• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pulaski Academy @ LR Fair

Started by Maynard G Krebs, September 20, 2016, 10:57:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Maynard G Krebs

PA (2-1) makes the short trip to JA Fair (0-3) for their conference opener.  Fair gave LR Hall its first win in 4 seasons, so they don't seem to me much improved over last year.  In last year's game, PA won easily, but I was impressed with the effort from the Eagles.  The team never gave up and played hard to the end.

Rocket23

Got to be hard for the kids. Morrilton beat them 60-0 two weeks ago.

MDXPHD

Should be a good game. I'm going to take Fair in an upset. 7-6.

The_Pioneer

MDXPHD

the voice

Great sports. Very classy players and staff. Unfortunately the worst high school team I've ever seen. Our JV played over 3qtrs of the game. They struggle to run a play.

Red Devil Alum

This is the one game a year I never look forward to. Nothing in it for PA, and I always feel for the Fair kids trying their hardest but too few numbers, etc.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on September 20, 2016, 07:25:47 pm
This is the one game a year I never look forward to. Nothing in it for PA, and I always feel for the Fair kids trying their hardest but too few numbers, etc.

I think PA should let Fair win. It would really help with the media. Get all this negative stuff off them for a bit.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 20, 2016, 07:29:39 pm
I think PA should let Fair win. It would really help with the media. Get all this negative stuff off them for a bit.
The negative stuff is about 10 people on this website.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on September 20, 2016, 08:57:03 pm
The negative stuff is about 10 people on this website.

Well, surely you don't believe that. I was making a joke though, obviously. Maybe I should let the tension decrease a little more.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 20, 2016, 09:00:34 pm
Well, surely you don't believe that. I was making a joke though, obviously. Maybe I should let the tension decrease a little more.
I knew you were joking. I'm not though. There's a disproportionate dislike of PA on here compared to the real world.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 20, 2016, 07:29:39 pm

That's a good idea.  The other conference teams would think that PA is way down and would get over confident about playing PA.  Brilliant idea!

Oldbadger

Yellowcake

It will be ugly early. I, unfortunately, will be out of town. If I was here, I'd be hard pressed not to make the SH v LRM game. Hope everyone enjoys the weekend.

Go PA
Go MORRILTON
GoBATESVILLE
Go wynne

Lumberjackfan1978

Youngsta71701

Is it even Fair to be talking about this game? See what I did there... ;)

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 21, 2016, 09:09:51 am
Is it even Fair to be talking about this game? See what I did there... ;)

😄

Chief_Osceola™

Youngsta71701

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 21, 2016, 09:49:23 am
LOL...that sounded like a Rick Shaeffer comment huh. ;D

Haha yep. I thought that reaction gif was perfect. Chris Kattan's face gets me every time.

Maynard G Krebs

Ready for conference to start.  Hope everyone has a good crowd tonight.

Maynard G Krebs

34-0, PA up early in 2nd quarter.  Second team in now for Bruins.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 23, 2016, 07:44:52 pm
34-0, PA up early in 2nd quarter.  Second team in now for Bruins.

Resting the 1st team until the 4th I see. Fair is just letting y'all get too confident before they surprise y'all.

Maynard G Krebs

September 23, 2016, 07:56:44 pm #23 Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 08:02:02 pm by Maynard G Krebs
Fair just scored on a 75 yard pass play on first play of th possession.   The Eagles first TD this season.   QB hit the receiver at full stride.  48-6.

TheSpecial

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 23, 2016, 07:56:44 pm
Fair just scored on a 75 yard pass play on first play of th possession.   The Eagles first TD this season.   QB hit the receiver at full stride.  48-6.
I like the sound of that. Not gonna give up. I hope for their sakes anyway.

Maynard G Krebs

Fair's participation, both in team numbers and fan numbers in stands looked improved to me.  Wish them luck for the remaining season.

Oldbadger

Kudos to PA.  Could have run the score up but chose not to.  Great job!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas