• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PA at Salt Lake City East

Started by PA Dad, September 03, 2016, 04:43:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

PA plays East High School in Salt Lake City this week.

East was state champion in 4A in Utah last year. 4A is the second highest classification in Utah.

East is 3-0 this year.  They have won all games by a large margin.  Maxpreps ranks them number 4 in Utah and number 254 in the country.  Maxpreps ranks PA number 326 in the country.

East runs a Navy wishbone type of offense.  It is a ball control, clock running offense.  As Wynne demonstrated last year, those type offenses can give PA trouble.

I think PA will have its hands full with East.  This game should be a real test.

TheSpecial

Papers in Utah rank East High #1 in their classification, and they have almost 2,000 students in High School. I do not know much about Utah HS Football, but they look like they have rolled over their last couple of games. Will be fun to watch, will PA be streaming it?

PA Dad

Quote from: TheSpecial on September 03, 2016, 09:07:23 pm
Papers in Utah rank East High #1 in their classification, and they have almost 2,000 students in High School. I do not know much about Utah HS Football, but they look like they have rolled over their last couple of games. Will be fun to watch, will PA be streaming it?

I don't know but I doubt that PA will.  Maybe East will.

beach bum

You making the trek to Salt Lake City PA Dad or any other posters from PA? Salt Lake City is one of my favorite cities in the United States as it as a huge outdoorsy culture. The weather should be spectacular in early September there.

PA Dad

Quote from: beach bum on September 03, 2016, 09:28:09 pm
You making the trek to Salt Lake City PA Dad or any other posters from PA? Salt Lake City is one of my favorite cities in the United States as it as a huge outdoorsy culture. The weather should be spectacular in early September there.

I am not.  I made all PA games the last three years because my daughter was a cheerleader.  But she's at SMU now so I'm going to the SMU games.  It's too bad SMU isn't nearly as good as PA in terms of winning.  I'm going to have to get used to pulling for a team that will lose a number of games, although I think Chad Morris has SMU on the right track.

I agree with you on Salt Lake City.  I like it.

Yellowcake

Salt Lake East has, for some reason, a large percentage of Simoan students. And many large Simoan players. Size and ball control. This is going to be a real challenge. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we dropped one here.

Should be interesting.

Overdahill

FYI, PA's Will Hastings is getting some reps at slot for Auburn vs Clemson on TV right now :)

tmycjy

Want to wish p.a luck this week as they go to Salt Lake City just wounding how your going out there

MDXPHD

Quote from: tmycjy on September 04, 2016, 06:42:27 am
Want to wish p.a luck this week as they go to Salt Lake City just wounding how your going out there

They're all carpooling.

The_Pioneer

I figured they would use their fleet of Lear Jets to get there.

Lanny

sevenof400

September 04, 2016, 08:00:57 am #11 Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 10:01:54 am by sevenof400
PA Dad (or any PA affiliated or knowledgable folks),

How did this game come to be scheduled?  There has to be a story there - especially when you have any number of teams between here and SLC. 

(As an aside, and in the spirit of full disclosure, I do have some concerns about games like this but I am going to use a separate thread for that topic as this thread's focus should be on the game itself.)

Edit: the separate thread can be found by clicking here.

MDXPHD

Quote from: sevenof400 on September 04, 2016, 08:00:57 am

How did this game come to be scheduled?  There has to be a story there - especially when you have any number of teams between here and SLC. 

(As an aside, and in the spirit of full disclosure, I do have some concerns about games like this but I am going to use a separate thread for that topic as this thread's focus should be on the game itself.)

PA had to go that far just to find a team willing to play them.

walkingguy72396

It is good for the economy.  Go spend those dollars. PA.

PA Dad

Unfortunately, I don't have any inside information.  I don't know how the game was scheduled.

I do know that PA has some difficulty finding non conference opponents.

beach bum

Quote from: PA Dad on September 04, 2016, 11:27:50 am
Unfortunately, I don't have any inside information.  I don't know how the game was scheduled.

I do know that PA has some difficulty finding non conference opponents.

I honestly believe there are probably only 10-15 teams in Arkansas willing to play PA in non conference and that number might be high. This is a valid point. If you are a 7A school why risk losing to them as most of them would. If you are 5A or down why get your brains beat in which is a valid concern because 95% or more would. Warren played them, but Warren will play anybody.

Complete Biased PoV

I'm not sure on this game, but I know most of the out of state games have been through a game organizer who first set up the game in 2012 with Chaminade Prep in Los Angeles.  The game in Florida was through an event group called KSA, they do pretty much every sport.  Think they did everything as far as the trip planning.

MDXPHD

East is 3-0 and two of their victories are over 0-3 teams. This is their first real game of the season. PA should win this game, so don't let them fool you into thinking they are playing a quality opponent!

Plus, East is playing a far more prominent opponent the next week. They may sleep on PA and get rocked.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 05, 2016, 12:46:16 pm
East is 3-0 and two of their victories are over 0-3 teams. This is their first real game of the season. PA should win this game, so don't let them fool you into thinking they are playing a quality opponent!

Plus, East is playing a far more prominent opponent the next week. They may sleep on PA and get rocked.

Of course, you're correct as always.  East is just the number one team in their classification and the number four team in the state.  They probably have no business playing a big time power like PA.

MDXPHD

Oh they may compete, I'm not saying that. But I would not be surprised if PA ran away with this one too.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 05, 2016, 03:36:44 pm
Oh they may compete, I'm not saying that. But I would not be surprised if PA ran away with this one too.

Honestly, and not being modest, I'll be very surprised if that happens.

bigchief72455

Sounds like someone is not a PA fan.

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on September 05, 2016, 04:28:09 pm
Honestly, and not being modest, I'll be very surprised if that happens.

What makes you think they won't? I know East has been ranked high, but is that why you think that?

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 05, 2016, 06:24:21 pm
What makes you think they won't? I know East has been ranked high, but is that why you think that?

No.  It is the nature of their offense.  I think they can limit PA's possessions because they control the ball and run the clock.

The wild card is the onside kicks.  If PA can get a couple of them, I think PA wins.

Overdahill

Battle of attrition:

Does one team superior size and power wear down a smaller defense or

Does another team's uptempo and spread offense wear down a larger defense (hard for big guys to chase PA skill players and pressure QB all night or

BOTH  ;D PA by 1 or 2 TD's more than EAST

PA Dad

Quote from: Overdahill on September 05, 2016, 08:25:23 pm
Battle of attrition:

Does one team superior size and power wear down a smaller defense or

Does another team's uptempo and spread offense wear down a larger defense (hard for big guys to chase PA skill players and pressure QB all night or

BOTH  ;D PA by 1 or 2 TD's more than EAST

I sure hope you're right and I'm wrong.

One thing PA has going its way is that East has never played a team like PA.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 05, 2016, 12:46:16 pm

So not only is East overrated, they are not even a quality opponent?  Do you think PA scheduled a game 1500 miles away so they could pretend to play a good opponent but really play someone overrated?

PA Dad

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on September 05, 2016, 08:40:36 pm
So not only is East overrated, they are not even a quality opponent?  Do you think PA scheduled a game 1500 miles away so they could pretend to play a good opponent but really play someone overrated?

Red Devil, he's the best baiter on this board.  Don't let him hook you!

Overdahill

Quote from: PA Dad on September 05, 2016, 08:49:59 pm

yep, he's got a nibble and will be trying to reel you in  ;D

bigchief72455

PA Dad

Quote from: The_Pioneer on September 04, 2016, 07:26:18 am
I figured they would use their fleet of Lear Jets to get there.

That's really insulting.  We have a fleet of 737's!

Overdahill

Quote from: PA Dad on September 05, 2016, 09:04:14 pm
That's really insulting.  We have a fleet of 737's!

i want Maynard's limo with driver  :D

7AFBFAN

I think PA should schedule a Los Angeles team next year and play in Hollywood. Or they could play a team like euless trinity in Jerry's world.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Overdahill on September 05, 2016, 09:12:26 pm
i want Maynard's limo with driver  :D

glad to see someone remembered my driver ;)

Overdahill

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on September 05, 2016, 09:26:08 pm
I think PA should schedule a Los Angeles team next year and play in Hollywood. Or they could play a team like euless trinity in Jerry's world.

I'd like to see Fayetteville vs Trinity since the Bulldogs cracked the top 25 this week

Overdahill

7AFBFAN

Quote from: Overdahill on September 05, 2016, 09:30:48 pm
I'd like to see Fayetteville vs Trinity since the Bulldogs cracked the top 25 this week

Where is Trinity rated? I am not sold on Fayetteville being the top team yet. If PA wins this week they have a better argument for Arkansas number 1.

Overdahill

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on September 05, 2016, 09:34:39 pm
Where is Trinity rated? I am not sold on Fayetteville being the top team yet. If PA wins this week they have a better argument for Arkansas number 1.

61st nationally. Fayetteville at 22nd

7AFBFAN

Wow. That is surprising. I figure the new coach helps some.

businesstron

Here's Salt Lake City East Championship game last year.....  I don't think they return alot of those dudes though.  But I think It would be interesting to watch for the first quarter.  They look like they have a big line but they probably won't have enough at the skill positions to keep up with PA. 

MDXPHD

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on September 05, 2016, 08:40:36 pm

Absolutely. I can't believe that's a real question being asked.

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on September 05, 2016, 08:49:59 pm

Quote from: Overdahill on September 05, 2016, 08:51:07 pm
yep, he's got a nibble and will be trying to reel you in  ;D

C'mon guys.  Just let them bite!

Overdahill

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 06, 2016, 08:31:32 am
C'mon guys.  Just let them bite!

I can see the headline now, "MDX wins Fearless Friday Fishing Tourney - landed a record Red Devil Alum Fish" using his special recipe provocative bait"

TheSpecial

I'm gonna go with the safe bet of PA by 2+ touchdowns.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: Overdahill on September 06, 2016, 10:42:54 am
I can see the headline now, "MDX wins Fearless Friday Fishing Tourney - landed a record Red Devil Alum Fish" using his special recipe provocative bait"
Fair enough, fair enough.

BigLion10

Fun Fact
SLC East is famous for the movies High School Musical being filmed their

MDXPHD

Quote from: Overdahill on September 06, 2016, 10:42:54 am

He wouldn't be the first one I landed.

Quote from: BigLion10 on September 06, 2016, 06:07:02 pm
Fun Fact
SLC East is famous for the movies High School Musical being filmed their

I mentioned this in another thread. I assumed PA was going there so they could participate in the filming of the next one...then maybe play some football after production ends for that day.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 06, 2016, 08:08:22 pm
He wouldn't be the first one I landed.

I mentioned this in another thread. I assumed PA was going there so they could participate in the filming of the next one...then maybe play some football after production ends for that day.

That could be.  We have some great musical theater students.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: PA Dad on September 03, 2016, 09:51:26 pm
I am not.  I made all PA games the last three years because my daughter was a cheerleader.  But she's at SMU now so I'm going to the SMU games.  It's too bad SMU isn't nearly as good as PA in terms of winning.  I'm going to have to get used to pulling for a team that will lose a number of games, although I think Chad Morris has SMU on the right track.

I agree with you on Salt Lake City.  I like it.

PA Dad I'm sure making all of those games last year got tiring at times. But, I'm sure you enjoyed it.

PA Dad

Quote from: Hornet4ever on September 06, 2016, 10:53:42 pm
PA Dad I'm sure making all of those games last year got tiring at times. But, I'm sure you enjoyed it.

I did indeed enjoy it.  And I'll still make all of the PA home games.  I just love high school football.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas