• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dollarway Job

Started by DWayAlumn2002, June 02, 2016, 07:47:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DWayAlumn2002

Cortez Lee headed to White Hall for an assistant role? Not sure.

AirWarren

Quote from: DWayAlumn2002 on June 02, 2016, 07:47:41 pm
Cortez Lee headed to White Hall for an assistant role? Not sure.

With the school always being in academic distress or fiscal distress, new supes every year, and lots of instability, I'm not surprised. The dollarway facilities are in Sad shape and it's going to take a lot to get that place turned around. Not just athletics. Lots of potential for the school but poor leaders.

Lionheart88

I have a friend who talked to him at the White Hall city park the other day (apparently he umpires in our city softball league.  Who knew?) and mentioned something about him maybe coming this way.  I didn't really think anything of it at the time, but it certainly could be.  With Skip Carr retiring from coaching, we do have a vacancy for a high school assistant.

Romeo

If lee is leaving, I wouldn't be surprised to see Lee Hardman take over for the season.

DWayAlumn2002

Last 3 coaches (Jordan, Shelton, Lee) had pretty decent tenures. Dollarway isn't going to shut down for millionth time! Hardman isn't going to coach D-Way after the controversy with him as AD. Heard he's retiring. Idk. Whoever gets the job gonna have access to great athletes and a loyal fan base. Gonna be tough tho. But I think we are gonna bounce back.

Wonderdog

Was he named head baseball coach? or just an assistant football coach?

DWayAlumn2002

I don't know exactly. I just heard he's leaving.

Lionheart88

June 03, 2016, 12:31:46 am #7 Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 10:43:44 am by Lionheart88
Quote from: Wonderdog on June 02, 2016, 11:58:22 pm
Was he named head baseball coach? or just an assistant football coach?
I haven't heard that he's officially been named anything, but my guess would be just a football assistant.

Jimbo Morphis

Mairzy Doats

Could be a lot more here. Lee was an all-everything baseball player at Westark and NE Okla, and baseball has always been his favorite sport. Doesn't surprise me he does some umpiring...he loves being around the diamond. Perhaps Carr's departure will give him a chance to help out with baseball at a first-rate program. That, along with the issues at Dollarway, may have perked his interest.

I wish Dollarway the best. Some of the most loyal fans and dedicated staff you will find. They fight the good fight every day.

NorthArkFball

Played baseball with him at West Ark he was something else. But when I ask people in dollarway they seemed unhappy with him.

Beardad

So what's next for the Cardinals?

Any prospective coaches on staff to move up?

What kind of interest will this job draw?

I see "bring back Hardiman", "bring back Barbaree", no calls to "bring back Shelton?"

GuvHog

Quote from: Romeo on June 02, 2016, 10:44:52 pm
If lee is leaving, I wouldn't be surprised to see Lee Hardman take over for the season.

I doubt that Lee Hardman would take the job. Isn't he currently involved in a lawsuit against the Dollarway School District??

Lumberjackfan1978

What about Jordan coming back

coachsearch

Is it officially open or just hear say?

Prof W.W. Wormwood

PBHS OC Antonio Lovelady would be the ideal candidate.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on June 03, 2016, 04:13:59 pm
What about Jordan coming back
that would be scary for the 8-4a.

Beardad

Would it be scary?  Would it? Are you speaking in terms of toting the rock for DWay as a 17 year old or the current Robey head football coach who enjoys that bi-monthly paycheck whilst eyeing retirement?

GuvHog

Quote from: Beardad on June 06, 2016, 09:40:38 am
Would it be scary?  Would it? Are you speaking in terms of toting the rock for DWay as a 17 year old or the current Robey head football coach who enjoys that bi-monthly paycheck whilst eyeing retirement?

The state should have shut that district down years ago and divided the students between WC and White Hall.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Beardad on June 06, 2016, 09:40:38 am
huh?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: GuvHog on June 06, 2016, 03:31:51 pm
The state should have shut that district down years ago and divided the students between WC and White Hall.
and white hall just wants the good football players right?

GuvHog

Quote from: Oldman on June 06, 2016, 03:34:31 pm
and white hall just wants the good football players right?

It isn't about what White Hall wants. The Dollarway School District has been in distress for years so why keep prolonging the inevitable??

Lionheart88

Quote from: GuvHog on June 06, 2016, 03:31:51 pm
Pine Bluff is welcome to take their fair share as well.  Heck give some of the ones across the river to districts in surrounding counties.

Mairzy Doats

Am I goofy for asking if this is for sure finalized yet?

I ask because I've been clicking upon the Pine Bluff Commercial Web site for the last few days, figuring there would be some news and maybe even something from Lee or Hardman.

Instead the sports headlines include:
The annual kids fishing derby
Advice on how to stay active in old age
Something called "self-examination" (sounds painful)
An editorial called "Go God Go" (is He running in the Belmont Stakes?)
An article about cleaning pus from an abscess (I didn't know that was a sport, but there goes my breakfast.)

With the district seemingly at a crossroads, a huge football tradition and one of its favorite sons heading down the road, I'd like to learn more about this. But I suppose that in order to save money, the newspaper has simply poured farm corn all over its keyboards and brought in some hens to peck randomly.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Mairzy Doats on June 07, 2016, 10:07:47 am

I ask because I've been clicking upon the Pine Bluff Commercial Web site for the last few days, figuring there would be some news and maybe even something from Lee or Hardman.

An article about cleaning pus from an abscess (I didn't know that was a sport, but there goes my breakfast.)

With the district seemingly at a crossroads, a huge football tradition and one of its favorite sons heading down the road, I'd like to learn more about this. But I suppose that in order to save money, the newspaper has simply poured farm corn all over its keyboards and brought in some hens to peck randomly.
+1

Lionheart88

Quote from: Mairzy Doats on June 07, 2016, 10:07:47 am

Everyone I know who's said anything about it acts like it's official.  The Commercial isn't exactly a hotbed of journalistic excellence.  Once something's announced at a school board meeting it'll probably show up.

Beardad

Quote from: GuvHog on June 06, 2016, 03:38:24 pm
It isn't about what White Hall wants. The Dollarway School District has been in distress for years so why keep prolonging the inevitable??

And good old Dollarway South with the incredible leadership they have isn't too far behind

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Beardad on June 07, 2016, 11:14:57 am

And good old Dollarway South with the incredible leadership they have isn't too far behind
Monticello?

AirWarren

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on June 07, 2016, 03:01:40 pm
Arm tired from flaccid casting today?
nope, can cast with either arm.

Romeo

I nominate AW for the Dollarway job with LJ06 as OC and oldman as the academic advisor.

Superjack45

Why is it so hard for Dway to get it together with a school in the surrounding area of Pine Bluff. But it has been a big decline in about 20 years.

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on June 07, 2016, 05:28:42 pm
I nominate AW for the Dollarway job with LJ06 as OC and oldman as the academic advisor.

5 wide every down.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: Beardad on June 03, 2016, 01:18:07 pm
So what's next for the Cardinals?

Any prospective coaches on staff to move up?

What kind of interest will this job draw?

I see "bring back Hardiman", "bring back Barbaree", no calls to "bring back Shelton?"
Shelton is coming back

GuvHog

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on June 08, 2016, 06:41:21 pm
Shelton is coming back

I guess he decided to come out of retirement. He really had no desire to coach any more when he retired as Chapel HC.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on June 08, 2016, 06:41:21 pm
Shelton is coming back
wishbone all the way down the field then the spread inside the 20 is back.

CARDINAL PRIDE!!!

Lee Hardman is the head coach

Jimbo Morphis

cuckoobird

could be trouble for the 8-4a

beach bum

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 10, 2016, 08:42:02 am
could be trouble for the 8-4a

How? Does he have a magic wand to cure the district's overall problems?

cuckoobird

Quote from: beach bum on June 10, 2016, 08:45:35 am
How? Does he have a magic wand to cure the district's overall problems?
the district may have problems but talent on the football field isn't one of them. Lee had the talent to win multiple state titles or make a serious run for them but never could make it past the 3rd round. Hardman won't have that problem unless he can't get the boys to buy into his way of doing things. Look up the Dollarway stats and those titles year after year, guess who was coaching then

Jimbo Morphis

AirWarren

zebradynasty

Has this been confirmed? Not talking against it but Hardman is getting up in age. The game has changed a lot since he walked the sidelines.

Romeo

1991 was a long time ago and Lee Hardman was 25 years younger. Most of the time, a coach is not the same coach he was when he was younger. 

beach bum

Dollarway won't sniff Warren when it comes to being top dog year after year in the 8-4A no matter who is in charge at Dollarway....

Mairzy Doats

On one side of the coin, Dollarway is putting a lot into early 90s nostalgia. Hardman's teams back in the day were pure butter and he moved on to rescue UAPB from double-secret NAIA probation and made the initially competitive in the SWAC. This was all with a weight room that doubled as a run-down ROTC armory, locker rooms that probably bred tetanus and a Pumphrey Stadium that to this day leads locals to say either "I saw Walter Payton play there" or "I'm not sure how those stands never collapsed." But he somehow made it work and is single-handedly responsible for some of the best football to be played in a major football town.

Of course, there is also the Hardman who could never capitalize on the university's investment of Golden Lion Stadium...his last three seasons could best be described with that always-damning phrase for a ball coach "he's a really nice man." Lots of folks felt the game did pass him by in the last few seasons, and UAPB played before a lot of empty seats. Even if his successor, Mo Forte, managed to offend every single human he came across, no one seemed to miss Hardman that much.

Time changes a lot, though. Look, the reality is that Hardman is probably the best short-term solution at this time. It was a late vacancy. The district pays squat. The infrastructure is a nightmare. And the district has chewed up and spat out more would-be saviors than Gotham City. As it is, he will lend stability and discipline and make the most of what he has without complaining. No, the Cards won't be thumping Warren anytime soon, but they can slide into the playoffs. That's probably the best that can be hoped for.

Hootie

Quote from: beach bum on June 10, 2016, 01:39:36 pm
Dollarway won't sniff Warren when it comes to being top dog year after year in the 8-4A no matter who is in charge at Dollarway....

Hahahahahahahaha

zebradynasty

Quote from: beach bum on June 10, 2016, 01:39:36 pm

Didn't Dollarway have a 3 game win streak against Warren until last year?

beach bum

Quote from: zebradynasty on June 10, 2016, 05:33:44 pm
Didn't Dollarway have a 3 game win streak against Warren until last year?

I will give Dollarway credit when they stop losing in the playoffs way before Warren to teams like perennial powers Clinton & Highland  ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas