• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Batesville at Paragould

Started by The_Pioneer, September 26, 2016, 06:33:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Pioneer

I feel sorry for Paragould.  No one ever starts threads about them till their annual pillow fight with GCT to end the season.  Is this the game Batesville finally figures out how to stop another offense?

MynameisJeff

Grond

Very likely it is going to be a tough Homecoming night for Paragould.

Batesville has a fantastic football program, and is consistently one of the best 5A teams in the state. They certainly have a lot to be proud of; and it is a respect that has been earned, not 'handed out'.

Football, and sports, are part of our educational process because they teach us things that can't be learned in a classroom. One of those things is: you can work hard, and do everything right, and still NOT win. And you learn to COMPETE.

In every football conference in Arkansas, there is a Batesville and a Paragould. For somebody to win, someone has to lose. I am very proud of the effort put forth by the Paragould team. If they are down 40 points, and still chose to compete, then I will sit in those stands and cheer for them.

I also appreciate the sportsmanship shown by Batesville. There have been some times when they could have put 100 points on the scoreboard, and chose to send in the 2nd string.

And I have also seen nights when Paragould put up a good fight. In 2014, we beat Batesville everywhere but the scoreboard.............but that is what counts.

The great thing about football is that, even if Batesville is likely to win, we get to make them come out on the field and PROVE it. And someday, we just might prove them wrong.

GO RAMS!!!

PA Dad

Quote from: Grond on September 26, 2016, 09:56:06 pm

Batesville has a fantastic football program, and is consistently one of the best 5A teams in the state. They certainly have a lot to be proud of; and it is a respect that has been earned, not 'handed out'.

Football, and sports, are part of our educational process because they teach us things that can't be learned in a classroom. One of those things is: you can work hard, and do everything right, and still NOT win. And you learn to COMPETE.

In every football conference in Arkansas, there is a Batesville and a Paragould. For somebody to win, someone has to lose. I am very proud of the effort put forth by the Paragould team. If they are down 40 points, and still chose to compete, then I will sit in those stands and cheer for them.

I also appreciate the sportsmanship shown by Batesville. There have been some times when they could have put 100 points on the scoreboard, and chose to send in the 2nd string.

And I have also seen nights when Paragould put up a good fight. In 2014, we beat Batesville everywhere but the scoreboard.............but that is what counts.

The great thing about football is that, even if Batesville is likely to win, we get to make them come out on the field and PROVE it. And someday, we just might prove them wrong.

GO RAMS!!!

Well said .  +1.

Lumberjackfan1978

GO RAMS!!!
you are so right

Rocko1493

I agree with what was said by Lumberjack.  You nailed it.  As far a Paragould chances against Batesville it is better than you think.  Batesville has been stricken with injuries.  They have lost several starters on both sides of the ball.  It is a reason Batesville has both turned the ball over and given up more points and yards than we are accustom to seeing.  I think it may be a closer game than you think.

Wildcat

Batesville by a long shot. Paragould just doesn't have what it takes to beat at team like Batesville. Cant Believe they would pick homecoming night to be against batesville. think they would choose an easier team to play

bigchief72455

Quote from: Wildcat on September 27, 2016, 03:03:26 pm
Batesville by a long shot. Paragould just doesn't have what it takes to beat at team like Batesville. Cant Believe they would pick homecoming night to be against batesville. think they would choose an easier team to play
They only had 3 home games this conference season. Batesville,Wynne,and GCT. GCT will never be a homecoming game.

Pioneerman68

GO RAMS!!!
Very well said.

GuvHog

Quote from: bigchief72455 on September 27, 2016, 03:23:40 pm
They only had 3 home games this conference season. Batesville,Wynne,and GCT. GCT will never be a homecoming game.

Agreed. That GCT-Paragould rivalry is big but it's not as big as the Basketball Rivalry was between those schools back in the 70's. Man some of the stuff we used to pull when GCT had a home game against Paragould was unbelievable! (GCT class of '75  ;D)

bigchief72455

Quote from: GuvHog on September 28, 2016, 01:41:15 pm
Agreed. That GCT-Paragould rivalry is big but it's not as big as the Basketball Rivalry was between those schools back in the 70's. Man some of the stuff we used to pull when GCT had a home game against Paragould was unbelievable! (GCT class of '75  ;D)
I have heard some of those tales. My uncle graduated Paragould in '76. The 80's football rivalry was really good as well.

GuvHog

Quote from: bigchief72455 on September 28, 2016, 04:07:24 pm
I have heard some of those tales. My uncle graduated Paragould in '76. The 80's football rivalry was really good as well.

I was part of one of the first marching bands in Tech History and My younger brother played on the very first GCT Jr. High football team. My dad was GCT's first football Booster Club President. Those were the days!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas