• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A Fan Poll - Pre-Week 3 Top Ten (VOTE HERE FOR WEEK 4)

Started by AT, September 15, 2016, 04:39:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

September 15, 2016, 04:39:11 pm Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 07:43:43 pm by Almatrackster
5A FAN POLL PRE-WEEK 3 TOP TEN
1. Pulaski Academy - 137 (11) - A tough loss to a good Utah squad doesn't drop the Bruins, but it takes away their unanimous standing. The Bruins play another out of state team at Kentucky. I don't know much about them, but I'm guessing they are a solid team.

2. Wynne - 121 (3) - The Yellowjackets jump up 3 spots and grab a few first place votes. It seems the fans are somewhat impressed with their large margin of victory over a 6A school and solid 5A Maumelle. Wynne takes on Beebe this week. Fans will be looking for a big win there against a school that's lost to Greenbrier.

3. Alma - 112 - A tough loss to an average 7A school drops Alma one spot. Alma takes on the 6A juggernaut Greenwood. Could even a close loss move the Airedales up? Will a blowout have an affect on their ranking and what about the not so likely win? Could there be a new number one?

4. Little Rock McClellan - 81 - McClellan drops a spot after a loss to a solid 7A school in North Little Rock. This week, the Lions take on Hall and fans will be looking for a big win there. McClellan can't do much to help themselves this week.

5. Morrilton - 74 - Morrilton wasn't supposed to be able to help themselves this week against Fair. They didn't hurt themselves either, though, and move up 4 spots. Morrilton has a great chance this week to showcase they are here to contend with a game against a team that beat the always tough Batesville.

6. Sylvan Hills - 60 - Sylvan Hills jumps into the top ten with a one point win over Hot Springs Lakeside. Perhaps not the best margin of victory, but Sylvan Hills is winning right now and not against cupcakes. Most 5A schools have just moral victories to their name.

7. Batesville - 57 - After another loss to a 6A team, the Pioneers drop 3 spots. One might wonder when Batesville could drop out after losing, but I'm guessing a loss to Mountain Home would do it. I figure Batesville can't help themselves too much this week other than crushing Mountain Home.

8. Blytheville - 42 - The Chickasaws lost a two score game to a solid 6A school. With Marion coming up, they will have a common opponent with Wynne and fans will be able to compare the East a little better. Still, this team dropped one spot.

9. Greenbrier - 40 - A win against Heber Springs couldn't help much, dropping the Panthers one spot, but a win against Benton on the other hand might do them some favors in the polls. Greenbrier could escape with a victory and show the West they are for real.

10. Watson Chapel - 24 - Our #1 South school drops 4 spots and is at 10. Watson Chapel's loss to Pine Bluff was just a thing. Nothing good or bad about it, other than it's bad that it was a loss. WC has a big opportunity this week against Warren. They will have a common opponent with LRC and if WC keeps it close, they will probably stay here. If they don't, will the Wildcats drop out and leave no South teams in the top 10? Or will WC beat Warren and jump quite a bit?

Others receiving votes:
11. Harrison - 15
12. Hot Springs Lakeside - 3
13. Little Rock Christian - 2
13. Maumelle - 2

Pollsters: 14
PA Dad, The Future, Almatrackster, Jackets3, GuvHog, MDXPHD, woopork, AIREDALE25, Youngsta71701, Chip, TheSpecial, Fred Bird, Overdahill, MikeDiesel

MDXPHD

GuvHog

Quote from: Almatrackster on September 15, 2016, 04:39:11 pm
5A FAN POLL PRE-WEEK TOP TEN
1. Pulaski Academy - 137 (11) - A tough loss to a good Utah squad doesn't drop the Bruins, but it takes away their unanimous standing. The Bruins play another out of state team at Kentucky. I don't know much about them, but I'm guessing they are a solid team.

2. Wynne - 121 (3) - The Yellowjackets jump up 3 spots and grab a few first place votes. It seems the fans are somewhat impressed with their large margin of victory over a 6A school and solid 5A Maumelle. Wynne takes on Beebe this week. Fans will be looking for a big win there against a school that's lost to Greenbrier.

3. Alma - 112 - A tough loss to an average 7A school drops Alma one spot. Alma takes on the 6A juggernaut Greenwood. Could even a close loss move the Airedales up? Will a blowout have an affect on their ranking and what about the not so likely win? Could there be a new number one?

4. Little Rock McClellan - 81 - McClellan drops a spot after a loss to a solid 7A school in North Little Rock. This week, the Lions take on Hall and fans will be looking for a big win there. McClellan can't do much to help themselves this week.

5. Morrilton - 74 - Morrilton wasn't supposed to be able to help themselves this week against Fair. They didn't hurt themselves either, though, and move up 4 spots. Morrilton has a great chance this week to showcase they are here to contend with a game against a team that beat the always tough Batesville.

6. Sylvan Hills - 60 - Sylvan Hills jumps into the top ten with a one point win over Hot Springs Lakeside. Perhaps not the best margin of victory, but Sylvan Hills is winning right now and not against cupcakes. Most 5A schools have just moral victories to their name.

7. Batesville - 57 - After another loss to a 6A team, the Pioneers drop 3 spots. One might wonder when Batesville could drop out after losing, but I'm guessing a loss to Mountain Home would do it. I figure Batesville can't help themselves too much this week other than crushing Mountain Home.

8. Blytheville - 42 - The Chickasaws lost a two score game to a solid 6A school. With Marion coming up, they will have a common opponent with Wynne and fans will be able to compare the East a little better. Still, this team dropped one spot.

9. Greenbrier - 40 - A win against Heber Springs couldn't help much, dropping the Panthers one spot, but a win against Benton on the other hand might do them some favors in the polls. Greenbrier could escape with a victory and show the West they are for real.

10. Watson Chapel - 24 - Our #1 South school drops 4 spots and is at 10. Watson Chapel's loss to Pine Bluff was just a thing. Nothing good or bad about it, other than it's bad that it was a loss. WC has a big opportunity this week against Warren. They will have a common opponent with LRC and if WC keeps it close, they will probably stay here. If they don't, will the Wildcats drop out and leave no South teams in the top 10? Or will WC beat Warren and jump quite a bit?

Others receiving votes:
11. Harrison - 15
12. Hot Springs Lakeside - 3
13. Little Rock Christian - 2
13. Maumelle - 2

Pollsters: 14
PA Dad, The Future, Almatrackster, Jackets3, GuvHog, MDXPHD, woopork, AIREDALE25, Youngsta71701, Chip, TheSpecial, Fred Bird, Overdahill, MikeDiesel

Good job Almatrackster but for the record, WC does not play LRC unless they happen to meet in the playoffs.

woopork

Quote from: GuvHog on September 16, 2016, 10:34:44 am
Good job Almatrackster but for the record, WC does not play LRC unless they happen to meet in the playoffs.

He was saying that they will have a common opponent having both played Warren. That will be good to give us an idea as to how the South looks compared to the central. And after tonight we will have some comparison between West and Central. I know comparisons aren't worth much, but it's still fun to see through common opponents.

Go Postal

What's the deal on the Batesville/Mtn Home game?  8-6?  Is the Bombers getting better or what is the story?

Anyway, I think that the "spunky two-headed" Harrison team should be in the top 10 in the next poll.  But we will be going against the Devil Dogs in Morrilton.  That should gauge us a little better.

the voice

Postal I agree. And I think next week is a huge conference opener.  Should be an exciting match up.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Go Postal on September 17, 2016, 12:09:08 am
What's the deal on the Batesville/Mtn Home game?  8-6?  Is the Bombers getting better or what is the story?

Anyway, I think that the "spunky two-headed" Harrison team should be in the top 10 in the next poll.  But we will be going against the Devil Dogs in Morrilton.  That should gauge us a little better.

Batesville is struggling on offense. Majorly. They have turned it over around 12 times in their first three games and last night, 2 of their 4 turnovers were unforced and inside the 10 yard line. They will progress but if they don't turn the ball over, they beat searcy and the mt home game isn't close. Defense was put in a lot of tough situations last night and even with all of the turnovers held them to 6.

STUNNA

MDXPHD

September 17, 2016, 07:57:33 am #8 Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 08:10:52 am by MDXPHD
1. PA
2. Wynne

3. Morrilton

4. Alma
5. LRM
6. Blytheville
7. Harrison
8. Batesville
9. Sylvan Hills
10. Nettleton

I just can't rank anyone in the South right now. I also think the top two are way ahead of the rest, but not too far ahead of Morrilton.

GuvHog

September 17, 2016, 08:06:58 am #9 Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 08:14:55 am by GuvHog
Quote from: STUNNA on September 17, 2016, 07:28:34 am
Chapel drops!!!

Not surprising. Warren has a good team plus WC was without one of their best receivers for the whole game. Those 2 things coupled with Jakobi Jackson not starting or playing QB at all in the first half forcing Jaquan Dorsey to move from his starting WR spot to QB spelled disaster for WC. They scored on the first drive of the game but could not get anything going on offense for the rest of the first half which meant the WC defense was on the field way too much in the 1st half so by the 4th quarter, they were gassed and the Jacks took advantage as a good team would do.

WC did put 26 points on the board in the second half to cut the lead to 6 so I have to give the Cats credit for what was almost a great come back.

woopork

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 17, 2016, 07:57:33 am
1. PA
2. Wynne

3. Morrilton

4. Alma
5. LRM
6. Blytheville
7. Harrison
8. Batesville
9. Sylvan Hills
10. Nettleton

I just can't rank anyone in the South right now. I also think the top two are way ahead of the rest, but not too far ahead of Morrilton.

Only 6 undefeated teams now, granted Vilonia and White Hall haven't shown a whole lot as far as competition goes.
Batesville is 1-2 and their win is a 2 point win over Mt Home granted they are much improved this year. Surely you can find another team to fill in there.

MDXPHD

I cannot put white hall or vilonia above batesville. Batesville would beat either of them. White Hall could move up because of how weak the south is, but vilonia will struggle big time in conference.

GuvHog

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 17, 2016, 07:57:33 am
1. PA
2. Wynne

3. Morrilton

4. Alma
5. LRM
6. Blytheville
7. Harrison
8. Batesville
9. Sylvan Hills
10. Nettleton

Good point about the 5A South.

White Hall           3-0
Watson Chapel    1-2
Camden Fairview  1-2
HS Lakeside         0-3
Hope                  0-3

Weird.

sportsguy80

Quote from: GuvHog on September 17, 2016, 08:52:52 am
Good point about the 5A South.

White Hall           3-0
Watson Chapel    1-2
Camden Fairview  1-2
HS Lakeside         0-3
Hope                  0-3

Weird.
What's even more weird is that past history has shown when playoff time arrives one of these teams from the south usually emerges and makes a run. But I agree, I wouldn't place any of them in the top 10.

AT

AT

Top Ten Results

McCracken County, KY - 14
Pulaski Academy - 56

Wynne - 49
Beebe - 6

Greenwood - 35
Alma - 12

Little Rock McClellan - 52
Little Rock Hall - 0

Morrilton - 41
Searcy - 13

Jacksonville - 7
Sylvan Hills - 42

Batesville - 8
Mountain Home - 6

Blytheville - 34
Marion - 31

Benton - 58
Greenbrier - 21

Warren - 52
Watson Chapel - 32

AT

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Wynne
3. Little Rock McClellan
4. Sylvan Hills
5. Morrilton
6. Blytheville
7. Alma
8. Harrison
9. Little Rock Christian
10. Greenbrier

MDXPHD

Quote from: Almatrackster on September 17, 2016, 10:24:58 am
1. Pulaski Academy
2. Wynne
3. Little Rock McClellan
4. Sylvan Hills
5. Morrilton
6. Blytheville
7. Alma
8. Harrison
9. Little Rock Christian
10. Greenbrier

My vote was just above. Just so you don't miss it.

woopork

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 17, 2016, 08:48:07 am
I cannot put white hall or vilonia above batesville. Batesville would beat either of them. White Hall could move up because of how weak the south is, but vilonia will struggle big time in conference.

I don't think either of those two teams should be there. I was thinking a 2-1 team might be there, but after I thought through teams that could be there, I quickly realized there may not be any there.

AT

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 17, 2016, 10:32:34 am
My vote was just above. Just so you don't miss it.

I actually did see it, thanks for letting me know, though.

I'm curious as to your thoughts of Morrilton being close to the top 2 and Alma not being. I could see the top two being far above everyone else right now, but do you think if we switch schedules with Alma and Morrilton that their results would be much different? Honestly curious. I do think that Alma v Morrilton will be a great game.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Almatrackster on September 17, 2016, 11:00:50 am
I actually did see it, thanks for letting me know, though.

I'm curious as to your thoughts of Morrilton being close to the top 2 and Alma not being. I could see the top two being far above everyone else right now, but do you think if we switch schedules with Alma and Morrilton that their results would be much different? Honestly curious. I do think that Alma v Morrilton will be a great game.

I think morrilton is playing some good ball right now. I haven't seen either play, so I don't really know. I also think Alma is getting a ton of their credit for playing in 6A recently. I'm not sure they would be ranked so high if they had played 5A the last few years. The west will come down between them and Morrilton I believe and I guess I just think Morrilton will beat them. Where and when do they play each other?

AT

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 17, 2016, 11:06:09 am
I think morrilton is playing some good ball right now. I haven't seen either play, so I don't really know. I also think Alma is getting a ton of their credit for playing in 6A recently. I'm not sure they would be ranked so high if they had played 5A the last few years. The west will come down between them and Morrilton I believe and I guess I just think Morrilton will beat them. Where and when do they play each other?

Fair analysis.

Alma plays @ Morrilton week 6.

PA Dad

1.   Wynne- unless and until they lose

2.   PA -  probably still the team to beat

3.   Sylvan Hills - still undefeated.

4.   LR McClellan. -  tough out for any 5A team

5.   Morrilton-  good win over Searcy

6.   Alma - losses have been to higher classification teams, but a 1-2 record drops them 3 spots

7.   Blytheville - they may win the East

8.   Harrison - 3-0 with a good win over LRCA.

9.   Greenbrier- may be in the hunt in November

10.  Batesville-  not a good start to the season, but I bet they dial it up in conference play.

woopork

1. PA
2. Wynne
3. Alma
4. Morrilton
5. McClellan
6. Blytheville
7. Harrison
8. Sylvan Hills
9. Nettleton
10. Greenbrier/Batesville

Overdahill

1. PA
2. Wynne
3. MoTown
4. Alma
5. McClellan
6. SH
7. Bly
8. Batesville
9. Harrison
10. GB

GuvHog

1.  PA
2.  LR McClellan
3.  Wynne
4.  Alma
5.  Morrilton
6.  Batesville
7.  Blytheville
8.  Sylvan Hills
9.  Harrison
10. Watson Chapel

MikeDieselâ„¢

1. Wynne
2. PA
3. Morrilton
4. Alma
5. Blytheville
6. LR McClellan
7. Sylvan Hills
8. Greenbrier
9. Harrison
10. Batesville

DEVIL DOG HOG

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Wynne
3. Morrilton
4. Alma
5. Blytheville
6. L R McClellan
7. Harrison
8. Sylvan Hills
9. Little Rock Christian
10. White Hall

AT

Good numbers already. I believe we have 8 in. All pollsters are welcome as long as you are reasonable with your poll. Try to get them in by Wednesday night.

Kolsher

1. PA
2. LR McClellan
3. Wynne
4. SH
5. Alma
6. Batesville
7. Lrca
8. Greenbrier
9. Harrison
10. Hsls
Report t

the voice

😜. I wonder who is behind that poll?  LRCA lost to Harrison but still ahead in poll.

PA Dad

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on September 18, 2016, 04:45:09 pm
1. Pulaski Academy
2. Wynne
3. Morrilton
4. Alma
5. Blytheville
6. L R McClellan
7. Harrison
8. Sylvan Hills
9. Little Rock Christian
10. White Hall

White Hall is an interesting vote.  I can't fault it since they are undefeated.  But I'm interested in what the South posters think.  Is WH for real?

sportsguy80

Quote from: PA Dad on September 18, 2016, 07:59:08 pm
White Hall is an interesting vote.  I can't fault it since they are undefeated.  But I'm interested in what the South posters think.  Is WH for real?
It looks like that have no problem scoring. The biggest question mark with them is their level of competition or maybe lack of. Has anyone else saw them or know more because I'm curious as well.

TheSpecial

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Wynne
3. Little Rock McClellan
4. Morrilton
5. SH
6. Blytheville
7. Alma
8. Harrison
9. Little Rock Christian
10. Greenbrier

AT

Quote from: Kolsher on September 18, 2016, 06:39:58 pm
1. PA
2. LR McClellan
3. Wynne
4. SH
5. Alma
6. Batesville
7. Lrca
8. Greenbrier
9. Harrison
10. Hsls
Report t

I'm going to throw this poll out. Any objections? I hate to do it because it discourages new voters, but no Morrilton and having LRC above Harrison is a bit much.

If it was just LRC above Harrison, believe it or not, I might allow it. Because LRC only lost to Harrison by one score @ Harrison.

But both of those at the same time? Lakeside at 10 is somewhat questionable.

Please let me know what you guys think. It's out for now.

PA Dad

Quote from: Almatrackster on September 18, 2016, 09:23:02 pm
I'm going to throw this poll out. Any objections? I hate to do it because it discourages new voters, but no Morrilton and having LRC above Harrison is a bit much.

If it was just LRC above Harrison, believe it or not, I might allow it. Because LRC only lost to Harrison by one score @ Harrison.

But both of those at the same time? Lakeside at 10 is somewhat questionable.

Please let me know what you guys think. It's out for now.

I say count it.  Your criticism is valid and I don't question it.  Lakeside is questionable and so is putting LRCA over Harrison.  But, at this point, I think one could argue that Lakeside might well make the playoffs and LRCA might finish higher than Harrison in the West.  It's just not so far off base to justify not counting it.

AT

Quote from: PA Dad on September 18, 2016, 09:31:26 pm
I say count it.  Your criticism is valid and I don't question it.  Lakeside is questionable and so is putting LRCA over Harrison.  But, at this point, I think one could argue that Lakeside might well make the playoffs and LRCA might finish higher than Harrison in the West.  It's just not so far off base to justify not counting it.

But no Morrilton?

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: PA Dad on September 18, 2016, 07:59:08 pm

Must be.  The Ghost has been resurrected for some reason😳😳

the voice

Quote from: Almatrackster on September 18, 2016, 09:34:37 pm
But no Morrilton?
He left Morrilton out on purpose to get a rise out folks. Pretty obvious. Count it or don't , I can be just fine either way. 😉( polishing championship ring )

PA Dad

Quote from: Almatrackster on September 18, 2016, 09:34:37 pm
But no Morrilton?

Good point.  That's nearly impossible to justify and I ignored that. 

But, I still hate to throw out a vote.  It's almost like saying votes for Jill Klein shouldn't be counted because she has no chance of winning.

As you noted, I hate to discourage new posters.  But, I understand your rationale.  My vote is still to count the ballot.

Rick Swines

1. PA
2. Wynne
3. Morrilton
4. Alma
5. Blytheville
6. Batesville
7. McClellan
8. White hall
9. Nettleton
10. Maumelle

PA Dad

Quote from: Rick Swines on September 18, 2016, 09:52:36 pm
1. PA
2. Wynne
3. Morrilton
4. Alma
5. Blytheville
6. Batesville
7. McClellan
8. White hall
9. Nettleton
10. Maumelle

Welcome aboard!  It's always good to see new posters.

What team do you root for?

PA Dad

Quote from: the voice on September 18, 2016, 09:42:56 pm
He left Morrilton out on purpose to get a rise out folks. Pretty obvious. Count it or don't , I can be just fine either way. 😉( polishing championship ring )

Confidence is contagious.  I like it.

the voice

Well it's a 2013 ring , took a long time to get it and we are proud of it. Hope to add another, hopefully won't be as long between.

ROLLINtheDICE

1.PA
2.Morrilton
3.Wynne
4.LRM
5.Alma
6.Blytheville
7.Harrison
8.SH
9.WH
10.Batesville

WPWells

1. PA
2. Wynne
3. Alma
4. Morrilton
5. McClellan
6. Watson Chapel
7. Harrison
8. Batesville
9. Sylvan Hills
10. White Hall

PA Dad

Quote from: Fred Bird on September 18, 2016, 10:47:27 pm
1. PA
2. Wynne
3. Alma
4. Morrilton
5. McClellan
6. Watson Chapel
7. Harrison
8. Batesville
9. Sylvan Hills
10. White Hall

This is all fun and we all have our opinions/ biases.  But WC at number 6?  That seems a stretch to me.

WPWells

If I root for anyone in the 5A it's Alma and Harrison. Not sure where you're getting the idea that I'm biased

PA Dad

Quote from: Fred Bird on September 18, 2016, 10:53:22 pm
If I root for anyone in the 5A it's Alma and Harrison. Not sure where you're getting the idea that I'm biased

I didn't mean to say you are biased.  I meant that we are all biased, including me.  I just question putting WC at number 6 based on their record to date.

The fun in doing the poll is to see, and question, the differences in opinions.  I meant no offense.

Youngsta71701

September 19, 2016, 07:31:50 am #49 Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 07:41:29 am by Youngsta71701
1. Pulaski Academy (2-1)
2. Wynne (3-0)
3. Sylvan Hills (3-0)
4. McClellan (2-1)
5. Morrilton (2-1)
6. Harrison (3-0)
7. Blytheville (2-1)
8. Greenbrier (2-1)
9. Alma (1-2)
10. Batesville (1-2)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas