• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Fearless 2016 Preseason Class 4A Top Ten

Started by LJ06, June 18, 2016, 04:40:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ06

June 18, 2016, 04:40:16 pm Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 04:43:47 pm by LJ06
THE FEARLESS TOP TEN

1.  Nashville (9) - 284
2.  Warren (6) - 280
3.  Pulaski Robinson - 178
4.  Prairie Grove - 174
5.  Pea Ridge - 156
6.  Stuttgart - 110
7.  Ashdown - 90
8.  Central Arkansas Christian - 66
9.  Malvern - 56
10.  Shiloh Christian - 48

Other Receiving Votes:  Arkadelphia (42), Dardanelle (40), Pottsville (36), Pocahontas (32), Hamburg (26), Fountain Lake (10), Dollarway (6), Gosnell (2)

Notes:  Numbers in parenthesis represent the number of first place votes that team received. A team with a number in a bracket beside it represents the change in rank from the prior week poll. An asterisk beside a team represents a team new to the top ten. This poll is the results of the votes of 15 people who have good knowledge of 4A football and have every conference represented.

Jack1990

AirWarren

WPWells

Looks good even though I inexplicably left out Robinson. I would've had them #3 anyway

GuvHog

I would've put Robinson at #2 this year and Warren at #3 because Robinson is pretty well LOADED.

LJ06

Quote from: GuvHog on June 19, 2016, 01:54:59 pm
I would've put Robinson at #2 this year and Warren at #3 because Robinson is pretty well LOADED.

One word. Coaching.

WPWells

~WPS~

Robinson was loaded last year too and lost to Pea Ridge.

Tigerdad2

They're loaded  with athletes but they refuse to block , tackle and be physical.

STUNNA

Quote from: GuvHog on June 19, 2016, 01:54:59 pm

only team that might be more loaded than Robinson is Warren... Warren should win the next two state titles... whether they do or not is another story..

Mr. Mercer

So if they don't win its all on Bo and coaching? How many did Warren win with Child's, Gragg and Wright?

LJ06

Quote from: Mr. Mercer on June 19, 2016, 06:13:38 pm
So if they don't win its all on Bo and coaching? How many did Warren win with Child's, Gragg and Wright?

Nah WPS pretty much answered this question in another thread.

STUNNA

it all comes down to line play... Nashville had the better line and won those years.

Mr. Mercer

June 19, 2016, 07:09:15 pm #14 Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 07:26:23 pm by Mr. Mercer
I completely agree on the line play comment. Same reason Robinson has had some troubles, especially with Dardanelle last year.  Should of beat Pea Ridge last year, but turned it over 6 times, all in the first half. Can't do that and expect to win. They may be more talented this year so we'll see. I do find it funny all the hate from PG fans who witnessed a very veteran tough PG team dominate a very young Robinson team 3 years ago. Should be an interesting year. A lot of big time talent in 4A football this year. Lots of D1 caliber players. 4-7A will be a battle every night.

AirWarren

If you saw the line play those years, you would understand why we lost state titles in 2006 and 2007.

Mr. Mercer

That's my point exactly AirWarren, Robinson has had some good guys up front but there's that old issue of depth. Tough on the big boys to go both ways.

AirWarren

Quote from: Mr. Mercer on June 19, 2016, 09:03:51 pm
That's my point exactly AirWarren, Robinson has had some good guys up front but there's that old issue of depth. Tough on the big boys to go both ways.

I'm 2006 and 2007, we had no kids going both ways on the line. In 2013, we had no players going both ways and we lost to booneville in the finals. In 2014, we had two way players on the line the entire year and won. Same in 2001-2002. I've always said I would take a coach that can coach and a team of 40 kids that can play football instead of a team of 76 with maybe 20 good football players.

BigLion10

I don't get it AW, when I played I never wanted to come out I always played both ways . So did most of the starters on my team

bigchief72455

Looks good to me. Pocahontas will be in the hunt though. ;D

Oldbadger

Quote from: BigLion10 on June 19, 2016, 09:17:49 pm
I don't get it AW, when I played I never wanted to come out I always played both ways . So did most of the starters on my team
Same way with me.  Hardly missed a down.  I usually had a nose bleed one or two times a game.  After playing Smackover one year and having a nose bleed the coach promised me a facemask before the next game.  Dang, I had just gotten one of those new fangled plastic helmets.  After that, no more nose bleeds. Strange about the curative powers of those face masks.

BigLion10

Oldbadger

Quote from: BigLion10 on June 20, 2016, 09:13:56 am
Back in the glory days huh badger
Yeah, didn't mean to derail the thread, just having a little fun after your playing both ways comment.  I did play back in the day though.  I picked Smackover because I did indeed get a bloody nose after the Badgers had their rear handed to us by a Smackover team that included three D-1 players (Razorbacks) and one who went on to play for the Buffalo Bills. Back then we had to play both ways because we didn't have enough players to sub into the game. lol

BigLion10

No harm done badger I was messing with you lol. We didn't have a lot either so most of us played both ways just like we wanted

GuvHog

Quote from: AirWarren on June 19, 2016, 08:58:13 pm
If you saw the line play those years, you would understand why we lost state titles in 2006 and 2007.

I DID see those Warren teams play. Those were some of the best teams Bo has had at Warren. Saying this years team is as talented as those is a stretch.

SUGARTOWN

FYI: Hooten's is available today at Big Red stores...

AirWarren

Quote from: GuvHog on June 20, 2016, 01:33:19 pm
I DID see those Warren teams play. Those were some of the best teams Bo has had at Warren. Saying this years team is as talented as those is a stretch.

You will never hear me say that. The closest talent we have had at Warren since then is when we won it in 2014.

~WPS~

Warrenites, how do you think this group of WRs at the end of their career at Warren will stack up to the WR groups of 01-02 and 06-07?

Romeo

Interesting Hooten's Top 10. Bit of a surprise.

beach bum

Prairie Grove a little too high... They will be a good team but I'd say 2nd round or quarterfinals depending on the playoff draw. I think the junior TE/DE #23 will be one of the players that jumps out on peoples' radar after this year though. They could win conference or finish as low as 3rd in the conference. The conference will have solid depth this year.

LJ06

Quote from: Romeo on June 20, 2016, 07:31:42 pm
Interesting Hooten's Top 10. Bit of a surprise.

Haven't gotten to see it just yet.

SUGARTOWN

Romeo

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on June 20, 2016, 07:59:21 pm
What is their top 10?
1. Nashville
2. Warren
3. Shiloh Christian
4. CAC
5. Pocahontas
6. Ashdown
7. Hamburg
8. Robinson
9. Pea Ridge
10. Stuttgart

LJ06

Quote from: Romeo on June 20, 2016, 08:01:03 pm
1. Nashville
2. Warren
3. Shiloh Christian
4. CAC
5. Pocahontas
6. Ashdown
7. Hamburg
8. Robinson
9. Pea Ridge
10. Stuttgart

Dang they are loving some SC

bigchief72455

Warren will have the edge this year over Nashville I believe.

Jack1990

1. Nashville
2. Warren
3. Shiloh Christian
4. CAC
5. Pocahontas
6. Ashdown
7. Hamburg
8. Robinson
9. Pea Ridge
10. Stuttgart

One word ... WOW!

beach bum

I do believe Shiloh is going to be very good.... The Ricebirds are way way way too high. They are going to have a tough time beating that team by the lake with a ferocious growl  8)

cuckoobird

Quote from: beach bum on June 20, 2016, 08:40:40 pm
I do believe Shiloh is going to be very good.... The Ricebirds are way way way too high. They are going to have a tough time beating that team by the lake with a ferocious growl  8)
Surely you aren't talking about the ferocious meowww of the lil black kitty cats

AirWarren

1. Nashville
2. Warren
3. Shiloh Christian
4. CAC
5. Pocahontas
6. Ashdown
7. Hamburg
8. Robinson
9. Pea Ridge
10. Stuttgart

Shiloh should be good. But wow.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: beach bum on June 20, 2016, 08:40:40 pm

You're right. Ricebirds will be lucky to field a team this year.

polksalet

Quote from: bigchief72455 on June 20, 2016, 08:13:46 pm
Warren will have the edge this year over Nashville I believe.

Warren is very good but imo last year Nashville started about a 5 year run of the most dominant line in 4a. At least compared to what 4a usually has to offer.

Superjack45

Quote from: polksalet on June 21, 2016, 07:17:39 am
Warren is very good but imo last year Nashville started about a 5 year run of the most dominant line in 4a. At least compared to what 4a usually has to offer.
Yeah you might be right but Snell and Grundy are gone.

AirWarren

Quote from: polksalet on June 21, 2016, 07:17:39 am

That line last year. Fantastic. IMO, Nashville is just a program that can produce some good linemen.

beach bum

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 21, 2016, 06:30:40 am
Surely you aren't talking about the ferocious meowww of the lil black kitty cats

Hey, they just might get lucky and have your number once a decade....

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: AirWarren on June 21, 2016, 06:48:17 am
Shiloh should be good. But wow.

They must know something I don't... I hope...

We Are Shiloh

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on June 21, 2016, 09:03:57 am

It'll be the same as usual... thin in numbers, and hope for no injuries

polksalet

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on June 21, 2016, 09:03:57 am

They had the toughest qb in 4a last year. That kid took a beating and kept going.

Superjack45

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Lanny on July 20, 2016, 08:16:19 am
4A

1. Warren
2. Shiloh Christian
3. Nashville
4. Stuttgart
5. Pea Ridge
6. Ashdown
7. CAC
8. Joe T. Robinson