• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best 1A boys teams of all time

Started by D6Bound, January 02, 2015, 11:29:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

D6Bound

Let's hear them folks. I'm gonna go with the '07 Fayettville Christian squad.

Ctucker

Can we include old class b schools because they are a now class a.If we can I go with 1983 GF Westside.

BrianfromCarlisle

If you add B schools, then it would hands down be 79-80 parkdale. 

BasketballNeverStops

2014 Concord squad. Not even a question. The entire starting five could fill it up and play lockdown defense. 114-14 record over 3 seasons. Even if they lost a game they always played hard and kept it close. Jacob Roark is one of the greatest 1A guards ever (4X All-State, 4X All-State Tournament Team, 2014 State MVP, 2014 All-Star, all-time state leader in three-pointers made, and second all-time in state scoring) 4 of the 5 starters graduated together and they were all true winners.

BrianfromCarlisle

Over a Parkdale team that won the overall title?

BasketballNeverStops

I'm not saying that, I was just mentioning Concord since the thread contains the words "best 1A boys teams" not "best 1A boys team"

BrianfromCarlisle

Moonshiner

Guy Perkins in the Late  90s were solid

D6Bound

January 03, 2015, 01:37:13 pm #8 Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 01:44:47 pm by D6Bound
Back when recruiting was legal for private schools the 2007 Fayettville Christian team had 4 kids from the Bahamas (one kid I believe is currently in the D-League can't remember his name though) and a 7 foot tall russian. I think that year they only lost 1 or 2 games that were out of state and beat a couple 7A schools. I think it was Bentonville and Conway. And blasted every 1A team including a very good Guy Perkins and Shirley squad

FreeMoney

No modern era teams can even be in the conversation with teams of the 70s 80s era. Park dale Wabbaseka Gould McNeil Plummerville Menifee. A lot of the so called great teams of today would stretch it to make it out of regionals. And that's just a short list of schools that have all been gobbled up by consolidation. All were traditional statewide powers that routinely beat the big boys.

BrianfromCarlisle

Wabbaseka and Humnoke and Humphrey could all get it

FreeMoney

Been doing a little research. Anybody out there remember the Village and Vaster teams of the early 70's. also Holly Grove. Good grief the athletes. These class A teams of today wouldn't know what hit em.

ballmember

Our wise legislators that have closed all these schools sure are a smart bunch.  is education any better today? no.  is basketball any better today?  definitely not!!  it is all about style points now: shoot the 3 and dunk.   

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ballmember on January 04, 2015, 03:30:58 pm
Our wise legislators that have closed all these schools sure are a smart bunch.  is education any better today? no.  is basketball any better today?  definitely not!!  it is all about style points now: shoot the 3 and dunk.   

Gotta look pretty for the press!! Who cares if you can't do any fundamentals like showing a little patience on offense...

RATTLER43

I, too, will go with that Parkdale squad. 

D6Bound

January 05, 2015, 06:44:24 pm #15 Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 06:48:05 pm by D6Bound
Don't know those 1970-80 teams very well...I'm sure they were unbelievable. And Wabbaseka and Hummokey sound like an old Indian or African tribe though  :D

BoxNOne

That Parkdale team of '80 would be my pick. They were very good for any classification.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas