• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GP's Coach Hutchcraft Named to Coach McDonalds game

Started by Brian G, January 29, 2015, 07:04:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

Batman44

Good article. Hutch is still playing bb in the Senior Olympics. He and his team have won the last two Nationals.

Catfish

yesteryearman

When you read articles about Coach Hutchcraft or watch his teams play day in and day out you may get the impression that sometimes  his strategies could be considered "unconventional" at times...pressing full court all the time, relying heavily on 3-pt shots, and at times, playing 4 on 5, while leaving a player on the offensive end of the floor.  But don't be fooled, over the years when I saw Guy play at state tournaments, against very tough opposition, his teams would very well play a controlled, half court game when needed.  Also, his kids always gave 100% and, no matter who the opponent, went into games believing they had a chance to win.

Great coach and congratulations on honor well deserved.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 02, 2015, 02:39:45 pm
When you read articles about Coach Hutchcraft or watch his teams play day in and day out you may get the impression that sometimes  his strategies could be considered "unconventional" at times...pressing full court all the time, relying heavily on 3-pt shots, and at times, playing 4 on 5, while leaving a player on the offensive end of the floor.  But don't be fooled, over the years when I saw Guy play at state tournaments, against very tough opposition, his teams would very well play a controlled, half court game when needed.  Also, his kids always gave 100% and, no matter who the opponent, went into games believing they had a chance to win.

Great coach and congratulations on honor well deserved.

I don't remember when it was, (it was one of the last years they were really good though)...But I remember seeing one of his guards throw up shots from out near half court...and knocking them down...

J.D.

What is Guy-Perkins? Were they good?

(Chill, I'm joking)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas