• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A Fan Poll - Pre-Week 5 Top Ten (VOTE FOR WEEK 6 HERE)

Started by AT, September 28, 2016, 08:58:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

September 28, 2016, 08:58:04 pm Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 08:34:15 pm by Almatrackster
5A FAN POLL PRE-WEEK 5 TOP TEN
1. Pulaski Academy - 193 (15) - The Little Rock Fair win couldn't help, but didn't hurt.

2. Wynne - 181 (4) - A win against #11 Blytheville moves the Yellowjackets a bit closer to the top spot.

3. Morrilton - 158 - A big win over #13 Harrison impressed the voters to get a lot of respect in their polls.

4. Sylvan Hills - 142 (1) - Sylvan Hills is the only team to have a win over another top ten team.

5. Alma - 116 - A win over Vilonia wasn't by as much as some voters wanted, but not a bad margin.

6. Batesville - 76 - The Pioneers move up with a good conference victory over an improving Nettleton team.

7. White Hall - 61 - After no South teams last week, White Hall makes the top ten after blanking Magnolia.

8. Greenbrier - 49 - The Panthers move back into the top ten after a win against Maumelle.

9. Watson Chapel - 36 - Another South team as Watson Chapel shows back up after beating Hot Springs.

10. Little Rock McClellan - 35 - The Lions drop 7 spots after losing to Sylvan Hills pretty handily.

Others receiving votes:
11. Blytheville - 17
12. Little Rock Christian - 14
13. Harrison - 10
14. Hot Springs Lakeside - 6
T15. Forrest City - 2
T15. Valley View - 2
T17. Maumelle - 1
T17. Nettleton - 1

Pollsters: 20
Almatrackster, woopork, Fred Bird, AIREDALE25, MDXPHD, SHHSFAN, DEVIL DOG HOG, PA Dad, The Future, Overdahill, Deuceswild, GuvHog, Rick Swines, Chip, Chief_Osceola, wynnefootballfan, Youngsta71701, MikeDiesel, TheSpecial, proud_dad

TOP TEN MATCHUPS - Conference Play 2.0
1. Pulaski Academy vs. Beebe
What does this game mean for the 5A Central? - It means that PA just keeps their hold on the #1 seed. Beebe obviously shakes the whole conference up with a win.

What does Pulaski Academy need to do to stay #1? - I'd say win by a healthy margin. 4 or 5 scores. 3 scores maybe.

2. Wynne vs. Greene County Tech
What does this game mean for the 5A East? - In all likelihood, it's probably just the one or two seed playing the seventh or eighth place team.

What does Wynne need to do to move up? - Probably mercy rule GCT and hope PA barely wins or loses.

3. Morrilton @ 8. Greenbrier
What does this game mean for the 5A West? - It will have playoff implications. Greenbrier can let everyone know that the #1 and #2 seed is not just between Alma and Motown. Morrilton can put themselves in the driver's seat of the 5A West.

What does Morrilton need to do to move up? - Win by two or three scores and hope a team ahead of them loses. If they mercy rule Greenbrier, it will just depend on how the teams ahead of them do?

What does Greenbrier need to do to move up? - Just win.

4. Sylvan Hills @ 12. Little Rock Christian
What does this game mean for the 5A Central? - Sylvan Hills can show they are the main competitor to dethrone PA from the top of the conference. At the same time, LRC could show they are the darkhorses to do it.

What does Sylvan Hills need to do to move up? - Win by a healthy margin and hope for some losses or close wins ahead of them.

5. Alma @ Farmington
What does this game mean for the 5A West? - Alma can win and set up a game for a top two seed next week. If Farmington wins, they are suddenly 2-0 and a darkhorse contender for a top 2 seed and they would shake up the whole conference.

What does Alma need to do to move up? - They need to mercy rule Farmington and hope for some close wins or losses ahead of them.

6. Batesville @ Paragould
What does this game mean for the 5A East? - Batesville still keeps their conference championship in sight with a win. Paragould can shake up everything with a win.

What does Batesville need to do to move up? - They need to mercy rule Paragould and hope for some close wins and losses ahead of them.

7. White Hall vs. Camden Fairview
What does this game mean for the 5A South? - White Hall can show they are right there with the winner of DQ and WC for the 1 seed in the South. Camden Fairiview can show they aren't going anywhere just yet.

What does White Hall need to do to move up? - Win and hope for some losses or close wins ahead of them.

9. Watson Chapel vs. De Queen
What does this game mean for the 5A South - Whoever wins this game will be in a good position to take a top two seed in the playoffs.

What does Watson Chapel need to do to move up? - Win and hope for some losses ahead of them.

10. Little Rock McClellan vs. Little Rock Mills
What does this game mean for the 5A Central? - McClellan can still keep a share of the conference title in sight and Mills can shake up some things and be a darkhorse contender for a top two seed.

What does Little Rock McClellan need to do to move up? - Hope for some losses ahead of them.

AT

Do you guys think this is a relatively boring week in 5A? Morrilton @ Greenbrier is the best matchup and I think the second best one is Sylvan Hills vs. LRC. Maybe we'll see a few upsets.

Also I think every week in the South will be interesting this season.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Almatrackster on September 30, 2016, 10:24:41 am
Do you guys think this is a relatively boring week in 5A? Morrilton @ Greenbrier is the best matchup and I think the second best one is Sylvan Hills vs. LRC. Maybe we'll see a few upsets.

Also I think every week in the South will be interesting this season.
Camden Fairview will upset (even though I wouldn't consider it an upset) White Hall. Book it!

GhostofRosswoodCC

YOungsta hates his whole coaching staff and says they are terrible,  but they will beat WHite Hall interesting

MDXPHD

I think Blytheville and Nettleton is a good matchup and I'm certain one of them should be in the top 10.

Youngsta71701

September 30, 2016, 12:53:14 pm #5 Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 12:00:06 am by Youngsta71701
Quote from: GhostofRosswoodCC on September 30, 2016, 10:48:50 am
YOungsta hates his whole coaching staff and says they are terrible,  but they will beat WHite Hall interesting
Nah, I don't have a problem with the new coaching staff because at least I can see some kind of hope. It was the coaching staff of the last two years that didn't have any discipline or organization. They also failed to make adjustments when something clearly wasn't working. We simply have too much speed to keep on losing these close games. Plus the kids are still figuring out the new system. It all starts to click tonight. ;)

AT

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 30, 2016, 12:17:26 pm
I think Blytheville and Nettleton is a good matchup and I'm certain one of them should be in the top 10.

I think whoever wins this matchup will jump into the top ten next week. It's possible they don't if Greenbrier beats Morrilton and all the other teams win.

There may not be much shakeup in the top ten other than that.

MDXPHD

1. PA
2. Wynne

3. Morrilton
4. Alma
5. Sylvan Hills
6. Blytheville
7. White Hall
8. Batesville
9. Watson Chapel
10. Greenbrier

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 30, 2016, 12:53:14 pm
Nah, I don't have a problem with the new coaching staff because at least I can see some kind of hope. It was the coaching staff of the last two years that didn't have any discipline or organization. They also failed to make adjustments when something clearly wasn't working. We simply have too much speed to keep on losing these close games. Plus the kids are still figuring out the new system. It all starts to click tonight. ;)
Boy was I wrong.

DEVIL DOG HOG

1. PA
2. Wynne
3. Morrilton
4. Alma
5. Sylvan Hills
6. White Hall
7. Forest City
8. Harrison
9. Batesville
10. Greenbrier

Overdahill

10. White Hall

1. PA
2. Wynne
3. MoTown
4. SH (DaBears)
5. Alma
6. Batesville
7. McClellan
8. WC
9. GB

GuvHog

1.  PA
2.  Wynne
3.  Alma
4.  Morrilton
5.  Sylvan Hills
6.  Batesville
7.  Watson Chapel
8.  McClellan
9.  White Hall
10. Harrison

AT

1. Pulaski Academy - The Bruins beat Beebe like they should.

2. Wynne - The Yellowjackets blank Greene County Tech as expected.

3. Sylvan Hill - The Bears have probably had the toughest 5A Conference schedule in the top ten so far and are 2-0.

4. Morrilton - Held on against a solid Greenbrier team.

5. Alma - Struggled out of the gate against Farmington and finished strong.

6. Watson Chapel - Handled a De Queen team that many think might be on the rise.

7. Batesville - Tough to say how good they are yet, but next week's conference game will give us a vague idea.

8. White Hall - Pulled away from a decent Camden Fairview team.

9. Hot Springs Lakeside - Held on against Magnolia.

10. Greenbrier - Hung with a good Morrilton team.

PA Dad

1.  Wynne - won as expected.

2.  PA -  not challenged by Beebe.

3.    Sylvan Hills - showed grit in winning late against LRCA.

4.   Alma - solid win.  Showdown is next.

5.    Watson Chapel - looks like a solid team.

6.   Batesville-  just waiting for Wynne and Blytheville.

7.    White Hall - good win over CF.

8.    Blytheville- rolled over Nettleton.

9.  Greenbrier-  good showing against  Morrilton.

10.  McClellan -  best of the rest?

I agree with MDX.  while I still think Morrilton is one of the top teams in 5A, I can't put an 0-5 team in the top ten.

AIREDALE25

1. PA
2.Wynee
3.Alma
4.Morrliton
5. Sylvan Hills
6. Batesville
7. Watson Chapel
8. White Hall
9. Greenbrier
10. Blytheville

woopork

1 PA
2 Wynne
3 Morrilton
4 Sylvan Hills
5 Alma
6 White Hall
7 Greenbrier
8 LRCA
9 Blytheville
10 Batesville

MikeDieselâ„¢

1. Wynne
2. PA
3. Morrilton
4. Alma
5. Blytheville
6. Sylvan Hills
7. Greenbrier
8. Batesville
9. White Hall
10. Watson Chapel

I'm a little confused by all the love for Batesville while many are leaving Blytheville off their top 10 completely. Oh well, we will play each other soon enough.

AT

Quote from: MikeDieselâ„¢ on October 01, 2016, 12:09:38 pm
1. Wynne
2. PA
3. Morrilton
4. Alma
5. Blytheville
6. Sylvan Hills
7. Greenbrier
8. Batesville
9. White Hall
10. Watson Chapel

I'm a little confused by all the love for Batesville while many are leaving Blytheville off their top 10 completely. Oh well, we will play each other soon enough.

It's a fair concern. I know polls aren't supposed to take history into account, but we all know that high school football tradition means more than any other level of football and I think people are a bit hesitant to put Blytheville over Batesville based on recent history.

PA Dad

1. Wynne
2. PA
3. Morrilton
4. Alma
5. Blytheville
6. Sylvan Hills
7. Greenbrier
8. Batesville
9. White Hall
10. Watson Chapel

Polls are fun and it's easy to criticize.  You have Alma at 4 with two losses.  Batesville has two losses.  What's the difference?

And you have Blytheville ahead of undefeated Sylvan Hills.  Is that a bias toward the East or can you give us a reason to justify it?

Rick Swines

Quote from: PA Dad on October 01, 2016, 08:58:35 pm
Polls are fun and it's easy to criticize.  You have Alma at 4 with two losses.  Batesville has two losses.  What's the difference?

This wouldn't be my poll but Alma lost to two tough teams. Batesville lost to a searcy team that isn't great and got demolished by Jonesboro plus barely beat Mt home and nettleton. That would be my hesitation on Batesville being low or not in top 10.

And you have Blytheville ahead of undefeated Sylvan Hills.  Is that a bias toward the East or can you give us a reason to justify it?

Deuceswild

1. PA
2.Wynne
3.Morrilton
open space for a team to step up big. Perhaps Alma can bring it this week?
4.SHHS
5.Alma
6.White Hall
7.Batesville
8.Greenbrier
9.McLovin
10.Harrison

AT

I think there are 10 polls already in. Keep them coming. I'll keep it open until Wednesday night.

The Future

Seems theres a bit of agreement on the first 4 or 5 spots. Can't believe we are already half way through the regular season.

1. Pulaski Academy- As long as Bruins keep winning convinvingly, their top spot is safe.
2. Wynne- 5-0 start for the Jackets hoping for some sort of PA upset to claim that first spot. That'll have to wait til at least week 13 though.
3. Morrilton- Took care of a game Panthers team to help their playoff seeding. Now its on to Alma to decide whos in the frontrunning for the West.
4. Sylvan Hills- With the exception of PA in a couple weeks, the rest of the Bear's schedule looks pretty good.
5. Alma- Morrilton, Harrison, and Greenbrier coming up in the next 4 weeks. 3-0 against them teams and Alma could shoot back up into the top 3.
6. Batesville- Looking good, but Blytheville and Wynne still coming up.
7. White Hall- Still lots of questions about where to put them, but they are still undefeated.
8. Blytheville- Upcoming games will help decide if Chickasaws belong in the upper or lower half of the top 10.
9. Watson Chapel- Solid playoff team.
10. Greenbrier- Stayed in there with a good Morrilton team and is on pace for a 3rd playoff seed in the West.

PA over LRC
Wynne over Valley View
Sylvan Hills over LR Mills
Alma over Morrilton
Batesville over Forrest City
White Hall over Lakeside
Blytheville over GCT
Watson Chapel over Hope
Greenbrier over Farmington

Looking ahead, but the playoffs are shaping up to be very interesting.
The second round will have W1 host winner of C2 and S3, so that will most likely be Sylvan Hills at either Morrilton or Alma.
Then the semis on that side of the bracket will have the winner of said game above against the winner of E1 (Wynne more than likely) and S2 and C3 (McClellan). So we could very well see a Morrilton or Alma vs Wynne (or maybe Batesville) in week 13.
But the best thing about that is that that means PA is on the other side of the bracket with homefield all the way to the Rock. They will play the winner of the W2 and E3 (Alma or Morrilton vs Blytheville maybe) in the second round before hosting most likely E2 or W3 because whoever wins that first round game will most likely beat the winner of the S1/C4 game.
So its looking like the 5A title game could be PA vs either Wynne, Alma, or Morrilton.
I know there's a thousand more ways it can play out. This is just my looking forward and making my prediction.

Chip

1. PA
2. Morrilton
3. Wynne
4. White Hall
5. Alma
6. Sylvan Hills
7. Batesville
8. Blytheville
9. McClellan
10. Forrest City

Youngsta71701

October 03, 2016, 10:22:35 am #24 Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 10:32:25 am by Youngsta71701
1. Pulaski Academy (4-1) (2-0)
2. Wynne (5-0) (2-0)
3. Sylvan Hills (5-0) (2-0)
4. Morrilton (4-1) (2-0)
5. Alma (3-2) (2-0)
6. Batesville (3-2) (2-0)
7. McClellan (3-2) (1-1)
8. White Hall (5-0) (2-0)
9. Watson Chapel (3-2) (2-0)
10. Greenbrier (3-2) (1-1)

On the outside looking in:
11. Blytheville (3-2) (1-1)
12. Forrest City (4-1) (2-0)
13. Harrison (4-1) (1-1)
14. Vilonia (4-1) (1-1)

MDXPHD

1. Wynne
2. PA
3. Morrilton
4. Alma
5. Blytheville
6. Sylvan Hills
7. Greenbrier
8. Batesville
9. White Hall
10. Watson Chapel

Blytheville is certainly a top 10 team. I don't know why a lot of the polls are keeping them out but they will be in soon enough. The love for Batesville comes only because they have 6 straight semifinal runs and always start off slow. It might not happen this year, but who knows.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 03, 2016, 11:10:23 am
Blytheville is certainly a top 10 team. I don't know why a lot of the polls are keeping them out but they will be in soon enough. The love for Batesville comes only because they have 6 straight semifinal runs and always start off slow. It might not happen this year, but who knows.
My #10 team came down to Blytheville and Greenbrier. I went with Greenbrier based on how close they played Morrilton.

AT

GhostofRosswoodCC

1. Wynne
2. P.A.
3. White Hall (5-0) (2-0)
4. Sylvan Hills
5. Morrilton
6. Batesville
7  Watson Crapel
8. McClellan
9. Alma
10. HS Lakeside

Good luck this week and God Bless our Troops

AT

wynnefootballfan

1. Wynne
2. PA
3. Morrilton
4. Alma
5. Blytheville
6. Sylvan Hills
7. Greenbrier
8. Batesville
9. White Hall
10. Watson Chapel

Devil Dog 17

1. PA
2. Morrilton
3. Wynne
4. Alma
5. Batesville
6. Blythsville
7. McClellan
8 Sylvan Hills
9. Greenbrier
10. Sylvan Hills

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Devil Dog 17 on October 05, 2016, 12:36:34 pm
1. PA
2. Morrilton
3. Wynne
4. Alma
5. Batesville
6. Blythsville
7. McClellan
8 Sylvan Hills
9. Greenbrier
10. Sylvan Hills
Sylvan Hills #8 and #10? ??? Both are way too low IMO...

The Future

Funny enough, he also had Sylvan Hills on the outside lookin in.

the voice

proud_dad

1. Wynne
2. PA
3. Morrilton
4. Sylvan Hills
5. Batesville
6. Alma
7. Blytheville
8. White Hall
9. McClellan
10. Forrest City

MDXPHD

October 05, 2016, 06:48:18 pm #36 Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 06:52:18 pm by MDXPHD
1. PA
2. Wynne

3. Alma
4. Sylvan Hills
5. Blytheville
6. White Hall
7. Batesville
8. Watson Chapel
9.  Greenbrier
10. Lakeside

I had to adjust mine. I can't have an 0-5 Morrilton team in my top ten.

You may just do a top 9 and strike them from everyone's polls

AT

the voice

Do what is needed, they are the same team , the player wouldn't affect those games or these.

MDXPHD

Quote from: the voice on October 05, 2016, 07:03:19 pm
Do what is needed, they are the same team , the player wouldn't affect those games or these.

I understand. Definitely a top 5 team, just unfortunate circumstances at the time.

AT

Quote from: the voice on October 05, 2016, 07:03:19 pm

Well it does affect those games, though. It makes Morrilton 0-2 in conference and having a tough game this Friday. It changes a lot of things.

AT

What I'll do for now is count the votes like they are and let everyone adjust next week.

the voice

If folks want to take Morrilton out the polls I completely understand. It's not like this was the QB or RB or defensive stud. The season isn't over and it make affect seeding in playoffs,  if they are a 3rd or 4th seed , I doubt anyone will be excited to play a 5-5 Morrilton team.

AT

Quote from: the voice on October 05, 2016, 07:41:32 pm
If folks want to take Morrilton out the polls I completely understand. It's not like this was the QB or RB or defensive stud. The season isn't over and it make affect seeding in playoffs,  if they are a 3rd or 4th seed , I doubt anyone will be excited to play a 5-5 Morrilton team.

Agreed. This is bad for top East teams.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Almatrackster on October 05, 2016, 07:43:22 pm
Agreed. This is bad for top East teams.

Wynne would be happy to host Morrilton I bet. It would be a tough draw for both teams. I still think Morrilton gets the 2 seed. But, if Greenbrier has 2losses, they would hold the tiebreaker. It's really just a bad deal for a team that's worked so hard to get to this point.

PA Dad

Trackster, if you haven't already tallied the votes, please note that I just edited my poll.

AT

Starting the tally now, actually. Will count the votes as they are as of 8:07 PM Central.

AT

By the way, I did not count Devil Dog 17's poll as he had Sylvan Hills in it twice, and I didn't know who he meant to put in there.

sportsguy80

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 05, 2016, 07:05:06 pm
I understand. Definitely a top 5 team, just unfortunate circumstances at the time.
Agree regardless of record.

MDXPHD

Quote from: sportsguy80 on October 05, 2016, 10:19:11 pm
Agree regardless of record.

I can't put an 0-5 team in the top 10. They win vs Alma, they may make my top 10. It doesn't matter really, because come playoffs, they will get back up there I believe. It depends on how they respond to this. It could either motivate them or demoralize them.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas