• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gosnell @ Joe T Robinson Round 3

Started by RyanLR, November 17, 2017, 09:37:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RyanLR

Gosnell just beat Heber Springs 35-7 while Robinson demolished Dardanelle 42-14. Should be a great game! To my knowledge we have never played Gosnell.

Quote from: RyanLR on November 17, 2017, 09:37:28 pm
Gosnell just beat Heber Springs 35-7 while Robinson demolished Dardanelle 42-14. Should be a great game! To my knowledge we have never played Gosnell.

Robinson 76 Gosnell 2

Ghs21

RyanLR

The Senators came out on fire against the Sand Lizards, looked like everybody stayed healthy.

bigchief72455

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Come on Gosnell... Give them big city boys a run for their money and rep the 3-4A well

RyanLR

The only common opponent is Malvern. Robinson won 41-10, while Gosnell won 61-24 in the first round of the playoffs.

Quote from: Ghs21 on November 17, 2017, 09:42:57 pm
yeah right lol
Want to put some $$ on it heads up??? If Joe T. is focused, it'll be as bad as they want it to...

Ghs21

Gosnell is really good and playin good football right now it will be a good. Game. Have you seen Gosnell play yet

Ghs21

Quote from: Ghs21 on November 17, 2017, 10:54:08 pm
Gosnell is really good and playin good  football right now it will be a good. Game. Have you seen Gosnell play yet

Ghs21

They've been playing without there starting running back and linebacker hope to have him back for next week. Robinson may win but they better not take Gosnell lightly

Quote from: Ghs21 on November 17, 2017, 10:54:08 pm
Gosnell is really good and playin good football right now it will be a good. Game. Have you seen Gosnell play yet

Yep. Not impressed. How bout that bet???

TBone70

Quote from: 22 on November 17, 2017, 10:50:28 pm
Want to put some $$ on it heads up??? If Joe T. is focused, it'll be as bad as they want it to...

Dang, how old are you.? You are acting like a kid. You realize we are in the playoffs don't you. Both teams have to be good to get this far. Some maybe better than each other but not by 74 points better.

RyanLR

Quote from: TBone70 on November 17, 2017, 11:09:22 pm
Dang, how old are you.? You are acting like a kid. You realize we are in the playoffs don't you. Both teams have to be good to get this far. Some maybe better than each other but not by 74 points better.
Yeah idk who that kid is but hes not a Robinson poster that I've seen ever. My question to Gosnell fans is after starting 0-3 in nonconference, what changed to where they ran roughshod through the league and havent lost since?

Sports Guru

This looks like a great game as well as the remaining 4A games. Congrats on everyone making it this far. Should be a good test for both of your teams!

Robinson 36 Gosnell 30

Ghs21

Quote from: RyanLR on November 18, 2017, 02:19:20 am
Yeah idk who that kid is but hes not a Robinson poster that I've seen ever. My question to Gosnell fans is after starting 0-3 in nonconference, what changed to where they ran roughshod through the league and havent lost since?
injuries and youth has a lot to do with it they start one freshmen and a lot of sophomores and had quite a few injuries early on playing without there main running back leading senior leader linebacker and starting safety and starting tackle. But they have really gotten together. I expect a good game

RyanLR

Quote from: CrossettEagles14 on November 18, 2017, 04:43:56 am
This looks like a great game as well as the remaining 4A games. Congrats on everyone making it this far. Should be a good test for both of your teams!

Robinson 36 Gosnell 30
While I would agree that Gosnell has a good chance of winning this game, there's 0% chance that they score 30 on us. The most they've given up is 21 to Lakeside in the first game of the season.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Gosnell will eat you up on time of possession and doesn't break a lot of big plays, but you better have a lot of conditioning. I know Gosnell has physicality almost every year, but this team is insanely physical.

RyanLR

Quote from: PokeyRedskinStudentScout on November 18, 2017, 09:40:07 am
Gosnell will eat you up on time of possession and doesn't break a lot of big plays, but you better have a lot of conditioning. I know Gosnell has physicality almost every year, but this team is insanely physical.
I think Robinson teams of recent past have been known as "finesse" type throw the ball around type offense. This year they are VERY physical with a big O-Line and three very good backs. Caezar Warren is our main guy, starts at MLB and is one of the most violent runners we've ever had. He is impossible to tackle with one person. Think Dennis Johnson with a stronger upper body. Zaytron Waits is the second guy in and also the main backup quarterback. He's more of an option read type and likes to get north and south in a hurry. When we go to the wildcat Caezar and Zaytron will split snaps. Andre Bradley is probably the fastest back but also the smallest. He's about 5'6 and runs about a 4.4. Greyson Tackett is a good QB with a decent arm and has plenty of weapons around him, namely Nathan Page, Xavier Hardy, and Traveon James. Defensively we have just annihilated people. Held Arky to 95 total yards and 17 points (albeit without Zion Hatley). Held just about every team far below their scoring averages.

snap crackle

ISU7

Quote from: RyanLR on November 18, 2017, 02:19:20 am
The three non conference 3A. teams they played are better than the teams in their conference. 😷💯💪

Rugman15

Joe T. always begins to lose focus around this time of the playoffs.  Looking at a very close game that Gosnell may win because it's time for the yearly Joe T. Choke!

Robinson 28
Gosnell 30

THE D.O.C

If anyone would know about both Gosnell and Robinson it's me. (Malvern) got to see both teams play. My suggestion to Robinson is don't overlook this team, they rely on ball control.

Gosnell: On offense they have a tight bunch formation somewhat like Bauxite but are more physical, with that tight bunch they can pop a big run. On defense they don't take chances and make good open-field tackles, they all fly to the ball.

Robinson: Has a big strong offensive front and running back could be quietly the best in the state and very hard to tackle. Defensively they are extremely physical, corners a very athletic along with front 4 and they all tackle well.

To Gosnell,
You beat Malvern that's been down the last 2 years, Robinson is the beast of the conference just take a look at the scores.

To Robinson,
This team can control possession with their tight bunch formation and keep your offense on the side line, scoring shouldn't be hard, if you have the ball.

Robinson 41
Gosnell    21

BM22

Quote from: PokeyRedskinStudentScout on November 17, 2017, 10:11:13 pm
Come on Gosnell... Give them big city boys a run for their money and rep the 3-4A well
Gosnell has had a good season and all, but I can't see them keeping up with Joe T. Put Gosnell in the 4A-7 and they most likely finish 5th, or maybe 4th at best. I think Joe T's tough conference play has gotten them ready for the stretch run of the playoffs. Of course, anything can happen in the post season but I expect the Senators to win big, 42-14.

AirWarren

Been many moons ago, but Gosnell came to warren in 2002 and gave us all we wanted. Had a running back named Blount, Anderson, and another kid that could flat out fly.

We had One of the most talented teams ever that year. Won state but we fought and scratched to beat the pirates.

Their offense is built on leverage, assignments, and speed. And they aren't FL or bauxite.

ballislife101

bulldoghistorian

November 19, 2017, 07:53:52 pm #26 Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 08:04:01 pm by bulldoghistorian
Quote from: AirWarren on November 19, 2017, 07:18:04 pm
Been many moons ago, but Gosnell came to warren in 2002 and gave us all we wanted. Had a running back named Blount, Anderson, and another kid that could flat out fly.

We had One of the most talented teams ever that year. Won state but we fought and scratched to beat the pirates.
For some reason, I remember that game. It was tied going in to the 4th, and Fellows broke a long run to put it away.

AirWarren

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on November 19, 2017, 07:53:52 pm
For some reason, I remember that game. It was tied going in to the 4th, and Fellows broke a long run to put it away.

Bret was put in at LB and was told to find the football.

Gosnell is not a team to be taken lightly.

by-stander

zebrafan

Quote from: 22 on November 17, 2017, 10:50:28 pm
Keep that helmet on even when you're inside!

Stealthfan

Quote from: Rugman15 on November 19, 2017, 10:22:21 am
Joe T. always begins to lose focus around this time of the playoffs.  Looking at a very close game that Gosnell may win because it's time for the yearly Joe T. Choke!

Robinson 28
Gosnell 30

Josh is dead on.  If not this game then the next, or maybe even the next.  In spite of all their talent, they prove to never get it done. I wasn't around this state in 1980 but don't think any of that momentum persists today.   

RyanLR

If we look at the last three "chokes", it was @ Pocahontas, @ Pea Ridge, and @ Warren. All on the road. Guess what, we don't have to play on the road at all this year. And I'm telling you this defense is the best we've had in the 20 years that I have followed Robinson football.

Redskin2015

Smash mouth football- 32
Last chance U- 28

Nomad1324

Quote from: AirWarren on November 19, 2017, 07:18:04 pm

Their offense is built on leverage, assignments, and speed. And they aren't FL or bauxite.

Believe that was Ross Brown. Anderson went to UAM I think, Brown went to UCA.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: RyanLR on November 19, 2017, 10:16:02 pm
If we look at the last three "chokes", it was @ Pocahontas, @ Pea Ridge, and @ Warren. All on the road. Guess what, we don't have to play on the road at all this year. And I'm telling you this defense is the best we've had in the 20 years that I have followed Robinson football.

You're right, but most that haven't seen you play won't believe you until you beat Warren.

AirWarren

Quote from: Nomad1324 on November 20, 2017, 12:25:28 pm
Believe that was Ross Brown. Anderson went to UAM I think, Brown went to UCA.

Brown.
Blount.
Anderson.

Heck of a backfield that year for Gosnell.

nastynice

Is that the year they set all the rushing records?

OLDSCHOOL82

Gosnell set a bunch of rushing records in the mid late 90's as well.  Booneville broke several of them and it seems like Gosnell may have set them again.  Can't remember.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 20, 2017, 01:25:02 pm
Gosnell set a bunch of rushing records in the mid late 90's as well.  Booneville broke several of them and it seems like Gosnell may have set them again.  Can't remember.

Neither one of these teams has any rushing records. Not statewide anyway...

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 20, 2017, 01:46:29 pm
Neither one of these teams has any rushing records. Not statewide anyway...

At that time, yes.  Pine bluffs 1925 season wasn't in there and the 98-99 seasons saw a lot of rushing yards and the record at the time changed 2-4 times I believe.  Also, on the records.  Not all are submitted, if at all, in a timely manner.

nastynice

1998 Gosnell is who I was thinking of.

TBone70

C-Town lion 2011

Any livestream/ radio coverage for the game ?

RyanLR

No. 7 Gosnell at No. 2 JOE T. ROBINSON (21): Gosnell returns to the quarterfinals for the second straight season (lost at Prairie Grove last year) and third time since 2003. Sophomore Jydarian Young ran for three TDs in last week's 28-point win over Heber Springs. Senior tight end Trajan Donnerson caught a 99-yard TD pass and returned an interception for another. Jydarian Young (78 carries, 845 yards and 12 TDs) and his brother Cadarius Young (104 carries, 798 yards and 12 TDs) drive an offense that rushes for 310 yards weekly. Joe T. Robinson returns to the quarterfinals for the second straight season (lost at Warren 35-28 a year ago) and sixth time since 2002. The Senators scored on their first snap last week when senior Ceazar Warren sprinted 55 yards for a TD. They led Dardanelle 35-0 at halftime last week, holding the Sand Lizards to 22 yards before intermission. Junior QB Greyson Tackett threw three first-half TDs a week ago, and he's passed for 1,079 yards and 16 TDs this fall, while Warren has 107 carries for 1,078 yards and 16 TDs. Warren spearheads the stout defense with 123 tackles, 30 tackles for loss and seven sacks. Senior receiver Nathan Page focused on defense most of the season (34 tackles at safety), but has become a primary receiver the past three games with 15 catches for 338 yards and six TDs.

Rugman15

RyanLR

I don't really understand the choking thing. Any team that didn't win state could be considered a "choker".

Rugman15

Quote from: RyanLR on November 22, 2017, 11:54:18 am
I don't really understand the choking thing. Any team that didn't win state could be considered a "choker".

Never seen more talent underperform so much like Joe T. Robinson year in and year out. 

GHS_08

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 20, 2017, 02:36:29 pm
At that time, yes.  Pine bluffs 1925 season wasn't in there and the 98-99 seasons saw a lot of rushing yards and the record at the time changed 2-4 times I believe.  Also, on the records.  Not all are submitted, if at all, in a timely manner.

Not sure when they added he 1925 Pine Bluff team but Gosnell had the record for at least 10 years. They are still second on the list. 5,879 rushing yards in 1998. Ivan Brown 2700 yds and his 38 TDs are still 5th all time.
We had 77 Rushing TDs that year which was a record at the time.
Keith Reynolds was the other running back with him that year. Both had 6 TD games in the playoffs that year, Browns 6 TD game was against Ozark and Reynolds was against Prarie Grove. Both top 3 all time according The the book.

Ryan Humphrey had 5 TDs against Prarie Grove in the first half alone in 2005. Didn't play much after that.

We have had a lot of good running backs come through Gosnell and strong offensive lines to pave the way. Today's teams don't look anything the same. All the kids are smaller, maybe more athletic overall but it's a different brand of football. Carlos Blackman is our most recent product. He led UCA in rushing last year as a Freshman and leading the way this year.

RyanLR

Quote from: Rugman15 on November 22, 2017, 11:59:45 am
Never seen more talent underperform so much like Joe T. Robinson year in and year out.
I like all the banter and whatnot. But this is something I really can't stand. You're saying our kids don't play hard? Don't play to their potential? I think you're just trying to pee me off at this point.

LJ06

Gosnell features an attack that can take spread teams out of their game per say, but this Robinson team is scary good. Robinson by 3 scores on Friday night.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas