• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A3

Started by bulldog42, January 23, 2015, 02:34:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldog42

Does anyone have conference standings for the 3A3?  I have not seen anything on this conference for the girls or boys.  I assume in the boys it is Rivercrest in first but not sure and have not heard anything on the girls other than Corning has won several games.

Head Lion

Conference is down in boys & girls both. Boys 1-4 should be 1) Rivercrest, 2) Osceola 3) Manila & 4) Corning as of now. In girls 1) Corning 2) Rivercrest 3) Hoxie 4) flip a coin

ISU7

January 23, 2015, 10:47:43 pm #2 Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 07:23:22 am by ISU7
RiveRCrest boys are 6-0 in conference play.  Osceola has lost to RiverCrest and Corning.  Manila has lost to Osceola and RiverCrest at the Lions Den. Corning Hoxie and Piggott. In girls action Corning and RiverCrest have one lost followed by Osceola with two then Hoxie Manila and Piggott . ..

bulldog42

Thanks ISU7 and Head Lion I appreciate the information.  Good luck to your teams the rest of the year.  Looking forward to Districts and regionals.

bulldog42

Do you all have an update on the conference standings for both the boys and girls?

OB11

Osceola beat Rivercrest earlier in the week.  But I think Rivercrest is still in first.  The Colts may have the conference locked up no matter what happens but not sure. 

Radiotalker

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on January 29, 2015, 10:38:24 am
Osceola beat Rivercrest earlier in the week.  But I think Rivercrest is still in first.  The Colts may have the conference locked up no matter what happens but not sure. 

As long as they win out

ISU7

Quote from: bulldog42 on January 29, 2015, 07:54:00 am
Do you all have an update on the conference standings for both the boys and girls?
With three conf games left RiverCrest 6-1 Osceola and Manila. 5-2 with Manila two losses coming at home to the Colts and Noles in 7pt loses" I think Corning is fourth.  In Girls. Corning and RiverCrest both 6-1 with a game left against each other at RC . Osceola 4-3 with two losses to RC a"nd one and one vs. Corning.  Piggott, Manila, and Hoxie.

bulldog42

Quote from: ISU7 on January 29, 2015, 11:49:09 am
Quote from: bulldog42 on January 29, 2015, 07:54:00 am
With three conf games left RiverCrest 6-1 Osceola and Manila. 5-2 with Manila two losses coming at home to the Colts and Noles in 7pt loses" I think Corning is fourth.  In Girls. Corning and RiverCrest both 6-1 with a game left against each other at RC . Osceola 4-3 with two losses to RC a"nd one and one vs. Corning.  Piggott, Manila, and Hoxie.
Thanks, looks like it will be anyones guess for the 4 seed in girls.  Looks at the top of the boys and girls your conference tournament will decide the seeding for regionals as close as things appear to be.

pioneers

January 29, 2015, 08:38:10 pm #9 Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 08:40:31 pm by pioneers
I expect the boys standings to stay the same crest is the sure  favorite to win it with manila already beating Corning twice I don't think if they lose to Osceola and rivercrest that it will drop them to 4.

Is it just me or is the conference getting weaker year after year. Back in 2010 there was three teams in the final 8 and 2 in the finals. It seems every year since then the conference is going down each year.

neds

I would agree that the last three yrs have weakened

Radiotalker

what makes it weak?

pioneers

Quote from: Radiotalker on January 29, 2015, 09:49:19 pm
what makes it weak?
The caliber of teams. There isn't very many good teams anymore mostly all are average teams. Outside of rivercrest and Osceola I don't see anybody having a realistic shot of making it to state. The talent level just isn't what it used to be.

BoxNOne

Earle dropping out has obviously weakened this conferences overall strength.

neds

Quote from: Radiotalker on January 29, 2015, 09:49:19 pm
what makes it weak?

Scorecard would be post season results

OB11

Only having 6 teams in the conference to begin with weakens it in my opinion.  I think it makes teams complacent knowing they only have to finish ahead of 2 other teams to advance.  May just be me, but I don't like the small conference. 

neds

I think this conf is shrinking. Not just in no. of teams , but in overall enrollment. That works against them vs larger schools. Truly the reason Earle dropped down.

BoxNOne

Yea the Earle enrollment has dropped quite a bit. I looked at AAA numbers and they are no where near the top of 2A either.

ISU7

Quote from: BoxNOne on January 31, 2015, 11:13:02 am
Yea the Earle enrollment has dropped quite a bit. I looked at AAA numbers and they are no where near the top of 2A either.
Yeah the enrollment might of drop but their game hasnt. ;D 8)

Head Lion

Quote from: neds on January 30, 2015, 10:27:36 am
I think this conf is shrinking. Not just in no. of teams , but in overall enrollment. That works against them vs larger schools. Truly the reason Earle dropped down.
Manila is actually gaining students at a 5-8% rate each year, just not really getting any athletes. Maybe it will all balance out in the end, like line drives that are snared for outs.

OB11

Lady Colts with a huge conference win last night over Corning.  I was not at the game but read about it in the paper.  Sounds like a great game.  And a barn burner at 81 - 79.

redandgray

Yep, freshman Jordan Elder scored 37 for the Lady Colts...she hit a 3 with 2 seconds remaining.  Corning tried to call a timeout right after, but had no timeouts so they were assessed a technical. Elder hit 1 of 2 freethrows to set the final score 81-79.

Radiotalker

Good win for the Lady Colts but I still think Corning is the class of the conference.

Basketballfan13

Does rivercrest have many more scorers besides the sophmore post and the PG

Head Lion

Lions wrap up 2 seed tonight in district tournament and a regional berth with conference win at home vs Piggott!

bootlegger

head lion,what night does the district start for 3a3.and will there be a bracket posted so you can print it off?

ISU7

Quote from: redandgray on February 03, 2015, 11:06:00 am
Yep, freshman Jordan Elder scored 37 for the Lady Colts...she hit a 3 with 2 seconds remaining.  Corning tried to call a timeout right after, but had no timeouts so they were assessed a technical. Elder hit 1 of 2 freethrows to set the final score 81-79.
She's an amazing player. She will only get better and just a freshman. Seems like the Crest have a player come around like this every other year. That's a good thing. Nice Job Lady Colts!!!!

ISU7

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on February 03, 2015, 03:28:44 pm
Does rivercrest have many more scorers besides the sophmore post and the PG
They have another jr guard that avg 21pts a game in jr high. If turn loose she can go for 20pts on any given night. They also have a streaky 3pt shooter and a couple of girls that can score inside but not with consistencey 8)

Head Lion

Quote from: bootlegger on February 03, 2015, 11:37:50 pm
head lion,what night does the district start for 3a3.and will there be a bracket posted so you can print it off?
i get one & will post, looks like a Mon, Tues, Thursday, Friday format.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: Head Lion on February 04, 2015, 12:33:37 pm
Quote from: bootlegger on February 03, 2015, 11:37:50 pm
i get one & will post, looks like a Mon, Tues, Thursday, Friday format.
Could be looking at it wrong but with 6 teams wouldn't it be a 3 day format not 4 days? 1 and 2 get a bye and other four teams play to get into semis?

Head Lion

It will be a Monday, Tuesday & Thursday format.

pioneers

What is the new conference standings after Osceola had to forfeit some of their wins? Rivercrest will be the 1 and manila the 2 but who fills in after those two?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Head Lion on February 01, 2015, 06:53:49 pm
Manila is actually gaining students at a 5-8% rate each year, just not really getting any athletes. Maybe it will all balance out in the end, like line drives that are snared for outs.

Manila high school(9-12) has grown by over 50 students in the last 5 years...

@CurryLegion

Quote from: pioneers on February 05, 2015, 05:51:00 pm
What is the new conference standings after Osceola had to forfeit some of their wins? Rivercrest will be the 1 and manila the 2 but who fills in after those two?
Did they officially have to forfeit? Is so, why?

Head Lion

Quote from: HF on February 05, 2015, 06:10:57 pm
Quote from: Head Lion on February 01, 2015, 06:53:49 pm

Manila high school(9-12) has grown by over 50 students in the last 5 years...
Every class K-5, has well over 100 with most classes at 110. The numbers & talent is coming. From 9th grade class going to be pretty tough in roundball & a juggernaut with Jason Belcher as coach in baseball! We have more arms in the minors than the Braves did in the 90s!

Head Lion

Quote from: bocatfanforlife on February 05, 2015, 06:32:11 pm
Same song different tune with Seminoles, using ineligible players. I dont know why they continuously do this. They have more talent walking the halls than 99.9 of 4A & below schools.

Lrbasketballguru

Is Mark Thomas still with Osceola? The 3a3 teams always have some very nice talent, just undisciplined sometimes.

pioneers

Quote from: Lrbasketballguru on February 05, 2015, 09:43:35 pm
Is Mark Thomas still with Osceola? The 3a3 teams always have some very nice talent, just undisciplined sometimes.
he started the season off with them but hasn't been playing the last 3-4 weeks.

Radiotalker

Quote from: Head Lion on February 05, 2015, 08:00:03 pm
Same song different tune with Seminoles, using ineligible players. I dont know why they continuously do this. They have more talent walking the halls than 99.9 of 4A & below schools.

Continuously? How many times has this occurred HL since you have all the answers? It's one player not players. The jury is still out why he would be ineligible and the penalty is self invoked. 

Head Lion

Quote from: Radiotalker on February 06, 2015, 08:31:38 am

Continuously? How many times has this occurred HL since you have all the answers? It's one player not players. The jury is still out why he would be ineligible and the penalty is self invoked.
I am just saying it happens at a way higher rate at Osceola than most schools & I KNOW for a fact it was either do it in house or the AAA was coming down even harder.

Radiotalker

Quote from: Head Lion on February 06, 2015, 02:24:40 pm

I am just saying it happens at a way higher rate at Osceola than most schools & I KNOW for a fact it was either do it in house or the AAA was coming down even harder.

one time football & now one time basketball - is that a high rate?

Paperman

This eligibility issue was one the Seminoles simply missed. It was not intentional but it was unfortunate. Osceola is but a shell of the team it was when the season started but still very dangerous. Mark Thomas is not longer in the Osceola School District. Other players were dismissed for other reasons and still others for school misconduct (fighting). I don't believe for a second that Coach Gathen, Coach Leggett or anyone in the district administration would intentionally allow an ineligible player to play even one second.

Paperman

Standings going into tonight 2/6

Boys: 1) Rivercrest 9-0 top seed either way, 2) Manila 7-2 second seed either way, 3) Piggott 3-6, 4) Hoxie 3-6, 5) Corning 3-7,6) Osceola 2-7 (Forfeited five wins)

Girls: 1) Rivercrest 9-1 top seed, 2) Corning 7-3, 3) Piggott 5-5, 4) Osceola 4-6, 5) Hoxie 3-7, 6) Manila 2-8

This is the way it is as I understand it. I could be off, so please use this as a guide, I know the top two seeds are right in both. The bottom four might need to adjusted. Obviously the boys will change after Friday's games.

Paperman

Rivercrest Girls have two really good scorers and one who is very capable. Three others have put up between 10 and 18 in a game at times so they can get production from the others. Lady Colts only have seven players though, so depth is an issue. Same applies to Osceola (Seven healthy players right now), Hoxie (Six with two ninth graders moved up) and Manila (nine). Corning and Piggott don't have this problem. Corning probably has the most depth of any girls squad in 3A-3.

Head Lion

Quote from: Radiotalker on February 06, 2015, 03:33:25 pm
Quote from: Head Lion on February 06, 2015, 02:24:40 pm

one time football & now one time basketball - is that a high rate?
I know it probably has happened at Manila, but in my lifetime never remember forfeiting games in any sport for using ineligible players. I am sure it has, I just cant remembered. I will agree with Paperman I do not for a second believe Coach Gathen or Leggett would do it on purpose. May just need to be a little more vigilant on checking the process.

Radiotalker

Quote from: Paperman on February 06, 2015, 04:08:33 pm

Boys: 1) Rivercrest 9-0 top seed either way, 2) Manila 7-2 second seed either way, 3) Piggott 3-6, 4) Hoxie 3-6, 5) Corning 3-7,6) Osceola 2-7 (Forfeited five wins)

Girls: 1) Rivercrest 9-1 top seed, 2) Corning 7-3, 3) Piggott 5-5, 4) Osceola 4-6, 5) Hoxie 3-7, 6) Manila 2-8

This is the way it is as I understand it. I could be off, so please use this as a guide, I know the top two seeds are right in both. The bottom four might need to adjusted. Obviously the boys will change after Friday's games.

Still don't understand why they had to forfeit the Manila game.

LadyCats

Quote from: Paperman on February 06, 2015, 04:08:33 pm

Corning Girls are 8-2

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas