• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PA at Salt Lake City East

Started by PA Dad, September 03, 2016, 04:43:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hornet4ever

Quote from: PA Dad on September 06, 2016, 10:57:10 pm
I did indeed enjoy it.  And I'll still make all of the PA home games.  I just love high school football.

Awesome! I dont venture onto the 5A boards much. Usually stay on the 2A boards. I have seen Pulaski play a few times however. Probably my favorite game with PA was the 2006 state championship game between them and Greenwood. Awesome game.... Would like to catch some of their games again soon.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: PA Dad on September 06, 2016, 10:57:10 pm
I did indeed enjoy it.  And I'll still make all of the PA home games.  I just love high school football.
Hey me to,nothing like those Friday night lights

PA Dad

Quote from: Hornet4ever on September 06, 2016, 11:00:47 pm
Awesome! I dont venture onto the 5A boards much. Usually stay on the 2A boards. I have seen Pulaski play a few times however. Probably my favorite game with PA was the 2006 state championship game between them and Greenwood. Awesome game.... Would like to catch some of their games again soon.

That was probably the best high school game I've ever seen.  It just ended the wrong way!

Overdahill

Quote from: PA Dad on September 07, 2016, 10:56:45 am
That was probably the best high school game I've ever seen.  It just ended the wrong way!

yep, a true classic

MDXPHD

When does PA head out? They're gonna miss half this week's classes. I'm worried about their academics.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 07, 2016, 05:12:43 pm
When does PA head out? They're gonna miss half this week's classes. I'm worried about their academics.

And we appreciate your concern.

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on September 07, 2016, 06:29:07 pm

Thanks. I always look out for the students' best interests.

HeberFan

Quote from: PA Dad on September 07, 2016, 06:29:07 pm

Something tells me PA prepared for being out of town.

beach bum

September 07, 2016, 06:53:24 pm #58 Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 08:14:11 pm by beach bum
Quote from: MDXPHD on September 07, 2016, 05:12:43 pm

I am fairly certain kids at PA are the last kids you need to worry about their academics. I imagine 99% or 100% of them will go to school at the next level because of their intelligence while others go because of their intelligence AND athletic ability. I personally would not send my kids to private school, but PA is the only one in the state I would as they are a true college prep school with no religious affiliation attached to the school like CAC, Baptist Prep, or LR Christian.
    Next, you can fly almost anywhere in the world in 24 hours if you don't have long layovers in between. They won't, but PA could leave in the morning on Friday for Salt Lake City and be back on Saturday if they wanted. Will they? No, but they won't miss that much time from this. It takes about 4.5 hours to fly from Little Rock to Salt Lake City. There are conference games in the 6A West with longer bus rides.

HeberFan

I know nothing about this Salt Lake team. Can anyone help?

Overdahill

Quote from: HeberFan on September 07, 2016, 06:54:43 pm
I know nothing about this Salt Lake team. Can anyone help?

Drumroll......enter MDXPHD ;D

PA Dad

Quote from: Overdahill on September 07, 2016, 07:17:43 pm

Drumroll......enter MDXPHD ;D

Come on, leave MDX alone.  We know he's the foremost expert on PA's opponents!

Overdahill

Quote from: PA Dad on September 07, 2016, 08:15:49 pm
Come on, leave MDX alone.  We know he's the foremost expert on PA's opponents!

We needed him looking out for academics at my high school; we took the whole season off from classes if we were in the title hunt :o (JK)

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Overdahill on September 07, 2016, 08:28:58 pmwe took the whole season off from classes if we were in the title hunt :o (JK)

As it should be.

HeberFan

Chin Music

Quote from: PA Dad on September 08, 2016, 10:35:54 am
Here's an interesting article on the game:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865661899/High-school-football-East-to-take-on-a-unique-bag-of-tricks-when-facing-Pulaski.html

Good article.  I wonder what the coach meant by saying it "helps recruiting." 

I'm not a PA fan but respect them and will be rooting for them this weekend. 

PA Dad

Quote from: Chin Music on September 08, 2016, 11:58:16 am
Good article.  I wonder what the coach meant by saying it "helps recruiting." 

I'm not a PA fan but respect them and will be rooting for them this weekend.

I noticed that too.  Maybe recruiting is allowed in Utah.

Overdahill

Quote from: PA Dad on September 08, 2016, 12:36:55 pm
I noticed that too.  Maybe recruiting is allowed in Utah.

Im thinking he meant college but it would also help to get guys already walking the halls at a school interested in playing ball. HS kids are drawn to the spotlight

MDXPHD

All I know is that East looks good on paper. A win by PA would thrust them into the number one spot in the country probably, as they should be.

I read an article about them getting a kid from Florida a couple of years ago. He had gotten into some trouble and wasn't allowed to play in Florida anymore I don't think, then went and lived with some family friends in Utah. I quickly skimmed this article so I may be missing the details, but that's a quick summary. Maybe they are allowed to recruit? And if they aren't, I'm sure they abide by those rules like everyone in our state does.

beach bum

September 08, 2016, 03:03:46 pm #70 Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 03:06:03 pm by beach bum
Quote from: MDXPHD on September 08, 2016, 02:57:13 pm
All I know is that East looks good on paper. A win by PA would thrust them into the number one spot in the country probably, as they should be.

I read an article about them getting a kid from Florida a couple of years ago. He had gotten into some trouble and wasn't allowed to play in Florida anymore I don't think, then went and lived with some family friends in Utah. I quickly skimmed this article so I may be missing the details, but that's a quick summary. Maybe they are allowed to recruit? And if they aren't, I'm sure they abide by those rules like everyone in our state does.

We all know Mormons know how to recruit haha. The whole time in South America I would randomly get asked if I was Mormon when they saw 4 white people together because they are so used to Mormons everywhere. Those Mormons probably know how to recruit on the field just as well. I say this liking Mormons. They are some of the nicest people you will meet.

Overdahill

We'll be happy with #1 in Arkansas 5A thank you very much :) Bring It Bruins!

PA Dad

I think you're low on PA's projected rank.  They should probably be in the NCAA top 25 poll!

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on September 08, 2016, 03:18:27 pm
I think you're low on PA's projected rank.  They should probably be in the NCAA top 25 poll!

I'm sure the students get the same benefits that some NCAA teams get.

Quote from: beach bum on September 08, 2016, 03:03:46 pm
We all know Mormons know how to recruit haha. The whole time in South America I would randomly get asked if I was Mormon when they saw 4 white people together because they are so used to Mormons everywhere. Those Mormons probably know how to recruit on the field just as well. I say this liking Mormons. They are some of the nicest people you will meet.

Haha they are some of the nicest people. They do just fine at BYU recruiting. Maybe it is extended to their top high school programs.

Quote from: Overdahill on September 08, 2016, 03:12:26 pm
We'll be happy with #1 in Arkansas 5A thank you very much :) Bring It Bruins!

That's not enough attention for PA. They will settle for nothing less than national recognition. Makes life easier on the boosters in charge of preparing the future football roster   ;)

PA Dad

Overdahill

Yellowcake

I know someone has probably asked before, but what does MPXPHD stand for? Is MPX Swahili for "hatred" and you have a doctorate in that? :)
Seriously, what is it.
And where do you watch football on Friday nights? We need to watch a game together some night. I am going to force you to like a PA fan.

beach bum

Quote from: Yellowcake on September 08, 2016, 09:55:00 pm
I know someone has probably asked before, but what does MPXPHD stand for? Is MPX Swahili for "hatred" and you have a doctorate in that? :)
Seriously, what is it.
And where do you watch football on Friday nights? We need to watch a game together some night. I am going to force you to like a PA fan.

Swahili? Now that is funny!

Overdahill

Seriously, what is it.

MDX is OK, he just messes with us because he likes us :-*

MDXPHD

Seriously, what is it.

I randomized my letters when I made the account and that's what it gave me. There is no meaning ha. I watch games all over on Friday nights though.. I have always followed high school football in Arkansas.  Obviously, I watch Batesville more than others.

Quote from: Overdahill on September 08, 2016, 10:25:48 pm
MDX is OK, he just messes with us because he likes us :-*

These boards would be boring if everybody was chummy and complimented everyone all of the time. PA fans are active so of course I'm going to mess with them them most. I wouldn't go so far as to say I like y'all though...

MDXPHD

September 09, 2016, 06:17:34 am #80 Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 06:20:19 am by MDXPHD
I may have to make a trip to PA and catch a game later this season.

Yellowcake, you watch games around the little rock area or just PA? I am in little rock every day of the week.

I think I'll probably stop fishing for awhile though. I can only get the pokey fans and occasionally a PA fan to bite. You other guys are too smart.

bigchief72455

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 09, 2016, 06:17:34 am

Yellowcake, you watch games around the little rock area or just PA? I am in little rock every day of the week.

I think I'll probably stop fishing for awhile though. I can only get the pokey fans and occasionally a PA fan to bite. You other guys are too smart.
::)

MDXPHD

September 09, 2016, 09:18:50 am #82 Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 09:28:43 am by MDXPHD

FD4

Good luck tonight Bruins, stay healthy and play hard.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 09, 2016, 06:17:34 am

We're not too smart - we've just been hooked too many times!

PA Dad

Quote from: FD4 on September 09, 2016, 11:17:26 am
Good luck tonight Bruins, stay healthy and play hard.

Classy post.  Thanks FD4.

bigchief72455

Quote from: PA Dad on September 09, 2016, 12:41:03 pm
We're not too smart - we've just been hooked too many times!
Sometimes its just fun being the one on the hook. lol

MDXPHD

A win for PA is good for the state of Arkansas, so I guess I will reluctantly and silently pull for them tonight. I think that after PA wins, they should replace East in their game next week and play De La Salle.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 09, 2016, 02:26:51 pm
A win for PA is good for the state of Arkansas, so I guess I will reluctantly and silently pull for them tonight. I think that after PA wins, they should replace East in their game next week and play De La Salle.

You're coming around.  We'll make you a PA fan before it's all said and done.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 09, 2016, 02:26:51 pm

Only if Bob Ladouceur comes out of retirement and coaches De La Salle one last time, right?

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on September 09, 2016, 03:15:41 pm
You're coming around.  We'll make you a PA fan before it's all said and done.

Woah woah woah. Let's calm that down a little bit. I'm 100 percent certain that I would rather PA lose to all of the in state schools lol.

MDXPHD

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on September 09, 2016, 03:16:06 pm
Only if Bob Ladouceur comes out of retirement and coaches De La Salle one last time, right?

That would be ideal. much more likely PA would lose that one haha.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 09, 2016, 03:26:03 pm
Woah woah woah. Let's calm that down a little bit. I'm 100 percent certain that I would rather PA lose to all of the in state schools lol.

I thought I'd get a rise out of you with that.

7AFBFAN

Good luck PA. Go win  one for Arkansas.

Visable

Go Salt Lake.   Not a PA fan and certainly not a Kelly fan.
Don't care for the win mentality, no matter what It cost.
yes, I know a lot about PA.   Have family that teaches there.
I have kids that played against them.  In fact we gave this group it's last loss.
My son enjoyed it and I certainly enjoyed it.

Would love to see if PA could kick the ball off and play defense straight up

PA Dad

Quote from: Visable on September 09, 2016, 05:07:06 pm
I have kids that played against them.  In fact we gave this group it's last loss.

You didn't give this group its last loss unless you played for Highland Park last year.

Overdahill

I have kids that played against them. In fact we gave this group it's last loss.

Hope you enjoyed last year's game as well :)

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: PA Dad on September 09, 2016, 05:35:52 pm
You didn't give this group its last loss unless you played for Highland Park last year.

Year before last.  PA was undefeated last year

Complete Biased PoV

You contradict yourself by saying you "don't care for the win mentality" (whatever that means) but then you enjoyed your team beating PA.  So which is it, do you like winning or losing?  I also don't understand your statement in defense, because by onside kicking PA shows more faith in it's defense.  If they don't recover the onside the opponent gets the ball on the 50 most of the time.

PA Dad

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on September 09, 2016, 05:42:42 pm
Year before last.  PA was undefeated last year

You're correct.  I'm old and my memory is not good.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas