• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

trumann senior boys

Started by elvis26, November 18, 2017, 09:36:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

elvis26

:) biglion read the front page of todays Jonesboro sun. they have a article on why coach wise was let go.

Sports24/7

Quote from: elvis26 on May 11, 2018, 05:02:06 pm
:) biglion read the front page of todays Jonesboro sun. they have a article on why coach wise was let go.

Didn't get to see the paper Elvis26, what the article say?

OB11

Quote from: Sports24/7 on May 14, 2018, 10:14:08 am
Didn't get to see the paper Elvis26, what the article say?

Basically the school has 14 accusations against him including...showing up late for work, talking badly about the school and administration in public, posting inappropriate things on social media about school/admin/officials, not showing up for practices, etc. I don't know that the article listed all of them. The paper said he is denying all 14 points.

ArkansasSportsFan

Quote from: OB11 on May 14, 2018, 10:30:15 am
Basically the school has 14 accusations against him including...showing up late for work, talking badly about the school and administration in public, posting inappropriate things on social media about school/admin/officials, not showing up for practices, etc. I don't know that the article listed all of them. The paper said he is denying all 14 points.

I've heard when Trumann admin goes after someone for their job they try to pull out everything they can, not shocked by that now.

Informant

Looks as if Mr. Wise will be selling real estate or insurance soon.  I understand he is denying them, but with the social media and technological world we live now, it would be very hard for anyone to prove these accusations were fabricated.  I know nothing of this situation other than what I have read in the paper, but this isn't looking good for Wise as far as future education employment goes.  On the flipside, whoever accepts this job should be very aware of the lengths the Trumann admin will go to in order to ensure your job is done correctly and professoinally.  This isn't good for Trumann or Wise. 

CoachEagleCat

From what I've been told by someone close to the Trumann admin, there will be another story printed in Thursday's paper. She didn't elaborate on what that would be.

Sports24/7

Any news on what it is that's in the paper yet? Wanting to know.

elvis26

:D I live at trumann  and there has not been any news reported in the paper yet. I will let you know if I hear anything!!!!!!!!

Informant

I would think at this point, no other news is necessary on the matter.  He was reassigned, not terminated.  Trumann admin doesn't have to have a reason necessarily for reassignment.  Although they clearly have about 14 reasons that could be easily proven.  I don't see any point in further reporting this situation.  It can only hurt the school and the athletic department.  They already have been scarred by this.  All 3 major boys sports need coaches, they need and AD and a principal.  Their boys basketball position was one of the first open.  As far as I am concerned, Wise is old news.  The powers that be in Trumann need to move on and forward quickly.  Several qualified candidates have either taken other jobs, or withdrawn from consideration because of the lengthy time its taken to get a call back.  I hold no ill will towards Trumann of any kind, but given the way this has been handled, I don't foresee them being competitive in athletics anytime in the near future. 

MikeDieselâ„¢

Quote from: Informant on May 17, 2018, 05:40:23 pm
I would think at this point, no other news is necessary on the matter.  He was reassigned, not terminated.  Trumann admin doesn't have to have a reason necessarily for reassignment.  Although they clearly have about 14 reasons that could be easily proven.  I don't see any point in further reporting this situation.  It can only hurt the school and the athletic department.  They already have been scarred by this.  All 3 major boys sports need coaches, they need and AD and a principal.  Their boys basketball position was one of the first open.  As far as I am concerned, Wise is old news.  The powers that be in Trumann need to move on and forward quickly.  Several qualified candidates have either taken other jobs, or withdrawn from consideration because of the lengthy time its taken to get a call back.  I hold no ill will towards Trumann of any kind, but given the way this has been handled, I don't foresee them being competitive in athletics anytime in the near future. 

It sounds like they have hired a basketball coach.

Informant

Billy Phelan is the guy.  Coaching stops at Sylvan Hills, Cross County, and Blytheville.  He is Jordan Wise 2.0.  Good luck to the Wildcats this season.

elvis26

:D welcome to the wildcat family coach phelan!!!!!!! go wildcats!!!!!!!!!!!

OB11

Article in today's Jonesboro Sun says Wise is suing the school.

hsindian

The Trumann Terminator. This could get better than Memphis wrestling on Saturday mornings when I was a kid lol. https://neareport.com/2018/05/25/ex-teacher-alleges-hatchet-job-terminator-trumann/

hsindian

elvis26

:D so true hsindian!!!!! I am ready for the next chapter lol!!!!!!!!!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas