• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

smackover buckaroos chances

Started by benchwarmer99, January 22, 2015, 08:41:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

benchwarmer99

whats everyones thoughts about us winning it all?

WhosOnFirst

My thoughts are that Strickland will screw it up just like he did with football.

RabidWolf

I've never been a fan of questioning another teams coach because you hardly see that team enough to make a reasonable judgement.

But prescott has seen smackover a lot. In baseball
And football. Strickland seems to lack judgement in key game management situations. Is that a fair statement buck fans?

sixthman

Quote from: RabidWolf on January 22, 2015, 06:08:15 pm
I've never been a fan of questioning another teams coach because you hardly see that team enough to make a reasonable judgement.

I agree. But from the outside looking in, here's a thought...and I could be wrong about the first part of this, so correct me if so.

Before Strickland came to Smackover, it is my understanding that they were not very good at baseball. In fact, my understanding is that they were pretty bad. Strickland turned the program around into one that is competitive and wins. Now he is suddenly a bad coach if he doesn't win a state title?

Like I said, I could be wrong. Maybe they were ten-running everyone in the district before Strickland's arrival as baseball coach and I just don't remember.

sixthman

One more thought, if I may.

If the good folks in Smackover think Strickland is not right for them, they could give him back to Dierks and see which baseball team goes deeper in the playoffs.

WhosOnFirst

January 29, 2015, 08:25:57 pm #5 Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 08:27:32 pm by WhosOnFirst
Dierks just played in the state championship two years ago. Nothing wrong with that program at all. Plus I gotta feeling Strickland is done coaching baseball after this May.

JohnMarkTomayo

Smackover is historically very good in baseball.

sixthman

Quote from: WhosOnFirst on January 29, 2015, 08:25:57 pm
Dierks just played in the state championship two years ago. Nothing wrong with that program at all. Plus I gotta feeling Strickland is done coaching baseball after this May.

No argument there. But that also makes a point. A coach can only do so much. At some point it has to be up to the players to play. If a coach needs talent to win, and if Strickland would do fine in Dierks, maybe he is not all of the problem in Smackover.

If he is about to be done coaching baseball, I'm sorry to hear it. I know nothing about the mans ability as a football coach, but if his baseball team doesn't do pretty well, it ain't him that's the problem.

Quote from: JohnMarkTomayo on January 29, 2015, 08:27:01 pm
Smackover is historically very good in baseball.

Good enough for me. I was just under the impression that they were struggling at the time Strickland came in. Sorry if I suggested something that wasn't true.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas