• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Emerson @ Kirby 1/26/15

Started by PuddlePirate12, January 25, 2015, 09:24:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PuddlePirate12

Don't know if ill be able to make this one :'( the only other game I've missed this year was when Kirby came to Emerson. Emerson won that one by 4. Just wanted to get some predictions on this game and see if anyone will be there that can keep me updated. Saw that they're #2 and #3 according to ADG.

Silky Johnson

What does Kirby bring to the court? I know they have a good coach but the only Kirby teams I've seen were state at Calico Rock and state at SAU. Streamed the game online with Wonderview at state last year but no idea who they returned.

PuddlePirate12

They lost either 3 or 4 starters from last year. They lost a 6'5" boy, their point guard, and their best 3 point shooter. That being said they return #40 who is a very good player. He can drive or shoot the 3. Then they have a boy thats about 6'4" but I'm not sure how good he is. Like I said I haven't actually seen them. All this is just what I've been told or what I know from last year. They start two 9th graders I believe. One is the coaches son and is a good player. Think he runs the point. Plus they have a junior high team that is still undefeated (I think lol) so they'll move up some more legs after district. They could definitely be a final 4 team come state tournament

HorseFeathers

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on January 25, 2015, 10:01:34 pm
They lost either 3 or 4 starters from last year. They lost a 6'5" boy, their point guard, and their best 3 point shooter. That being said they return #40 who is a very good player. He can drive or shoot the 3. Then they have a boy thats about 6'4" but I'm not sure how good he is. Like I said I haven't actually seen them. All this is just what I've been told or what I know from last year. They start two 9th graders I believe. One is the coaches son and is a good player. Think he runs the point. Plus they have a junior high team that is still undefeated (I think lol) so they'll move up some more legs after district. They could definitely be a final 4 team come state tournament
Based on recent history...I'm willing to bet that either Kirby Boys or GIrls will be in the final 4...that's without looking at the bracket to see possible matchups etc...

PuddlePirate12

Silky Johnson

I've looked over some possible matchups in state and there could be quite a few good games. Kirby and Emerson will probably meet again in the Region 4 final so i think they'll be on opposite sides of the bracket in state.

CincyGuyintheFort

I've heard about both these teams being very good. And I really enjoy 1a ball. 
So be honest Kirby & Emerson fans, is thus worth me making a 105 mile drive tonite ?

WPWells

PuddlePirate12

It's two teams that'll likely go far in state so if you want to see a state tournament game early then yeah.

ballmember

I think the south and southwest will do well in the state.   That would be region 4 and lower part of Region 1.
Region 2 boys big hope will be Bay;  Region 3 girls hope will be Nemo Vista and  Wonderview; dont know how far the boys may go.  Hope all regions are well represented.

Silky Johnson

in no order my prediction for region 2 is Bay, Hughes, ICC, and Norfork.

Bigbird2012

Yes, I would say it is worth the drive. These are 2 good and very well coach teams. I wont be able to make the trip tonight so I hope someone will keep the scores posted.

PuddlePirate12

Someone will be texting me with updates so I will update you as I get them. That's the best I can do since I'm not Going to make it

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: ballmember on January 26, 2015, 01:18:15 pm
I think the south and southwest will do well in the state.   That would be region 4 and lower part of Region 1.
Region 2 boys big hope will be Bay;  Region 3 girls hope will be Nemo Vista and  Wonderview; dont know how far the boys may go.  Hope all regions are well represented.
ICC is better than you think.

smackdat014

Sr boys: Kirby and Emerson

End if 1st
Emerson 15
Kirby 13

smackdat014

Halftime SR boys

Emerson 24
Kirby 24

smackdat014

Start of fourth

Kirby 43
Emerson 39

smackdat014

Final

Kirby: 59
Emerson: 55

Revels fouled out with 2 minutes left

PuddlePirate12

Looks like Kirby is the better team.

smackdat014

I wouldn't say that. Considering Emerson beat them by 4 at Emerson as well. Also considering Revels had a bad night. They are both two great teams, with them getting the win tonight, doesn't make then the better team. When you have the #2 and #3 teams in the state going at it, it should go either way.

PuddlePirate12

Yeah but a win is a win and a loss is a loss. They're two pretty even teams that match up well. Have for several years. I imagine Emerson will, and should, drop to 4 or 5. But you do have to take in to consideration where the game was played. I heard the refs were calling Kirby players by their first names and laughing and joking with them. I'm not sure Kirby has ever lost at home lol

smackdat014

Yes true. But just a second ago you said "looks like Kirby is the better team"
It def wasn't a good called game but, Coach Smith did do a good job holding revels.

BoxNOne

When refs know one teams players by first names, it is usually a bad sign for the other team.

yesteryearman

I drove to Emerson when Bay played them there in December.  Bay was the better team, better coached, and #5 (I think that is the number)  from Bay was the best player on the floor.  Having looked at Kirby, Bay and Emerson's schedules, Emerson has played only four games against ranked or top-tier teams, Bay, Kirby (twice) and Junction City.  They are 1-3 in those games only having beaten Kirby at home early in the season.  Until/unless Emerson starts beating the better teams, it appears you are looking at a Kirby vs Bay final.

Batman44

Hey, I would be ok with that!!

HorseFeathers

I removed the post...but it appears at least 1 person needs to review the board rules...

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: yesteryearman on January 27, 2015, 03:49:37 pm
I drove to Emerson when Bay played them there in December.  Bay was the better team, better coached, and #5 (I think that is the number)  from Bay was the best player on the floor.  Having looked at Kirby, Bay and Emerson's schedules, Emerson has played only four games against ranked or top-tier teams, Bay, Kirby (twice) and Junction City.  They are 1-3 in those games only having beaten Kirby at home early in the season.  Until/unless Emerson starts beating the better teams, it appears you are looking at a Kirby vs Bay final.

Emerson beat County Line. I guess they're good? I think so.. Also beat Cossatot River who is ranked 6th in 3a on maxpreps. Take that for what it's worth. But I'd say they're decent. Biggest loss was 6 at JC. I see Kirby has played 4 big games. Lost to Emerson, lost to Jessieville (#9 in 3a according to maxpreps), and lost to Wonderview. Then beat Emerson at home by 4. Pretty evenly matched id say. Kirby's schedule shows them playing cossatot River twice but has no scores. Kirby will have to go through Emerson at Emerson in regionals. They very well could. They could just as well lose. Emerson plays JC at Emerson on Thursday btw

basketballmom#3

Quote from: yesteryearman on January 27, 2015, 03:49:37 pm

So your telling me bay was the better team, was better coached, and had the best player and still only won by 5. Wow seems like with all that going for them they would have killed Emerson.

PuddlePirate12

Yeah Emerson sucks, their coach is an idiot, and nobody on their team is any good. They should be immediately removed from the top 52, forfeit their remaining games, and consider shutting their doors next year! Lol.. Once this year against Bradley Emerson went on a 22-0 run.. In a minute 45 seconds to close the 1st half. And Bradley is no slouch of a team. Let Emerson get pumped up and hot in the state tournament. Idc who you are it'll be your last game of the season.

BasketballFan8680

I agree . I watched Emerson in the beginning of the year and they are nothing like they use to be. I believed in the beginning of the season they were the state champs for sure but now what I seen last game i dont think they will make it past the second round

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: BasketballFan8680 on January 27, 2015, 10:06:11 pm
I agree . I watched Emerson in the beginning of the year and they are nothing like they use to be. I believed in the beginning of the season they were the state champs for sure but now what I seen last game i dont think they will make it past the second round

I agree 100%.. They are no where near what they were at the beginning. I have no idea whats wrong with them. They practice as much as ever. But I believe they'll come around at regionals. They haven't been playing with any energy but I think when it comes time to win or go home they'll show up to play. They've gotten lazy with lack of good competition week in and week out. Hopefully they can turn it around.

Who are you btw? I see all your posts are about Emerson so you must be a fan or live here

BasketballFan8680

I live in Magnolia, I come to alot of Emerson home games

PuddlePirate12

I live in Magnolia also. I've prolly seen you at the games. I've been to every home game but Kirby

BasketballFan8680

I am orginally from Kirby . But later moved to Magnolia, I was able to make that game

yesteryearman

I believe that you are all somewhat confirming what I saw from Emerson early on, and what I am reading about how they are playing recently.  Early on they were playing very well, yet Bay was able to defeat them at Emerson.  Since then Emerson has played so-so, and possibly gotten complacent against lesser competition.  As has been said, hopefully they can turn it back on at tournament time, otherwise they won't be around very long.  I think that the game at home against Junction City will be a good indication as to whether or not they can again play at a championship level.  It's not enough to just play well, they need to beat a top level team.  .Certainly having the regional at Emerson should help, however if they stumble against Kirby, or anyone else for that matter, then they will be in bracket with Bay, which may not be a good thing.   

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas