• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dollarway Football

Started by CARDINAL PRIDE!!!, February 11, 2016, 01:48:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wake up

Quote from: Beardad on July 08, 2016, 09:15:22 am
Perhaps my last statement was a step to far that he's never coached against a spread team; however' I'll continue to attest that the game of football is different today than it was 12 years ago and I don't see a 70 year old man being able to adjust his mindset to compete with the uptempo spread teams that he will see week in and week out in the 2016 game of football.  I guess we will all see how this Dollarway team does playing 0 games at home with a 70 year old coach
Lee Hardman is 66 old not 70! If you know anything about FB then you would know all the success he had at UAPB and Dollarway, he hasn't forgot how to coach. The biggest problem will be the # of athletes he will have out and the ability to with stand the physical aspects of coaching FB again.

Jack1990

Quote from: Beardad on July 08, 2016, 11:25:28 am
That's the word on the street!
Well that's definitely news.  Not that I'll miss us not playing in that unlit field.  Like they are using 40 watt bulb sometimes! LOL

AirWarren

Unlit field. Weed cess pool. Holes. Dirt patches.

Beardad

Quote from: wake up on July 08, 2016, 11:30:48 am
Lee Hardman is 66 old not 70! If you know anything about FB then you would know all the success he had at UAPB and Dollarway, he hasn't forgot how to coach. The biggest problem will be the # of athletes he will have out and the ability to with stand the physical aspects of coaching FB again.

My mistake!!! A whole 4 years off! I'll refrain from using my elementary rounding skills again to keep from offending folks!

Nowhere did I say he forgot how to coach.  I'm not speaking on his knowledge of the game and its concepts, nor ability to motivate and teach the game of football. A gap is still A gap.  A 3 technique is still a 3 technique.

But you're right......coaching against high school teams in 1992 that had 2 formations and ran on 43 of 45 snaps in the game is IDENTICAL to coaching a team in 2016 with 17 formations that passes on 112 of 135 snaps in a game.......same prep for those...you're right.

And if you pay attention you'll realize I know nothing of the game of football...  I just "spout off things that one could look at from Hootens"

wake up

Quote from: Beardad on July 08, 2016, 12:01:50 pm

My mistake!!! A whole 4 years off! I'll refrain from using my elementary rounding skills again to keep from offending folks!

Nowhere did I say he forgot how to coach.  I'm not speaking on his knowledge of the game and its concepts, nor ability to motivate and teach the game of football. A gap is still A gap.  A 3 technique is still a 3 technique.

But you're right......coaching against high school teams in 1992 that had 2 formations and ran on 43 of 45 snaps in the game is IDENTICAL to coaching a team in 2016 with 17 formations that passes on 112 of 135 snaps in a game.......same prep for those...you're right.

And if you pay attention you'll realize I know nothing of the game of football...  I just "spout off things that one could look at from Hootens"
You finally got it right,"HOOTENS"!

Beardad

I guess now we just sit back and see how the 66 year old fares!  And I guess we'll see about my 0 games at Dollarway's stadium.......might wanna check your book and make sure that was in there!

Jimbo Morphis

cuckoobird

It doesn't matter how many plays you run or how many formations you run them out of, if you can't run them well then you are just wasting your time. I saw a team run the exact same play at least 20 times a game win the state championship one year. 

Beardad

I told you I don't know anythingggggg about football!

There's exceptions to every rule!  When the team you're playing can't stop the play then there isn't a need to show anything else!

But if you go into a game with 1 play you will not win...duh

Yea you've got the old Don Campbell 27 Trap....but he had plays to compliment that...and he called that play many times and it was stuffed.  1 Play doesn't win a championship...they ran many more than that to get there.

Big Fan

A self-aware man.....I like it! 

goldoline

July 08, 2016, 04:51:13 pm #60 Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 07:46:59 am by goldoline
Coach Hardman is 66.
The suit he filed in 2015 was a wrongful suspension suit, which was dropped when he returned to work as AD after Spring Break, 2016.
His name is pronounced Hard -man
Coach Hardman will have a positive impact on and will challenge to the max the young men he will coach. 
DHS will play 2 games at UAPB and 8 on the road

zebradynasty

Quote from: Beardad on July 08, 2016, 09:15:22 am
Perhaps my last statement was a step to far that he's never coached against a spread team; however' I'll continue to attest that the game of football is different today than it was 12 years ago and I don't see a 70 year old man being able to adjust his mindset to compete with the uptempo spread teams that he will see week in and week out in the 2016 game of football.  I guess we will all see how this Dollarway team does playing 0 games at home with a 70 year old coach

SWAC football overall quality has gone down but a lot of the spread formations and sets of today's spread offense teams in the SWAC was doing it in the early 80's. The main difference SWAC spread offenses generally attack vertically and stretch the field. Now days most spread teams attack smaller areas... but all over the field. Hardman has seen enough football. 

Wonderdog

Quote from: AirWarren on July 08, 2016, 11:52:34 am
and smoked turkey legs

Jack1990

Has Dollarway managed to fill their week 3 game?

goldoline

Week 3 is, as R.J. Hawk would say, is vs. BYE

Oldbadger

I don't know Coach Hardman at all.  But about this age thing, as long as he feels good and can get out in the hot sun and do the job, I can't think of any thing but positive things happening as a result of his age.  Benton Harmony Grove didn't do too bad with an old coach.

Jack1990

Quote from: Oldman on July 08, 2016, 10:25:50 am
0 games at home?

Any more news or confirmation on Dollarway not having any home games?  If not, what are their plans?  All road games, or utilize neighboring fields like UAPB as they've done in the past?

zebrafan

Quote from: Jack1990 on July 13, 2016, 11:47:05 am
Any more news or confirmation on Dollarway not having any home games?  If not, what are their plans?  All road games, or utilize neighboring fields like UAPB as they've done in the past?
I have not heard anything about them not playing home games...I doubt that's true.

Beardad

Quote from: goldoline on July 08, 2016, 04:51:13 pm
Coach Hardman is 66.
The suit he filed in 2015 was a wrongful suspension suit, which was dropped when he returned to work as AD after Spring Break, 2016.
His name is pronounced Hard -man
Coach Hardman will have a positive impact on and will challenge to the max the young men he will coach. 
DHS will play 2 games at UAPB and 8 on the road

See the above man's last statement.  He seems to confirm the rumor I have started and knows more about it than I

zebrafan

Quote from: Beardad on July 13, 2016, 03:53:21 pm

See the above man's last statement.  He seems to confirm the rumor I have started and knows more about it than I
Strange, wonder why there doing that?

Beardad

Quote from: AirWarren on July 08, 2016, 11:52:34 am

See the above man's first statement.  Seems to have valid reasoning.  Please disregard the rest of his comments pertaining to the situation

zebrafan

Quote from: Beardad on July 14, 2016, 08:26:33 am
See the above man's first statement.  Seems to have valid reasoning.  Please disregard the rest of his comments pertaining to the situation
Hasn't stopped them before...

GuvHog

Quote from: zebrafan on July 13, 2016, 05:20:51 pm
Strange, wonder why there doing that?

My guess is their field has issues that prevent them from playing there and they don't have the money to fix them. That district has been having financial problems for years.

zebrafan

Quote from: GuvHog on July 14, 2016, 04:01:47 pm
My guess is their field has issues that prevent them from playing there and they don't have the money to fix them. That district has been having financial problems for years.
Gonna be a tough year for the Cards.

itsslim

July 17, 2016, 11:01:35 am #74 Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 12:14:47 pm by itsslim
I won't say it will be a tough year for the Cardinals, Coach Hardman used to coach at Golden Lion stadium and is very familiar with the stadium as well as a few of the seniors played a playoff game there before. They will play 2 games there and 7 on the road as week 3 is a bye. We are talking about a Arkansas Hall of Fame coach. He has been out of coaching for awhile, but he's no dummy, He's been doing film study. I guarantee playing at UAPB field is easier than playing at Cardinal Stadium. But the haters will hate. Dollarway high school grad circa '95.

Romeo

I just have to say, Pine Bluff Commercial sucks. At least three months of changes at Dollarway and I haven't seen not one article, at least online, about any of it.

Jack1990

Then what games are they playing where?? Which ones at UAPB and which ones on the road?

GuvHog

Quote from: itsslim on July 17, 2016, 11:01:35 am
I won't say it will be a tough year for the Cardinals, Coach Hardman used to coach at Golden Lion stadium and is very familiar with the stadium as well as a few of the seniors played a playoff game there before. They will play 2 games there and 7 on the road as week 3 is a bye. We are talking about a Arkansas Hall of Fame coach. He has been out of coaching for awhile, but he's no dummy, He's been doing film study. I guarantee playing at UAPB field is easier than playing at Cardinal Stadium. But the haters will hate. Dollarway high school grad circa '95.

I agree Lee Hardman is a great coach and a fine man but his Cardinals will have their hands full when they go to Wildcat Stadium to play Watson Chapel.

Romeo

Quote from: Jack1990 on July 17, 2016, 01:17:30 pm
Then what games are they playing where?? Which ones at UAPB and which ones on the road?

Don't bother checking the Pine Bluff Commercial.

Jack1990

Quote from: Romeo on July 17, 2016, 02:23:00 pm
Don't bother checking the Pine Bluff Commercial.

No kidding! LOL

itsslim

Dollarway 2016 Football Schedule:

9/2
7:00p

@ Watson Chapel (Pine Bluff, AR)

9/9

@ Forrest City (Forrest City, AR)

9/23

Dumas (Dumas, AR)

9/30

DeWitt (DeWitt, AR)

10/7

@ Monticello (Monticello, AR)

10/14

Hamburg (Hamburg, AR)

10/21

@ Star City (Star City, AR)

10/28

@ Crossett (Crossett, AR)

11/3

Warren (Warren, AR)

zebrafan

Quote from: itsslim on July 17, 2016, 11:01:35 am
Hope your right! Decent amount of starters transferred to WC and PBHS! Hope Hardman does well but I see a tough year.

Jack1990

Quote from: itsslim on July 17, 2016, 04:51:21 pm
Dollarway 2016 Football Schedule:

9/2

@ Watson Chapel (Pine Bluff, AR)

9/9

@ Forrest City (Forrest City, AR)

9/23

Dumas (Dumas, AR)

9/30

DeWitt (DeWitt, AR)

10/7

@ Monticello (Monticello, AR)

10/14

Hamburg (Hamburg, AR)

10/21

@ Star City (Star City, AR)

10/28

@ Crossett (Crossett, AR)

11/3

Warren (Warren, AR)

Pretty sure that's the same schedule that's been out. Doesn't address the moving of two games to UAPB and the remainder being on the road.

itsslim

The ones scheduled at dollarway will be at uapb

Jack1990

So 4 games...not 2. I see.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: GuvHog on July 17, 2016, 02:09:58 pm
I agree Lee Hardman is a great coach and a fine man but his Cardinals will have their hands full when they go to Wildcat Stadium to play Watson Chapel.
Watson chapel, the star city of 5a. preseason champs every year.

GuvHog

Quote from: Oldman on July 18, 2016, 08:11:05 am

No, I wouldn't call them preseason champs. They aren't ready to climb that hill just yet. They should be some better than they were last year though. I'm cautiously optimistic about their upcoming season.

Beardad

Quote from: Oldman on July 18, 2016, 08:11:05 am

Let Guv and Absolut tell it

zebradynasty

::)
Quote from: Beardad on July 18, 2016, 10:48:20 am

Let Guv and Absolut tell it

Please don't get Absolut started! ::)

GuvHog

Quote from: zebradynasty on July 18, 2016, 11:00:33 am
::)
Please don't get Absolut started! ::)

He does tend to get carried away, that's for sure.

Romeo

Looks like former Dollarway coach George Shelton will be at Warren this upcoming school year in a teaching capacity: http://salineriverchronicle.blogspot.com/2016/07/warren-school-district-hires-new.html?spref=fb

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on July 18, 2016, 11:00:28 pm
Looks like former Dollarway coach George Shelton will be at Warren this upcoming school year in a teaching capacity: http://salineriverchronicle.blogspot.com/2016/07/warren-school-district-hires-new.html?spref=fb

I saw that. Interesting.

Beardad

Note the "8th period sports".  I can't help but feel like he's on Hembree's staff in some capacity

Jack1990

That would be a safe assumption...

~WPS~

Jack1990

Yep...that 's our new secret weapon...you figured us out.  Going to a wishbone! ;)

zebradynasty

July 19, 2016, 11:49:33 am #96 Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 11:54:15 am by zebradynasty
Need to remember that Shelton was a very good defensive coordinator before he was a head coach. So IF he is helping on the defensive side that can't do nothing but help Warren. On offense....I wouldn't let him near the film room!

Jack1990

That's where he will be is my understanding.  Helping out on defense.

Superjack45

He Coached in Warren years ago he just coming back home.

urban legend2

Quote from: zebradynasty on July 19, 2016, 11:49:33 am
Need to remember that Shelton was a very good defensive coordinator before he was a head coach. So IF he is helping on the defensive side that can't do nothing but help Warren. On offense....I wouldn't let him near the film room!
So true!! But Shel is a good dude and yeah, he'll definitely add something to Warren's defense.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas