• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren Lumberjacks vs Little rock Christian Academy at War Memorial Stadium

Started by AirWarren, July 22, 2016, 02:55:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Well, we are approaching a month away from football in this state. Is this game part of some sort of kickoff classic?

Warren returns the majority of their team from last year. A team that lost two games(PA, Nashville) both of which were state champions in their classes.

Only common opponent between the two opponents was Pulaski Academy. Warren lost to Pa in week 3 by a score of 71-40 and LRCA fell 42-7. I believe LRCA was a team that was undefeated up to that point and was a favorite to win 5a last year until getting throttled at home in the rain by the Bruins.

Warren returns all the offensive line and a big defensive line...along with skill players that include Arkansas target Treylon Burks and RB Dennis Daniels. The Warriors lost a huge senior class that had a lot of talent and experience.

Thoughts?

bulldoghistorian

PA Dad

As you note, LRCA lost 25 seniors, many of which were starters.  They will have to rely on many players who were not starters last year.  Most folks on the 5A board think that LRCA will be down this year.  But, they have a good coaching staff and some good young athletes.

I think this will be a good game, but I think Warren wins a close one.  I'll probably go watch this one.

AirWarren

PA Dad

Overdahill

AirWarren

beach bum

Warren 48 LR Christian 21.... The Jacks will prove to be too much in this one. Warren will be holding a trophy in WMS 14 weeks after the LR Christian game too if you know what I mean.

~WPS~

AirWarren

Jack1990

Lumberjackfan1978

Hoghead2

Warren 42 -14 over LRCA. Hill is a Sophmore I think ? LRCA isn't ready for the talent Warren still has. Warriors are a little too thin for the Lumberjacks !!!

AirWarren

Romeo

LR Christian has another sophomore, MJ Loggins, that I believe is going to be a top rated prospect in the future.

BigLion10

Last year I would've picked LRCA they were a machine. But that was last year and they lost a ton and our real young so I'm going with warren this season

Lumberjackfan1978

Warren could be a machine this year if everything falls in to place and no season ending injuries like last year, I'll go with warren by 28

AirWarren

I think the jacks win by 7. Depth against LRC could be an issue. They usually field a large team.

cuckoobird

Jack1990

incogneto

Hill is not on the football team.  Bowersock is the QB and he is capable.  The WR should be good along with the RB position. 

AirWarren

Is he not? I know nothing of that program and only saw what I saw in the reputable hootens.

Football Truth

cuckoobird

Football Truth

Warren will lose this game and of course they lose to Nashville.. again!

AirWarren

Quote from: Football Truth on August 03, 2016, 06:30:06 pm

Don't be especially upset hermit. Your season is only going to keep getting worse.

New field. Same team. Same reloading. Go back to the 2a board.

Sports Guru

Quote from: AirWarren on August 03, 2016, 06:54:40 pm
Don't be especially upset hermit. Your season is only going to keep getting worse.

New field. Same team. Same reloading. Go back to the 2a board.

Warren will win the State Title

LJ06

Sorry we all can't lose to mighty Mountainburg.

Romeo

Hermitage new coach prevents from responding with a clever comeback so I'll just say good luck to the Hermits this season.

AirWarren

LJ06

Lumberjackfan1978

we will just have to wait and see, but not likely

AirWarren

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on August 03, 2016, 09:10:07 pm
we will just have to wait and see, but not likely

I wish the hermits nothing but the best. But to start trash talking Warren. Ignorant.

Romeo

They're literally near the verge of having to suit up raccoons and possums to field a team and some fans want to talk smack. Hilarious. Sorry, had to get one out of the way.

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on August 03, 2016, 09:37:30 pm
They're literally near the verge of having to suit up raccoons and possums to field a team and some fans want to talk smack. Hilarious. Sorry, had to get one out of the way.

They do have the "Bradley county coon hunting" club off the highway.

Football Truth

Lol actually im from Warren so I don't care what the Hermits do. I'm a fan of the Thomas kid and wherever he's playing that's who I'm rooting for. Coons can't play football and Warren can't beat Nashville. Facts

AirWarren

We beat them in 2000 and 2001. They have won the last 4. They have had our number but I'll take 3 state titles and two runner ups all day.

~WPS~

AirWarren

cuckoobird

This is hilarious, it's the Dragon fans talking smack to the school in the north end of Arkansas county

LJ06

I don't have a prediction for this game just yet. I haven't gotten an opportunity to watch the guys practice, but will be in attendance for the scrimmage Monday. After I see the product on the field I'll give my two cents on this game.

AirWarren

On paper, Warren should win this game. However, this is a 5A school that will have some size, speed, and talent. LRCA lost 30 plus players from their senior class last year.

Warren will have the coaching advantage and athletic advantage. But LRCA will have good players and depth.

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on August 20, 2016, 11:19:04 am
On paper, Warren should win this game. However, this is a 5A school that will have some size, speed, and talent. LRCA lost 30 plus players from their senior class last year.

Warren will have the coaching advantage and athletic advantage. But LRCA will have good players and depth.

Private schools are never easy to defeat.

Romeo

I think the 2013 Warren team was the best we've had in the last eight years but I think this years team is about as talented. Last year, I wasn't optimistic. However, what was supposed to have been a rebuilding year turned into a 10-2 season and a quarterfinal appearance. Now you have a team returning with virtually every starter back on offense and most of your starters on defense, along with a player who might end up being one of the top recruits in the nation. I'm all the way up on this team. The only question mark is at linebacker.

NorthArkFball

Warren by 28...Lrca isn't bad just inexperienced.. While Warren on the other hand is prolly most experienced team in 4a.

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on August 20, 2016, 01:48:01 pm
I think the 2013 Warren team was the best we've had in the last eight years but I think this years team is about as talented. Last year, I wasn't optimistic. However, what was supposed to have been a rebuilding year turned into a 10-2 season and a quarterfinal appearance. Now you have a team returning with virtually every starter back on offense and most of your starters on defense, along with a player who might end up being one of the top recruits in the nation. I'm all the way up on this team. The only question mark is at linebacker.

Hard to replace a linebacker who started 4 years on defense.

Romeo

In my opinion, its harder to replace a defensive line than linebackers. I can't remember a year where we had a star linebacker graduate and didn't have nobody solid didn't replace him. From Michael Alexander, to Caleb Bateman, to Jon Durmon, to Bryan Church, to Jonathan Lee, to Kendrick Newton, etc. Linebacker position is a lot easier position to fill.

Lumberjackfan1978

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on August 20, 2016, 03:42:40 pm
In my opinion, its harder to replace a defensive line than linebackers. I can't remember a year where we had a star linebacker graduate and didn't have nobody solid didn't replace him. From Michael Alexander, to Caleb Bateman, to Jon Durmon, to Bryan Church, to Jonathan Lee, to Kendrick Newton, etc. Linebacker position is a lot easier position to fill.

I like that optimism!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas