• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Games/Scores for 1/19/15

Started by bulldog42, January 19, 2015, 07:22:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldog42

January 19, 2015, 07:22:41 am Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 08:41:56 am by bulldog42
Here are the games for tonight per AHSAA, * denotes conference.  Please use this thread to report scores.
(short list of games tonight)

1A2S
Southside Bee Branch @ Norfork

1A2N
Southside Bee Branch @ Norfork

1A3E
Maynard @ Bay *

theShadow

Silky Johnson

Bay over Maynard 97-24, think it was 43-1 at a point in the first quarter.

LHHC

Quote from: Silky Johnson on January 19, 2015, 09:32:47 pm

That's classy

Mamba13

That's terrible I know bay has a good coach but really? Embarrassing kids is wrong makes me lose respect for him!

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: LHHC on January 19, 2015, 10:00:51 pm

That's classy
I bet Maynard coach thinks it was since the starters didn't play in the 2nd qtr and only played 3 min starting the 3rd qtr and only full court for 4 min of the 1st qtr. Bay could've won this game 150 to 10  but like always I figured there would be some Bay hater on here saying something bad.

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: Mamba13 on January 19, 2015, 10:10:40 pm
That's terrible I know bay has a good coach but really? Embarrassing kids is wrong makes me lose respect for him!
He prob doesn't care what u think about him but trust me he took it easy. It was 30-1 4 min into the game and  Maynard only  got it over half court once or twice and he called the full court off. Then he started playing subs. Maynard is just that bad sorry.

pioneers

Bays starters didn't play more than a quarter and a half as a coach what are you supposed to do tell your subs not to score? How fair is that to them that they put all this work in at practice but when it comes game time they aren't supposed to play hard and not score? Here's my thing about all this if you have your subs in and the other team still can't stop them then the other team needs to get better it isn't bays fault that Maynard played that bad. Just my opinion on this it may be embarrassing to the kids but would having a team for 3 quarters of a game try to not score against you be embarrassing to?

epotts

Norfork over Southside Bee Branch in Girls and Boys.

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: pioneers on January 19, 2015, 10:15:08 pm
Bays starters didn't play more than a quarter and a half as a coach what are you supposed to do tell your subs not to score? How fair is that to them that they put all this work in at practice but when it comes game time they aren't supposed to play hard and not score? Here's my thing about all this if you have your subs in and the other team still can't stop them then the other team needs to get better it isn't bays fault that Maynard played that bad. Just my opinion on this it may be embarrassing to the kids but would having a team for 3 quarters of a game try to not score against you be embarrassing to?
+1 100% correct

LHHC

Quote from: WhatsUrRingSize on January 19, 2015, 10:11:01 pm

That's classy
I bet Maynard coach thinks it was since the starters didn't play in the 2nd qtr and only played 3 min starting the 3rd qtr and only full court for 4 min of the 1st qtr. Bay could've won this game 150 to 10  but like always I figured there would be some Bay hater on here saying something bad.

Why would you even play full court at all? 

TheGovernor

Rose Bud Over Westside. Boys and girls

Silky Johnson

Bay pressed for a short time then maynard just kept turning it over or jacking up a 3.

NEA Razorback olfan

That's classy

It's easy to get caught up in your team scoring at will, but what if one of your starters got hurt when your up 30 pts ???, Why would the starters play 3 min in the 3rd???
To boost there pt average ??
Our girls led Westside tonight 30-8 at half , we won 42-23 , mostly subs played 2nd half

That old saying ...what goes around comes around , other schools remember these things!!

pioneers

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on January 19, 2015, 11:31:29 pm

That's classy

It's easy to get caught up in your team scoring at will, but what if one of your starters got hurt when your up 30 pts ???, Why would the starters play 3 min in the 3rd???
Our girls led Westside tonight 30-8 at half , we won 42-23 , mostly subs played 2nd half

That old saying ...what goes around comes around , other schools remember these things!!
The starters played the start of the third quarter because sometimes a game is the best practice you can get. You can work on plays that you don't normally run or defenses that you don't normally run. Westide did the same thing to Maynard in the NEA tournament and I will say this again why should bay be punished because a team isn't that good.

@CurryLegion

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on January 19, 2015, 11:31:29 pm

That's classy

Some coaches routine is to ALWAYS start the starters coming out of half, regardless of score. That's most likely why they played. It's not the big of a deal for them to play a couple minutes, and it's really not bad if it was the subs doing the damage.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas