• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blake Anderson hired as the new Red Wolves coach

Started by wildcat_x-mgr, December 18, 2013, 07:04:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wildcat_x-mgr

December 18, 2013, 07:04:53 pm Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 02:17:36 pm by wildcat_x-mgr
He was the offensive coordinator for UNC the past two years, looks like he followed Larry Fedora there from Southern Miss. Seems like a nice hire so far. Wonder where he'll be next year? ;D

EDIT: False alarm, sorry about this guys. If it later turns out that he IS hired by ASU, I'll turn my post back the way it was.

Changing it back, it's real. http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10163937/arkansas-state-red-wolves-hire-blake-anderson-new-coach

True Believer

LOL...that's what I thought when I saw we had a new head coach.  :)

wildcat_x-mgr

Hold up... A-State Nation now says they're getting conflicting information. Maybe I jumped the gun here.

fastdrop

We need to offer BB. I doubt anybody would be dumb any enough to take him from us.

Uncle Ivan

Hired, apparently.

Underwhelming hire, to say the least.

AirWarren

Big Fan

OC at UNC...........or were you just stirring the pot?

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Big Fan on December 19, 2013, 08:52:37 am
or were you just stirring the pot?

It was the first thing many of us said.  "Who?"

True Believer

I like this guy.  He has a sense of humor.  I hope he's  good coach.  Time will tell.  3 million dollor buyout in the contract for the first two years, is what I heard I believe.

Here we go again!!!!!   Howl Yes!!   Red Wolves!!

dc24

Loved his press conference.  Came away very impressed with him, much more so than I did Harsin last year and I was very impressed with Harsin's last year.  He's an offensive guru of sorts and does alot of fun things.  Our offense should be fun to watch for sure.  I hope he can surround himself with a good staff.  He wants to coach UNC in the bowl game and I applaud him for that and hope he gets to.  He doesn't even want to be around much until our bowl game is over because he doesn't want to be a distraction to us as we prepare for the bowl game.  Great hire.

True Believer

I agree.  I think it's great he wants to coach his old team in the bowl before he comes here. 

Heard we got a great assistant coach from some little place over in NWA.  :)

Uncle Ivan

Quality control to assistant...large step down, obviously.

True Believer

That's your opinion of which in my opinion does not count.  :)

Uncle Ivan

There's that realty place on Caraway (Dacus, I think) that has the "Flyin with Bryan" paint on their windows.  Same people who had that Gus bus parked out front for a couple weeks after he split town.

Been meaning to take a photo of it the last two weeks for giggles.  It was still up last Wednesday.  Someone oughta tell them they're cursed.

bleudog

True Believer

It took them forever to get rid of the Gus Bus. 

ricepig

Quote from: True Believer on December 22, 2013, 02:41:40 pm
It took them forever to get rid of the Gus Bus.

Should have thrown it in on one of their Ridgepointe listings, that, or one of the 3500 churches in town.

Uncle Ivan

True Believer

I agree.  But it's a good place to live in my opinion.  Crime is up from when I moved here but it's still better than most cities of it's size.

People are nice here.  Well ricepig is the exception.  :)

j/k 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas