• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nashville Offseason

Started by ~WPS~, June 06, 2016, 07:13:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack1990

AirWarren

AirWarren

What's the logo on the field say?

~WPS~

AirWarren

~WPS~

Diamond Bank. They were the top donor.

AirWarren

I'm wondering how our donors will line up and who will be on ours.

Looks good. Thanks for the updates.

~WPS~

Have you heard when Warren is going to start rolling out the turf?

scrapdawgof06

Quote from: ~WPS~ on July 17, 2016, 09:12:17 pm
If their timeline is anything like ours has been on that part, it should be all laid out by the end of the week... if their crew actually shows up that is... seems to me that the crew has been dragging their feet

AirWarren

Quote from: ~WPS~ on July 17, 2016, 09:12:17 pm

Supposed to have this weekend.

polksalet

Quote from: AirWarren on July 17, 2016, 09:21:48 pm
Supposed to have this weekend.

Dang, y'all behind Nashville in everything.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: polksalet on July 17, 2016, 09:44:02 pm
Dang, y'all behind Nashville in everything.
well if you're gonna be behind, be behind Nashville

Jack1990

Was supposed to start this weekend. That's correct. For some reason the turf got delayed in shipping. Not sure if it was the weather or some other issue.

Lumberjackfan1978

Maybe they can get started this week I'm ready to see the finished product

scrapman

Looks great. Live the design. What will Warren's look like?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: scrapman on July 18, 2016, 12:59:51 am
Looks great. Live the design. What will Warren's look like?

Just a hunch, but I'll say green with white stripes and a logo in the middle.

Jack1990

Don't want to clutter up Nashville's thread with pics of our stadium so I'll give you a link to the artist's rendering of ours.

http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=146028.msg3347870#msg3347870

~WPS~

July 18, 2016, 08:15:09 pm #117 Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 08:38:39 pm by ~WPS~
From Southwest Arkansas Radio...
"The Nashville School Board voted to move forward with plans to implement a soccer program in grades nine through twelve at tonight's monthly board meeting.  Superintendent Doug Graham says this would include both a boys and girls team if there is enough interest in the program.  He expects the startup cost to be around $20,000, which would include equipment and goals.  The district would also provide uniforms.  The district has received two bids for the equipment purchases, however will further discuss the implementation of soccer at the August board meeting."

Overdahill

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on July 18, 2016, 06:11:34 am
Just a hunch, but I'll say green with white stripes and a logo in the middle.

What? Not orange with black stripes? :D

AirWarren

Quote from: ~WPS~ on July 18, 2016, 08:15:09 pm
"The Nashville School Board voted to move forward with plans to implement a soccer program in grades nine through twelve at tonight's monthly board meeting.  Superintendent Doug Graham says this would include both a boys and girls team if there is enough interest in the program.  He expects the startup cost to be around $20,000, which would include equipment and goals.  The district would also provide uniforms.  The district has received two bids for the equipment purchases, however will further discuss the implementation of soccer at the August board meeting."

Congrats. I think Nashville has the potential to be a good soccer program.

Jack1990

Quote from: ~WPS~ on July 18, 2016, 08:15:09 pm
Nice move Nashville...Glad to see you join the soccer ranks!

polksalet

It's just an excuse formula to be better than DeQueen in something else.

Marblehog

Quote from: polksalet on July 19, 2016, 11:08:28 pm
It's just an excuse formula to be better than DeQueen in something else.
Haha good luck with that Sir

~WPS~

The visitors bleachers are nearing completion.

scrapdawgof06

Quote from: ~WPS~ on July 24, 2016, 04:24:56 pm
The visitors bleachers are nearing completion.

We're the gates locked when you went up?

~WPS~

Quote from: scrapdawgof06 on July 24, 2016, 04:42:50 pm
We're the gates locked when you went up?
Not today. They were yesterday.

scrapdawgof06

Quote from: ~WPS~ on July 24, 2016, 04:44:59 pm
Not today. They were yesterday.
I wonder why it was locked up  yesterday and not when the heavy equipment was running...

~WPS~

Quote from: scrapdawgof06 on July 24, 2016, 04:46:51 pm
I wonder why it was locked up  yesterday and not when the heavy equipment was running...
I thought the same thing.

SCRAP_DAWG09

Love the idea of us gutting new bleachers but I wish they'd went with something a bit bigger. Hate seeing such a massive home side and tiny visitor bleachers.

~WPS~

Quote from: SCRAP_DAWG09 on July 24, 2016, 05:26:48 pm
Love the idea of us gutting new bleachers but I wish they'd went with something a bit bigger. Hate seeing such a massive home side and tiny visitor bleachers.
Don't really need them any bigger. They don't get close to being full unless Hope, Arkadelphia, or Ashdown have a good year...which is once a decade.

SCRAP_DAWG09

July 24, 2016, 05:53:55 pm #131 Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 09:35:34 pm by SCRAP_DAWG09
I would have lifted them from the ground about the same height as the home side and stretched them from light post to light post. And most schools in Texas don't ever fill the visitor side but they still build them a decent size to some what match.

Cheek

I know pictures can be deceiving,  but why are they so far ok the track.  Will need binoculars to watch the game.

~WPS~

July 25, 2016, 12:21:58 am #133 Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 12:36:43 am by ~WPS~
Quote from: Cheek on July 24, 2016, 10:58:13 pm
I know pictures can be deceiving,  but why are they so far ok the track.  Will need binoculars to watch the game.
They are in the same place as the old bleachers. The gap between the track and bleachers is about a 5 yard incline. I couldn't tell you why it was originally constructed with a gap, I wasn't alive back then. The biggest complaint I heard over the years was they were too low. The new ones are built off the ground.

Hoghead2

Quote from: ~WPS~ on July 24, 2016, 05:37:18 pm
Don't really need them any bigger. They don't get close to being full unless Hope, Arkadelphia, or Ashdown have a good year...which is once a decade.
Hope brings a standing room only crowd to the Hill as always. Nice punch though LOL !  It was time for those old bleachers to go. See ya in 6 weeks at Hammons Stadium in Hope Sept.2

~WPS~

Quote from: Hoghead2 on July 25, 2016, 01:14:51 am
Hope brings a standing room only crowd to the Hill as always. Nice punch though LOL !  It was time for those old bleachers to go. See ya in 6 weeks at Hammons Stadium in Hope Sept.2
Hard to believe it's only 6 more weeks. How are the Bobcats looking this year?

cuckoobird

Quote from: ~WPS~ on July 25, 2016, 12:21:58 am
They are in the same place as the old bleachers. The gap between the track and bleachers is about a 5 yard incline. I couldn't tell you why it was originally constructed with a gap, I wasn't alive back then. The biggest complaint I heard over the years was they were too low. The new ones are built off the ground.
They were definitely too low. I remember sitting on the top row and barely being able to see over the players on the sideline

~WPS~

Quote from: cuckoobird on July 25, 2016, 02:23:28 pm
They were definitely too low. I remember sitting on the top row and barely being able to see over the players on the sideline

I was a proponent of not having visitors bleachers and making fans sit on the ground or bring lawn chairs.

cuckoobird

Quote from: ~WPS~ on July 25, 2016, 05:07:44 pm
I was a proponent of not having visitors bleachers and making fans sit on the ground or bring lawn chairs.
wouldn't have been much different than what was previously there...

Hoghead2

Quote from: ~WPS~ on July 25, 2016, 01:27:19 am
Hard to believe it's only 6 more weeks. How are the Bobcats looking this year?

The Cats will be competitive.  See ya Sept. 2nd !

~WPS~

Jack1990

Quote from: ~WPS~ on July 27, 2016, 10:50:21 am
The finished product.

Well done Nashville.  That looks great!

LJ06

~WPS~

In today's newspaper it mentioned a small press box being added to the visitors bleachers. Also, if needed in the future the visitors bleachers could double in size.

Lumberjackfan1978

Good job Nashville, the field looks great

Gray lizard

Looks like the visitors bleachers are a lot more than 5 yards off the track.  Looks great, but I am still not a fan of turf.  It is just to hot in the early season.  Nashville can be proud of their facilities.

~WPS~

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas