• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 High School Freshman Impact Players

Started by BIG_K, December 15, 2014, 03:33:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BIG_K

Sportsnutt

It was just a matter of time before the annual thread got started  ;D

BIG_K

baller72

LowerAR

I can see those hooks to easily; no one is going to take that bait. The real guestion should be what programs have a need for Freshman to step forward to fill a spot, and do they have that player coming? For the first time in a while I believe that El Dorado does not really have a hole to fill, but a superstar freshman would be nice.   

ST

Cue mack in 3...2....1...

He loves freshman players.

Justafan42

NLR will have one. Not sure of her name, but she can mash.

NEASPORTSFAN

Actually, at small schools freshman can make a huge difference. For example, in 2a a few years back at foreman kimmie Beasley led foreman to a state title as a freshman, and also Greathouse led BIC to the state title game. The year before BIC won 1 game all season.

LowerAR

Well I love freshmen! I realize that they have a tough road to hoe in most schools, but so many times they come up big for a team. Last year Sheridan had 2 homeruns in the semifinal to beat Marion. The big homerun for Benton in the State final; they were both freshman. The NLR pitcher two years ago, a Freshman. Good players are good players. Just seems to me that many coaches don't pay attention; they should get out and see a young player before they get their hands on them. I know some do, but many are not going to put out that much effort. Most times that young player will not be as good early because of confidence, but given time the cream will rise if given the chance.       

Mike Love

The good thing about freshman is if they make the grades(in todays world if you can write your name-not cursive but just print, you get passed to the next level)you soon get to be sophmores. The word sophmore is derived from 2 greek words-sophos-meaning wise, and moros-meaning fool.

LowerAR

Yea! After all there teenage girls, enough said.

BIG_K

BIG_K

BIG_K

Waiting on you Freshman parents??? Time to get a Little Recognition for your future All-Star D1 DD.  ;D

Sweet

softballjunkie1985

I remember when my kid was a freshman..dang I was 1 of those idiot  parents..hindsight  is 20/20 I guess..lol

BIG_K

Sweet

Quote from: BIG_K on January 29, 2015, 07:24:22 pm
Waiting on you Freshman parents??? Time to get a Little Recognition for your future All-Star D1 DD.  ;D

So you've started a thread with the hopes of being able to pounce on some freshman parent?

pruff

So you start this thread so you can make fun of 14 yr old girls? Or there parents? How shallow of you.

LowerAR

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love freshmen. They are the hope of the program and sometime not for the future, but that year. They fill the holes and push those upperclassmen to actually work. For those of ya'll with vision don't let these ole stuck in the mud members get you down; They were bad mouthing Freshmen before my DD was one and starting. Besides nothing on this site means anything, we're just people who love softball and players.   

BIG_K

This is just a Thread for the freshman parent to brag on their DD.  ;D Thin skinned freshman parents need to lighten up a little, we alll know your daughter played "TRAVEL BALL" these last 6 summers and High School ball is a step back for them. Just giving the newbees to the board their chance to sound off!  ;D . Thanks for your post.  :)

LowerAR

Don't let the amount of post under my name fool you, I watched this site for years and would not post because I knew what was waiting.  ;) ;D But I will say that most parents who "lets say" are not familiar with what Highschool Ball of anykind is; do need a lesson in the difference between travel ball and what's fixin to happen.
1. This is about the team and community, not your DD. :-X
2. Most College exposure does not come from Highschool. If you want to go College and play softball there are other much more effective ways. In other words you don't need them. Look back at #1. :o
3. If your DD doesn't play and is good expect to be hated. :(
4. If your DD does play and is good expect to be hated.  >:(
5. Most Highschool Coaches are not nearly as passionant about the game and your DD as most serious Travel ball coaches. That is not saying all and it only applies to highschool age travel teams, and if your travel ball team coach is not about your DD; shame on you (you can leave that ride anytime you want to). Consider how much effort and time it takes to learn this game and where the passion and time come from and you will see that it's not that surprising at all. Most Highschool coaches have a life and passion outside of softball where Travel ball coaches don't. Not making a quality of people statement, just a honest statement about the abilities and knowledge of the game witnessed from an observer. :-[     

Sweet

Thing is there's a freshman at a 2A school that went to a camp down in Louisana, saw 10 pitches, took 6 of them yard. D1? I don't' know. DII? Probably.

Another 2A freshman catcher with a big stick that is probably DII material.

3A freshman pitcher that is already getting looks from Missouri.

All three of these will make a definite impact on their HS team. These butt clowns here have no idea of their talent so they'll just post bull because they are freshmen and someone is posting about them.

BIG_K

BBRB

Quote from: Sweet on February 02, 2015, 05:26:38 pm
Thing is there's a freshman at a 2A school that went to a camp down in Louisana, saw 10 pitches, took 6 of them yard. D1? I don't' know. DII? Probably.

All three of these will make a definite impact on their HS team. These butt clowns here have no idea of their talent so they'll just post bull because they are freshmen and someone is posting about them.
Now you're talking

Bulldog92

Quote from: BBRB on February 03, 2015, 12:18:24 pm
Quote from: Sweet on February 02, 2015, 05:26:38 pm

Now you're talking
If its the 3A pitcher I am thinking about not only can she pitch but she can swing a stick!!  The older girls better not take her for granted cause she will take them out of the park!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas