• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Batesville vs Nettleton

Started by Raider2011, September 18, 2016, 10:57:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider2011

What are your thoughts and predictions on this conference week 1 matchup?

PA Dad

I have not seen either team play so my opinion is suspect.

I favor Batesville because of history, tradition, and the strength of the program.  But, I've read on this board that Nettleton is greatly improved this year, and Nettleton is getting some top 10 votes.

I look for a competitive game, but I pick Batesville by 7.

Rocko1493

Batesville has a lot of work to do.  They have had a ridiculous number of turnovers the would have changed the outcome in the searcy game and put away Mountain Home two days ago.  They have also been hit with the injury bug.  If they can clean up the turnovers they will be right back in the hunt but right now I give the edge to Nettleton.

The_Pioneer

I think Batesville wins but this team isn't playing very well so far this season.

Overdahill

It seems unlikely that Batesville will miss the chance to get back to 0.500 overall and 1-0 in conference against a team they have never lost to. I predict a much stronger showing this week and a solid W

Youngsta71701

Batesville usually plays better in conference play and later in the season. I'm going with the Pioneers in this one. Is this your usual Batesville team or has the talent level fallen off this year? Only time will tell. ;D

bigchief72455

Batesville will have to pull it together this week or a loss will be coming their way. Nettleton is much improved and has a lot of speed and athleticism. I give the edge to the Raiders.

MDXPHD

If Batesville doesn't turn the ball over 4 times like they have each of their first three games, they will win this one by a couple of tds.

bigchief72455

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 19, 2016, 08:10:08 am
If Batesville doesn't turn the ball over 4 times like they have each of their first three games, they will win this one by a couple of tds.
I agree with you.  The Pioneers have had a problem with turnovers this season and it has been costly for them.

Raider2011

From film and in person watching I don't believe batesville has the athletes to match up.

Rick Swines

I agree nettleton will win pretty comfortably.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Raider2011 on September 19, 2016, 11:20:16 am
From film and in person watching I don't believe batesville has the athletes to match up.

::) ::)

The_Pioneer

Those Nettleton athletes have long given us trouble in our 15 game winning streak.....

Grond

Man, very hard to play against Batesville AT Batesville. The Batesville coaching staff will have their plan together.

I know what it is like to NOT beat Batesville... :'(

Love to see Nettleton have some success.........but "hope" is not a strategy. I just can't see Batesville losing this game; they are too well coached.

bigchief72455

Quote from: Grond on September 19, 2016, 07:18:57 pm
Man, very hard to play against Batesville AT Batesville. The Batesville coaching staff will have their plan together.

I know what it is like to NOT beat Batesville... :'(

Love to see Nettleton have some success.........but "hope" is not a strategy. I just can't see Batesville losing this game; they are too well coached.
I agree they are very tough. But if they continue their pattern of couching up the ball multiple time in the game it could prove problematic. Nettleton will have to play a near perfect game to succeed.

Rick Swines

Real question is IF nettleton wins will hootens drop batesville  to number 3?

The Green Arrow

The_Pioneer

Quote from: Rick Swines on September 20, 2016, 09:56:04 am

Maybe, but rest assured Rick, you'll always be #2 to us!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Rick Swines on September 20, 2016, 09:56:04 am
Batesville has a lot of respect in the state based on their history and coaching staff. King is one of the best coaches in the state of Arkansas. Have a lot of respect for him and his staff. I can see why they're still ranked #2.

Lumberjackfan1978

Pioneerman68

j-mann raider 02

i love Nettletlon   but  Batesville  is the gold stad  in  5a   that  said  nettleton  will hang tough  i say batesvillie 34-28   

the voice

wynnefootballfan

Wow, when was the last time anyone would pic against Batesville unless they were playing a top 3 team. Just seems weird.lol..  But it is High School, a struggle year will happen now and then even for the best of programs. Tey are still the Neers, it will take a solid game to beat them.

walkingguy72396

If Batesville loses at home against Nettleton.  I will crown Nettleton 5A East Champs.

FD4

It's all about momentum at this point.  Nettleton has it, Batesville does not.

The_Pioneer

May very well be another 8-6 game.

MDXPHD

Quote from: FD4 on September 22, 2016, 02:27:03 pm
It's all about momentum at this point.  Nettleton has it, Batesville does not.

It's not all about momentum. Batesville is better coached and has better football players. Batesville will win this game and their offense will be fine. Defense has some confidence now too.

Grond

Nettleton seems to struggle with their passing game, in past years, at Batesville. (From scout film I have watched.)

The 'wild card' will be whether or not Nettleton can keep the consistency in their passing game, that they have shown throughout this season. Along with some good guesses on defense.

But Batesville is so good at adjusting to their opponents.

Hope both teams play hard, and have a safe night.

Rocko1493

Watching Batesville in all three games this year.  Game one Jonnesboro.  Outmatched but still put out over 500 yards offense.  Game two Searcy.  Had a chance at the end but would have beaten th by two touchdowns if they did not turn the ball over so many times in the red zone.  Game three mountain home. Win but again so many turnovers in redzone.  Should have won by 20 if they just hang on to the ball.  The other factor in all of this injurys. Several starters have been out to major injurys.  I feel if Batesville.stops the turnovers they are right back to there old self.  Raider fans drive safe and tomorrow night welcome back to Pioneer nation.  Batesville 35  Nettleton  14

A D M

I can't wait to get to Batesville to watch the Raider beat Batesville.

MDXPHD

Quote from: A D M on September 23, 2016, 05:20:53 am
I can't wait to get to Batesville to watch the Raider beat Batesville.

::)

The_Pioneer

You're probably going to need to stop at Batesville Southside.  Nettleton can beat them easily.

FD4

Unless Coach King has moved some guys around, the Batesville team I watched at Jonesboro is just an average team.  I saw a defensive tackle run down a Batesville RB from behind in that game.  Granted #8 was making a cut to avoid a would be tackler, but he still was caught from behind.  What happened to the Batesville defense in that game? What to Jonesboro's for that matter?

MDXPHD

Quote from: FD4 on September 23, 2016, 08:17:42 am
Unless Coach King has moved some guys around, the Batesville team I watched at Jonesboro is just an average team.  I saw a defensive tackle run down a Batesville RB from behind in that game.  Granted #8 was making a cut to avoid a would be tackler, but he still was caught from behind.  What happened to the Batesville defense in that game? What to Jonesboro's for that matter?

Jonesboro would put up 50+ on anyone in the east conference. Don't pretend that their offense isn't one of the top offenses in the state. And I guess Batesville will just be another average team competing for the conference championship then.

bigchief72455

If Batesville can eliminate the fumbles they will have the game in the bag.

GuvHog

Quote from: wynnefootballfan on September 22, 2016, 09:50:07 am
Wow, when was the last time anyone would pic against Batesville unless they were playing a top 3 team. Just seems weird.lol..  But it is High School, a struggle year will happen now and then even for the best of programs. Tey are still the Neers, it will take a solid game to beat them.

When was the last time Batesville went 1-2 in non-conference play with a close win over Mountain Home?? There's the answer to your question. The loss to Jonesboro was not shocking because they are good but losing to Searcy and barely beating Mountain Home leaves some people wondering if the Pioneers are really that good this year. This is a HUGE game for Nettleton in that a win (no matter how close) will vault them into the top 3 in the conference and give them a legit shot at winning the 5A East title so they'll be really fired up for this game. Batesville however, won't go down without a serious fight and this one is being played at Batesville so I'll go with the Pioneers by 1 point. This one can go either way though.

OB11

Quote from: GuvHog on September 23, 2016, 09:24:39 am
When was the last time Batesville went 1-2 in non-conference play with a close win over Mountain Home?? There's the answer to your question. The loss to Jonesboro was not shocking because they are good but losing to Searcy and barely beating Mountain Home leaves some people wondering if the Pioneers are really that good this year. This is a HUGE game for Nettleton in that a win (no matter how close) will vault them into the top 3 in the conference and give them a legit shot at winning the 5A East title so they'll be really fired up for this game. Batesville however, won't go down without a serious fight and this one is being played at Batesville so I'll go with the Pioneers by 1 point. This one can go either way though.

The weird thing about it is Coach King has said this is the year that they've been waiting on as far as having all the pieces together at the same time.  Surely they can overcome the slow start and put together another run at a conference title and possibly state title. 

Pioneerman68

Batesville has a very good group of seniors that have played together since 7th grade and should turn into a very good football team as the season progresses, yes we have struggled the first three games with turn overs and have not played very well, we have had a few key injuries that has effected things a bit. I believe that beginning tonight you will see a different Pioneer team take the field, these kids work hard and have a lot pride in the tradition the Pioneers have earned over the years, they don't take lightly what is expected of them. Coach King and the rest of the coaching staff will have these guys ready tonight. When Coach King says this could be one of his best teams he truly believes they can be.

A D M

Batesville vs Searcy 35-41
Valley View vs Searcy 33-41both loses
Looks to me like Batesville is just another Valley View this year. We will see tonight

MDXPHD

Quote from: A D M on September 23, 2016, 03:54:54 pm
Looks to me like Batesville is just another Valley View this year. We will see tonight

We will certainly see. I have a feeling you're not gonna like it.

Pioneerman68

Quote from: A D M on September 23, 2016, 03:54:54 pm

LOL I PROMISE YOU THE PIONEERS ARE NO VALLEY VIEW! BUT KEEP THINKING THAT WE WILL SEE TONIGHT ,JUST HOPE NETTLETON IS READY.

MDXPHD

Batesville - 7
Nettleton - 0

1st Quarter - 11:48

MDXPHD

Batesville - 7
Nettleton - 7

10:14 - 1st quarter

MDXPHD

Game delayed for light malfunction. 13-7 batesville in the first. Lights went out before the pat was attempted.

A D M

All the lights are out at the Batesville game. Did someone forget to pay the electric bill.😂

Overdahill

Quote from: A D M on September 23, 2016, 07:45:45 pm
All the lights are out at the Batesville game. Did someone forget to pay the electric bill.😂
I have heard of playing "lights out" b4 but never took it literally  ;D

MDXPHD

MDXPHD

Nettleton just had a td called back for a block in the back.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 23, 2016, 10:03:31 pm
Nettleton just had a td called back for a block in the back.

Those dang Batesville refs again!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas