• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stuttgart Coach

Started by beach bum, May 26, 2016, 06:00:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Romeo

Home run hire for Stuttgart.

mtindian42

cuckoobird

He's got a lot of talent to win with. He better do it soon.

SUGARTOWN

Jeremy Muck
‏@JeremyMuckADG
"Just spoke w/ new Stuttgart Coach Josh Price. Calls winning expectations at Stuttgart something "you want" as a football coach"

This is what I like to hear and probably one of the reasons he was hired. He's not shying away from expectations.

cuckoobird

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on May 31, 2016, 04:30:55 pm
Jeremy Muck
‏@JeremyMuckADG
"Just spoke w/ new Stuttgart Coach Josh Price. Calls winning expectations at Stuttgart something "you want" as a football coach"

This is what I like to hear and probably one of the reasons he was hired. He's not shying away from expectations.
+1

WPWells

I'd expect Stuttgart to be on the right track quickly. Dardanelle had no history and he made them contenders

AirWarren

Quote from: Fred Bird on May 31, 2016, 04:53:57 pm
I'd expect Stuttgart to be on the right track quickly. Dardanelle had no history and he made them contenders

Dardanelle benefitted from a solid senior class that graduated this year and the transfer of a young man from Robinson by the name of Kristian Thompson. That was one of those once in a lifetime classes in a town like Dardanelle. And anyone from that town will tell you that.

Will be interested to see what he can do though.

Grand Prairie

Quote from: AirWarren on May 31, 2016, 04:58:56 pm
Dardanelle benefitted from a solid senior class that graduated this year and the transfer of a young man from Robinson by the name of Kristian Thompson. That was one of those once in a lifetime classes in a town like Dardanelle. And anyone from that town will tell you that.

This!

In nine seasons Price should have been able to build a program with sustainability. What happens when this senior class leaves? Will Dardanelle stay at or near the top?

Price is the only coach that Stuttgart considered and there were some good names interested... time will tell.

Lacerta agilis

May 31, 2016, 09:17:50 pm #58 Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 09:37:34 am by Lacerta agilis
Quote from: AirWarren on May 31, 2016, 04:58:56 pm

The last two senior classes were phenomenal, but once in a lifetime may be a stretch. The 2006 was just as loaded with talent (maybe more so), but didn't get the results on the field. I agree Dardanelle doesn't have the luxury of that kind of talent year in and year out, only once in a blue moon.

Wahls

Lumberjackfan1978

Good hire for Stuttgart

Gray lizard

I had a feeling Price might leave after this year.  He has grown into a fine coach.  I really expected he might land in a 6A or 7A school.  I did not know about his Stuttgart connection. Even with the tie this move was a surprise for me.  Best of luck to coach Price and the birds.

Jimbo Morphis

Can't believe someone would leave that area of the state for flat ugly farm land and bugs.

Gray lizard

Quote from: Oldman on June 01, 2016, 02:26:43 pm
Can't believe someone would leave that area of the state for flat ugly farm land and bugs.

Is the coon hunting good in the Stuttgart area.

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on June 01, 2016, 02:26:43 pm
Dardanelle looks a lot like the delta. Very flat. Just so happens to be closer in proximity to the mountains. 

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Gray lizard on June 01, 2016, 02:30:26 pm
Is the coon hunting good in the Stuttgart area.
nope, the skeeters eat them.

Wahls

Quote from: Grand Prairie on May 31, 2016, 05:04:52 pm
Price is the only coach that Stuttgart considered

I'm not going to go into detail but that's not exactly true.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Wahls on June 01, 2016, 07:08:40 pm

Thanks for sparing us your "insight." It doesn't matter anyway.

Wahls

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on June 01, 2016, 07:51:49 pm
Thanks for sparing us your "insight." It doesn't matter anyway.

It may in a couple years.

Grand Prairie

Quote from: Wahls on June 01, 2016, 07:08:40 pm

Meh, there were plenty of names letting it be known that they were interested and I'm sure the superintendent listened (B. Bolding, Paschal, Patton) but Price was the target from day one.... and that's been the case since the season ended.

If the Superintendent had hired anyone else after going all lone ranger when Elmore left he would have been on a short leash himself.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter. Whether the first choice or last choice, Price is the guy.

SUGARTOWN

Wahls

nmyeyes

if you cannot win at Stuttgart you probably need to get out of Coaching. One of the Top 5 jobs in the State as far as winning. For someone who likes to Hunt/Fish maybe the Top Job in the state. Even Bo would look!!!!!

SUGARTOWN

More good news for Ricebird fans.

Parsing from the Stuttgart Daily Leader:
"The Stuttgart School Board approved the hiring of a new head baseball coach Tuesday night and the name is familiar to Ricebird fans. Kevin Youngblood will return to the Stuttgart baseball program following three seasons away from the Rice and Duck Capitol of the World after leading the Ricebirds to the 4A state title game in 2013.
In addition to leading the baseball program Youngblood will serve as a defensive assistant on Josh Price's first staff. Youngblood served as the defensive coordinator for Stuttgart's 2012 state title winning football team."

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on June 17, 2016, 03:36:15 pm
More good news for Ricebird fans.

Parsing from the Stuttgart Daily Leader:
"The Stuttgart School Board approved the hiring of a new head baseball coach Tuesday night and the name is familiar to Ricebird fans. Kevin Youngblood will return to the Stuttgart baseball program following three seasons away from the Rice and Duck Capitol of the World after leading the Ricebirds to the 4A state title game in 2013.
In addition to leading the baseball program Youngblood will serve as a defensive assistant on Josh Price’s first staff. Youngblood served as the defensive coordinator for Stuttgart’s 2012 state title winning football team."

is this the bb coach that cuck didn't like?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Oldman on June 20, 2016, 09:29:57 am

IDK, he'll have to answer that.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Oldman on June 20, 2016, 09:29:57 am
I like everyone!!

Wahls

Quote from: nmyeyes on June 13, 2016, 11:28:39 am
if you cannot win at Stuttgart you probably need to get out of Coaching. One of the Top 5 jobs in the State as far as winning.

You guys can convince yourselves of anything.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: AirWarren on June 01, 2016, 03:00:05 pm
Dardanelle looks a lot like the delta. Very flat. Just so happens to be closer in proximity to the mountains. 

all the way down to a smaller version of the mosquitoes....

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Wahls on June 22, 2016, 08:50:26 pm
You guys can convince yourselves of anything.
nmyeyes is not from there. he was a pretty good college football player in his day. I'm sure would love for you to share some of your vast knowledge of the game with him.

Wahls

Quote from: Oldman on June 28, 2016, 12:52:43 pm
nmyeyes is not from there. he was a pretty good college football player in his day. I'm sure would love for you to share some of your vast knowledge of the game with him.

I don't care if the ghost of Bear Bryant walks in and tries to claim it, Stuttgart is not a top 5 job in the state.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Wahls on June 28, 2016, 01:37:42 pm
I don't care if the ghost of Bear Bryant walks in and tries to claim it, Stuttgart is not a top 5 job in the state.

In the state, no. In 4A, yes.

Romeo

Top Five 4A Jobs:
1. Nashville
2. Warren
3. Shiloh Christian
4. CAC
5. Stuttgart

Wahls

June 28, 2016, 01:55:28 pm #83 Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 02:05:29 pm by Wahls
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on June 28, 2016, 01:43:13 pm
In the state, no. In 4A, yes.

If winning like 15 13 games in 3 years makes you a top 5 program in 4a for winning, then there are a lot of top 5 teams in 4a.

EDIT: It was 13.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Wahls on June 28, 2016, 01:55:28 pm
If winning like 15 13 games in 3 years makes you a top 5 program in 4a for winning, then there are a lot of top 5 teams in 4a.

EDIT: It was 13.

You're confusing top CURRENT programs with top coaching jobs. Those are two different things.

Facilities, tradition, fan support, community involvement and athletes throughout the years all go into making a top job, not one or two good classes and good run of wins.

While I definitely consider Warren a top program, we won't know if it's a top JOB until after Hembree leaves as it wasn't a top job before he arrived.

Nashville and Stuttgart have been top destinations for decades as they've thrived with many different coaches.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on June 28, 2016, 02:38:42 pm
You're confusing top CURRENT programs with top coaching jobs. Those are two different things.

Facilities, tradition, fan support, community involvement and athletes throughout the years all go into making a top job, not one or two good classes and good run of wins.

While I definitely consider Warren a top program, we won't know if it's a top JOB until after Hembree leaves as it wasn't a top job before he arrived.

Nashville and Stuttgart have been top destinations for decades as they've thrived with many different coaches.
salary and perks should be in there.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Oldman on June 28, 2016, 03:02:19 pm
salary and perks should be in there.

Yep, for sure. Those are big pluses too.

Wahls

June 28, 2016, 03:39:55 pm #87 Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 03:44:44 pm by Wahls
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on June 28, 2016, 02:38:42 pm

When did Hembree show up? Late 90's? I don't think what happened in the late 90's is particularly relevant to the quality of a job now.

Warren has 35 more wins since 2001, they've probably produced 20+ D1 athletes since that time. Did Hembree bring a lab with him, set it up in his garage, and simultaneously become the worlds foremost expert in gene doping?

But ultimately you are right. Warren and Stuttgart are not comparable. Stuttgart is staring directly into the face of not breaking 20 wins over 4 years.

nmyeyes

Wahls, what do you do for a living?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Wahls on June 28, 2016, 03:39:55 pm
Did Hembree bring a lab with him, set it up in his garage, and simultaneously become the worlds foremost expert in gene doping?

But ultimately you are right. Warren and Stuttgart are not comparable.

I'm not sure, but those players definitely weren't there before he got there.

And you're right, one is a 15 year program, the other is a 75 year program. But top program the last few years is not the argument, you're still confused about that.

Wahls

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on June 28, 2016, 03:45:24 pm
And you're right, one is a 15 year program, the other is a 75 year program. But top program the last few years is not the argument, you're still confused about that.

The original point was:

Quote from: nmyeyes on June 13, 2016, 11:28:39 amOne of the Top 5 jobs in the State as far as winning.

So do you take a job to win now, or do you take a job to win 75 years ago?

nmyeyes

I take a job that wins for 75 years! you did not answer my question. What do you do for a living?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Wahls on June 28, 2016, 03:47:52 pm
The original point was:

So do you take a job to win now, or do you take a job to win 75 years ago?

And my point was that it remains to be seen if Warren can win without Hembree. We KNOW Stuttgart can win with any number of coaches.

I'm not trying to bash Warren, but I think even Jack fans will admit they weren't a good program until Bo arrived.

AirWarren

Warren has always had a winning program. Very rarely did we have losing seasons. Now, Warren never got over the state title hump like Stuttgart or Nashville. But to assume Warren was a 2-3 win a season type of program prior to 2000 is a bit of a stretch.

Nevertheless. Carry on. It's an interesting debate.

nmyeyes

I cannot understand why he will not tell us what he does for a living. Simple question. Maybe he/she is still a student, That's okay also, just very curious on what he/she does for a living.

Wahls

I work in law enforcement.

I have about 15 people on this board on my Facebook. It isn't some conspiracy to ignore you, Sugartown's point of view is more interesting to me right now.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on June 28, 2016, 03:54:38 pm
Warren has always had a winning program. Very rarely did we have losing seasons. Now, Warren never got over the state title hump like Stuttgart or Nashville. But to assume Warren was a 2-3 win a season type of program prior to 2000 is a bit of a stretch.

Nevertheless. Carry on. It's an interesting debate.

Yeah, I didn't mean they were like DeWitt or something.  :D

Honestly, I just didn't know or hear much about Warren until Stuttgart dropped down in class.

nmyeyes

Law enforcement is great. Thank you for your service. When you were choosing where you wanted to work why did you choose  your current location?

AirWarren

Warren held their own. I used to know a website of their decade by decade records.

I think I had it calculated at a 7-8 win per season program as far back as records go. Romeo has more information on that. 96-98 was one of our best chances to win state prior to Hembree. Alma, Ozark, and Hamburg took care of us those years. Hamburg played in the title game, alma won it that year and I think Ozark was a semi or final team.

nmyeyes

give me the 5 better coaching jobs in your mind?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas