• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PA at Salt Lake City East

Started by PA Dad, September 03, 2016, 04:43:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Visable

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on September 09, 2016, 05:46:03 pm
You contradict yourself by saying you "don't care for the win mentality" (whatever that means) but then you enjoyed your team beating PA.  So which is it, do you like winning or losing?  I also don't understand your statement in defense, because by onside kicking PA shows more faith in it's defense.  If they don't recover the onside the opponent gets the ball on the 50 most of the time.

I set you up.  I know PA fans and parents are real defensive about that.  They should be.

Overdahill

Quote from: Visable on September 09, 2016, 05:55:59 pm
I set you up.  I know PA fans and parents are real defensive about that.  They should be.

at least someone is calling us defensive instead of offensive for once hehe ;D GO BRUINS!

NEASPORTSFAN

One thing is for sure, if they do go up 48-0, you can bet they will go for 2 and then onside kick. You stay classy out there PA.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on September 09, 2016, 05:46:03 pm
You contradict yourself by saying you "don't care for the win mentality" (whatever that means) but then you enjoyed your team beating PA.  So which is it, do you like winning or losing?  I also don't understand your statement in defense, because by onside kicking PA shows more faith in it's defense.  If they don't recover the onside the opponent gets the ball on the 50 most of the time.

I think he meant he doesn't like the win and don't care at what cost it takes to win mentality.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: Visable on September 09, 2016, 05:55:59 pm
It's a good thing Morrilton celebrated like they had won 3 super bowls that night, because they sure haven't won anything since then.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on September 09, 2016, 08:14:39 pm
It's a good thing Morrilton celebrated like they had won 3 super bowls that night, because they sure haven't won anything since then.

;)

sportsguy80

PA Dad

So far, I've been right about this game.  East is running the clock and keeping PA off the field.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: PA Dad on September 09, 2016, 08:40:55 pm
So far, I've been right about this game.  East is running the clock and keeping PA off the field.
I didn't have a good feeling about this one either.

jaxalum2008

PA Dad

PA is getting soundly whipped right now.  East is running the ball at will.  PA trails 21-8 in the second quarter.

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on September 09, 2016, 08:56:55 pm
PA is getting soundly whipped right now.  East is running the ball at will.  PA trails 21-8 in the second quarter.

It looks like East has a pretty solid defense too. They are all pretty quick and they have some strong lines.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 09, 2016, 09:10:30 pm
It looks like East has a pretty solid defense too. They are all pretty quick and they have some strong lines.

They are big and quick.

rpr

Pretty sure that there is a "little chat with the boss" going on in the PA locker room.
:o

PA Dad

PA had first and goal at the one late in the first half.  They failed to score.  I can't remember the last time that happened.

And, they really hurt themselves with turnovers and penalties.

We'll see if PA can make the adjustments necessary at the half.

MDXPHD

Yellowcake

It's over. Hopefully they can avoid getting completely blown out. This is the game I figured was a bad matchup. East is big, athletic, and, most importantly, highly disciplined. They are a really good football team.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Yellowcake on September 09, 2016, 10:05:56 pm
It's over. Hopefully they can avoid getting completely blown out. This is the game I figured was a bad matchup. East is big, athletic, and, most importantly, highly disciplined. They are a really good football team.

True. They made a few mistakes but they execute great on offense and defense. They seem very smart too.

PA Dad

I hate to be right on this game, but this was what I was afraid of.  East is big, athletic, and disciplined.  To put it simply, East is just a much better team than PA.

Hopefully, playing this level of competition will make PA better.

I don't do social media, but my wife tells me that some of the PA players were bragging on social media about winning this game.  I hope they learned a lesson.  No team should ever brag - it can bite you every time.

I'll have to think long and hard about my poll this week, but right now I'm inclined to put Wynne at number 1.

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on September 09, 2016, 10:24:31 pm
I hate to be right on this game, but this was what I was afraid of.  East is big, athletic, and disciplined.  To put it simply, East is just a much better team than PA.

Hopefully, playing this level of competition will make PA better.

I don't do social media, but my wife tells me that some of the PA players were bragging on social media about winning this game.  I hope they learned a lesson.  No team should ever brag - it can bite you every time.

I'll have to think long and hard about my poll this week, but right now I'm inclined to put Wynne at number 1.

Wynne is playing good football right now. Wouldn't be a bad choice.

Razorback Red

No shame at all in going on the road and losing to a good team.  PA's goal remains the same to win the 5A title and they still have a great shot at that goal. 

Noncon games against good teams prepare you for when it counts. 

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 09, 2016, 10:15:43 pm
True. They made a few mistakes but they execute great on offense and defense. They seem very smart too.

They also had the speed in the secondary to make up for the mistakes they did make.  I have not seen a team like that in person.  Their DE #9 is the top recruit at DE in Utah and the #5 or 6 recruit overall.  He is a freak!

PA Dad

September 09, 2016, 11:23:45 pm #122 Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 10:22:50 am by PA Dad
Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on September 09, 2016, 11:17:25 pm
They also had the speed in the secondary to make up for the mistakes they did make.  I have not seen a team like that in person.  Their DE #9 is the top recruit at DE in Utah and the #5 or 6 recruit overall.  He is a freak!

I read that East has 5-6 D-1 players.  They are definitely impressive.

Yellowcake

2 on the O-line. It was a bad matchup. We will still be in the mix to win another state championship, but it's good to know we are not invincible. I know nothing about the team we play from Kentucky next week, but I feel good about dealing out some mercy rules until McClellan.

Expect PA to play with even more grit here on out. They didn't quit tonight, they just got whipped by a bigger, badder and better team.

Complete Biased PoV

Their entire o-line has offers of some level.

Overdahill

Interesting game. i expected PA's defense to be challenged by the offensive scheme and personnel they faced but thought PA would put up more points. The two first half drives that stalled inside the 5 hurt. My biggest surprise was the EAST secondary.

Complete Biased PoV

Got an update:  East High beat De La Salle @ De La Salle 23-21 on a last second field goal.  De La Salle was #21 in the nation on MaxPreps.

PA Dad

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on September 17, 2016, 04:43:40 am
Got an update:  East High beat De La Salle @ De La Salle 23-21 on a last second field goal.  De La Salle was #21 in the nation on MaxPreps.

That's impressive.  De La Salle is always a top national team.

Overdahill

East is #32 in Maxpreps rankings this week

MDXPHD

Quote from: Overdahill on September 21, 2016, 06:47:42 pm
East is #32 in Maxpreps rankings this week

Just imagine if y'all beat them or kept the game somewhat close! 

Overdahill

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 21, 2016, 07:03:12 pm
Just imagine if y'all beat them or kept the game somewhat close!

it would have taken cashing in the trips inside the 10 yrd line to have kept it closer, but, that was definitely one tough nut to crack

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: Overdahill on September 21, 2016, 07:15:19 pm
it would have taken cashing in the trips inside the 10 yrd line to have kept it closer, but, that was definitely one tough nut to crack
That's not his (sarcastic) point.

Overdahill

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on September 21, 2016, 07:16:11 pm
That's not his (sarcastic) point.

hehe, you may be right but I'm "English" and therefore very literal and will even give MDX the benefit of the doubt

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas