• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-2A West

Started by MICHAELSPAPPY, October 06, 2014, 04:25:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RATTLER43

Quote from: CincyGuyintheFort on January 24, 2015, 03:38:46 pm
Can somebody tell me why is it pretty apparent that there are no for real good 2a teams in hoops or football(I'm willing to bet baseball too)"out here in Western Arkansas ? So i guess that's basically the 4-2A. How long has it been like this? Where that conference is so down on the state competitiveness level. Cuz dang, There are quite a few 2a schools here in the Fort Smith area and i wish they were worth going n watching more often . Cuz I've been to Hartford & Mountainburg & Union Christian and the people I talked to within the athletics dept there seem like all good genuine people. Maybe one day they'll get good....

Magazine won state in track last year, won state in track 2012, won state in football 2010, state semis and quarterfinals in football and baseball twice in three years, state runner-up in track 2010 and 2011, state appearances in girls basketball and softball.  We are down in our athletics so far this year. Danville made it to finals in football and won girls basketball in recent past.   Hackett and Mountainburg have been in basketball state finals in recent past.  Just seems like 2A-4 is down right now.  I think Westside girls basketball has a shot but overall the pool of athletes is down conference wide.  That happens in all small schools(maybe not Junction City!) but happened across our conference. 

MICHAELSPAPPY

Strange night at Magazine. Mountainburg girls had the game well in hand all along. Magazine never could get going and did not look good at all. On the other hand, Magazine boys, who have looked very bad at times, played probably their best game of the year and led by about 20 through the second half. Who'd have thunk it?

CincyGuyintheFort

Must be that kinda night in the 4-2A west.

I just saw an upset in Fort Smith.
Union Christian beat Decatur in 2OT 64-57. It was a really good game after the first half.
M. Urquidi finished with 22pt. But just didn't assert his will enough for how much more natural talent he has over the other kids out there. Not aggressive.

Now you wanna talk about an impressive performance...#00 Austin Curtis of UCA. Gets fouled on a 3 with 2.3 sec left. Nails all 3 to go to OT tied at 51. Then a slow OT, ends tied at 55. So double OT, where Curtis was 6-6 from the line. All told, he finished a remarkable, and I wud guess has to be in the 2A record books for most makes without a miss, 19 for 19 at the line. 29pt total. The last 2.3 sec and the OTs he was 11 for 11 at the line, talk about clutch.

And in the girls game. Union bear Decatur by a lot. I'm pretty sure about 48-26

RATTLER43

Sounds like a great game. 

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: CincyGuyintheFort on January 27, 2015, 10:14:13 pm
I wud guess has to be in the 2A record books for most makes without a miss, 19 for 19 at the line. 29pt total. The last 2.3 sec and the OTs he was 11 for 11 at the line, talk about clutch.

Give him the game ball of the week.

MICHAELSPAPPY

If Magazine plays that well, they will be a factor in the tournament. It remains to be seen how consistent they can be.

Sport718

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on October 06, 2014, 04:25:07 pm
Who looks good this year?

http://michaelspappysualrblog.blogspot.com/
Just saw where JC Westside girls forward Delanei Hurt posted a quadruple double vs Union Christian. 14 points, 10 reb, 10 ast, 10 blocks!

groundgame

Westside Boys beat Hartford 76 58 and Beat Union last night 74 58 have won 6 out of 7

CincyGuyintheFort

Yes she definitely did. And it was 100% legit. One of the Times-Record sports writers was covering the game and keeping stats. So she got it. That's one heck of a performance.
Back to back nights at Union Christians gym there was a incredible individual performance. Her quadruple double and the UCA Curtis kid going 19-19 FT in their upset over Decatur

CincyGuyintheFort

I am on my way tonight to go watch the boys leading unbeaten un conference play Eureka Springs @ Mountainburg.  Hoping for a good game. If you'd like real time updates follow my twitter(<------- over there) and I will be posting them

bighurt411

Quote from: CincyGuyintheFort on January 24, 2015, 03:38:46 pm
Can somebody tell me why is it pretty apparent that there are no for real good 2a teams in hoops or football(I'm willing to bet baseball too)"out here in Western Arkansas ? So i guess that's basically the 4-2A. How long has it been like this? Where that conference is so down on the state competitiveness level. Cuz dang, There are quite a few 2a schools here in the Fort Smith area and i wish they were worth going n watching more often . Cuz I've been to Hartford & Mountainburg & Union Christian and the people I talked to within the athletics dept there seem like all good genuine people. Maybe one day they'll get good....

The JC Westside girls are 20-4 and ranked #3 in the State according to the ADG.
We start one senior, three juniors and one sophomore.

CincyGuyintheFort

GIRLS FINAL

Mountainburg     53
Eureka Springs   14

1:40. That was the time left in the 2nd quarter when Eureka Springs scored their 14th and final point.  Yes, they got shutout , goose egged in the second half. I have never seen that on a varsity level before. A complete zilch for a second half.
Needless to say impressive performance by Mountainburg

MomaLion

The question is...was Mountainburg still playing starters or were the subs shutting them out?

CincyGuyintheFort

BOYS FINAL

Eureka Springs    58
Mountainburg      44

It was a battle for almost 3 quarters, the post game kept the Dragons in it. D. Valtz had 10pt & 10reb.
But R. Sanchez of ESHS was just way too much for MHS. He was the best player on the floor. Filling up the stat sheet, finishing with; 29pt, 8reb, 7ast, 5stl

Steves68Nova

After their last game when Mountainburg was beat pretty handily, Mountainburg beat JC Westside tonight. I think the final was 55 to 52. If not it was very close to that. I am not sure but I do not believe JCW led at all tonight. Exciting game at the last as JCW was hitting a lot of 3's to make it a game as they were down about 10 or 11 at halftime.

HorseFeathers

M
Quote from: Steves68Nova on February 03, 2015, 07:56:56 pm
After their last game when Mountainburg was beat pretty handily, Mountainburg beat JC Westside tonight. I think the final was 55 to 52. If not it was very close to that. I am not sure but I do not believe JCW led at all tonight. Exciting game at the last as JCW was hitting a lot of 3's to make it a game as they were down about 10 or 11 at halftime.

Just to clarify...this was the girls game...

DragonFan

Big win for the Mountainburg Girls against a very good JC Westside team.  JC was without their point guard, but understand she will return before the District Tournament. Glad her injury was not season ending. They should be able to make a run in the post season after returning all of their starters from last year.

Steves68Nova

Quote from: HF on February 03, 2015, 08:21:12 pm
M

Sorry bout that. Didn't even cross my mind. I knew what I was talking about. You guys didn't?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Steves68Nova on February 03, 2015, 10:56:17 pm
Quote from: HF on February 03, 2015, 08:21:12 pm
M

Sorry bout that. Didn't even cross my mind. I knew what I was talking about. You guys didn't?

Ha...at first I thought it was boys...lol..So used to the majority of folks on these boards only wanting to talk boys basketball that it never crossed my mind you were talking about girls...Until I seen the score on twitter.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Hartford at Magazine last night. Magazine girls dominated. Their  center was just too much for Hartford to handle. The boys game was close. Hartford played well in the first half, but allowed Magazine to get back into it in the second half. Magazine's lack of size hurts them.

groundgame

Westside boys Beat Mt. Burg 67 60 have won 6 out of 7

Madmax

Eureka Springs beat Union Christian last night 62-52.  Battle for conference championship looks to be right now between Decatur at 10-1 and ES at 9-2.  They face each other in the regular season finale next Tuesday.  JC Westside at 8-3 looks to be on the outside looking in.  I guess if ES beats Decatur, the tie breaker would come down to margin of victory.  ES plays Hartford Friday night and Decatur plays Mountainburg, both should be heavily favored in those respective games, so it should all come down to their matchup next Tuesday.

CincyGuyintheFort

Its going to be exciting to see who's going to get those 3 & 4 spots in regionals. I know JCW is good, but they can be beat. I could see UCA, especially playing the conference tourney at home, making a run and getting to regionals .but who knows. Outside of the top 3, the rest of the teams are so closely together on a talent level. It could be anyone for real

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Madmax on February 04, 2015, 12:20:47 pm
Eureka Springs beat Union Christian last night 62-52.  Battle for conference championship looks to be right now between Decatur at 10-1 and ES at 9-2.  They face each other in the regular season finale next Tuesday.  JC Westside at 8-3 looks to be on the outside looking in.  I guess if ES beats Decatur, the tie breaker would come down to margin of victory.  ES plays Hartford Friday night and Decatur plays Mountainburg, both should be heavily favored in those respective games, so it should all come down to their matchup next Tuesday.

Best I understand the tie breaker, if they finish in a tie, and split the regular season..Then it goes by the head to head win margins...

RATTLER43

Quote from: CincyGuyintheFort on February 04, 2015, 06:16:48 pm
Its going to be exciting to see who's going to get those 3 & 4 spots in regionals. I know JCW is good, but they can be beat. I could see UCA, especially playing the conference tourney at home, making a run and getting to regionals .but who knows. Outside of the top 3, the rest of the teams are so closely together on a talent level. It could be anyone for real

Are you sure the tourney is at UCA?   I heard Hackett has it.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: RATTLER43 on February 04, 2015, 09:00:26 pm
Quote from: CincyGuyintheFort on February 04, 2015, 06:16:48 pm

Are you sure the tourney is at UCA?   I heard Hackett has it.

It is at Hackett....I'm assuming Cincy went off of my post at the top of the 2A forum that had district listed at Union Christian(I had bad information)

CincyGuyintheFort

Yes it was. Ok so at Hackett then. Dang, Union is a few blocks from me. U knew thwtd be too easy ha

groundgame

If Decatur beats E . Springs and Westside wins out Westside would get 2 seed , Westside Beat E. Springs by 7 E. Springs Beat Westside by 4

sports03

The Johnson County Westside Jr and Sr Girls teams clinched the conference titles last night by beating Hackett.  The Westside boys team defeated Hackett by a three pointer at the buzzer.  Great games all around at Westside for their Senior night.

groundgame

top seedsgirls 1 Westside 2 Mt. Burg
             Boys1 Decatur   2 Westside

Madmax

Looks like Eureka Springs vs. the winner of Decatur/Magazine for the Championship game Monday night.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Madmax on February 21, 2015, 07:10:44 pm
Looks like Eureka Springs vs. the winner of Decatur/Magazine for the Championship game Monday night.

magazine beat Decatur by 1

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas