• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dollarway Football

Started by CARDINAL PRIDE!!!, February 11, 2016, 01:48:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CARDINAL PRIDE!!!

What we got this upcoming football season??

Wpsformerqb

zebrafan

Quote from: CARDINAL PRIDE!!! on February 11, 2016, 01:48:59 pm
What we got this upcoming football season??
Must replace the QB and top WR as well as Scott at RB. I doubt the Cards will have trouble replacing the RB...question is will the OL/DL get better by next year, most of them return for this year. They had a couple of 9th graders that will contribute this year as well.

HighSchoolRecruiter

Hopefully Coach Lee can pull a rabbit out of the hat. After Blair got hurt last year, our QB situation was pitiful.

zebrafan

Yeah the QB play was bad those last couple of games, I wonder if he will stick with that young QB or will it be up for grabs.

CARDINAL PRIDE!!!

What's our non conference schedule this year

DWayAlumn2002

I take it Blaire the QB transferred? He was just a Jr. Last year, if I'm not mistaken. Gonna be interesting to see. With all the off the field stuff going on with Dollarway school district.

zebrafan

Quote from: DWayAlumn2002 on February 11, 2016, 09:23:54 pm
I take it Blaire the QB transferred? He was just a Jr. Last year, if I'm not mistaken. Gonna be interesting to see. With all the off the field stuff going on with Dollarway school district.
Yeah he and Curry are PBHS now.

HighSchoolRecruiter

Probably went somewhere he had a better chance of getting a ring. I think all of PB is school choice, so you can pick your school.

GuvHog

Quote from: HighSchoolRecruiter on February 12, 2016, 07:55:37 am
Probably went somewhere he had a better chance of getting a ring. I think all of PB is school choice, so you can pick your school.

True, but the AAA transfer rules still apply.

Sports Guru

Dollarway has Watson Chapel week 1. Week 2-3 Unknown

zebrafan

Quote from: CrossettEagles14 on March 16, 2016, 08:39:39 pm
Man, haven't seen that match up in years!

zebradynasty

Good to see that happening!

zebrafan

Dollarway Cardinal 2016 schedule.

Week 1 @Watson Chapel
Week 2 @Forrest City
Week 3 @Camden Fairview
Week 4 Dumas
Week 5 DeWitt
Week 6 @Monticello
Week 7 Hamburg
Week 8 @Star City
Week 9 @Crossett
Week 10 Warren

GuvHog

Yeah, that's at WC I believe. WC has a lot coming back too so I hope it'll be a good game.

zebrafan

Quote from: zebrafan on March 24, 2016, 04:30:58 pm
Dollarway Cardinal 2016 schedule.

Week 1 @Watson Chapel
Week 2 @Forrest City
Week 3 @Camden Fairview
Week 4 Dumas
Week 5 DeWitt
Week 6 @Monticello
Week 7 Hamburg
Week 8 @Star City
Week 9 @Crossett
Week 10 Warren
Looks like week 3 is now open...Camden plays Texarkana in week 3.

Panther87

Any word on who will be the new football coach?

GuvHog

Quote from: Panther87 on June 27, 2016, 11:56:39 pm
Any word on who will be the new football coach?

I've been hearing rumors that Lee Hardman is taking the position. I don't know for sure if that's true though.

coachsearch

Are they going to open this up or hand it over to him

GuvHog

Quote from: coachsearch on June 29, 2016, 04:09:47 pm
Are they going to open this up or hand it over to him

I would think it's rather late to be doing an open coaching search.

urban legend2

Lionheart88

To White Hall as an assistant.

zebrafan

Lost another transfer to PBHS yesterday...

NWA Hawg

Oldbadger

Do these kids have to move?  Thought it was too late for school choice!

Lionheart88

Dollarway has opted out of school choice anyway.  They'd be hemorrhaging students leafy and right if they hadn't.

zebrafan

Quote from: fann07 on July 04, 2016, 05:51:23 pm
Who?

D. Johnson LB/RB two year starter for the Cards. UAM offer and two more I can't remember.

goldoline

4 interviewed last week.  2 assistant coaches, 2 former coaches.  Decision should come any time. 

zebrafan

Quote from: goldoline on July 05, 2016, 04:13:23 pm
4 interviewed last week.  2 assistant coaches, 2 former coaches.  Decision should come any time. 
Shelton and Hardman?
Kidd and Booker?

Jimbo Morphis

arkansasprepfootball

Quote from: Oldman on July 06, 2016, 09:48:56 am
Barbaree,Jordan?

Not to say he didn't interview and wouldn't be a good hire, but I'd be shocked if Woodlawn would agree to let Neil Barbaree out of his contract in July.  Even for a school who doesn't put much emphasis on football, losing a head coach now pretty much tanks whatever season you might have had...

goldoline

Coach Lee Hardman has been named the Dollarway Head Football Coach.  Look out, 8-4A!

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: goldoline on July 06, 2016, 02:07:15 pm
Coach Lee Hardman has been named the Dollarway Head Football Coach.  Look out, 8-4A!

Yeah, look out 8-4A, here comes a 5th place team!

AirWarren

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on July 06, 2016, 02:13:24 pm

Haha. You are certainly hit and miss on comedy but I did chuckle out loud hahaha

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: goldoline on July 06, 2016, 02:07:15 pm
is it pronounced hardaman or hard man?

Jack1990

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on July 06, 2016, 02:13:24 pm
Have to admit...that is definitely one of your better ones! LMBO

ea cat

Hardman just like it's spelled.

Beardad

Quote from: ea owl on July 06, 2016, 10:19:54 pm
Hardman just like it's spelled.

No...not really nobody's ever approached Coach and asked "Hey, are you HARD MAN?"

Some folks (who know how it's spelled) call him "Hardmen" others say "Hardimen".  I've heard his name called quite a bit and I've never heard them talk about Coach Hard Man

But back to the topic of him being HC.  I'm trying to understand this hire.  He was impressive at DWay with a 116-20-1 record, 4 state titles, and a 51 game win streak.  But he's been out of the game since 2004 and is old.....

Was he hired as HC because of his history of suits against the DWay district?  Got hired as HC in 1982 based on a discrimination lawsuit that the school hired a white man instead of Hardman because he was black. (Probably a justifiable lawsuit since he won the case) Then he filed a lawsuit against the school....another "because I'm black" discrimination lawsuit last year (this reasoning made no sense).  The reason he filed the suit was because of the way Sup Patsy Hughey (who is black) suspended him for the way he handled the situation with some school resource officers.  He filed the suit because one of the stipulations of the suspension was that he not be allowed to even contact school board members about his suspension. 

SO, was DWay scared that if they did not hire him this time there would be a geriatric lawsuit filed against him?  They didn't hire him because he's approaching nursing home age?

But for real......he got out of high school football in 1992?  And he got out of football coaching altogether in 2004 after his UAPB stint?  The spread as we know it was just coming into existence in 2004.  It was just about to pick up steam in high school, and it would be another 5 years before it got rolling at the college level.  I mean, if you look at a 2004 copy of Hootens I'm sure better than 50% of the teams are run first offenses.  If you look at a 1992 copy, we're talking 95% of the teams.  The game of football has a totally different face than it did 12 short years ago.  Obviously the man is a great coach and a great motivator, and he will win some games....but how many?  Surely he will be out of place in today's game.

Try not to run the score up too much Hembree

cuckoobird

with you two using the same avatar I thought the oldman had started talking to himself

AirWarren

Run the score up on Hembree? Hahaha.

Like above was said, best of the luck to the 5th place team.

Beardad

Quote from: AirWarren on July 07, 2016, 07:49:58 am

No big dog....that wouldn't make sense....I am critical of the hire because the man's never coached against a spread team then tell him not to run the score up on a spread team? no

That was a message to Hembree telling him to be easy with the old timer and don't run up the score on DWay

cuckoobird

Quote from: AirWarren on July 07, 2016, 07:49:58 am

uhmm I'm pretty sure he was telling No Show bo not to run the score up but I'm from a different generation of education standards so I could be wrong

AirWarren

Quote from: Beardad on July 07, 2016, 07:52:01 am

No big dog....that wouldn't make sense....I am critical of the hire because the man's never coached against a spread team then tell him not to run the score up on a spread team? no

That was a message to Hembree telling him to be easy with the old timer and don't run up the score on DWay

Gotcha. I see what you're saying.

Cuck, forgive me.

cuckoobird

Quote from: AirWarren on July 07, 2016, 07:53:34 am
Gotcha. I see what you're saying.

Cuck, forgive me.
forgiven

Beardad

Fun Fact from an old Fearless thread

"Dollarway began playing football 50 years ago after opening in the 'Dollarway' area of Pine Bluff, which was named after the 22-mile highway that was started in 1913 from Pine Bluff northwest to the Jefferson County line. It was the first concrete highway built in Arkansas and was so named 'Dollarway' because the estimated cost of construction was $1 per lineal foot of the 9-feet wide pavement. When completed in 1914, it was the longest continuous length of concrete pavement in the United States. Parts of the original Dollarway Road are still visible along current State Highway 365"

AirWarren

samschoice

Quote from: Beardad on July 07, 2016, 07:52:01 am

To think that Coach Hardman never coached against a spread team is insane.  The man coached UAPB for 11 seasons, in the SWAC conference.  The SWAC conference were pioneers in the spread offense, dating back to the 1980's.  Heck, Hardman's predecessor at UAPB was known as "Gunslinger".

Be critical if you want, but to base it on him never seeing a spread team isn't fair.

Beardad

Quote from: samschoice on July 08, 2016, 08:29:34 am
To think that Coach Hardman never coached against a spread team is insane.  The man coached UAPB for 11 seasons, in the SWAC conference.  The SWAC conference were pioneers in the spread offense, dating back to the 1980's.  Heck, Hardman's predecessor at UAPB was known as "Gunslinger".

Be critical if you want, but to base it on him never seeing a spread team isn't fair.

Perhaps my last statement was a step to far that he's never coached against a spread team; however' I'll continue to attest that the game of football is different today than it was 12 years ago and I don't see a 70 year old man being able to adjust his mindset to compete with the uptempo spread teams that he will see week in and week out in the 2016 game of football.  I guess we will all see how this Dollarway team does playing 0 games at home with a 70 year old coach

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Beardad on July 08, 2016, 09:15:22 am
Perhaps my last statement was a step to far that he's never coached against a spread team; however' I'll continue to attest that the game of football is different today than it was 12 years ago and I don't see a 70 year old man being able to adjust his mindset to compete with the uptempo spread teams that he will see week in and week out in the 2016 game of football.  I guess we will all see how this Dollarway team does playing 0 games at home with a 70 year old coach
0 games at home?

Beardad

That's the word on the street!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas