• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A 7 West Preseason thoughts and predictions

Started by swarkball, May 03, 2018, 01:11:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OLionSwag74

stuck in between

Quote from: OLionSwag74 on August 21, 2018, 08:42:21 am
Mount Ida only has 19..

Man, that is just hard to believe. With the amount of success the Lions have had in recent years you would think you guys would have to draw straws to see who would make the cut to make the travel team. I hope for the sake of small town football this is just a tactic being used to mislead the competition.

couch-coach06

Quote from: HOLLYWOOD on August 20, 2018, 07:06:35 pm
Goin to be a tough year for the rattlers. I heard they only had about 18 out. But lookin forward to the season. I think Foreman wins but they are going to have problems with Gurdon. When Jackson has talent on defense he is hard to score on, especially when he just key on one player
Good thing foreman has 11 players and not one...

OLionSwag74

couch-coach06

HOLLYWOOD

Hats off to Foreman program. They went from everybody's homecoming game to state champs.

godgiven999

;D
Quote from: HOLLYWOOD on August 21, 2018, 11:25:34 am
Hats off to Foreman program. They went from everybody's homecoming game to state champs.

BlueNGold52

Quote from: stuck in between on August 21, 2018, 09:37:00 am
Quote from: OLionSwag74 on August 21, 2018, 08:42:21 am
Mount Ida only has 19..

Man, that is just hard to believe. With the amount of success the Lions have had in recent years you would think you guys would have to draw straws to see who would make the cut to make the travel team. I hope for the sake of small town football this is just a tactic being used to mislead the competition.

Unfortunately its a fact Mount Ida only has 18 and only 4 of those are underclassmen the rest are Srs. Only a handful freshman in Jr high as well mostly 8th graders. There is a decent group of 8th graders and just a couple 7th graders out this year. Unfortunately it is going tough going for next few yrs. at Mount Ida.

godgiven999

That's unfortunate, Gurdon and Mt Ida had a decent rival started!
Quote from: BlueNGold52 on August 21, 2018, 03:02:27 pm
Unfortunately its a fact Mount Ida only has 18 and only 4 of those are underclassmen the rest are Srs. Only a handful freshman in Jr high as well mostly 8th graders. There is a decent group of 8th graders and just a couple 7th graders out this year. Unfortunately it is going tough going for next few yrs. at Mount Ida.

swarkball

godgiven999

I wont be surprised, Gurdon has dominated this Conference, and would have more titles if not for being moved to 3A every 3 years!
Quote from: swarkball on August 24, 2018, 07:14:55 am
Gordon will surprise some people this year.

SWAT11

My predictions are as follows:

Mt. Ida is reigning conf champions 3 years in a row. State champs in 16. Runner up in 17. Senior class has lost 3 football games since third grade. Lost a lot. But obviously have retained a lot. Foreman has a lot returning. State champs 17. Conf runner-up to Mt. Ida. They are fast and physical. Will be a good game.

Mineral has talent if they can put it together they will be tough. Gurdon will be in the hunt as well. They have talent and speed.

1.  My. Ida is reigning so they get my nod to they lose in conf.
2. Foreman could just as easily be number one
3/4.  Gurdon or mineral. To close to call for me. But both could end up 1 or 2.

Great words from the old ball coach. It's talking season. Kids will be a lot more fun to watch than reading these words on here.

State champ contender can come out of this conf. Junction will probably be the other.

SWAT11

Foreman didn't look good Monday. But that's nothing new for them early. Mt. Ida has 4 lineman back and 3 skill people back for a total of 7 On both sides of the ball. So I don't know where your numbers came from but that is the actual number. I see several on here that want them to lose so bad. Picking them 3-4.  So go take that crown from them.

godgiven999

After watching tonight, I believe Gurdon, Forman and Mt Ida are the teams to watch. Gurdon didn't have a single kid playing 2 ways. I think over time Mt Ida will run into a depth problem, especially by the time they play Gurdon last regular season game.

OLionSwag74

Dang right, Mount Ida has a ton of problems. Still a very good team imo. Their O line play must get better or they'll have no shot with the upper teir teams.

stuck in between

Quote from: godgiven999 on August 31, 2018, 11:34:11 pm
After watching tonight, I believe Gurdon, Forman and Mt Ida are the teams to watch. Gurdon didn't have a single kid playing 2 ways. I think over time Mt Ida will run into a depth problem, especially by the time they play Gurdon last regular season game.

If I'm not mistaken Gurdon and Foreman meet in the last regular season game.

G-HIGH

Quote from: stuck in between on September 01, 2018, 06:45:46 pm
Quote from: godgiven999 on August 31, 2018, 11:34:11 pm

If I'm not mistaken Gurdon and Foreman meet in the last regular season game.

correct .... at Foreman

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas