since they left the conference a couple years ago.
If Hector can get and stay healthy we'll be fine. We've yet to have a game without missing at least 2 starters on both sides of the ball. We'll be without 1 on offense (starting center) and 1 on defense (OLB) this week as well. But thankfully got our RB and other OLB back for this week is what I heard

DnA Prostaff

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: DnA Prostaff on September 04, 2018, 08:58:15 am
injuries?
Yes. Center went out with broken collarbone in scrimmage at Charleston, starting RB/OLB went out in 1st qtr against Atkins with concussion from his own team mate, other OLB went out in 1st qtr of Atkins game also with torn hamstring, our MLB was at Army Basic and returned this past Friday but has to learn the new system. We are already playing a ton of sophomores with 3 WR's and 3 OL plus there's I think 4 that start on defense. This will he somewhat of a down year for Hector but I still think we will compete for the conference. Glad that a down year for us still means in contention for a conference title. We've built something very nice at Hector and it will continue

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas