• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Comments on week 4

Started by PA Dad, September 23, 2016, 10:39:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

White Hall is 4-0. Maybe they haven't played a quality team, but undefeated is impressive.  Are they the best in the South?

And speaking of the South, what the heck has happened to CF, LS, and Hope?

Morrilton, at this point, looks to be the best in the West and a real threat to be in WMS in December.  The game with Alma should be a dandy.

What a win by Wynne!  From the score, and that's all I have to go on, they dominated Blytheville.  They seem to be best in the East, but we all know Batesville improves every game every year.

I'm not sure what to think of Sylvan Hill's impressive win over McClellan.  It may mean that SH is for real, or it may mean that LRM is just not as good as I thought.

I do think that the top 5-6 teams are establishing themselves.

AirWarren

Watson chapel had an impressive comeback after the warren game.

MDXPHD

Watson Chapel is the top in the South I think, then White Hall.

As I said in my rankings last week, PA, Wynne and Morrilton are the top three teams in 5A and I don't think anyone else is close. Alma at 4 and then the rest are all pretty far back. I just don't know much about Alma and still giving them some bonus points for their competition the last few years.

AirWarren

How good is Sylvan hills? Seems to be rolling right now.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 23, 2016, 10:43:12 pm
Watson Chapel is the top in the South I think, then White Hall.

As I said in my rankings last week, PA, Wynne and Morrilton are the top three teams in 5A and I don't think anyone else is close. Alma at 4 and then the rest are all pretty far back. I just don't know much about Alma and still giving them some bonus points for their competition the last few years.

I agree that WC is probably best in the South, but I think White Hall's turnaround is impressive.  It will be interesting to see what they do against a quality opponent.

I don't know what to think about Alma.  Their losses have been to quality opponents.  But I think that Morrilton is probably the only team in the West who might beat them.

PA Dad

Quote from: AirWarren on September 23, 2016, 10:47:17 pm
How good is Sylvan hills? Seems to be rolling right now.

I don't think we know.  They had a good win over Catholic but then struggled against Lakeside.  The win tonight may be an indication that they are very good.

AirWarren

Quote from: PA Dad on September 23, 2016, 10:50:47 pm
I don't think we know.  They had a good win over Catholic but then struggled against Lakeside.  The win tonight may be an indication that they are very good.

That quarterback they have is some kind of athlete.

MDXPHD

Quote from: AirWarren on September 23, 2016, 10:51:39 pm
That quarterback they have is some kind of athlete.

good enough to get second place in the central I think.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 23, 2016, 10:52:32 pm
good enough to get second place in the central I think.

That may be right.  I still think LRCA and LRM are in that mix.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: PA Dad on September 23, 2016, 10:50:47 pm

I'm a big fan of Coach Withrow, both on and off the field.

AirWarren

Quote from: PA Dad on September 23, 2016, 10:54:03 pm
That may be right.  I still think LRCA and LRM are in that mix.

What was the LRCA score? Who did they play?

PA Dad

AirWarren

LRCA has some good looking athletes. Not sure why they started slow.

pantherblue

Greenbrier had a good win on the road at Maumelle tonight. I wouldn't count them out of the hunt in the West.

the voice

Quote from: pantherblue on September 23, 2016, 11:16:39 pm
Greenbrier had a good win on the road at Maumelle tonight. I wouldn't count them out of the hunt in the West.

😎

PA Dad

Quote from: pantherblue on September 23, 2016, 11:16:39 pm

Where the heck have you been Panther Blue?  I've missed your posts.  At this point, I'm counting very few teams out.  I'm just handicapping based on what I know to date.

pantherblue

Busy at work and doing a lot of traveling around the state as well as a week in Wisconsin on business. Boating and golfing have taken precedence.  About time to go to a football game though.  I miss them.

PA Dad

Quote from: pantherblue on September 23, 2016, 11:22:42 pm
Busy at work and doing a lot of traveling around the state as well as a week in Wisconsin on business. Boating and golfing have taken precedence.  About time to go to a football game though.  I miss them.

Boating and golfing?  That sounds tough.  You need to slow down.

pantherblue

There will be plenty of time to slow down. Ha!

GuvHog

Quote from: AirWarren on September 23, 2016, 10:40:32 pm
Watson chapel had an impressive comeback after the warren game.

That was the best game WC has played thus far and really the first time that they played well for the whole game. Hot Springs managed to score 2 TD's late against WC's sophomores but would not have scored against the starters. All of WC's starters on both sides were pulled after WC scored their last TD to go up 42-0 early in the 3rd Quarter.

Rocket23

Quote from: AirWarren on September 23, 2016, 11:08:49 pm
LRCA has some good looking athletes. Not sure why they started slow.

They are real young.  Lost 25 (?) seniors off last year's team and only have 12 or so in this class.  Offense hasn't really been a problem this year, but defense has.  Last night Beebe's offense allowed LRCA to just pack everyone up in the box, and except for a few plays, they shut Beebe's offense down.  Beebe is zero threat to pass and that played into the Warrriors' hands.

LRCA killed themselves a few times with untimely penalties both on offense and defense.

#4 for Beebe's is a sophomore rb and is going to be a great player.  He had several nice long runs from scrimmage and kick returns.

GhostofRosswoodCC

White Hall 4 Games
4 mercy rules
Enough said/   Last 2 games starters have been kissing girls/ taking selfies / eating skittles after halftime.

The Buzz and other T.V. stations have realized     They will all be in White Hall next Friday

MDXPHD

Quote from: GhostofRosswoodCC on September 24, 2016, 09:14:02 am
White Hall 4 Games
4 mercy rules
Enough said/   Last 2 games starters have been kissing girls/ taking selfies / eating skittles after halftime.

The Buzz and other T.V. stations have realized     They will all be in White Hall next Friday

This happens every year. The South has a good team relative to the competition in their conference then they get put out when they play someone good in the playoffs. I doubt White Hall even wins conference.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 24, 2016, 10:52:32 am
This happens every year. The South has a good team relative to the competition in their conference then they get put out when they play someone good in the playoffs. I doubt White Hall even wins conference.

The White Hall dominance defined:  4-0 record.  Just beat Magnolia whose only win is against a winless Crossett.  WH beats aforementioned winless Crossett.  Stepped up to 6A and defeated Sheridan whose only win is against a 2A team.  Played down to 4A and beat Dumas, which the only loss Dumas has suffered.

Yes they are domineering and the Ghost is back!!!!!!  Only going to get more interesting.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 24, 2016, 11:56:45 am
The White Hall dominance defined:  4-0 record.  Just beat Magnolia whose only win is against a winless Crossett.  WH beats aforementioned winless Crossett.  Stepped up to 6A and defeated Sheridan whose only win is against a 2A team.  Played down to 4A and beat Dumas, which the only loss Dumas has suffered.

Yes they are domineering and the Ghost is back!!!!!!  Only going to get more interesting.

Hey, that's as good as Sylvan Hills!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas