• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Camden Fairview vs Texarkana

Started by Youngsta71701, September 13, 2016, 01:47:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngsta71701

Thoughts and Predictions?

I say if Camden Fairview protects the ball they pull off the mild upset.

GuvHog

I'll go with Texarkana by 7.

When is the last time CF went 1-2 in non-conference play??

The A-Team

I agree. If we protect the ball and our d-backs cover we will win.

Cardinalboi07

Quote from: GuvHog on September 13, 2016, 05:00:16 pm
I'll go with Texarkana by 7.

When is the last time CF went 1-2 in non-conference play??
Last year  :-\ This isnt the Texarkana of old that I remember lining up against that had the Brandon Barnetts, Rod smith's cousins and dennis johnson's but they are still about as fast as the Cardinals. No studs but their team speed is pretty decent. Key to win for offense is to take care of the ball, defense key is to wrap up and get pressure on their QB early.

AHS06

Quote from: Cardinalboi07 on September 14, 2016, 08:23:55 am
Last year  :-\ This isnt the Texarkana of old that I remember lining up against that had the Brandon Barnetts, Rod smith's cousins and dennis johnson's but they are still about as fast as the Cardinals. No studs but their team speed is pretty decent. Key to win for offense is to take care of the ball, defense key is to wrap up and get pressure on their QB early.
Rod Smith's cousins?  You are correct we aren't vintage Texarkana with massive lines and a beast in the backfield.  The talent level is definitely still here in Texarkana but we have horrible coaching.  We have struggled for years to put points on the board.  Our defensive will be solid but they usually wear down with no production from the offense.   The best chance for the Cardinals to win this game is to knock our o-line in the mouth and pressure the QB.  If they fail to do so and let the offense find themselves, you'll be looking at an identical El Dorado final score.

Texarkana by 10

Cardinalboi07

Quote from: AHS06 on September 16, 2016, 06:40:19 am
Rod Smith's cousins?  You are correct we aren't vintage Texarkana with massive lines and a beast in the backfield.  The talent level is definitely still here in Texarkana but we have horrible coaching.  We have struggled for years to put points on the board.  Our defensive will be solid but they usually wear down with no production from the offense.   The best chance for the Cardinals to win this game is to knock our o-line in the mouth and pressure the QB.  If they fail to do so and let the offense find themselves, you'll be looking at an identical El Dorado final score.

Texarkana by 10
Yea not sure if he had cousins playing on the team or not, but it was rumored lol. Rod Smith was a beast. We havent seen speed that is identical to ours in a long time. I just know when we played TK in junior high and on up it was always a track meet and a good fun game. Im hoping our boys arent getting too caught up in the records because it doesn't do the talent justice

AHS06

Quote from: Cardinalboi07 on September 16, 2016, 11:05:45 am
Yea not sure if he had cousins playing on the team or not, but it was rumored lol. Rod Smith was a beast. We havent seen speed that is identical to ours in a long time. I just know when we played TK in junior high and on up it was always a track meet and a good fun game. Im hoping our boys arent getting too caught up in the records because it doesn't do the talent justice
What years did you play?  Yeah speed for speed we will most likely have the fastest team Camden will face all year.  The sad part is that the coaching actually justifies the record.  We're 19-36 over the past 5 years.

Cardinalboi07

Quote from: AHS06 on September 16, 2016, 11:50:11 am
What years did you play?  Yeah speed for speed we will most likely have the fastest team Camden will face all year.  The sad part is that the coaching actually justifies the record.  We're 19-36 over the past 5 years.
I just played in junior high but my i graduated in 2007. What happened to the last coach that was there doing the state champs in 06 and 07?

AHS06

Quote from: Cardinalboi07 on September 16, 2016, 12:25:57 pm
I just played in junior high but my i graduated in 2007. What happened to the last coach that was there doing the state champs in 06 and 07?
He's the head coach at SAU and has been there since 2009.  We have pee wee coach now, who probably should coaching 2A.

The Future

Redbird88

Quote from: AHS06 on September 16, 2016, 12:52:32 pm
He's the head coach at SAU and has been there since 2009.  We have pee wee coach now, who probably should coaching 2A.
CF had a group of the very same coaches for two years !!! Let's just say the tits finally fell off the boar hawg 😊

Cardinalboi07

Quote from: Redbird88 on September 16, 2016, 02:00:00 pm
CF had a group of the very same coaches for two years !!! Let's just say the tits finally fell off the boar hawg 😊

lmbo! I like that one better than Jerry Jone's "circumcising a mosquito"! And I didnt know Keople came to SAU right after TK, thought he coached there in the early 90's for some reason. But yes, good coach He brought SAU out of some dark times that's for sure.

Beardad

September 16, 2016, 04:13:56 pm #12 Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 11:41:12 pm by Beardad
Burdine was a class act.....leading 42-0 in a high school game, then when 2nd team Razorbacks gave up 21 unanswered 2nd half points, he put his 1st team back in to score, then went for 2 with 6 minutes left in the game to try to make the score 50-21, the Razorbacks got stopped on the 2 pt attempt, then he attempted an onside to try to get the ball back.

During the onside, a kid for the opposing team got his neck broke trying to recover the ball.  He laid face down in the dirt (texarkana's field SUCKED pre-turf) for 2 hours before he was secured on a stretcher and taken to the hospital.

Sounds like you've got a history of peewee coaches in Texarkana!! 

AHS06

Quote from: Beardad on September 16, 2016, 04:13:56 pm
Keopple is a class act.....leading 42-0 in a high school game, then when 2nd team Razorbacks gave up 21 unanswered 2nd half points, he put his 1st team back in to score, then went for 2 with 6 minutes left in the game to try to make the score 50-21, the Razorbacks got stopped on the 2 pt attempt, then he attempted an onside to try to get the ball back.

During the onside, a kid for the opposing team got his neck broke trying to recover the ball.  He laid face down in the dirt (texarkana's field SUCKED pre-turf) for 2 hours before he was secured on a stretcher and taken to the hospital.

Sounds like you've always had peewee coaches in Texarkana!!  Best 48-21 win in Keopple's history.  He still deserves a fat lip for that ordeal.
What game and year was this?  We got turf in 2005 and actually new turf last year.  Keopple came during the 2003 season.

AHS06

Quote from: Cardinalboi07 on September 16, 2016, 03:48:37 pm
lmbo! I like that one better than Jerry Jone's "circumcising a mosquito"! And I didnt know Keople came to SAU right after TK, thought he coached there in the early 90's for some reason. But yes, good coach He brought SAU out of some dark times that's for sure.
He definitely turned SAU around and they are in for a good season this year.  Keopple brought the spread offense to Arkansas High.  Coach Burdine was the coach during the 90s and beginning the 2000s.  That's during the time when we had a powerful running game.

Beardad

September 16, 2016, 11:40:07 pm #15 Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 11:42:11 pm by Beardad
I'm sorry. I'm totally wrong.  My apologies to Keopple. It was Burdine. 2001

Edited last post as well. Might help to know who I'm talking about before I go to running my mouth. Maybe why I always got beat up in school.

The A-Team

Good game! Cardinals had their chances. I thought we played great in the first half and settled in the second half. I'm not totally impressed with the OC.

AHS06

Quote from: The A-Team on September 17, 2016, 12:09:31 am
Good game! Cardinals had their chances. I thought we played great in the first half and settled in the second half. I'm not totally impressed with the OC.
Camden did a good job late in the 2nd quarter to not let the game get out of control.  I haven't been impressed with our offensive for years.

Great game for both teams heading into conference.  The Cardinals will definitely be in the mix for the 5A SW conference.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Redbird88 on September 16, 2016, 02:00:00 pm
+10,000...lol... ;D

Youngsta71701

Quote from: The A-Team on September 17, 2016, 12:09:31 am
Don't forget we had 2 dropped touchdown passes and 2 dropped first down passes.

Cardinalboi07

OMG those drops really hurt! We moved the ball well. They were targeting #9 and he still managed 90 plus yards that's a sign of good play calling. Some plays fell flat but I felt like they were in attempt to set up other plays because the opportunities were there. I cant wait for Friday to see we can gage what we will do in 5A play. BTW, Texarkana is no slouch

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas