• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DQ vs Hope

Started by Arkansas8, September 21, 2016, 09:56:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkansas8

Dalegribble

Hope's oline and dline are down this year.Not sure Stubber has to time to pick secondary's apart.  Hope lost a talented player last week and had some kids kicked off.  Dequeen may get their first conference win over hope.

JackofallTrades

Should be a good one..DQ in a close one

KREWSAWHEWSKI

Tough to call.  Might have to go with nothing more than home field advantage.

DQ-  22
Hope- 18

GuvHog

Quote from: KREWSAWHEWSKI on September 23, 2016, 01:53:22 pm
Tough to call.  Might have to go with nothing more than home field advantage.

DQ-  22
Hope- 18

Ouch! If Hope loses that one they might go 0-10 and that won't go over very well in the land of the Bobcats.

Wahls

De Queen - 35
Hope - 7

Final.

De Queen playing good football the last two games.

RabidWolf

Hope is a shell of the team they've had. Vs prescott they looked like didn't really want to be there. Hate that a talented kid like the qb has to play his SR year on a team like that.

strongandsteady

Might as well transferred

RabidWolf

That'd be tough when his dad is their DC

SCRAPYARD

Quote from: RabidWolf on September 23, 2016, 11:10:50 pm
Time for a change in Hope, they should clean house and start over.

RabidWolf

The cupboard is pretty bare. But a change might be what they need.

Dalegribble

Quote from: RabidWolf on September 23, 2016, 11:10:50 pm
his dad is the wr coach

RabidWolf

Hoghead2

Change in Hope ? Nope. Coach Turley is fine. This team has had some issues.  It will work itself out. Going into the season most knew the defense would be questionable.  The offense had talent in the skilled spots. The O line was a point of concern.  Bobcats will regroup and play out the season.  Congrats to DeQueen,  they deserved to win. They hadn't beat Hope ever since moving to 5A. They hadn't beat Hope since 1966 prior until tonight.

GuvHog

Quote from: Hoghead2 on September 24, 2016, 03:42:57 am
Change in Hope ? Nope. Coach Turley is fine. This team has had some issues.  It will work itself out. Going into the season most knew the defense would be questionable.  The offense had talent in the skilled spots. The O line was a point of concern.  Bobcats will regroup and play out the season.  Congrats to DeQueen,  they deserved to win. They hadn't beat Hope ever since moving to 5A. They hadn't beat Hope since 1966 prior until tonight.

There have to be some serious issues on that Hope team. Going from where they were last year to getting almost mercy ruled by De Queen is a massive drop.

Sportscaster

September 24, 2016, 08:47:16 am #15 Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 08:49:36 am by Sportscaster
DQ has a lot of talent on their team. They are a team to watch this year.

GuvHog

Quote from: Sportscaster on September 24, 2016, 08:47:16 am
DQ has a lot of talent on their team. They are a team to watch this year.

They are playing at Watson Chapel next week which will be a big challenge for them.

Leopard

Quote from: GuvHog on September 24, 2016, 09:03:44 am
They are playing at Watson Chapel next week which will be a big challenge for them.
How is chapel looking this year?

Sportscaster

September 24, 2016, 10:16:57 am #18 Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 10:23:55 am by Sportscaster
Quote from: GuvHog on September 24, 2016, 09:03:44 am

You don't ever seem to have anything good to say about DQ. I agree WC will be a challenge. One I think DQ is ready for.

Dalegribble

Watson chapel ain't Hope, WC by 20

Hoghead2

Quote from: GuvHog on September 24, 2016, 07:43:49 am
There have to be some serious issues on that Hope team. Going from where they were last year to getting almost mercy ruled by De Queen is a massive drop.
Low numbers this year. Hope only dressed 42 players this year. There's some issues that I won't discuss. The team and staff will press forward. I  have full confidence in Coach Turley even if they go 0-10 he will get the Cats back on line for another 5A South Title and playoff run. White Hall was in this spot last year. Look at them now. Hope will be ok. Seasons like this come along, ask Wynne.

Wahls

Quote from: Hoghead2 on September 24, 2016, 12:55:18 pm
Low numbers this year. Hope only dressed 42 players this year.

More than De Queen.

Quote from: Hoghead2 on September 24, 2016, 03:42:57 amThey hadn't beat Hope ever since moving to 5A. They hadn't beat Hope since 1966 prior until tonight.

They had 3 straight losses to Hope. I can tell you they didn't play each other from 98-12, so between 66 and 98, when did they play, if ever?

Hoghead2

September 26, 2016, 03:38:25 am #22 Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 03:44:46 am by Hoghead2
Quote from: Wahls on September 25, 2016, 09:48:59 pm
More than De Queen.

They had 3 straight losses to Hope. I can tell you they didn't play each other from 98-12, so between 66 and 98, when did they play, if ever?

I concur, but DeQueen and Hope were regular foes until the 70's. Hope didn't lose much to DeQueen back then. Yes, between 1970 and 2012 they never met. But I'm correct on DQ'S last win until Friday was 50 years ago. Hope last played DeQueen prior to them becoming a 5A member in a 36-6 win in 1969. Congrats on the win and make the playoffs.

Wahls

Quote from: Hoghead2 on September 26, 2016, 03:38:25 am
I concur, but DeQueen and Hope were regular foes until the 70's. Hope didn't lose much to DeQueen back then. Yes, between 1970 and 2012 they never met. But I'm correct on DQ'S last win until Friday was 50 years ago. Hope last played DeQueen prior to them becoming a 5A member in a 36-6 win in 1969. Congrats on the win and make the playoffs.

Today I learned. Thanks.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas