• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

will Wynne run the table?

Started by Overdahill, September 26, 2016, 08:22:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Overdahill

With the Wynne faithful remaining low key to date despite a very strong showing by their team,  it is time for someone else to ask the toxic "run the table question" :D

Chief_Osceola™

September 26, 2016, 08:45:02 am #1 Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 06:27:30 pm by Chief_Osceola™
Yes I think they will (regular season anyway).  I haven't seen how the bracket looks, but I expect Wynne, PA, and Morrilton to be in the semifinals if they don't have to play each other before that.  They seem to have separated themselves as the top 3 teams. 

wynnefootballfan

Still a lot of football to play. Bad bounces, injuries, how the brackets fall out. You just really dont know. I think they have a better chance to do it than anyone else in 5A.

justalionfan

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on September 26, 2016, 08:45:02 am
Yes I think they will.  I haven't seen how the bracket looks, but I expect Wynne, PA, and Morrilton to be in the semifinals if they don't have to play each other before that.  They seem to have separated themselves as the top 3 teams.

HERE'S THE BRACKET
http://www.maxpreps.com/tournament/BOrL7FJtEea-8KA2nzwbTA/BOrMM1JtEea-8KA2nzwbTA/football-fall-16/2016-centennial-bank-state-football-playoffs--2016-5a-football-state-bracket--.htm

MynameisJeff

Grond

"Running the Table" - Can mean going undefeated, or it can mean winning 5A East, and/or winning 5A.

Wynne looked good, but there were also flaws:
- ran to one side (left) too much.
- passing game is questionable (it might be great; haven't seen it)
- flexbone offense limits play selection
- defense had trouble with pass.
- curious how defense will react to under-center QB offense. (probably good, since they practice against flexbone; haven't seen it.)

BATESVILLE
Even when Wynne has more talent, Batesville seems to be able to put together a game plan that can exploit the flaws.

I find myself WANTING Wynne to "run the table", but I can't quite talk myself into believing it. Good luck, Delta Swarm.

justalionfan

September 26, 2016, 03:49:50 pm #6 Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 03:57:36 pm by justajacketfan
Quote from: Grond on September 26, 2016, 03:20:59 pm
"Running the Table" - Can mean going undefeated, or it can mean winning 5A East, and/or winning 5A.

Wynne looked good, but there were also flaws:
- ran to one side (left) too much.
- passing game is questionable (it might be great; haven't seen it)
- flexbone offense limits play selection
- defense had trouble with pass.
- curious how defense will react to under-center QB offense. (probably good, since they practice against flexbone; haven't seen it.)

BATESVILLE
Even when Wynne has more talent, Batesville seems to be able to put together a game plan that can exploit the flaws.

I find myself WANTING Wynne to "run the table", but I can't quite talk myself into believing it. Good luck, Delta Swarm.

You keep mentioning that wynne run to the left to many times. you realize that the game plan changes each week based on who the opponent is? Chris saw something in the films that showed Blytheville right side defense was weaker. Also the general (Coach Campbell) ran the same play before in a game 13 times in a roll, of which i know all of us Wynne Folks knows the play as 27 Trap. is that a flaw or is it the fact that the defense couldn't stop that play so why change the play. if you go back and look at the film, the blytheville game is the only time wynne has ran it that much to the left.

BTW.... I do enjoy reading your analyst of the games. keep up the hard work

FD4

I touted pre season that Wynne was going to run the table, not on here but around the station house and elsewhere, meaning an undefeated regular season.  Playoffs are different.  You expect to be a bit chipped up and dinged up by then.  Still, CCH has not shown anything of his entire hand yet out of the playbook.  If what your doing is working, stay with it.  Until someone can prove they can stop a good blast, you keep on hammering it inside.

Grond

Quote from: justajacketfan on September 26, 2016, 03:49:50 pm
You keep mentioning that wynne run to the left to many times. you realize that the game plan changes each week based on who the opponent is? Chris saw something in the films that showed Blytheville right side defense was weaker. Also the general (Coach Campbell) ran the same play before in a game 13 times in a roll, of which i know all of us Wynne Folks knows the play as 27 Trap. is that a flaw or is it the fact that the defense couldn't stop that play so why change the play. if you go back and look at the film, the blytheville game is the only time wynne has ran it that much to the left.

BTW.... I do enjoy reading your analyst of the games. keep up the hard work

Wynne DID try running to the right, but was less successful (especially in the first half). Blytheville did force the Wynne punter on to the field a few times.

I see Batesville lining up in a 4-3 defense, with the line shifted slightly to the right (Wynne left), as well as linebackers shifted to the right a half-step. Batesville is going to DARE Wynne to run right or pass.

Batesville is the "New England Patriots" of the 5A East. Seems like no matter what they have, they are good (a nod to their coaches). I have a great deal of respect for their football program.........I just want them to get beat.  :P

[I am a Paragould fan, and an Auburn fan. So, I deal with a lot of inner frustration.  :-[  But I never give up.]

The_Pioneer

Wynne is undefeatable this year. 

Overdahill

Quote from: The_Pioneer on September 26, 2016, 06:31:22 pm
Wynne is undefeatable this year.

Maybe they can make a deal to retool those state rings that Alma ordered a little too early ;D

Hoghead2

Yes ! Crown them 5A East Champs. 1 seed Wynne awaits the playoffs.

FD4

Anyone can slip up at any time.  There is such a thing as having an off night.  The district is still pretty tough overall this year.  Batesville is as Batesville does, their just not as seemingly dominant this season, Nettleton is there in the hunt playing some good ball, Blytheville is still one of the most dangerous 2/2 teams in the East, but there is no reason nor excuse for Wynne not to win the district this season. 

lizard1989

Good luck to the Wynne players and coaches! One of which is very close to my heart! (Coach, that is)

AT

I'm trying to figure out where the narrative about Alma was a shoe in to win state came from.

MoTownDog

Better watch out for the Devil Dogs this year!  Their next couple of games may surprise some people.   

Go Postal

Quote from: Overdahill on September 26, 2016, 09:40:01 pm
Maybe they can make a deal to retool those state rings that Alma ordered a little too early ;D
Quote from: Almatrackster on September 30, 2016, 01:24:14 pm
I'm trying to figure out where the narrative about Alma was a shoe in to win state came from.
Hilarious.  I am so glad that the 'Dales are back.  ;D

Youngsta71701

jacketsnum1fam

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 30, 2016, 03:47:03 pm
Yep, until they run into PA.
We take every week game by game. If we meet PA, then so be it. They aren't worried about them at all at this point. They're concerned about Conference play. PA is later. You can ask any one of the boys, they focus on the game the coming up week.

Grond

Wynne may be a whole lot better than I gave them credit for......  :-\

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas