• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Camden Fairview vs Lakeside

Started by Youngsta71701, September 20, 2016, 03:44:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngsta71701

After an embarrassing showing in last years game will the Cardinals get back at Lakeside or will the Rams win two in a row versus the Cards?

Thought and Predictions.

that1guy2110

I like our chances if we dont turn the ball over on our first 5 possessions. I believe we could easily be sitting 3-0 as we are 1-2 even tho the eldo score doesbt show it.  Ill go 35-34 cf

PA Dad

Lakeside seems way down this year.  CF should win this game.

Overdahill

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 20, 2016, 03:44:24 pm
After an embarrassing showing in last years game will the Cardinals get back at Lakeside or will the Rams win two in a row versus the Cards?

Thought and Predictions.

I couldn't even believe what I saw last year. I hope the Cards rebound

The A-Team

If we get our line to block, DB's and LB's step up the Cardinals should win.

RamFan06

Lakeside could win this game or lose this game easily on their own. It depends on what team shows up. The second string last week put up 20+ points and 300 or so yards against Malverns 1st D in the 2nd half after the 1st team got pulled at halftime. This team has the talent but needs to get motivated and find a leader. If they do that, they could win out in the obviously down 5A South. If they dont, well we know what happens then.

Youngsta71701

September 21, 2016, 09:20:13 am #6 Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 09:22:03 am by Youngsta71701
So far turnovers and dropped passes have hurt us in our two losses. If we can shore up those two things I think we'll be hard to beat.

Cardinalboi07

I hope the Cards are watching last years tape over and over again. I think the drops and hand off bobbles and turnovers come from the players making the game to complicated. have fun, play loose and play mad and we win. 30 - 12 >:(

GuvHog

Two teams that are hard to read right now. The game however, is being played at CF so I'll give CF a slight edge in what should be a very close game.

KREWSAWHEWSKI

Maynard G Krebs

Overdahill

Ouachita River  - 42
Lake Ouachita   - 21

The A-Team

I think CF you have missed the target again. This game should not have went like this. CF put up 52 and lost. Play calling is suspect and defensive scheme is terrible. I think they played this game without linebackers.

Maynard G Krebs

This one may be my biggest surprise of the week

LS80

We played a very tough non-conf schedule.. We start 5 soph and our sr qb is out..  Our soph qb started last night making it a total of 6 soph starting last night..

RamFan06

Great game by that SOPH QB also. His first true start, 254 yds passing. Our SR RB goes for 220 yds on the ground. If LS can fix their D they will be dangerous.

The A-Team

Quote from: LS80 on September 24, 2016, 06:59:24 am
We played a very tough non-conf schedule.. We start 5 soph and our sr qb is out..  Our soph qb started last night making it a total of 6 soph starting last night..
With that said, that let me further know that CF was out coached, as usual!

PapaHog

How tall is 18? Throw the kid the ball!!

RamFan06

They have him listed at 6'8" but i think more like 6'5". Their qb was having trouble getting him the ball accurately. If FV had a qb with an arm they would be dangerous. No passing threat really at this point.

The A-Team

They have a 6'0 or 6'1 Freshman on the sidelines. I wasn't there but I heard last night he there a 50 yard TD in their JV game on Monday. And he's big and can run the ball. But, the QB didn't lose it. They had 52 points.

The A-Team

Quote from: The A-Team on September 24, 2016, 01:35:38 pm
They have a 6'0 or 6'1 Freshman on the sidelines. I wasn't there but I heard last night he there a 50 yard TD in their JV game on Monday. And he's big and can run the ball. But, the QB didn't lose it. They had 52 points.
Sorry I meant he's a sophomore.

RamFan06

I didnt mean to imply the qb lost it, he didnt. He had 220+ yrds passing, but with a running game like they have, abt 400 roral rushing yards, an effective passing game would make them scary.

The A-Team

Quote from: RamFan06 on September 24, 2016, 03:12:57 pm
I didnt mean to imply the qb lost it, he didnt. He had 220+ yrds passing, but with a running game like they have, abt 400 roral rushing yards, an effective passing game would make them scary.
I agree

Youngsta71701

This lost was on the defense not the QB. We put up 52 point and lost. Enough said. Our defensive scheme is still to soft not nearly aggressive enough. If you know that your team is smaller than most teams you play and the other team is good at running the ball but just ok at passing it you put at least 8 in the box and make them pass the ball 50 times to be you. Get out of your soft 4-3 and switch to an aggressive 4-4 or 5-3 defense. If plan A's not working go to plan B and so on.

Youngsta71701

The best and most aggressive defenses we had was when Coach Burnett was the DC. How hard is it to go back, look at film of his defenses and mimic what they were doing. Shouldn't be hard at all. But then again when pride comes into play I guess it can be hard. I know most coaches are stubborn, bullheaded, and want to do things their way even if it's not working. Don't know if this coach or DC is like that but something has to change or we will continue to get the ball ran right down our throats. Just saying...

Youngsta71701

September 26, 2016, 07:00:56 am #25 Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 07:10:39 am by Youngsta71701
The coaches have to make the adjustment. If you see your team is having a hard time stopping the run because the opponent is so much bigger than them then load the box and make the other team pass it. A 4-4 or 5-3 is the perfect scheme against running teams if you put the linebackers in the right place. OLB's on the outside shoulder of the OT's or halfway between the slot and the tackle. ILB's lined up behind the DL across from the guards then read and react or run blitz the gaps. Whatever their assignment is. If they still can't stop it then from that point on it's on the players the coaches have done their part. But like I always say it starts with the coaches making the necessary adjustments and putting the players in the best position to succeed. Clearly that didn't happen against Lakeside.

Cardinalboi07

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 26, 2016, 07:00:56 am
The coaches have to make the adjustment. If you see your team is having a hard time stopping the run because the opponent is so much bigger than them then load the box and make the other team pass it. A 4-4 or 5-3 is the perfect scheme against running teams if you put the linebackers in the right place. OLB's on the outside shoulder of the OT's or halfway between the slot and the tackle. ILB's lined up behind the DL across from the guards then read and react or run blitz the gaps. Whatever their assignment is. If they still can't stop it then from that point on it's on the players the coaches have done their part. But like I always say it starts with the coaches making the necessary adjustments and putting the players in the best position to succeed. Clearly that didn't happen against Lakeside.
LS just knew their jobs. #35 gashed us. They knew how to make the plays when they needed them and they manipulated that clock so well on that last drive. After keeping Texarkana in check a couple weeks ago I was really starting to think the defense was going to be a big plus for us this year. Maybe they were tired, Idk. We still had a couple of shots to go up by two scores but squandered them. I still havent seen a game when CF has put it all together, but when (not if) they do, I think it could make some noise. White Hall is a lot further along than I thought they would be so this Friday will be a tough one.

Youngsta71701

We're not going to be as good as we can be until we tighten up and become more aggressive on defense. The years we were dominant on defense were the years we were an ultra aggressive, play down hill, but still be discipline defense. We still have plenty of team speed as always.

that1guy2110

Lol I was wondering how long it would take for the high school coaching gurus of the camden bleachers to show their colors. Since yall know so much how bout you call the high school and set up an appointment and put some of this talk into action Haha.

The A-Team

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 26, 2016, 01:10:30 pm
We're not going to be as good as we can be until we tighten up and become more aggressive on defense. The years we were dominant on defense were the years we were an ultra aggressive, play down hill, but still be discipline defense. We still have plenty of team speed as always.
i I agree with you. Their defense isn't aggressive at all. When your MLB is back peddling at the snap of the ball and avoiding blocks that's not aggressive. That's not bleacher coaching it's calling it like I see it. If you play an entire half and get thrashed by an average RB and not make one adjustment then yes it's questionable.

Randy

The Cox 3 are gone....what's the problem now?

PapaHog

Youngsta doesn't like any coach, does he? Your vaunted "bear defense," isn't such the run stopper you think. Anything off tackle would kill that, but of course you knew that didn't you? Seeing as to how you're such the coaching guru.

The A-Team

Quote from: Randy on September 27, 2016, 07:39:18 am
Yes they are but the results of that peewee weight program they had isn't gone. That'll take another year.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: PapaHog on September 27, 2016, 07:45:07 am
Youngsta doesn't like any coach, does he? Your vaunted "bear defense," isn't such the run stopper you think. Anything off tackle would kill that, but of course you knew that didn't you? Seeing as to how you're such the coaching guru.
Was it killing us when we were pitching shut outs? Was it killing us when we were winning 10 games every year? Was it killing us when we were winning conference championships every year? Was it killing us when we were at least going to the semi's almost every year? Was it killing us when the only team in the 5A that posed a threat to us was Greenwood? And you see what they are still doing. And one more question. Did it kill us in 2012 when we won the state championship? Answers please. I would love to hear how dumb some of them are going to be.

Youngsta71701

September 27, 2016, 10:10:35 am #34 Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 11:22:51 am by Youngsta71701
Quote from: that1guy2110 on September 26, 2016, 05:59:37 pm
Lol I was wondering how long it would take for the high school coaching gurus of the camden bleachers to show their colors. Since yall know so much how bout you call the high school and set up an appointment and put some of this talk into action Haha.
I wouldn't mind lol...Look at my personal text. "Youngsta for Camden Fairview DC" I believe in an aggressive make you earn everything you get defense. I just can't get with this soft don't want to be dominate stuff. Sorry...In other words bend but don't break. If you keep bending eventually your going to break.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: PapaHog on September 27, 2016, 07:45:07 am
I used to love Coach James, Coach Hooks, and Coach Burnett and their philosophies on offense and defense. Anything else?

Youngsta71701

Offense putting up points. Defense still playing too soft. That's the problem.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: The A-Team on September 27, 2016, 09:44:39 am
Yes they are but the results of that peewee weight program they had isn't gone. That'll take another year.
+1, good one! And they said Buck James weight program didn't work. Too funny. He had guys that were 150 pounds bench pressing  300+ and squatting 500+. But his weight program didn't work. Come on man. I tell you what. Pride is a dangerous thing.

PapaHog

Pretty simple, Youngsta. You need more than X's and O's to win. Not the same talent on these teams. Can you argue that?

that1guy2110

Jimmys and joes make a difference. Those teams buck had were loaded with talent. Still talent in camden dont get me wrong. Just not near as much

Youngsta71701

September 27, 2016, 12:10:30 pm #40 Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 02:31:13 pm by Youngsta71701
Quote from: PapaHog on September 27, 2016, 11:40:01 am
Pretty simple, Youngsta. You need more than X's and O's to win. Not the same talent on these teams. Can you argue that?
I agree we don't have as much talent as some of those years. That's where good coaching and good coaching philosophies come into play. But let's not act like we were loaded with talent every one of those years. The 2009 team that made it to the championship game didn't have a whole lot of talent but they played as a team. That was the year when Chase Foster got hurt and Brandon Keaton took over at QB. The juniors on that team didn't win a game in Junior High but they were good enough to make it to the championship game by their senior year. That's called coaching and developing.

Redbird88

And unfortunately two of them are ruining an athletic program as we speak😏

Youngsta71701

September 27, 2016, 12:34:46 pm #42 Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 12:36:55 pm by Youngsta71701
Quote from: that1guy2110 on September 27, 2016, 11:40:33 am
Jimmys and joes make a difference. Those teams buck had were loaded with talent. Still talent in camden dont get me wrong. Just not near as much
The 2008 and 2009 teams weren't very talented at all. They had a few good players sprinkled in there but not many. Somehow they still found a way to win games. And like I said earlier the 2009 team made it to War Memorial. We weren't always the biggest team but we were always the scrappiest.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Redbird88 on September 27, 2016, 12:28:52 pm
And unfortunately two of them are ruining an athletic program as we speak😏
;D

Redbird88

PapaHog

Youngsta, just go get you a team. Call me up and let me know where so I can see you work magic. Also Drew isn't being ruined by Cox. Cox is being ruined by DC. Career killer.

Youngsta71701

September 27, 2016, 04:11:50 pm #46 Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 04:15:29 pm by Youngsta71701
Quote from: PapaHog on September 27, 2016, 03:49:29 pm
Youngsta, just go get you a team. Call me up and let me know where so I can see you work magic. Also Drew isn't being ruined by Cox. Cox is being ruined by DC. Career killer.
No comment about those "bear defenses" that were the best in school history? Are you trying to argue the fact the those defenses worked? If you don't think they were the best in school history look up the numbers.

PapaHog

You win with the players. It's not all about scheme. Teams have been running your bear defense against Ohio State the last couple of years. You don't see Ohio State losing. You know why? Talent wins out 99% of the time. Also, back to the player development comment. How do you expect a coach that hasn't even been here a year to develop kids? Nick Saban himself didn't even win his first year at Bama!

The A-Team

Youngsta71701

September 28, 2016, 08:36:08 am #49 Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 09:07:49 am by Youngsta71701
Quote from: PapaHog on September 27, 2016, 06:18:46 pm
You win with the players. It's not all about scheme. Teams have been running your bear defense against Ohio State the last couple of years. You don't see Ohio State losing. You know why? Talent wins out 99% of the time. Also, back to the player development comment. How do you expect a coach that hasn't even been here a year to develop kids? Nick Saban himself didn't even win his first year at Bama!
Good players win games. Good coaching win games. Good players and good coaching win championships. So what your telling me is that coaching is overrated? It just kills me how some people continue to underestimate good coaching. Name 10 players off that 2009 team that made it to War Memorial. Go...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas