• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PA parents sues AAA

Started by LC sports, September 10, 2016, 12:10:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Perry 2.11

My gawd. Either lock this thread or you guys stop beating a dead horse. Makes a lot of sense to sit here and argue over a moot point that is not going to change your day in anyway whatsoever.....except to sit here and try to convince everyone that your argument is valid and you are right and everyone needs to accept it.

The bottom line is mommy should have kept her trap shut. IT'S ONE FLIPPIN GAME! YOUR KID IS A JR. HE HAS THE REST OF THIS YEAR AND ALL OF NEXT YEAR. QUIT ACTING LIKE A SPOILED BABY.

Really don't understand how anyone can defend her.

Honestly...it's just embarrassing.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Steve Perry 2.11 on September 23, 2016, 10:10:30 am
My gawd. Either lock this thread or you guys stop beating a dead horse. Makes a lot of sense to sit here and argue over a moot point that is not going to change your day in anyway whatsoever.....except to sit here and try to convince everyone that your argument is valid and you are right and everyone needs to accept it.

The bottom line is mommy should have kept her trap shut. IT'S ONE FLIPPIN GAME! YOUR KID IS A JR. HE HAS THE REST OF THIS YEAR AND ALL OF NEXT YEAR. QUIT ACTING LIKE A SPOILED BABY.

Not locking it until you post another picture or two....

Chief_Osceola™

September 23, 2016, 10:14:00 am #652 Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 10:15:55 am by Chief_Osceola™
Quote from: Oldbadger on September 23, 2016, 09:49:54 am
I can say this, if I had had the resources and lived in the immediate geographical area, I would have sent my kids to PA.  I would have purely for academic reasons.  As it was they all graduated from Arkadelphia, went to HSU and obtained teaching degrees.  They are proud of what they accomplished.  It isn't the fact that PA is a private school that offers a much better education than most LR schools that cause most of the ill feelings toward PA.  It is a perceived "greater than thou" attitude that some people feel exists from PA and their alums.  I specifically chose the word "perceived" because I don't personally feel that is actually true.  Sometimes, however, the actions of a few are construed to be the way all feel.  Thus ill feelings develop when any "one" incident occurs.  For example, the championship game last year and of course the subject of this thread.  I know a few people from PA and have had relatives graduate from there.  There are very good people who do not give the perception that they are "greater than thou".  So, in this respect, perhaps we should "tone it down" and have a civil discussion concerning the pros and cons of an issue rather than attack each other personally.  I intend to watch my posts for this, I hope we all can. And, in closing, I will use the words of the great Paul Harvey, "Good day".

My kids went to elementary school with and played sports with and against a number of kids who are now at LRCA, PA, Catholic, etc.  The large majority of those were really good kids with good families, and we are still good friends with these people.  There were also some turds, who seem to personify the 'bad apple ruins the bucket' adage.  The exact same thing is true with Maumelle.  We have met and know a lot of really quality kids and families.  We have also met some there that are turds.  The point is, private schools and public schools both have a portion of quality people as well as those who fit the stereotypes.  I can understand how perception becomes reality to a lot of people based on their personal experiences with those they come in contact with.  I can also understand that those perceptions are unfair to those who don't fit the stereotypes.  It's always going to be a hot button topic because there will always be those who do fit the stereotypes.  Personally, I couldn't care less what someone's school of choice is, or what their economic standing is, or what they do for a living.  If someone treats me with respect, they will receive it in kind.  If someone shows contempt or snubs his nose at me, then he will be treated in kind.  The quote 'those who matter don't mind; those who mind don't matter' is pretty apt. 

$aintMaximu$

My vote for best poster on this thread is Steve Perry....

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on September 23, 2016, 10:11:44 am
Not locking it until you post another picture or two....

One or two more from the Fast Times scene will DEFINITELY get the thread locked, deleted, and would put Mr. Perry on an extended vacation from FF. 

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on September 23, 2016, 10:18:41 am
One or two more from the Fast Times scene will DEFINITELY get the thread locked, deleted, and would put Mr. Perry on an extended vacation from FF.

I don't think I have ever watched that... Sounds like I need to...

minerjack

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on September 22, 2016, 07:32:36 pm
These are facts:
More students on scholarship do not play sports than do play.
Not one student on campus has more than a 1/2 scholarship, meaning all pay at least $6,000 per year.
In order for any athlete to receive a scholarship, an independent third party must review and approve the financials and application.
Any athlete on scholarship has their financials and amount of aid sent to the AAA. The very AAA that "PA tries to skirt" reviews each scholarship. 

Some on here, in particular ErrWarren, Venny and Miner like to spread their opinion as facts, but the above is completely accurate.  If you have prove its not, then please post it on this board and turn it into the AAA.
As I've been instructed, I will not post specifics.  Pulaski Academy and "third parties" are very good at documentation, and as long as the documents are receipted to the correct people, the AAA can not cry foul.  Third parties are used in many situations so there is no paper trail.  And, I'll leave it at that.

And, unless PA meets Warren or Bauxite in anything other than a non conference game, such as a playoff game, I won't have beef with what goes on inside and outside those walls.

So, until then, you shouldn't have to worry.   ;)  I'm a lot closer to that program than most of you think  ;D

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: minerjack on September 23, 2016, 10:21:36 am
As I've been instructed, I will not post specifics.  Pulaski Academy and "third parties" are very good at documentation, and as long as the documents are receipted to the correct people, the AAA can not cry foul.  Third parties are used in many situations so there is no paper trail.  And, I'll leave it at that.

And, unless PA meets Warren or Bauxite in anything other than a non conference game, such as a playoff game, I won't have beef with what goes on inside and outside those walls.

So, until then, you shouldn't have to worry.   ;)  I'm a lot closer to that program than most of you think  ;D

Can you PM a blueprint so we can implement at Shiloh?

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: minerjack on September 23, 2016, 10:21:36 am

Thanks Deep Throat. Glad to know that you are on top of this.

minerjack

Quote from: ricepig on September 22, 2016, 08:09:26 pm
How well do you know Fred?
We get tickets to Fred's box at the Memphis games.  He always asks my uncle to pilot the flyovers just before kickoff.  He did the Arkansas vs. Kansas State game this year, also.  Along with most Memphis home games.  Fred is a nice guy, and he knows how hard my uncle works for him.

minerjack

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on September 23, 2016, 10:31:46 am
Can you PM a blueprint so we can implement at Shiloh?
It's easy.  All you have to do is donate multiple thousands of dollars!

minerjack

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on September 23, 2016, 10:36:30 am
Thanks Deep Throat. Glad to know that you are on top of this.
Thank one of your assistant coaches.  And former player.

$aintMaximu$

Let's settle this on Jerry Springer!!!

Jerry.... Jerry.... Jerry....

minerjack

And two "donaters" who "donate."

minerjack

I used to not care for you guys, SaintMaximus.  Used to hate Shiloh with a passion.  I met a former player on a cruise a couple years ago and he had a lot of great things to say about Bauxite when we played them in 95 and then again in 06-07. I really like your enthusiasm, though!   ;D 

Steve Perry 2.11

Let's take a poll.

Who thought my last two pics were vulgar or inappropriate?

I'm targeted whatever I do on here.

Steve Perry 2.11

Lanny promised me Diplomatic Immunity.

I see he hasn't properly communicated that with all of his mods.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Steve Perry 2.11 on September 23, 2016, 11:10:48 am
Let's take a poll.

Maybe somebody you've trolled into oblivion has a long memory. I thought both pics were neither of the above. C'est la vie when you're a celebrity.

Brian G

This thread is having enough trouble without that on here.

And you know that's not something we do on FF.

I gave some leeway and you pushed it harder.

I did it. No apology coming.

minerjack

Quote from: PA Dad on September 22, 2016, 09:14:16 pm
All I know is what was in the DG today.  I may get this wrong, but I think he said he was ready to sit the kid for the East game before the injunction was issued.  And I know the PA administration and coaches said they were not behind or involved in the lawsuit.
Maybe.  But he also wants to keep a happy mom of the player.  And, if for some reason she is unhappy... KK might have a squealer...  I'm sure he knows a squealer when he sees one...

MB Hog

Quote from: Steve Perry 2.11 on September 23, 2016, 10:10:30 am

Most of the posts aren't about the game anymore anyway.

I'm guessing AirWarren is hoping the thread gets locked so he will have a better excuse not to give real answers to my questions about his choice between Vandy and UAM.   :)

Steve Perry 2.11

Quote from: B.G. on September 23, 2016, 11:27:38 am
I did it. No apology coming.

And I don't expect one BG.  I'm a big boy.

I just think you guys overkill the moderation sometimes.

And by overkill, I mean you choke it to death.

Steve Perry 2.11

Quote from: B.G. on September 23, 2016, 11:27:38 am
This thread is having enough trouble without that on here.

Hence the question...."why not lock it....what good is coming from it"?

purpleswag

Quote from: MB Hog on September 23, 2016, 08:30:50 am
Sitting once was out of the coach's hands.  Because the parent brought the injunction (without PA's involvement), the coach would have had to sit him twice if he sat him for the Utah game.  CKK probably didn't feel like the young man deserved to sit twice.

In that case, he should have sat him so it would discourage any future issues from parents. If you aren't part of the solution you're part of the problem, so by playing him CKK was putting his stamp of approval on the actions taken.

MB Hog

Quote from: purpleswag on September 23, 2016, 11:37:44 am
In that case, he should have sat him so it would discourage any future issues from parents. If you aren't part of the solution you're part of the problem, so by playing him CKK was putting his stamp of approval on the actions taken.
Like I said, he didn't feel like 2 games was deserved.  Probably didn't even feel like one game was deserved, but he was prepared to comply.  CKK has to do right by his players and their families as well as the AAA.  If the kid was a problem kid and had a history of issues, CKK may have done exactly what you said.  But since the kid is exemplary on and off the field, CKK was more lenient. 

You may say his swipe at the guy on the field wasn't exemplary, but it was an understandable reaction to having his helmet removed by force.

minerjack

Quote from: MB Hog on September 23, 2016, 11:45:20 am
Like I said, he didn't feel like 2 games was deserved.
Just because a kid has a good rap sheet, doesn't mean it shouldn't be enforced when something wrong does happen.

Probably didn't even feel like one game was deserved

Of course he didn't.  Even though it says, "if enforced, this is the penalty." 

How can someone think that if they do something that is wrong that they shouldn't have to pay the penalty for it.  The video clearly shows that he retaliated.  And KK probably doesn't feel like one game is deserved.  Even though that's what it says in the rule book?

bigchief72455

Quote from: minerjack on September 23, 2016, 12:00:26 pm
Just because a kid has a good rap sheet, doesn't mean it shouldn't be enforced when something wrong does happen.

Of course he didn't.  Even though it says, "if enforced, this is the penalty." 

How can someone think that if they do something that is wrong that they shouldn't have to pay the penalty for it.  The video clearly shows that he retaliated.  And KK probably doesn't feel like one game is deserved.  Even though that's what it says in the rule book?
Watching the video is pretty clear. The "swipe" also required him to take a step toward the other player. He was being pulled back. He could have kept going,but taking a step towards looks like intent to me.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Steve Perry 2.11 on September 23, 2016, 11:10:48 am
Let's take a poll.

Those pics are fine... I've seen worse in the last 5 minutes driving back to work...  "cowgirl expresso" has girls in bikinis holding signs to wash bikes for BBB... I have no problems with the pics...  Actually wish I had a bike.... 

MB Hog

Quote from: bigchief72455 on September 23, 2016, 01:08:04 pm
Watching the video is pretty clear. The "swipe" also required him to take a step toward the other player. He was being pulled back. He could have kept going,but taking a step towards looks like intent to me.
We've talked through the call many times and I've already said I agree with the call as it was made on the field (after seeing the replay).  I'm finished talking about the call, CKK, and the AAA.

Unless you are AirWarren finally giving me real answers to my Vandy vs. UAM questions, I'm finished with my participation in the discussion.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: minerjack on September 23, 2016, 10:59:29 am
I used to not care for you guys, SaintMaximus.  Used to hate Shiloh with a passion.  I met a former player on a cruise a couple years ago and he had a lot of great things to say about Bauxite when we played them in 95 and then again in 06-07. I really like your enthusiasm, though!   ;D

I used to hate Shiloh with a passion too... In high school I was banned from all basketball games for something I did at a Shiloh game that I can't say on this board... But after school I started going to cross church, had a major issue at Farmington and moved my kids when they were young to Shiloh.  New school, new set of problems...  Just like at PA, Bentonville, Greenland you always have a few rotten apples that can spoil the entire cart... I enjoy high school football all together... I would actually love to watch PA play because I like the unique style they play.  I have only watched them play once and it was against Shiloh in the finals.  I did watch Shiloh play Bauxite as well and have nothing bad to say about Bauxite...  Trying to have a little fun on the board and hopefully not get banned  8)....  I do have a history that's not in my favor  :o

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: MB Hog on September 23, 2016, 01:20:10 pm
We've talked through the call many times and I've already said I agree with the call as it was made on the field (after seeing the replay).  I'm finished talking about the call, CKK, and the AAA.

Unless you are AirWarren finally giving me real answers to my Vandy vs. UAM questions, I'm finished with my participation in the discussion.

Airwarren and I are having lunch right now... He said Vandy....  Oh and he is also about 6'3", my best guess... 

MB Hog

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on September 23, 2016, 01:27:30 pm
Airwarren and I are having lunch right now... He said Vandy....  Oh and he is also about 6'3", my best guess...
And yuuggee hands, I sure.   ;D

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: MB Hog on September 23, 2016, 01:29:09 pm
And yuuggee hands, I sure.   ;D

Nope, tiny hands.... And drives a huge jacked up truck...

AirWarren

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on September 23, 2016, 01:29:59 pm
Nope, tiny hands.... And drives a huge jacked up truck...

Haha. I drive a modest 2WD truck.

GuvHog

Like I said, he didn't feel like 2 games was deserved.  Probably didn't even feel like one game was deserved, but he was prepared to comply.  CKK has to do right by his players and their families as well as the AAA.  If the kid was a problem kid and had a history of issues, CKK may have done exactly what you said.  But since the kid is exemplary on and off the field, CKK was more lenient. 

You may say his swipe at the guy on the field wasn't exemplary, but it was an understandable reaction to having his helmet removed by force.

Where are you getting this "2 games" nonsense???

MB Hog

Quote from: GuvHog on September 23, 2016, 02:56:05 pm
Where are you getting this "2 games" nonsense???
Hidden somewhere in the 14 pages of discussion. 8)

GuvHog

Quote from: MB Hog on September 23, 2016, 03:53:23 pm
Hidden somewhere in the 14 pages of discussion. 8)

Whoever said that is wrong. If PA had sat the boy out for that game, the AAA wouldn't make him sit out again if (when) they deny his appeal. They would have let the matter go. Because they didn't set the boy out, PA now is at a high risk of being sanctioned by the AAA for not suspending the boy in addition to having to hold the boy out of a later game. That was not a smart move by the PA HC.

MB Hog

Quote from: AirWarren on September 23, 2016, 08:02:33 am
Again. No problem with either. Full ride is a full ride and go wherever student loan debt after graduation is not an issue. That is the best advice I can give as a parent in this economic climate.

I was first thing on your mind this morning honey, did you sleep well?

With that said. Best of luck to Pa this week and the rest of the season. This hot coal will eventually fade on, hopefully Kevin K will follow through with his player and everyone can move on. Enjoy the rest of the thread. My opinions have been spoken and my opinions are strong but like everyone else's opinion, offers little to no solution.

Quote from: MB Hog on September 23, 2016, 08:28:23 am
I was just giving you time to see if you would answer. 

I see you are avoiding making a choice between Vandy and UAM... just saying go with the full ride.  But since you have such disdain for private schools and wouldn't want your kid exposed to people who think going to a school like Vanderbilt is going to give them a leg up coming out of college compared to regular schools, your advice to your kid would have to be to choose UAM over Vandy.  You said they couldn't pay you to go to a Harvard, Princeton, etc., so I assume they couldn't pay you to send your kids to go to one of those places either.  I mean, why would you send your kids somewhere where you wouldn't go because those are just status-symbol schools?

I have a feeling you are bowing out of this thread because you are having to answer some tough questions yourself instead of getting to play offense.  Otherwise, come back with some real answers to this scenario and explain why you would choose what you would choose.

If you would choose Vanderbilt, is it because this might open more doors for your children when they graduate?  If you choose UAM, is it because of your hate of the status schools?  And what if your kid wanted to choose Vandy over UAM.  Would you tell them no because of your disdain for the kids and parents who choose to spend more money to go there?  Or would you let them go there even though you hate those types of schools and the people associated with them?

If you can give real answers to these questions without using a bunch of snarky remarks and insults, then maybe we can wrap this up on a good note.

If you choose not to answer because you are finished with this thread, then I figure you don't have the right answers that will justify your side of the debate.
Good afternoon.  For someone with so many opinions, your deflections followed by your silence on these questions speaks volumes.  We both know what your answer is and why you won't share it here.  Honey, your silence is golden!

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: GuvHog on September 23, 2016, 05:00:03 pm
Whoever said that is wrong. If PA had sat the boy out for that game, the AAA wouldn't make him sit out again if (when) they deny his appeal. They would have let the matter go. Because they didn't set the boy out, PA now is at a high risk of being sanctioned by the AAA for not suspending the boy in addition to having to hold the boy out of a later game. That was not a smart move by the PA HC.
I'm not sure that is correct. Voluntarily sitting out a game is not the same as serving a suspension.

Will be interesting to see if he plays tonight. I'm sure some assistant coach has already leaked the starting lineup to Miner.

GuvHog

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on September 23, 2016, 05:27:05 pm
I'm not sure that is correct. Voluntarily sitting out a game is not the same as serving a suspension.

Will be interesting to see if he plays tonight. I'm sure some assistant coach has already leaked the starting lineup to Miner.

It's correct. The Judge specifically stated that his ruling did not clear PA to play the boy and that it was PA's decision to make but that they could face sanctions for refusing to comply with a AAA order if the boy's appeal is denied and would also be forced to suspend the boy in a later game too.

All the judge's order did was bar the AAA from denying the boys appeal without it going through the complete process.

Brian G

Locked for the evening.

Let's play ball!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas