• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Junction City@Emerson

Started by Batman44, January 29, 2015, 09:04:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman44

Should be very interesting, and may be the game of the night.

Bigbird2012

SHOULD be. Just depends if EMerson decides to show up.. The last few games I have seen they played as if they didn't care who won.

Batman44

I was at the Bay-Emerson game. They sure looked tough enough that game. Who knows what can, and does, happen to a team through the season.

Bigbird2012

Yes they were a tough team THAT game but have been playing a lot weaker every game I have seen since then. I am a fan of the Pirates and a fan of their coach, and I have a nephew who playes for them but if they continue to play the way they have been the last 5 or so then they wont go far in state.

PuddlePirate12

When they played JC in Dual State Tourney they played great. They'll have a good game tonight. Not saying they'll win because JC is very good. I think they'll win 2a this year. Look for revels to drop 30-40 tonight. He always has huge games against JC. Nobody on that team can hold him. I take Emerson 68-66 with the home court advantage

Bigbird2012

Like I said I am a pirate fan but Emerson did NOT play their best against JC @ JC. If they would have played their best they would have beat them there by at least 6..

PuddlePirate12

Silky Johnson

BoxNOne

Very nice win for Emerson. JC at least a top four 2A team.

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: Silky Johnson on January 29, 2015, 09:39:09 pm
Details?

Both teams largest leads were 10. JC led by 10 in the 2 quarter 26-16 but Emerson closed the half on a 13-1 run to lead 29-27. In the 3rd quarter I believe Emerson led something like 45-35? For a brief moment before JC cut it to 4. Emerson would get it up to 8 or 6 then JC would fight back to 4 or 2. Emerson led by 2 going into the 4th. Both teams fought back and forth. I think Emerson led by as much as 6 in the 4th and JC led by as much as 5. Pretty muh traded the lead back and forth the entire game. With 25 seconds left JC tied the game 66-66. Revels drove in and was, to my eyes, obviously fouled on the shot (2 free throws would have made the game 68-66 just as I predicted Emerson to win) anyway they didn't call it and JC flew down the court and missed a contested lay up and 1 or 2 put back attempts didn't fall either. Buzzer sounded.. 66-66. Early in OT big #13 (Jamario Bell) was called for his 5th foul when he drove base line and Revels set uo for the charge. Emerson was up by 2 when this happed I believe. I think it was bonus so Emerson had 1 and 1. I think they hit the first and missed the second. But either Bell or JC coach was given a tech after his 5th foul and both of those shots were hit to put Emerson up 5 with something like 2 minutes to go. Think it was 73-68.. JC began to press and were fouling and Emerson missed some free throws and JC cut the lead down to 1 quickly.. They may have even taken the lead.. Anyways Emerson won 78-77. Awesome game to watch. Best I've seen since JC and Emerson played in Dual State last year. Revels played the entire 4th quarter and OT with 4 fouls. Emerson was probably out rebounded but they came up with big shots and rebounds when they needed it. Played as good as they ever have. Jeffers and Jaleen Jackson had their best games of the season. And Revels did what he always does. If Emerson plays with this confidence and intensity they'll be there at the end no doubt. There was an ADG writer at the game so there should be a full write up on the game sometime.. Maybe tomorrow..? If anyone sees it I would appreciate if they could post the link to it

yesteryearman

Sounds like the "fat lady" can go back to her dressing room, Emerson may be back.  If they are, then that may not bode well for Kirby, possibly having to play Emerson at Emerson in the Regional.  On second thought, that may not bode well for Bay, having to play Kirby at Nashville,  Could there be a Emerson vs Kirby IV at Hot Springs in the future?

PuddlePirate12

bleudog

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on January 29, 2015, 10:52:04 pm
Quote from: Silky Johnson on January 29, 2015, 09:39:09 pm
Details?

Both teams largest leads were 10. JC led by 10 in the 2 quarter 26-16 but Emerson closed the half on a 13-1 run to lead 29-27. In the 3rd quarter I believe Emerson led something like 45-35? For a brief moment before JC cut it to 4. Emerson would get it up to 8 or 6 then JC would fight back to 4 or 2. Emerson led by 2 going into the 4th. Both teams fought back and forth. I think Emerson led by as much as 6 in the 4th and JC led by as much as 5. Pretty muh traded the lead back and forth the entire game. With 25 seconds left JC tied the game 66-66. Revels drove in and was, to my eyes, obviously fouled on the shot (2 free throws would have made the game 68-66 just as I predicted Emerson to win) anyway they didn't call it and JC flew down the court and missed a contested lay up and 1 or 2 put back attempts didn't fall either. Buzzer sounded.. 66-66. Early in OT big #13 (Jamario Bell) was called for his 5th foul when he drove base line and Revels set uo for the charge. Emerson was up by 2 when this happed I believe. I think it was bonus so Emerson had 1 and 1. I think they hit the first and missed the second. But either Bell or JC coach was given a tech after his 5th foul and both of those shots were hit to put Emerson up 5 with something like 2 minutes to go. Think it was 73-68.. JC began to press and were fouling and Emerson missed some free throws and JC cut the lead down to 1 quickly.. They may have even taken the lead.. Anyways Emerson won 78-77. Awesome game to watch. Best I've seen since JC and Emerson played in Dual State last year. Revels played the entire 4th quarter and OT with 4 fouls. Emerson was probably out rebounded but they came up with big shots and rebounds when they needed it. Played as good as they ever have. Jeffers and Jaleen Jackson had their best games of the season. And Revels did what he always does. If Emerson plays with this confidence and intensity they'll be there at the end no doubt. There was an ADG writer at the game so there should be a full write up on the game sometime.. Maybe tomorrow..? If anyone sees it I would appreciate if they could post the link to it

CLICK HERE

PuddlePirate12

Is that the El Dorado news paper? Or the ADG

Bigbird2012

This was the best game I have seen Emerson play in awhile and there was an amazing crowd and atmosphere . Like I said before they did not play there best @ JC in dual state. Since Emerson was the home team and got the "W" why didn't they get Coach Nix's thoughts and comments. I saw a lot from JC's coach.

bleudog

January 30, 2015, 10:32:12 am #15 Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 11:42:37 am by bleudog
Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on January 30, 2015, 10:13:09 am
Is that the El Dorado news paper? Or the ADG

EDNT. 

The ADG owns the EDNT.  I don't know what ADG would have or will run, but since Kev was there, it would surprise me if ADG would be anything other than a shorter version of what EDNT ran.

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: Bigbird2012 on January 30, 2015, 10:15:00 am
This was the best game I have seen Emerson play in awhile and there was an amazing crowd and atmosphere . Like I said before they did not play there best @ JC in dual state. Since Emerson was the home team and got the "W" why didn't they get Coach Nix's thoughts and comments. I saw a lot from JC's coach.

Coach Nix had an emergency and had to leave immediatly after the game was over I was told

BasketballFan8680

Outstanding game from both teams, best game i seen in a long time. Emerson were ready to play, I hope to see them play like that in the State Tournament and the rest of the season!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas