• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

District/Region/State Sites

Started by HorseFeathers, January 12, 2015, 06:12:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: J.D. on January 15, 2015, 06:53:32 pm
Happy for Kirby.  Glad they got it.
Looks like a very nice place

Pfan1115

Who got region 3 basketball?

J.D.

Quote from: SirSwish on January 15, 2015, 09:31:58 am
Nashville Gym

Wow, incredible.  WSGF has a really nice gym as well.  Both easily trump ICC's gym. 

J.D.

January 15, 2015, 07:10:00 pm #53 Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 07:12:19 pm by J.D.
Quote from: #1kirbytrojanfan on January 14, 2015, 11:34:55 am
It would be a blessing for Kirby to host the State. In the last 8 years the North has held 6 out of the 8 tournaments. In the last 8 years Kirby has brought both teams to the state tournament (other than one year one team didn't) It would be nice for parents and family members of the southern teams to be able to watch games also. It is very costly to spend a week in a motel for all but even when the state was held south it was held VERY SOUTH. Still a lot of travel and expense.

Just seen this as well.  Part of my reasoning behind why I was hoping Kirby would get it. 

Since I've been attending the state tournament on a regular basis, I feel as if Kirby has always brought some of the best crowds.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: LHHC on January 15, 2015, 05:27:17 pm
^ looks like HF just called out!   Btw HF, Melbourne is about 7 miles from brockwell and it has 8 or 9 good places to eat, so I don't about this 45 mile stuff

Melbourne has how many hotels again? that's really the main concern I would think...Springhill Louisiana was 15 minutes out of Bradley Arkansas, the site the guy kept trying to hate on...and they had all of the main Chain Fast Food Restaurants there

HorseFeathers

Quote from: J.D. on January 15, 2015, 07:10:00 pm
Quote from: #1kirbytrojanfan on January 14, 2015, 11:34:55 am
It would be a blessing for Kirby to host the State. In the last 8 years the North has held 6 out of the 8 tournaments. In the last 8 years Kirby has brought both teams to the state tournament (other than one year one team didn't) It would be nice for parents and family members of the southern teams to be able to watch games also. It is very costly to spend a week in a motel for all but even when the state was held south it was held VERY SOUTH. Still a lot of travel and expense.

Just seen this as well.  Part of my reasoning behind why I was hoping Kirby would get it. 

The Kirby Fans I met at Bradley were some great folks....Probably some of the best fans in 1A ball....

HorseFeathers

Region 2 goes to Hillcrest

HorseFeathers

rEGION 1 is at Scranton....Get there early folks, parking is kinda sketchy and the gym is on the smaller side...Still will be an awesome environment for a Region Tournament :D

HorseFeathers

CRHS4LIFE

BASKETBALL ANNOUNCED BIDS:
Region 4 Emerson
Region 3 Bradford
Region 2 Hillcrest
Region 1 Scranton
State Kirby @ Nashville High School

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: HF on January 15, 2015, 07:12:38 pm
King Walker doesn't have as much power as I was thinking lol ICC shutout for once good job AAA.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: CRHS4LIFE on January 15, 2015, 07:18:51 pm
Region 4 Emerson
Region 3 Bradford
Region 2 Hillcrest
Region 1 Scranton

Looks like I'm either not watching 1A regionals...or, I'm taking a day off of work to make it worth my drive and watch all day....Hmmmm

Baseballer11

Did I hear right Bradford got 1A Region 3 over Greers Ferry??? WOW

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Baseballer11 on January 15, 2015, 07:57:48 pm

yes you did...I had to look up Bradford to see exactly where it was, for my personal convenience I'm not happy lol

NEArkie

Quote from: CRHS4LIFE on January 15, 2015, 07:18:51 pm
Region 4 Emerson
Region 3 Bradford
Region 2 Hillcrest
Region 1 Scranton
Google Maps shows that it is 265 miles from Bay to Nashville, a 4 hour 10 min or
3 hour 57 min without traffic, trip... I'm not :) .

polksalet

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we're having 4a tourney at our gym. But is that normal to host a tourney at someone else's place?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: polksalet on January 15, 2015, 08:56:21 pm
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we're having 4a tourney at our gym. But is that normal to host a tourney at someone else's place?
Sorta....Jasper/Kingston Hosted at NACC Last year...Nevada Co hosted at SAU 3 or 4 Years ago...Prescott and Clinton have been used as host gyms in the last 10 years as well...

polksalet

ballmember

HF, I am waiting for your response about calling me a liar!!

Mississippi King

January 15, 2015, 10:26:02 pm #69 Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 01:56:12 pm by Mississippi King

ballmember

Hillcrest has a nice gym and rabid fans!!

J.D.

Quote from: ballmember on January 15, 2015, 10:35:05 pm
Hillcrest has a nice gym and rabid fans!!

I enjoy Hillcrest's fan base as well.  They are the crowd with the "I believe" chant right?

D6Bound

January 15, 2015, 10:53:08 pm #72 Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 10:55:36 pm by D6Bound
Quote from: Mississippi King on January 15, 2015, 10:26:02 pm
Quote from: WhatsUrRingSize on January 15, 2015, 07:20:11 pm
King Walker doesn't have as much power as I was thinking lol ICC shutout for once good job AAA.

I heard that ICC lost state in a runoff to Kirby and then Walker withdrew his regional bid and told board that Hillcrest had an excellent gym deserving of a regional tournament and asked the board to vote for Hillcrest.  Whether that helped or not I don't know but it was just Hillcrest and Armorel bidding for regional tonight.
Sounds like big bad Bay put all their chips in the regionals for Armorel....and lost, again! LOL

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: HF on January 15, 2015, 08:02:52 pm

yes you did...I had to look up Bradford to see exactly where it was, for my personal convenience I'm not happy lol
As am I. Don't understand how the nest got beat out.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on January 15, 2015, 11:07:09 pm

I was rooting for Wonderview/Morrilton to win this one....I could leave from work, and 5-10 minutes be sitting in the gym...

bscinar

Quote from: D6Bound on January 15, 2015, 10:53:08 pm
Quote from: Mississippi King on January 15, 2015, 10:26:02 pm
Quote from: WhatsUrRingSize on January 15, 2015, 07:20:11 pm

I heard that ICC lost state in a runoff to Kirby and then Walker withdrew his regional bid and told board that Hillcrest had an excellent gym deserving of a regional tournament and asked the board to vote for Hillcrest.  Whether that helped or not I don't know but it was just Hillcrest and Armorel bidding for regional tonight.
Sounds like big bad Bay put all their chips in the regionals for Armorel....and lost, again! LOL
Why would you think Bay wanted regionals at Armorell?  Worked out ok for Bay the last time it was at Hillcrest.

Baller_34

I also love it when Walker don't get what he wants. Too bad so sad!!!!!

WhatsUrRingSize

January 16, 2015, 08:15:26 am #77 Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 08:17:31 am by WhatsUrRingSize
Big bad Bay  got what they wanted yes they thought is was time to rotate the regional to the other conf but just didnt want ICC to get it for the 3rd time in 4 yrs. Hillcrest is a very nice gym and I think the last time regional was there Bay went on to win the big dance. Good luck to everyone. On a side note the 4 teams that come out of that region should have a little advantage once they get to Nashville bc Hillcrest gym is very similar.

Baseballer11

So State Softball is In Aromorel and baseball is in Taylor? Are those schools close in proximity? Sorry if this has been asked already just wondering

PuddlePirate12

epotts

Quote from: Baseballer11 on January 16, 2015, 08:27:18 am
So State Softball is In Aromorel and baseball is in Taylor? Are those schools close in proximity? Sorry if this has been asked already just wondering

They are on opposite sides of the state from each other.

CincyGuyintheFort

If Kirby is hosting at a diff high school, why the heck dont the other schools do this, especially if there are crowds like I have been hearing. Play as a host at a bigger venue.
If I was at Mountainburg in 2a or Cedarville in 3a, and especially Mulberry in 1a. Why would they mot try to work it out to host at Alma? That place is too glorious of a high school arena to not have state tournaments played there. And plus , every kid, or as many as possible shud get the chance to play there. Cause it is an experience that 99.98% of HS gyms just cant provide.

CincyGuyintheFort

Oh, but that Nashville gym looks great as well. Just not too big it looks. But it looks like the perfect mid size school gym.

~WPS~

Nashville's has about 2000 seats.

~WPS~

CincyGuyintheFort

Daaaaaaaaaayum. That gym is BEAUTIFUL! I cant wait to go there. With Alma, there's is an arena, not even a gym and in a complete class of their own....
But this place looks like the perfect setup for a high school gym. I'm sure it gets so loud in there, ur right on top of the court . The horseshoe design was brilliant. Wow I think I just fell in love with that place lol

CincyGuyintheFort

I would like for someone to show me a better place to play high school ball than that gym @ Nashville. In this state Outside of the obvious(Alma) their really cant be one much better than this? As far as gyms/field houses /arena that were built specifically for HS hoops.

Woodrow1

Quote from: WhatsUrRingSize on January 16, 2015, 08:15:26 am
Big bad Bay  got what they wanted yes they thought is was time to rotate the regional to the other conf but just didnt want ICC to get it for the 3rd time in 4 yrs. Hillcrest is a very nice gym and I think the last time regional was there Bay went on to win the big dance. Good luck to everyone. On a side note the 4 teams that come out of that region should have a little advantage once they get to Nashville bc Hillcrest gym is very similar.

King Fred is the one who got Hillcrest to bid on the regional.  So it looks like ICC and King Fred did get part of what they wanted.

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: Woodrow1 on January 16, 2015, 11:29:30 am
Quote from: WhatsUrRingSize on January 16, 2015, 08:15:26 am

King Fred is the one who got Hillcrest to bid on the regional.  So it looks like ICC and King Fred did get part of what they wanted.
sounds great lets hope King Fred wants this every year.

WPWells

CincyGuy I think you'll enjoy Charleston's gym tonight

tacomeat

January 16, 2015, 01:57:31 pm #90 Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 03:50:21 pm by tacomeat
Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on January 15, 2015, 11:07:09 pm

The best place that should host from that district is GFWS.

ballmember

I have not been in Bradford's gym since 1992.  Dont know anything about it.   Is it remodeled , same, anyone know??

sideliner

Wow! That looks like a great place for state! I haven't been there yet, looking forward to it. Am glad it's in the south this year for convenience for me personally but would ideally love it being in central AR each year for us all.
And whoever mentioned the Gov. comments about reconsidering the 350 student threshold... that our officials seem to conveniently forget after the election, I sure hope we can hold them to it this time. Too many historic small schools that are educating kids in our state our suffering this ridiculous law. It broke my heart last year to watch Stephens fight for the life in state tournament. What a miserable feeling that must be.
I know Kirby and so many other good little schools would like to have an awesome new facility... but at the same time, out in rural AR, it's so hard to commit to a tax increase in a hard economy when the government is hovering about trying to elimiate (and build new) schools to "save" money. And for my part, I love our few historic old gyms left in the state! Umpire's is one of my favorites, full of character! Kingston has a cool older gym, Kirby's is full of character too but is sure limited in space. I thought the old Emerson gym was pretty cool also!
You can't beat a state of the art facility as it appears Nashville has but I still love the history of the old places!

FreeMoney

Bradford really?? Place MIGHT hold 600 at best. And on another note the AAA board of directors are in no way concerned with doing this whole thing right. Idiots!! If those guys can be administrators of schools then anyone can

HawgBall06

Quote from: FreeMoney on January 17, 2015, 09:48:31 am
Bradford really?? Place MIGHT hold 600 at best. And on another note the AAA board of directors are in no way concerned with doing this whole thing right. Idiots!! If those guys can be administrators of schools then anyone can

How would they "do this thing right"? 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: HawgBall06 on January 17, 2015, 10:44:48 am

By actually goign by their guidelines/rules that they outlined in the "rules to host region and state".

HawgBall06

Quote from: HF on January 17, 2015, 11:04:03 am
Quote from: HawgBall06 on January 17, 2015, 10:44:48 am

By actually goign by their guidelines/rules that they outlined in the "rules to host region and state".

Do you really believe that is all it will take to centrally locate the tourneys and make everyone happy? 

Everytime we have hosted a regional or state tourney, AAA officials have came to our site to check that we meet all the AAA guidelines.  It is pretty simple to determine.  I have never been to Bradford. 

ballmember

I think every class a school should have the opportunity to host a Class a state tourney.  I do not care how inconvenient it is for fans.   Communities that support their schools should get the opportunity.  Looks like they are starting to do something like that.   I never ever want a central location---easier for me to drive to--then you start adding places like Little Rock in the equation; and that is bad.   

Finals are at Hot Springs and that is enough.  Their crime statistics not as bad as LR.  I have been to Wickes state and other places not centrally located.  Such as Bradley.   Didnt care for it, but those people have as much right as those in central Arkansas.   

Look at this year-5 near Oklahoma border; 1 near bootheel of Missouri, other one is Pangburn which i am closer to-but will probably go to Nashville and Springdale.   

FreeMoney

HawgBall06 make the trip to Badford(typo intentional) and see for yourself. No comparison to the other schools that bid. This is the good ol boys "greasing" each other plain and simple. Let your imagination run wild and make up your own jokes about the greasing comment. I am lol at my own definition. Would get a vacation if I put it on here bad as I want to

ballmember

My talk was about the state tournaments.   I dont understand Bradford either, unless they have not had a regional.   It seems Greers Ferry has had some regionals and one state tourney.  Bradford boys are undefeated in conference.  Dont know about Bradford but conference is down quite a bit; however I seem to say that everywhere i go.   May be just me,  I am sure these kids want to play also.  Wonderview to Bradford will be a good haul.  Some schools in this conference travel well, hope everyone can get in.  I would not be a happy camper if the doors are locked.   I have seen doors get locked and it aint a pretty site.  Some people in charge go by the lettter of the law!!!!!!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas