• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jacksonville will break from PSSD

Started by Brian G, September 16, 2014, 09:19:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

ricepig

Brian G

SouthpawSensation

:'( Sniff, sniff ... way to hurt my feelings, guys. I think I'm taking my scenarios and go home ...  :'( :'( :'(

HorseFeathers

South paw i think it's just a given that your the resident guru when it comes to laying out the most logical conferences . . . Now if only we could get the A A A to employ you for that purpose. .

SouthpawSensation

I'm going to hold off any scenarios until the numbers are released, as well as finding out when the Jax-NP consolidation as one high school will actually take place.
I heard from a school official it won't happen until the 2018 season, but I've heard from others that it will happen in the next cycle.

AirWarren

SouthpawSensation

There's already going to be a domino effect because of Bentonville West in the 2016 cycle. But if the Jax-NP consoldiation is set for 2016, there's really going to be a ripple through the state's schools, as well as those who change because of attendance changes. Stay tuned to this one.

blue4hire

The jax/np consolidation is just as much a sylvan hills/np consolidation.  346 current North P/Jax students will be in the Sylvan Hills attendance zone.  Sylvan Hills is sitting at 995 right now so add those 346 and SH is over 1300 students as soon as the break occurs.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on September 17, 2014, 04:12:48 pm
There's already going to be a domino effect because of Bentonville West in the 2016 cycle. But if the Jax-NP consoldiation is set for 2016, there's really going to be a ripple through the state's schools, as well as those who change because of attendance changes. Stay tuned to this one.

Outside of the attendance changes...wouldn't the Bentonville West--New Jax high school basically cancel each other out below a certain point? Since basically we'll add a high school, and take one away?

ricepig

Quote from: HF on September 17, 2014, 06:45:22 pm
Quote from: SouthpawSensation on September 17, 2014, 04:12:48 pm

Outside of the attendance changes...wouldn't the Bentonville West--New Jax high school basically cancel each other out below a certain point? Since basically we'll add a high school, and take one away?

Could be two more 7A schools, which would create a domino effect.

Brian G

HorseFeathers

Quote from: B.G. on September 17, 2014, 07:51:48 pm
I could see a 18 team 7A.

It would be logical, since the 7A West is going to most likely end up with 9 schools that have a legitimate gripe if they get booted out of the west...

GuvHog

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on September 17, 2014, 09:20:04 am
I'm going to hold off any scenarios until the numbers are released, as well as finding out when the Jax-NP consolidation as one high school will actually take place.
I heard from a school official it won't happen until the 2018 season, but I've heard from others that it will happen in the next cycle.

I agree with this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.

There are too many unknowns right now. The new JV/NP district could be a 6A school and the increase in Sylvan Hill's enrollment could possibly push them up into the 6A classification or maybe not.

Lions84

woodpeckerfsm

Right now, Bentonville West may be a 10-11 HS when it opens in 2016, then a 10-12 school in 2017-18. If it plays a JV football schedule the 1st year, by AAA rules it will have to again in 2017 (or be independent), then be in a conference in 2018. It might play other sports (VB, Soccer, BKB, BSB, SB, track, etc), though I am not sure of the rule as far as the other sports go. Har-Ber joined the AAAAA-West in mid-cycle basketball in 2005-06, but not in FB until the 2006-08 cycle.

Also, there is NO guarantee that Jax and NP will merge, though I believe that is the likely scenario. They says that the break will not happen for 2 years, though I believe it will happen by the end of the 2015-16 season. If they plan to merge by 2016, great, but what if the school waits until the 2017 season in the middle of the cycle? That could be a cluster for whatever conference the schools are in.

Also would give JAX 1 year of a large school in a 5A conference. Camden Fairview did that for 2 years in the early 1990s when Fairview and Camden merged after the AAA had assigned conferences and schedules were coming together.

This will be situation we will have to wait and see where the chips fall.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: woodpeckerfsm on September 19, 2014, 11:48:08 am
Right now, Bentonville West may be a 10-11 HS when it opens in 2016, then a 10-12 school in 2017-18. If it plays a JV football schedule the 1st year, by AAA rules it will have to again in 2017 (or be independent), then be in a conference in 2018. It might play other sports (VB, Soccer, BKB, BSB, SB, track, etc), though I am not sure of the rule as far as the other sports go. Har-Ber joined the AAAAA-West in mid-cycle basketball in 2005-06, but not in FB until the 2006-08 cycle.

Also, there is NO guarantee that Jax and NP will merge, though I believe that is the likely scenario. They says that the break will not happen for 2 years, though I believe it will happen by the end of the 2015-16 season. If they plan to merge by 2016, great, but what if the school waits until the 2017 season in the middle of the cycle? That could be a cluster for whatever conference the schools are in.

Also would give JAX 1 year of a large school in a 5A conference. Camden Fairview did that for 2 years in the early 1990s when Fairview and Camden merged after the AAA had assigned conferences and schedules were coming together.

This will be situation we will have to wait and see where the chips fall.

That's the most common way that it happens...especially with all of the consolidations. We had a 3A sized school playing basketball/baseball in the 1A classification this past year.

Lions84

I expect to see it all broken up by 2020 -2025.

HorseFeathers

Brian G

Quote from: HF on September 25, 2014, 08:12:39 pm
Quote from: Lions84 on September 25, 2014, 02:37:40 pm

The PCSSD?
I think he means the AAA, the state of Arkansas and all high school football.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: B.G. on September 25, 2014, 08:18:37 pm
Quote from: HF on September 25, 2014, 08:12:39 pm
Quote from: Lions84 on September 25, 2014, 02:37:40 pm

The PCSSD?
I think he means the AAA, the state of Arkansas and all high school football.

With Lions84 I'm never quite sure what he's talking about...

jbtiger73

84, there has been talk of the same thing happening in Monroe co. as well with Brinkley and Clarendon. I know its the wrong thread for this, but its something similar.

AirWarren

Quote from: Lions84 on September 19, 2014, 08:34:13 am
Smart move by Jacksonville.

Maumelle needs to follow suit. Too nice of a high school and facilities to fall to the depths of the typical LR area schools and PCSSD.

ricepig

ADE voted today to allow the school district to form.

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: ricepig on November 13, 2014, 05:04:56 pm

What does that mean now?

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on November 13, 2014, 11:28:58 pm

What does that mean now?
Jacksonville, by itself, means nothing.
Jacksonville, if consolidated with North Pulaski, becomes a bigger deal and will make some changes in a future reclassification cycle. The question will be whether it happens in 2016 or 2018 or not at all.

ricepig

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on November 14, 2014, 12:54:52 am
Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on November 13, 2014, 11:28:58 pm

What does that mean now?
Jacksonville, by itself, means nothing.
Jacksonville, if consolidated with North Pulaski, becomes a bigger deal and will make some changes in a future reclassification cycle. The question will be whether it happens in 2016 or 2018 or not at all.

Well, it allowed Jacksonville and North Pulaski to form a school district. The ADG said a 4000 student school district, were they just talking about Jacksonville?

SouthpawSensation

The end of the story reads that this new district includes both Jacksonville and North Pulaski high schools, but nothing is in there about a consolidation.

blue4hire

North P gets shut down, about half the kids are zoned for Jax, the other half are zoned for Sylvan Hills.  I'm not sure about Jax, but if the new district started today, just under 400 kids would be added to Sylvan Hills.

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: blue4hire on November 14, 2014, 06:54:58 pm
North P gets shut down, about half the kids are zoned for Jax, the other half are zoned for Sylvan Hills.  I'm not sure about Jax, but if the new district started today, just under 400 kids would be added to Sylvan Hills.
If that is the case, it's really going to make the 2016-18 reclassification cycle really interesting.
North Pulaski is listed as having an average of 609 students in grades 9-11 in the 2014-16 cycle. Let's say its attendance is split 50-50, giving Jacksonville and Sylvan Hills about 300 students apiece.
Jacksonville would go from 680.33 to 980.33 and Sylvan Hills goes from 639.33 to 939.33. That would put both schools well into the 6A range (No. 25 and No. 28, respectively). That could not only drop Alma and Greenwood to 5A, but LR Parkview as well.

Lionheart88

In 5A, that would likely mean returning Greenwood and Alma to the West and sliding Maumelle and LRCA (plus Parkview) into the Central.

Lions84

Hootie

Quote from: AirWarren on September 29, 2014, 01:31:42 pm
Quote from: Lions84 on September 19, 2014, 08:34:13 am
Smart move by Jacksonville.

Maumelle needs to follow suit. Too nice of a high school and facilities to fall to the depths of the typical LR area schools and PCSSD.

With the growth of the Maumelle school district and the over-sized high school they built (obviously for planned growth) I could definitely see them falling suit with Jacksonville SD and leaving the PCSSD.

CincyGuyintheFort

Well as yall know, I just moved here in August....and my opinions, The AAA is to put it kindly, a cluster-flock it seems. A lot of the layouts and splits and classes, etc. Really dont seem like they are the most logical and reasonable. So I am with whoever said by 2020-2025 it'll be blown up. I think it shud be and a entire new governing body put in place.
Cuz I still cannot believe that the AAA don't require ALL basket all scores to be reported and documented to them. So in theory, you cud have a team gripe that they won a game that they really didn't, cause well. Who wud really truly know? I mean if u were there u wud know, but its not like the AAA cud make a true ruling cuz there is no system that documents all results. Which is ridiculous. I know it's a crazy scenario. But it could happen with how the system is set up.

And honestly, with 7a. Especially when Bentonville West is up and running fully, expand to 24 teams. 16 is a joke. Just not enough at all. Especially cuz it seems like Bentonville and Fayetteville win 80% of 7a championships.
I mean I dunno if even my ideas are any good for real, cuz there just isn't enough really big schools in this state. I mean how many schools actually have over 1600 kids? Like 4 or 5?  So its not like by expanding the class 24 wud hurt, these bigger schools are always going to be ahead of the others just by sheer numbers.  So schools like Greenwood, Pine Bluff, Jonesboro, even like PA and Alma, shud be all in the biggest class, an expanded 7a. But those are just my humble opinions

ricepig

The scorer's books are signed by the officials, I believe, it's not a problem that exists. If you wish to know the score between Bugtussle and Mt. Pilot, call the coaches, lol.

CincyGuyintheFort

I think only the scorer signs it, thats it.
Cuz I been at the table waiting to get point totals immediately following a game and I never seen a ref do it. The ref shud call, text, tweet, email, whatever the finals  in to the AAA, not like its a difficult thing to do. It is 2015,but the way things are done here sometimes, its like 1995 still

ricepig

Quote from: CincyGuyintheFort on January 27, 2015, 11:47:18 am
I think only the scorer signs it, thats it.
Cuz I been at the table waiting to get point totals immediately following a game and I never seen a ref do it. The ref shud call, text, tweet, email, whatever the finals  in to the AAA, not like its a difficult thing to do. It is 2015,but the way things are done here sometimes, its like 1995 still

They don't do it immediately after a game, they might get "involved" with fans, haha.   An official book should satisfy you for your concerns that XYZ doesn't claim a loss. If it was a problem, they would address it. Truthfully, I've never had a problem finding a score I was interested in.

CincyGuyintheFort

Yeah I hear ya. But in this day and age, with high schools sports being so large and almost big business nowadays. And really here in the Natural State cuz after the Razorbacks, high schools sports is next in popularity with no pro teams. I should not have to wait to Monday and call a school and get transferred 3x to get a men's varsity basketball score. Ya know what I mean ?

ricepig

Quote from: CincyGuyintheFort on January 27, 2015, 01:51:47 pm
Yeah I hear ya. But in this day and age, with high schools sports being so large and almost big business nowadays. And really here in the Natural State cuz after the Razorbacks, high schools sports is next in popularity with no pro teams. I should not have to wait to Monday and call a school and get transferred 3x to get a men's varsity basketball score. Ya know what I mean ?

Don't know what to tell you, it's obviously more important to you, then to those you are trying to get the score from, lol.

Brian G

If there was a problem with score reporting, they'd fix it.

A centralized spot might be nice but each conference police's itself.

Adjudicator

Quote from: ricepig on January 27, 2015, 11:33:49 am
The scorer's books are signed by the officials, I believe, it's not a problem that exists. If you wish to know the score between Bugtussle and Mt. Pilot, call the coaches, lol.
Rice we don't sign the books.  We have not been required to do this in last 27 years that I have worked basketball.  Once we leave the floor the game is considered "official".

OB11

Quote from: Adjudicator on January 28, 2015, 10:39:36 am
Rice we don't sign the books.  We have not been required to do this in last 27 years that I have worked basketball.  Once we leave the floor the game is considered "official".

Doesn't at least one ref have to sign the book before the game starts? 

ricepig

Ok, I know I've seen umps sign something in baseball, may that was their pay slip, haha. I guess I thought refs signed they scorer's book, to attest to it being official.

Rulesman

Quote from: OliverBoy11 on January 28, 2015, 10:44:59 am

No.

Brian G

January 28, 2015, 01:36:30 pm #44 Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 05:39:51 pm by B.G.
Quote from: Rulesman on January 28, 2015, 12:12:30 pm

No.

Missouri.

Lionheart88

Quote from: ricepig on January 28, 2015, 10:49:06 am

Ok, I know I've seen umps sign something in baseball, may that was their pay slip, haha. I guess I thought refs signed they scorer's book, to attest to it being official.
Can't speak for basketball, but I've never signed anything in soccer.  Well, except the form we fill out to get paid.

SUGARTOWN

I used to keep the book for Stuttgart and every high school game I did a referee would come get the book before the tip and have each head coach initial it as to their starting five and to make sure we had the correct numbers for the players.

As far as after the game, I never witnessed anyone sign it. I know I didn't.

Lions84

Quote from: jbtiger73 on September 29, 2014, 12:18:06 pm
84, there has been talk of the same thing happening in Monroe co. as well with Brinkley and Clarendon. I know its the wrong thread for this, but its something similar.
The Winds have changed in Ark and with the new boys in LR School Closings and Mergers is DOA!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas