• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A Fan Poll - Pre-Week 3 Top Ten (VOTE HERE FOR WEEK 4)

Started by AT, September 15, 2016, 04:39:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngsta71701

Quote from: PA Dad on September 18, 2016, 07:59:08 pm
White Hall is an interesting vote.  I can't fault it since they are undefeated.  But I'm interested in what the South posters think.  Is WH for real?
I don't think so but we're about to find out.

woopork

September 19, 2016, 08:25:25 am #51 Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 08:30:57 am by woopork
Quote from: Kolsher on September 18, 2016, 06:39:58 pm
1. PA
2. LR McClellan
3. Wynne
4. SH
5. Alma
6. Batesville
7. Lrca
8. Greenbrier
9. Harrison
10. Hsls
Report t

I also say count it just on account of it being different. Might as well have an extra poll.

After watching LRCA, They make the playoffs and the Top 10 by the end of the year. Scrappy Athletic team that will get it together.

MDXPHD

Quote from: woopork on September 19, 2016, 08:25:25 am
I also say count it just on account of it being different. Might as well have an extra poll.

After watching LRCA, They make the playoffs and the Top 10 by the end of the year. Scrappy Athletic team that will get it together.

It's not so much LRCA is in the poll, although that is questionable, but it's that Morrilton is left out. Morrilton is clearly a top 10 team in the state as of this week. I don't think anyone can actually have a valid argument to the contrary.

woopork

I know. I commented that at first before seeing that they posted about them not being in it.
I find it more bizarre that Lakeside is in there at 0-3. I would have a harder time arguing them in than I would Morrilton out.

MDXPHD

Quote from: woopork on September 19, 2016, 11:10:51 am
I know. I commented that at first before seeing that they posted about them not being in it.
I find it more bizarre that Lakeside is in there at 0-3. I would have a harder time arguing them in than I would Morrilton out.

Yeah, it's a terrible poll. The guy just threw some teams in there. Not thought out at all.

GuvHog

September 19, 2016, 02:36:14 pm #55 Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 02:39:54 pm by GuvHog
Quote from: PA Dad on September 18, 2016, 10:57:03 pm
I didn't mean to say you are biased.  I meant that we are all biased, including me.  I just question putting WC at number 6 based on their record to date.

The fun in doing the poll is to see, and question, the differences in opinions.  I meant no offense.

It's all in who a school plays. Batesville for example, Played three 6A schools:

Jonesboro (loss)
Searcy     (Loss)
Mt. Home  (Win)

Jonesboro is the only one of the 3 that has a good shot of winning the 6A state title and Mountain Home has for years been among the worst teams in 6A, Yet you believe Batesville should still be ranked. Watson Chapel has played two 4A schools and the defending 6A state Champion:

Dollarway  (Win)
Pine Bluff   (Loss)
Warren      (Loss)

2 of those (PB, Warren) are ranked in the top 5 of their respective classes and are expected to mount serious challenges for State titles, yet WC shouldn't be ranked at least #10 in 5A???   Go figure.

MDXPHD

Quote from: GuvHog on September 19, 2016, 02:36:14 pm
It's all in who a school plays. Batesville for example, Played three 6A schools:

Jonesboro (loss)
Searcy     (Loss)
Mt. Home  (Win)

Jonesboro is the only one of the 3 that has a good shot of winning the 6A state title and Mountain Home has for years been among the worst teams in 6A, Yet you believe Batesville should still be ranked. Watson Chapel has played:

Dollarway  (Win)
Pine Bluff   (Loss)
Warren      (Loss)

2 of those (PB, Warren) are ranked in the top 5 of their respective classes and are expected to mount serious challenges for State titles, yet WC shouldn't be ranked at least #10 in 5A???   Go figure.

Does it matter how they lost instead of just who they lost to?

GuvHog

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 19, 2016, 02:38:46 pm
Does it matter how they lost instead of just who they lost to?

Their records are equal but WC has played the tougher schedule IMHO. I agree Batesville still belongs in the top 10 but so does Watson Chapel.

MDXPHD

Quote from: GuvHog on September 19, 2016, 02:48:24 pm
Their records are equal but WC has played the tougher schedule IMHO. I agree Batesville still belongs in the top 10 but so does Watson Chapel.

Not just records though. I think people are looking at HOW WC has lost their two games. WC got blown out both times and didn't stand a chance against either. I do think WC will win the south and be in the mix toward the end of the year. However, people are going to give Batesville the edge because they have been to 6 straight semifinal appearances after starting off some years similar to this.

MikeDieselâ„¢

My problem for Watson Chapel is their only win is against Dollarway.  And Forrest City then beat Dollarway 30-0.  And Forrest City's only loss is to West Memphis.  I had Batesville at 10, FC at 11, and WC at 12.  And still can't figure out where I want to put Nettleton.  And to be honest, Batesville only got in on my tie-breaker of tradition).  They could drop WAY down this week with a loss to Nettleton

PA Dad

Quote from: GuvHog on September 19, 2016, 02:36:14 pm

Jonesboro (loss)
Searcy     (Loss)
Mt. Home  (Win)

Jonesboro is the only one of the 3 that has a good shot of winning the 6A state title and Mountain Home has for years been among the worst teams in 6A, Yet you believe Batesville should still be ranked. Watson Chapel has played two 4A schools and the defending 6A state Champion:

Dollarway  (Win)
Pine Bluff   (Loss)
Warren      (Loss)

Actually, I didn't say WC shouldn't be in the top 10.  I questioned putting them at No. 6.  But, as I said, the fun is in the discussion and debate.  If WC is a top ten team, they'll get the recognition they deserve.

GuvHog

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 19, 2016, 02:51:54 pm
Not just records though. I think people are looking at HOW WC has lost their two games. WC got blown out both times and didn't stand a chance against either. I do think WC will win the south and be in the mix toward the end of the year. However, people are going to give Batesville the edge because they have been to 6 straight semifinal appearances after starting off some years similar to this.

WC did not get blown out by Warren, they actually scored 26 points in the 3rd quarter and were trailing only by 6 points going into the 4th quarter. Unfortunately the WC defense was gassed from being on the field too much in the first half and Warren managed 2 TD's in the 4th quarter to stretch the margin to 20. WC's starting QB did not play in the first half so their best WR had to start at QB and another starting WR was out for the game. That meant 3 of WC's offensive starters were not in their regular positions in the first half and that really hurt WC. The difference in the second half was very noticeable when Jakobi Jacson started at QB which allowed Dorsey to move back to WR where he belonged.

The Future

September 19, 2016, 04:06:04 pm #62 Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 06:34:03 pm by The Future
Picked all my projections correct last friday.

My previous week top 10 was Wynne, PA, Alma, Batesville, Greenbrier, McClellan, Sylvan Hills, Morrilton, Watson Chapel, and LRC.

Future's Week 4 poll
1. Pulaski Academy- An undefeated season is out of the Bruin's future. But a state title is still very possible.
2. Wynne- Jackets have been on the rise last handful of years. Will they pass the final hurdle and make it to WMS.
3. McClellan- With Alma and Greenbrier losing and Batesville barly scrapping by Mountain Home, McClellan and Hills have nowhere to go but up.
4. Sylvan Hills- Seems to be the only legitamite threat to PA's conference title run.
5. Alma- Consecutive losses to Springdale and Greenwood won't keep Alma from the West title and deep playoff run.
6. Morrilton- West threat Devil Dogs start conference play as 1 of a handful of teams who can grab that second seed spot.
7. Batesville- 2 point win against Mountain Home drops Neers. But a win is a win is a win.
8. Harrison- Goblins looking to reclaim that 90s glory with impressive win against the Warriors.
9. Blytheville- Might catch some heat with most having Chickasaws in their top 10 every week so far while I just now put them in.
10. White Hall- May or may not be the best South team. But it is the only undefeated South team.

Week 4 projections: and because we are in conference play and theres more likelyhood for upsets and close games, I'm putting which games are certain wins (CW), toss ups (TU), or upset alerts (UA).
Fair over PA (Kidding PADad haha) CW
Wynne over Blytheville TU
McClellan over Sylvan Hills TU
Alma over Vilonia CW
Morrilton over Harrison TU
Nettleton over Batesville UA
Watson Chapel over Hot Springs CW

Just realized after typing up my projections that theres a few games featuring top 10 teams. So my list will be shaken up big time this friday night.

EDIT: I had accidentally left Alma out of my poll when I first wrote it up. Had to go back and edit it. I found it strange when I got down to numbers 9 and 10 and I was like I know I'm forgetting something lol.

MDXPHD

Quote from: GuvHog on September 19, 2016, 03:03:08 pm
WC did not get blown out by Warren, they actually scored 26 points in the 3rd quarter and were trailing only by 6 points going into the 4th quarter. Unfortunately the WC defense was gassed from being on the field too much in the first half and Warren managed 2 TD's in the 4th quarter to stretch the margin to 20. WC's starting QB did not play in the first half so their best WR had to start at QB and another starting WR was out for the game. That meant 3 of WC's offensive starters were not in their regular positions in the first half and that really hurt WC. The difference in the second half was very noticeable when Jakobi Jacson started at QB which allowed Dorsey to move back to WR where he belonged.

Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't aware of the actual game details. It's much easier for us to make arguments for the teams we support because we know all of the details. For instance, Batesville beat Mountain Home while losing the ball four times inside the 25 yard line, 2 of those inside the 10. Hard to win a game like that.

WPWells

The Future

Quote from: Fred Bird on September 19, 2016, 05:55:23 pm
Hey future, where's alma?

Holy crap youre right lol. I honestly can't believe I forgot Alma. I had my brainstorming written down and then when I went to transfer them over, for some reason I left out the Dales.
I will hurry and go back and edit and fix my poll before the polls get graded. And more importantly before all the Dale posters form a hunt for me! Lol

AT

Good discussion going on this week.

PA Dad and woopork, I understand what you guys are saying.

But after receiving some new information from a very trustworthy person, I've decided to keep out that poll. If you guys have any questions about it, PM me.

This thread is still open to ANYONE with a good intent to put in a poll.

PA Dad

Quote from: Almatrackster on September 19, 2016, 08:07:07 pm
Good discussion going on this week.

PA Dad and woopork, I understand what you guys are saying.

But after receiving some new information from a very trustworthy person, I've decided to keep out that poll. If you guys have any questions about it, PM me.

This thread is still open to ANYONE with a good intent to put in a poll.

With the new information, I completely agree.

AT

Raider2011

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Wynne
3. Morrilton
4. Alma
5. McClellan
6. Harrison
7. Blytheville
8. Nettleton
9. Greenbrier
10. Sylvan Hills

Youngsta71701

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 17, 2016, 07:57:33 am
1. PA
2. Wynne

3. Morrilton

4. Alma
5. LRM
6. Blytheville
7. Harrison
8. Batesville
9. Sylvan Hills
10. Nettleton

I just can't rank anyone in the South right now. I also think the top two are way ahead of the rest, but not too far ahead of Morrilton.
I'm with you right now about the South. But I believe Camden Fairview is about to go on a roll.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 21, 2016, 10:06:15 am
I'm with you right now about the South. But I believe Camden Fairview is about to go on a roll.

I hope they do! I'm tired of them being down.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 21, 2016, 10:24:38 am
I hope they do! I'm tired of them being down.
I am too...lol...Seems like this new coaching staff is solid.

wynnefootballfan

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Wynne
3. Little Rock McClellan
4. Sylvan Hills
5. Morrilton
6. Blytheville
7. Alma
8. Harrison
9. Little Rock Christian/Batesville
10. Greenbrier

I will be more confident of my picks after this Friday Night. lol.

AT

I'm going to shut this down at 7:00 or 8:00 tonight and put up the new poll.

proud_dad

1. Wynne
2. Pulaski Academy
3. Sylvan Hills
4. Little Rock McClellan
5. Nettleton
6. Alma
7.Blytheville
8. Morrilton
9. Batesville
10. White Hall

j-mann raider 02

1 PA
2 WYNNE
3 Sylvan Hills
4 LR MccLellan   
5 Batesville 
6 alma 
7 Nettleton 
8 CF
9 Morrilton 
10 Blytheville

AT

I'm going to let j-mann be the last poll and close it. Sorry if you had planned to vote in the next 5 hours. Catch us in the next poll!

the voice

Help me out here , I could be wrong but who had SH beaten ? The teams they've played have one victory I think , if I'm wrong help me out ?

PA Dad

Quote from: the voice on September 21, 2016, 08:01:11 pm
Help me out here , I could be wrong but who had SH beaten ? The teams they've played have one victory I think , if I'm wrong help me out ?

LR Catholic, Jacksonville, and Lakeside.

the voice

PA Dad

Quote from: the voice on September 21, 2016, 08:44:31 pm
Right and they have combined for 1 win ?

I haven't checked but I'm sure you're right.

I think SH will lose to McClellan.  I think they are ranked based on being undefeated and their history.

the voice

GuvHog

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 19, 2016, 05:25:57 pm
Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't aware of the actual game details. It's much easier for us to make arguments for the teams we support because we know all of the details. For instance, Batesville beat Mountain Home while losing the ball four times inside the 25 yard line, 2 of those inside the 10. Hard to win a game like that.

I figured something like that happened to Batesville. There is no way that game is close if the Pioneers are playing well. That's why I still have Batesville in my top 10 this week. I just believe WC deserves to at least be #10.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas