• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Robinson getting turf

Started by Mr. Mercer, March 30, 2016, 06:27:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Mercer

Will be breaking ground first of May. Big time for them.

prHOG13

AirWarren

Good for Robinson. They will have a nice facility once things are done.

I look for the LRSD and the rest of the PCSSD schools to throw a fit.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

LRSD already has a turf field at Central that I think they share with Parkview (for games). I don't know what the plans are for Hall, McClellan, and Fair, but LRSD and PCSSD and NLRSD for that matter are all completely separate. What one does theoretically has no bearing on the other.

Maumelle has turf and Sylvan Hills has turf. With Jacksonville and North Pulaski out of PCSSD, the only one without now will be Mills.  This has been in long term planning for a while with each school waiting on their upgrades. I think they were actually told they were going to get it sooner than expected a couple of years ago, but that fell through. Using this rotation of upgrades idea, my guess is that Maumelle will not get visitors bleachers until after Mills gets turf.

I'm glad for Robinson. I'm buddies with a few of the coaches over there, so congrats to them.

Mr. Mercer

Mills and Robinson will both be getting turf and new tracks this summer. Mills will be getting a new school as well. Robinson will be getting a new Middle School since it's a good 30 years older than the High School.

AirWarren

Robinson seems to be making strides to be a destination school instead of an "option" school.

GuvHog

Quote from: Coach DePriest, Elmwood Middle School on March 30, 2016, 09:15:13 pm
LRSD already has a turf field at Central that I think they share with Parkview (for games). I don't know what the plans are for Hall, McClellan, and Fair, but LRSD and PCSSD and NLRSD for that matter are all completely separate. What one does theoretically has no bearing on the other.

Maumelle has turf and Sylvan Hills has turf. With Jacksonville and North Pulaski out of PCSSD, the only one without now will be Mills.  This has been in long term planning for a while with each school waiting on their upgrades. I think they were actually told they were going to get it sooner than expected a couple of years ago, but that fell through. Using this rotation of upgrades idea, my guess is that Maumelle will not get visitors bleachers until after Mills gets turf.

I'm glad for Robinson. I'm buddies with a few of the coaches over there, so congrats to them.

With Jacksonville and North Pulaski already gone and Maumelle wanting out too, one wonders how much longer it will be til the PCSSD finally collapses altogether.

AirWarren

They will absorb with the LRSD before that happens and be one big district. No way the PCSSD and LRSD allows Robinson or Maumelle be away from the districts without lawsuits. Both schools lie to far into "affluent" neighborhoods to be allowed to set their boundaries and rules.

But, with the way facilities look, Robinson and Maumelle need to go separate ways from PCSSD AND LRSD.

bigchief72455

Seems like a lot of teams are going to turf.

sideline

May 16, 2016, 06:49:46 am #9 Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 10:39:05 am by sideline
Work has started!

GuvHog

Quote from: AirWarren on April 12, 2016, 04:00:03 pm
They will absorb with the LRSD before that happens and be one big district. No way the PCSSD and LRSD allows Robinson or Maumelle be away from the districts without lawsuits. Both schools lie to far into "affluent" neighborhoods to be allowed to set their boundaries and rules.

But, with the way facilities look, Robinson and Maumelle need to go separate ways from PCSSD AND LRSD.

Why in the world would PCSSD want to merge with a school district that is a total wreck?? That makes no sense.

AirWarren

If the LRSD throws a big enough fit, which they always do, they could get their way and merge.

AirWarren

Any updates on the turf? Haven't been able to go by there in a while.

Mr. Mercer

Start putting turf down tomorrow.

AirWarren

Quote from: Mr. Mercer on July 31, 2016, 07:13:09 pm
Start putting turf down tomorrow.

Update with pictures or links to pictures if you can.

Mr. Mercer

I will try to get one on here tomorrow. They've don't a lot of work around the stadium as well. Going to look nice once they finish. Having new track will be great as well

AirWarren

Quote from: Mr. Mercer on July 31, 2016, 10:33:36 pm
I will try to get one on here tomorrow. They've don't a lot of work around the stadium as well. Going to look nice once they finish. Having new track will be great as well

Robinson is making strides. Which is nice.

Mr. Mercer

August 10, 2016, 09:19:16 pm #17 Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 09:23:57 pm by Mr. Mercer
[/URL][/img]

[/URL][/img]

Here's updated pics at Joe T. Everything is in except numbers on home side and Endzone lettering. Should be on it by this time next week.

I'm obviously not good at this whole picture thing. Any advice on this?

FBfan79

August 11, 2016, 07:48:10 pm #18 Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 07:50:57 pm by FBfan79
I could only get one of your pics to work.   Looks good.

AirWarren

Mr. Mercer

Thanks for getting that done for me! All that needs to be done is Endzone lettering and some soccer lines. They've done a lot of brick work around the stadium as well. New press box after the season. Going to be a pretty nice set up once it's all done.

Lumberjackfan1978

AirWarren

Quote from: Mr. Mercer on August 11, 2016, 10:04:42 pm
Thanks for getting that done for me! All that needs to be done is Endzone lettering and some soccer lines. They've done a lot of brick work around the stadium as well. New press box after the season. Going to be a pretty nice set up once it's all done.

Can't wait to see it. The surrounding areas and mountains around the school supplies a nice backdrop.

Mr. Mercer

New middle school sitting on top that hill will really make it look nice. A lot of construction going on right now. Baseball also getting turf infield and lights

AirWarren

Lumberjackfan1978

Gonna have some nice facilities

AirWarren

Saw pictures of the new middle school. Wow.

AirWarren

August 13, 2016, 01:08:55 pm #27 Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 01:13:19 pm by AirWarren

Saw this, this morning.

Mr. Mercer

UncleRico

Robinson and Mills are having to move there scrimmage Monday to War Memorial bc neither field is complete.

Mr. Mercer

Should be wrapped up this week.

eagle1

What is going on on the softball field? Looks like fence and bleachers have been removed from the road.

Mr. Mercer

They're clearing land currently and moving it behind the baseball field. There will be another athletic building going in its place

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Mr. Mercer on August 12, 2016, 02:29:02 pm
New middle school sitting on top that hill will really make it look nice. A lot of construction going on right now. Baseball also getting turf infield and lights

That must be nice.  We couldn't even get the PCSSD to finish the baseball or softball fields on Maumelle's campus.

BTW, the football field looks great.

AirWarren

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on August 24, 2016, 01:56:26 pm
That must be nice.  We couldn't even get the PCSSD to finish the baseball or softball fields on Maumelle's campus.

BTW, the football field looks great.

Maumelle is a racist, privileged town. You didn't know that?

AirWarren

Quote from: Mr. Mercer on August 12, 2016, 02:29:02 pm

Saw pictures of the middle school. Looks amazing.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: AirWarren on August 24, 2016, 02:05:33 pm
Maumelle is a racist, privileged town. You didn't know that?

Oh yeah that's right.  Forgot to check my privilege.

What's even worse is that we can't even raise money on our own to finish the field.  All renovations have to be made at the Diamond Center where the high school currently plays.  The problem with that is that the city owns that, and while they try, they don't have the manpower or resources to maintain it effectively.  Anyway, I digress.  There are a multitude of problems that would take a whole page to lay out.

AirWarren

Yup. Don't get me started on how annoying it has to have s beautiful field like Maumelle has and no visitors bleachers. Yet Mills, academically distressed, gets a whole new facility.

UncleRico

Quote from: AirWarren on August 24, 2016, 03:00:23 pm
Yup. Don't get me started on how annoying it has to have s beautiful field like Maumelle has and no visitors bleachers. Yet Mills, academically distressed, gets a whole new facility.

Can't compare what's going on at Mills to Maumelle. They were way overdue for an upgrade and it still isn't on the scale of what Maumelle has. Maumelle's Pressbox is 3 stories. Mills will be filming from the roof of there's. Equality and all right.

AirWarren

Quote from: UncleRico on August 30, 2016, 08:10:32 am
Can't compare what's going on at Mills to Maumelle. They were way overdue for an upgrade and it still isn't on the scale of what Maumelle has. Maumelle's Pressbox is 3 stories. Mills will be filming from the roof of there's. Equality and all right.

Maumelle also doesn't have a baseball/softball field, no visitor bleachers, and is very behind on other facilities athletic wise. They are performing well in academics. Yet mills, who is in academic distress, gets all these upgrades. It's ridiculous. It all stems from the PCSSD scapegoating Maumelle due to its "location and demographic" in Pulaski county.

Robinson has drastically improved their education standards and in turn, retaining students had allowed for athletic facility upgrade and growth.

SUGARTOWN

Other than it looks strange to not have any, I don't see where Maumelle necessarily needs visitor bleachers. Their home stands are so big and aren't filled so I can't see a need for any more bleachers at the present time.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: AirWarren on August 30, 2016, 08:23:09 am
Maumelle also doesn't have a baseball/softball field, no visitor bleachers, and is very behind on other facilities athletic wise. They are performing well in academics. Yet mills, who is in academic distress, gets all these upgrades. It's ridiculous. It all stems from the PCSSD scapegoating Maumelle due to its "location and demographic" in Pulaski county.

Robinson has drastically improved their education standards and in turn, retaining students had allowed for athletic facility upgrade and growth.

If I heard wrong then someone please correct me, but isn't Mills also getting a turf baseball field? Did they even have enough players to finish the season last year? I know it was an issue with Fair and Hall, but didn't know if that was the case at Mills too.

AirWarren

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on August 30, 2016, 04:29:50 pm
If I heard wrong then someone please correct me, but isn't Mills also getting a turf baseball field? Did they even have enough players to finish the season last year? I know it was an issue with Fair and Hall, but didn't know if that was the case at Mills too.

That's what I read too. I find it utterly ridiculous.

GuvHog

Quote from: AirWarren on August 30, 2016, 04:30:59 pm
That's what I read too. I find it utterly ridiculous.

Money talks. Some of the Mills fans must be big money people.

AirWarren

Quote from: GuvHog on August 30, 2016, 04:36:27 pm
Money talks. Some of the Mills fans must be big money people.

Haha. I doubt that is the case. You have seen the school, correct?

GuvHog

August 30, 2016, 04:40:58 pm #45 Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 04:44:20 pm by GuvHog
Quote from: AirWarren on August 30, 2016, 04:37:50 pm
Haha. I doubt that is the case. You have seen the school, correct?

Yes, I have but that doesn't mean anything.

There are people (not just at Mills) that will donate big bucks for the renovation and upkeep of their local school's athletic venues but wouldn't cross the street to donate for school building improvements.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: GuvHog on August 30, 2016, 04:40:58 pm
Yes, I have but that doesn't mean anything.

There are people (not just at Mills) that will donate big bucks for the renovation and upkeep of their local school's athletic venues but wouldn't cross the street to donate for school building improvements.

The PCSSD wouldn't allow that. It's the reason Maumelle doesn't have visitor bleachers.

AirWarren

August 30, 2016, 04:50:32 pm #47 Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 04:52:10 pm by AirWarren
Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on August 30, 2016, 04:48:08 pm
The PCSSD wouldn't allow that. It's the reason Maumelle doesn't have visitor bleachers.

That is correct.

I find it disgusting that a mileage increase went toward a failing school academically and one that has horrid athletics, yet they get these renovations. Yet, there are several elementary schools in the pcssd that score in the 90th%tile on standardized tests and they won't fund renovations to them.

But mills kids can't do math, but hey, got a Purty field to look at haha

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas