• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maumelle at Vilonia

Started by sevenof400, September 25, 2016, 09:56:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

This is absolutely a must win game if Vilonia is to have any hope of making the playoffs this year.  Should Vilonia lose and drop to 0-2, the Eagles would need to find four wins from the last five games and their three hardest games would be on the road. 

Given their schedule, Maumelle has a (slightly) better chance of surviving a loss and still make the playoffs given that both Morrilton and Alma are home games for Maumelle.

Even with the above considered, neither team wants that 0-2 conference start. 

Chief_Osceola™

Does Vilonia run the ball well?  How big are they up front?  The reason I ask is because Maumelle's defense is young and undersized, therefore we have trouble stopping the run at times.  Offensively, we are small up front, but have a lot of speed at the skill positions as usual.  We don't really have the ability to utilize a vertical passing game, so we do a lot of short routes, bubble screens, flares, jet sweeps, etc. to get the ball to our playmakers quickly in space.  It's a typical Maumelle offense.  We will probably break a few big plays, and will likely have a score from 40+ yards out, whether it be a kick return or someone getting loose at the second level.  We've had at least one of those every week.  If we do have to throw deep, it's usually a jump ball situation to one of our 2 6'3" receivers.

That's about it for us.  I expect a good game a lot like last year.  Hopefully it will also have the same result.  ;)

AIREDALE25

Birdsflyhigh

Chief looks like some great weather for football Friday.  I look for this to be a great game and the one with fewest mistakes wins it. Good Luck

VHSCoach2

Numerous penalties from both teams in the first half. A defensive slugfest until Vilonia made a drive right before halftime and capitalized.

7-0 V at half.

VHSCoach2

And it ends 7-0 in favor of the Eagles.

Second half had a much similar script to the first.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas