• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best coach and player in 1a boys

Started by Woodrow1, March 10, 2014, 07:19:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodrow1

Concord has both. This is why they will hold the trophy up!

Catfish

Bayhoopfan13

March 10, 2014, 07:55:50 pm #2 Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 08:10:49 pm by Bayhoopfan13
Quote from: Catfish on March 10, 2014, 07:43:55 pm
Quote from: Woodrow1 on March 10, 2014, 07:19:18 pm
Concord has both. This is why they will hold the trophy up!

+1
i do agree Cornett is good but wouldn't put him over coach Brannan @ Bay 2 rings ( 1 over Cornett) and 1 runner-up but with that said I am going for Concord to win this yr. I think they work hard just like Bay and they deserve to win

Woodrow1

Basketballfan13

Coach Brannan is a great coach, definitely one of the better coaches through all classifications but coaching ability doesn't always result in rings. Some of the best coaches I've known have 0 rings, they've put together great respectable programs but just didnt have the horses to go all the way. On the flip side we've all seen teams that have won a state championship just from having far superior athletes and not much coaching at all.

Bayhoopfan13

Quote from: Woodrow1 on March 10, 2014, 08:03:45 pm
Cornett does more with less...
if so let's see if we r talking about Concord this time next yr.

J.D.

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on March 10, 2014, 08:04:34 pm
Coach Brannan is a great coach, definitely one of the better coaches through all classifications but coaching ability doesn't always result in rings. Some of the best coaches I've known have 0 rings, they've put together great respectable programs but just didnt have the horses to go all the way. On the flip side we've all seen teams that have won a state championship just from having far superior athletes and not much coaching at all.

Thank you.

Turd Ferguson

Cornett....hands down.....put them on the court for some one on one and let the beat down begin!!!!.....Roark....also hands down......but both pale in comparison to an old Pirate from the past who went by the name " THE POX"....honorable mention to "THE SNAKE"....and to the "SAMPSONATOR  aka GUMBY "

Moonshiner

Quote from: Woodrow1 on March 10, 2014, 08:03:45 pm
Cornett does more with less...

Agreed.  Cornett has done a Great job through the years.  Develops his own talent well and they bring it every night.
Lots of great Coaches out there.

Turd Ferguson

Heard Cornett is recruiting Malik Monk to Concord next year!!!

HorseFeathers

Turd Ferguson

Rumor has it he visited our campus and liked what he saw.

Run N Punch

After what I witnessed today.  Concord has the best.  Very classy on and off the court and their fans were great. I will be pulling for them from here on out.  Great job pirates both sets

benchMVP15

How long has Cornett been at Concord?

Turd Ferguson

Catfish

Quote from: benchMVP15 on March 10, 2014, 10:23:37 pm

That's were he went to school his entire life. He coached at pangburn, and heber springs before he came back back to Concord in 2005 I believe.

Turd Ferguson

March 10, 2014, 10:32:16 pm #16 Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 10:36:24 pm by Turd Ferguson
He was also a great player. Part of the famous 89 Concord squad.

benchMVP15

March 10, 2014, 10:33:13 pm #17 Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 10:35:24 pm by benchMVP15
Quote from: Catfish on March 10, 2014, 10:28:09 pm

That's were he went to school his entire life. He coached at pangburn, and heber springs before he came back back to Concord in 2005 I believe.

I did not know he went to school there, that is pretty neat. I think he has proved that he is a good coach because it seems that he has made it to state very year. I'm not for sure, but it always seems that you hear about concord so he must be doing something right.

AverageWhiteGuy

March 10, 2014, 10:41:45 pm #18 Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 11:12:20 pm by AverageWhiteGuy
I've also heard a rumor that this would be Cornett's last year at Concord.. Anyone else hear this or have any other information about it?

PORKEROINKER

Quote from: Run N Punch on March 10, 2014, 10:15:01 pm
After what I witnessed today.  Concord has the best.  Very classy on and off the court and their fans were great. I will be pulling for them from here on out.  Great job pirates both sets

Watched them play earlier this year, all the Concord fans were very friendly except for the one woman who screamed at the officials the entire game and wouldn't bother to take the Dum Dum sucker out of her mouth long enough for you to understand her.

Knew that night I watched them that they had a dang good coach.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: benchMVP15 on March 10, 2014, 10:33:13 pm

I did not know he went to school there, that is pretty neat. I think he has proved that he is a good coach because it seems that he has made it to state very year. I'm not for sure, but it always seems that you hear about concord so he must be doing something right.

Well he's made state for sure in 2014, 2013, 2012, and 2011...that's how long Roark has been playing :D

But Seriously...
2006(L first round to Runner-up Kingston)(Runner-up in Region to State Champ Guy)
2007--Missed state--Lost first game of region?
2008--Lost in Region
2009--Can't find anything?
2010--2nd Round of state to Bay
2011--2nd Round of state to...bay(didn't realize that they played two years in a row?)
2012---1st Round of State...Lost to Nevada
2013---Lost in State Finals to...Bay
2014...Still rolling along...

playhard

I thought you said no more mentioning of the R word.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: playhard on March 10, 2014, 11:28:23 pm
I thought you said no more mentioning of the R word.

Turd isn't to be taken seriously.....the other guys were being serious(or at least could have been taken seriously)...Not a double standard if that's what your thinking

Catfish

Quote from: HF on March 10, 2014, 11:10:31 pm

Well he's made state for sure in 2014, 2013, 2012, and 2011...that's how long Roark has been playing :D

But Seriously...
2006(L first round to Runner-up Kingston)(Runner-up in Region to State Champ Guy)
2008--Lost in Region
2011--2nd Round of state to...bay(didn't realize that they played two years in a row?)

In 2009 Concord got beat in the first round of state to runner up MVE.

Googlymoogly

Quote from: HF on March 10, 2014, 11:10:31 pm

But Seriously...
2008--Lost in Region

2007 lost in first round of regional to Delaplaine

HorseFeathers

Alright that's what i thought. . . . Still pretty impressive to make state 6 years in a row. . .

Run N Punch

I heard Cornett had some great teams at pangburn

Turd Ferguson

I heard he was entering the PGA draft next year... did great at the combine....ran a 6.2...40

Bayhoopfan13

Quote from: Turd Ferguson on March 10, 2014, 09:57:09 pm
He will need him lol

Run N Punch

Quote from: Bayhoopfan13 on March 11, 2014, 10:03:55 am
He will need him lol
Spoken from the utter genius known as the baseball boy.  This guy predicts the future so well. 

Bayhoopfan13

Quote from: Run N Punch on March 11, 2014, 10:46:45 am
Quote from: Bayhoopfan13 on March 11, 2014, 10:03:55 am
He will need him lol
Spoken from the utter genius known as the baseball boy.  This guy predicts the future so well.
Looks like Emerson gonna get those bats out today also. The way i look at it yall didnt do anything better than Bay this yr bc if you dont make it the final 4 or championship game you didnt do anything great. haha

Run N Punch

If your not good enough to make out of region you def not good enough to win state.  Especially in an overly weak region.  Are you the same kid that predicted bay was gonna beat the brakes off of ICC in region?

Bayhoopfan13

Quote from: Run N Punch on March 11, 2014, 11:11:29 am
If your not good enough to make out of region you def not good enough to win state.  Especially in an overly weak region.  Are you the same kid that predicted bay was gonna beat the brakes off of ICC in region?
You sure couldnt tell Cedar Ridge that 2 years ago got beat in the first rd of region and now with the same group about to win 2 championships in a row so u may wont to think a little before you just run that trap.

Run N Punch

2_4_the_show ur a punk from ICC and Bay is gonna beat the brakes off y'all on ur home floor in front of ur fans and then y'all will have ur girls to root for the rest of the wk. Bay has been there done that before coming out of the region up north and been to 3 championship games and hung 2 banners. This young team has already had a great yr but there along ways from done. ICC can get the baseball bats out thur that's all I have to say.You picked the wrong team to trash talk punk......I believe you are the one that needs to learn the lesson of shut your trap.  This was you a week or two ago am I correct baseball boy?

Bayhoopfan13

Quote from: Run N Punch on March 11, 2014, 11:44:24 am
2_4_the_show ur a punk from ICC and Bay is gonna beat the brakes off y'all on ur home floor in front of ur fans and then y'all will have ur girls to root for the rest of the wk. Bay has been there done that before coming out of the region up north and been to 3 championship games and hung 2 banners. This young team has already had a great yr but there along ways from done. ICC can get the baseball bats out thur that's all I have to say.You picked the wrong team to trash talk punk......I believe you are the one that needs to learn the lesson of shut your trap.  This was you a week or two ago am I correct baseball boy?
When does Emerson play again jUST  like Bay in OCT GOOD BYE

Lionfan 18

Quote from: Bayhoopfan13 on March 11, 2014, 11:48:14 am
Quote from: Run N Punch on March 11, 2014, 11:44:24 am
When does Emerson play again jUST  like Bay in OCT GOOD BYE
When does Clarendon play again? Oh that's right today! How's the Baseball team looking, 70 degrees today should be able to get a game in at Bay.

Moonshiner

Quote from: Bayhoopfan13 on March 11, 2014, 11:38:56 am
Quote from: Run N Punch on March 11, 2014, 11:11:29 am
You sure couldnt tell Cedar Ridge that 2 years ago got beat in the first rd of region and now with the same group about to win 2 championships in a row so u may wont to think a little before you just run that trap.

Cedar Ridge does not come from a weak region.  They are in a weak conference but that Region is very tough.  Just ask teams like EPC, Marmaduke, Riverside etc...

Turd Ferguson

Back to coaching....Cornett vs rabid Bengal tiger.....Cornett wins by submission! Please refrain from speaking of Bay and ICC being as they are swinging bats at this time...anyone for a Jolly Rancher

Basketballfan13

Cedar ridge lost 2 yrs ago to a very talented very well coached rector team, but cr should have definitely won the game they simply got out played...it's the great thing about sports it's why we play the games. But I don't believe they are about to win 2 state championships with the same group of boys, I think that team graduated 2-3 starters that year?

Moonshiner

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on March 11, 2014, 11:43:52 pm
Cedar ridge lost 2 yrs ago to a very talented very well coached rector team, but cr should have definitely won the game they simply got out played...it's the great thing about sports it's why we play the games. But I don't believe they are about to win 2 state championships with the same group of boys, I think that team graduated 2-3 starters that year?

Cedar Ridge started Reeves and Crabtree as sophomores that year and was ranked #2 in Class 2A.  Was considered a mild upset though considering their history of poor regional performances beforehand.  Tough region to come out of.

benchMVP15

Coach squires for wonderview has made a name for himself. No one expected this team to make it out of regionals and now they are playing for state title. Every year he seems to have his team in shape and prepared to play.

Turd Ferguson

March 12, 2014, 09:44:47 am #42 Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 11:45:00 am by Turd Ferguson
Cornett vs angry Killer Whale.....Cornett wins by rear naked choke ...drowning the beast seconds into 1st round! Really I am the only one to beat him one on one!

bdubyab60

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 12, 2014, 01:42:20 am
Quote from: Basketballfan13 on March 11, 2014, 11:43:52 pm

Cedar Ridge started Reeves and Crabtree as sophomores that year and was ranked #2 in Class 2A.  Was considered a mild upset though considering their history of poor regional performances beforehand.  Tough region to come out of.
This year they have the same startng 5 as last year. They lose 2 from this years squad and only lost one off of last years squad i believe, sixth man off the bench. Believe CR got upset 2 years in a row in regional first round, older reaves would have been a freshman. Second upset was the rector game and Rector was shooting lights out in the post season, believe the made the final 4 that year and lost in the last few seconds.

Its been a tough region with the 3 coming out on top until here recently and thats with only CR moving on the past couple of years

cbj

Again i thought this post was about the best coach and player in 1a (cornett & roark) i don't see what cedar ridge has to do with that!

Turd Ferguson

cbj.....you are so correct..... some of these guys cant handle the truth.....Cornett vs Chuck Norris.......Norris wins after 89th round only due to Cornett leaving the ring to play a round of Flappy Bird ( claimed he was bored with Chuck ) He is like a real life beer commercial. BTW his final Flappy Bird score was 89000! Not bad

Buck Douff

Quote from: HF on March 11, 2014, 09:04:28 am
Alright that's what i thought. . . . Still pretty impressive to make state 6 years in a row. . .

I believe County Line Coach Joe Brunson has had the Indians in the state tournament for 7 straight years

2008 1A lost to ICC (eventual champs)
             2009 2A 
             2010 2A lost to Hughes (eventual state champs)
             2011 2A
             2012 2A/1A ?
             2013 1A lost to Bay in semi-finals (eventual state champs)
             2014 1A lost to Wonderview in semi-finals ( TBD)

Turd Ferguson

People. ..we are talking about coaches not recruiters.  Cornett vs Predator from movie....Cornett wins via throat punch.

Run N Punch

Quote from: Turd Ferguson on March 12, 2014, 02:42:26 pm
cbj.....you are so correct..... some of these guys cant handle the truth.....Cornett vs Chuck Norris.......Norris wins after 89th round only due to Cornett leaving the ring to play a round of Flappy Bird ( claimed he was bored with Chuck ) He is like a real life beer commercial. BTW his final Flappy Bird score was 89000! Not bad
89,000 that's impressive

Lionfan 18

I say him going 89 rounds with Chuck but that's my opinion and you know what they say bout opinions

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas