• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wynne @ Blytheville here we go

Started by Chief-Chickasaw, September 17, 2016, 06:51:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief-Chickasaw

Wynne is looking really good this year. Blytheville is playing well but we need to pass a little better to many dropped passes. Everyone is keying on our RB and stacking the box. Our D has been playing very well and I look forward to see how they match up with Wynne's power.

Chip

This should be a great game. The edge may go to Blytheville with them being at home. I'll be there!

MDXPHD

PA Dad

September 17, 2016, 10:30:52 am #3 Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 11:34:33 am by PA Dad
This may be Blytheville's best chance to win the conference championship outright that the've had in a long time.  I think they will be highly motivated.  Blytheville by 3.

Grond

Quote from: PA Dad on September 17, 2016, 10:30:52 am
This may be Blytheville's best chance to win the conference championship outright that the've had in a long time.  I think they will be highly motivated.  Blytheville by 3.

I am rooting for Blytheville......but if I pick them, they'll lose.   :P :P :P

Marion has a tough pass attack. For Blytheville to play w/ Marion (I believe Bly won), then their DB's are playing well this year.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Grond on September 17, 2016, 01:03:36 pm
I am rooting for Blytheville......but if I pick them, they'll lose.   :P :P :P

Marion has a tough pass attack. For Blytheville to play w/ Marion (I believe Bly won), then their DB's are playing well this year.

Wynne handled Marion easily earlier this season 

Chief-Chickasaw

Of course I'm rooting for Blytheville in this one. I think this is Gonna be power on power and not a lot of passing. This is Gonna be fun.

tmycjy

I say the edge go to wynne and the reason is Blytheville is winless to wynne sense Ben Fisher become head coach

2015 wynne 28 Blytheville 20
2014 wynne like 35 Blytheville 0
2013 wynne 35 Blytheville 0

So coach Fisher is 0-3 on wynne right now but it could change after Friday night

Grond

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 17, 2016, 01:08:37 pm
Wynne handled Marion easily earlier this season

Dang, there you go, hitting me with FACTS again.  ::) ::) ::) ( :D )   Good point.

The_Pioneer

This is the battle for the conference championship.

chaingang

Quote from: The_Pioneer on September 17, 2016, 05:02:08 pm
You took the words right out of my mouth......

Yellowcake

If it wasn't such a long drive, I'd love to be at this one!
Chicks in a tight one!!

Overdahill

Overdahill

AT

It rarely happens that Week 4 is the de facto conference championship, but this could end up being it. I still doubt it, because I think Batesville will be there at the end.

I'm also wondering if Nettleton or Forrest City could play spoiler for someone.

Missco

PA Dad

Quote from: The_Pioneer on September 17, 2016, 05:02:08 pm

You could be right, but I'll be surprised if Batesville isn't in the mix.  Batesville lost to Jonesboro and Searcy last year and made it to the semis.  I look for the same this year.

Rick Swines

I have seen both play and I give the edge to Blytheville. I predict a 35-28 win for Bvegas. To much speed for wynne.

walkingguy72396

Quote from: Rick Swines on September 18, 2016, 09:55:33 pm
I have seen both play and I give the edge to Blytheville. I predict a 35-28 win for Bvegas. To much speed for wynne.

If Wynne gets held to 28 it will be a close one.  If they score more than 28.  Blytheville will not get the ball enough times to score 21.

Hoghead2

Wynne pulls out a tough one. Blytheville still doesn't play well in BIG Games.

Youngsta71701

GregRuffin

wynnefootballfan

I dont think there could be an outcome in this game that would blow me away. Blowout either way, close win by either team, clean game, crazy game, turnovers or non. Last year was an 8 pt game in Wynne decided by a play or two really. now its in Blyville. Both teams have lost some from last year and gained in some other areas. The only thing I really know is that were gonna see some good football friday night.

Rick Swines

Quote from: Almatrackster on September 18, 2016, 11:35:47 am
It rarely happens that Week 4 is the de facto conference championship, but this could end up being it. I still doubt it, because I think Batesville will be there at the end.

I'm also wondering if Nettleton or Forrest City could play spoiler for someone.

Forrest City won't upset any of the 3. After talking to some people it wouldn't surprise me if nettleton, Batesville, Blytheville, and wynne beat each other. They are head and shoulders ahead of the others in the conference.

Jacketalum07

MDXPHD

Quote from: Rick Swines on September 19, 2016, 10:00:14 pm
Forrest City won't upset any of the 3. After talking to some people it wouldn't surprise me if nettleton, Batesville, Blytheville, and wynne beat each other. They are head and shoulders ahead of the others in the conference.

You've got to stop putting Nettleton randomly in this group of teams.

Rick Swines

Is there a live stream of the game? Would like to watch it. 

FD4

Friday night, if not for having put in #2's and 3's for the entire second half, Beebe would not have scored and likely would have been held to less than 50 yards total offense.  A shut out would have been no problem.  My observation from the little corner I was watching from was simple.  Beebe was overwhelmed and way outgunned in that game.  Should the same Wynne attitude show up at the Chicks house, the result will be the same.  And as for speed, you are gravely mistaken if you think Blytheville has more speed than Wynne.  Perhaps as much, but certainly not more.  This will be the first real test we face so far.  Good luck to both CBF and CCH, The main thing is this, keep guys from getting injured, both teams, play clean, play hard, there is a bigger picture here other than a district crown.  It's a shot at PA in the playoffs, something I am ready to see also.  I would love to see a bracket where PA had to start off with Batesville, then Blytheville, then Wynne, or any combination thereof.

The_Pioneer

FD4

As a fan I would prefer to be first, but if I were coach, not until WM.   ;)

GregRuffin

Quote from: wynnefootballfan on September 19, 2016, 02:41:42 pm
I dont think there could be an outcome in this game that would blow me away. Blowout either way, close win by either team, clean game, crazy game, turnovers or non. Last year was an 8 pt game in Wynne decided by a play or two really. now its in Blyville. Both teams have lost some from last year and gained in some other areas. The only thing I really know is that were gonna see some good football friday night.

Can't pick Blytheville until they actually win a game against Wynne. I don't think they have beaten Wynne since the classifications and conferences realigned.

lizard1989

As I have a personal interest in this game...I am going with Wynne 42-28.

justalionfan

Quote from: GregRuffin on September 20, 2016, 04:01:08 pm
Can't pick Blytheville until they actually win a game against Wynne. I don't think they have beaten Wynne since the classifications and conferences realigned.

Blytheville beat them in 2009.

justalionfan

Quote from: GregRuffin on September 20, 2016, 04:01:08 pm

Blytheville joined the conference in 2004 and beat Wynne in 04, 07, 08, and 09

deltahog66

Quote from: justajacketfan on September 21, 2016, 06:06:22 pm
Blytheville joined the conference in 2004 and beat Wynne in 04, 07, 08, and 09

Your memory is off a little. Wynne beat Blytheville something like 41-14 in 04.  12-2 that year. two loses were to dollarway and Jonesboro.

Rick Swines

I've asked this question but it hasn't been answered. Will this game be on live from a webstream? After watching the Blytheville spit on the news I'm more comfortable in picking the upset. They have been practicing the cutting lineman all week and will be prepared. 28-21 Blytheville after talking to some people on the Blytheville staff.

stinger1

Quote from: Rick Swines on September 21, 2016, 11:09:44 pm
I've asked this question but it hasn't been answered. Will this game be on live from a webstream? After watching the Blytheville spit on the news I'm more comfortable in picking the upset. They have been practicing the cutting lineman all week and will be prepared. 28-21 Blytheville after talking to some people on the Blytheville staff.
game should be aired on deltaswarm.com

wynnefootballfan

Quote from: Rick Swines on September 21, 2016, 11:09:44 pm

I of course am a Jacket first of all but I just don't know. I like the jacekts due to the talent, coaching methodical offense with big play ability. Then there are the Chicks, talent to play with anyone, coaching, big play ability and at home. I have heard that depth may be the only problem Bville has.

Rick Swines

sportsguy80

proud_dad

If for some reason it is not online, you can listen on www.kwyn.com click on listen live tab or download the kwyn app

FD4

Maumelle cut blocked Wynne's O line all night and still got hammered.  The Ref's were all that kept it from getting out of hand in that one as well.  I give Maumelle its props, they played hard and earned two scores by, well let's just say they earned em and leave it at that.  I am taking Wynne by 30, 48/18.  Game will be closer than the score will indicate.

walkingguy72396

If Wynne streams away games.  That would come as a big suprise to me.

wynnefootballfan

GAME DAY!!!!

Should be a good one. Safe night to everyone.

Chief-Chickasaw

I'm gonna have to keep up with this one online I'm headed to Texas to watch the Hogs. Good luck to my Chicks

Pioneerman68

Good luck to both teams should be a great one!!!

wynnefootballfan

Quote from: Chief-Chickasaw on September 23, 2016, 02:02:04 pm
I'm gonna have to keep up with this one online I'm headed to Texas to watch the Hogs. Good luck to my Chicks

Wave big for the jumbotron. Safe travels.

MDXPHD

I figured wynne would not have a problem with Blytheville but I didn't think it would get out of hand so early.

PA Dad

I'm not surprised that Wynne won this game, but I am surprised that Wynne dominated it.  I knew Wynne would be good this year because they were good and very young last year.   But they may be much better than I thought.

Impressive win.  Congrats to Wynne.

Grond

Thoughts on Wynne vs. Blytheville 2016

First of all, it was a pleasure watching these two great programs. A real chess match going on between the coaches. Both sides playing well, and playing hard. But Wynne was just too powerful.

WEATHER - It was hot. I am sure it was hotter for you good folks down south, but there was 70% humidity and no wind. The flag on the flag pole did not move.

WYNNE OFFENSE
The Yellowjackets ran their flexbone offense: a single RB behind the QB, who was under center. A 'halfback' behind each tightend. It seemed like 90% of Wynne's plays were over the left side of the line. They did score on a pass, but there were few Wynne passes.

Wynne is doing a better job of running the flexbone this year, compared to last year. Outside pitches are being conducted much faster, much smoother. They seemed to be pulling linemen less, and relying on a more simplified blocking scheme. An exercise in brutality.

WYNNE DEFENSE
Wow. I don't think Wynne lined up the same way two times in a row. They have speed and athleticism up front, and they gave Blytheville's guards and center some fits. They struggled with pass coverage at times. But the Wynne "D" was able to stop Clark (Blytheville top notch RB) at times.

In general, Wynne ran a 5-2 defense, with lots of variation. They learned that, if you put everyone on the line, and Clark gets to the line.....he is gone.

BLYTHEVILLE OFFENSE
Clark (Bly RB) is impressive. He can move. But he could not "move at will" tonight. Wynne kept Clark rather inconsistent.

I thought Blytheville did a good job of mixing up their offense, showing passes and QB runs. But one of Blytheville's problems is receivers that have been watching too much NFL moves. Blytheville had two turnovers in the first half caused by receivers that had made a good catch and run, but then they got stripped.

BLYTHEVILLE DEFENSE
The Chicks initially tried a 3 man front (5-2 ish,actually), but quickly moved to a 6 man front, and had more success. Credit also must be given to the 1-on-1 coverage of the DB's.

But the combination of the weather, the turnovers, and (mainly) the big Wynne o-line was just too much.

OBSERVATIONS
- Clark was impressive, but not dominant. UCA level? Yes. U of A level? Not sure.

- I think Blytheville should play with a little more focus, and try to tone down the energy slightly. Hard to do that, though.

- Wynne looked good, but I fear Batesville will find characteristics to take advantage of. (Like running to the left too much, and inconsistent pass coverage.)

- Everybody is running hurry-up offense. Don't blink, or you will miss something.

- Best $5 show in Blytheville!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas