• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013 Arkansas State University Red Wolves

Started by True Believer, January 19, 2013, 10:14:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

True Believer

Lions84

Peety

Should be a solid year. Can't wait to watch them play. Uxa should be a beast this year

Peety

GREAT NEWS for ASU football: Arkansas State has officially announced that they will play a home and home with Missouri. We will go to Columbia in 2013 and they will come to Jonesboro in 2015. Huge for the Red Wolves.

True Believer

whippersnapper

Looking like this state will have another greenwood QB leading a team to victory in Stephen Hogan. Go wolves!

True Believer

Congrats to Don Jones!  Drafted to Miami!! 

True Believer

Ryan Appling as Free Agent to Cleveland Browns.    Taylor Stockemer as Free Agent to Miami. 

Good luck to all!!   Howl Yes! 

True Believer

AirWarren

True Believer

Thanks AW.

Also FA to the Redskins is Josh Jarboe.

True Believer

Per Twitter, Aplin's deal with the Browns fell though.  No other details except that Browns cited a medical issue. 

Too bad.  He's a really good person.  Wish him the best. 

As someone said yesterday "Everybody loves the game but the game loves no one". 

RamFan06

Lions84

I would love to see B. Mitchell become a ASU!

football nut

I am finally starting to like this new coach for ONE reason!!!
HE FINALLY UNDERSTANDS FREDI KNIGHTEN!
You can talk about height, weight, speed and everything else but don't ever forget, being a winner is the most important aspect of athletics. Fredi knows how to win and his senior year at Pulaski Academy was one of the most unbelievable performances of any quarterback this state has ever seen.
Please remember that this young man ran an offense that converted over 90% of the time on 4th down. In reality, Fredi only played about 60% of the season based on the coach pulling him out after the "mercy rule" went into effect. Had Fredi played most of every game he would have broken every conceivable record in Arkansas high school football related to quarterback play.
My humble advice to Coach Harsin,
Start Fredi this year and you will see amazing things. As his confidence builds he will get better geometrically. By the end of the year ASU will get national attention. By the end of his junior year ASU will be ranked nationally and by the end of his senior year, you will be offered a job in the SEC. 
I am not slighting these other fine young men, but they are seniors and you need to build your team around the foreseeable future, not just the next year.
Please play this young man from Arkansas that is a natural born competitor and winner. You will not regret it!!!

whippersnapper

Im glad coaches dont listen to the public. Dont forget Stephen Hogan who isn't a senior took most the snaps this spring.

Valleysports

Uncle Ivan

So, who picks up the tab when the football team eats at Ryan's?

True Believer

ricepig

Quote from: True Believer on August 18, 2013, 02:56:39 pm
Same as the pigs I'm sure.

No sense talking about those from Brookland that come in to town to eat.  ;D

True Believer

True Believer

But since you are a pig lover, you must enjoy seeing that rp. 

Go Red Wolves.  :) 

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: True Believer on August 18, 2013, 02:56:39 pm
Same as the pigs I'm sure.

A booster, I'm sure.

It's something to fire off an email to the NCAA enforcement department over.

True Believer

ricepig

Quote from: True Believer on August 19, 2013, 06:14:54 pm
But since you are a pig lover, you must enjoy seeing that rp. 

Go Red Wolves.  :)

Actually the Piggues live in Paragould, I'm sure you've eaten at Delta Crawfish.

True Believer

Yes I have.  Not in a while but it's some kind of good! 

True Believer

There is a full moon out tonight and the crazies are out in full force.

bleudog

Quote from: Peety on January 30, 2013, 03:26:49 pm
GREAT NEWS for ASU football: Arkansas State has officially announced that they will play a home and home with Missouri. We will go to Columbia in 2013 and they will come to Jonesboro in 2015. Huge for the Red Wolves.

The U too (2014 Miami, 2017 Jonesboro).

http://www.astateredwolves.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=208538560

True Believer

TONIGHT - PAINT THE TOWN RED!!!   

TAILGATE CITY!!!!   5:30

ORDER OF THE PACK!!!   at Liberty Stadium 7:00

Come on down and support our ARKANSAS STATE UNIVERSITY REDWOLVES!!! 

Then head downtown for some howling good fun!
HOWL YES!   :) 

whippersnapper

Good night for the wolves it sounds like! 4 players went over 100 yards rushing end Ing the night with 503 team rushing and somewhere in the 100s in passing.

Peety

I know it was only UAPB, but good lord we looked good tonight. Very sharp on both sides of the ball.

Look out Malzahn.

fastdrop

Quote from: whippersnapper on September 01, 2013, 01:24:14 am
Good night for the wolves it sounds like! 4 players went over 100 yards rushing end Ing the night with 503 team rushing and somewhere in the 100s in passing.
Lets not start sounding airwarren --- this was expected against an inferior team.

Lionheart88

Well, they've finally done it.  ASU beat the University of Arkansas Pine Bluff. ;D

ricepig

Quote from: fastdrop on September 01, 2013, 07:14:52 am
Lets not start sounding airwarren --- this was expected against an inferior team.

I heard UAPB dressed out fewer than Hall, any truth to this?

True Believer

Red Wolves did look good against UAPB but they were just sad.  I felt sorry for them.

Just now recovering from too many ribs and too much heat at tailgate city.  Great great fan support!   

Not going to Auburn but praying that a miracle could happen. 

It would be so sweet! 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ricepig on September 01, 2013, 10:01:23 am
Quote from: fastdrop on September 01, 2013, 07:14:52 am

I heard UAPB dressed out fewer than Hall, any truth to this?

Pine Bluff paper said they dressed out 42, 12 players were declared inelgible before the game(so that puts them at 54 total), and they show 78 on their Roster on the school webpage...

The_Pioneer

fastdrop

True Believer

And for that you get a +1.   :)   Some people just don't know when to keep their mouths shut. 

Geez. 

ricepig

Quote from: fastdrop on September 02, 2013, 08:37:19 am
Similar to Samford.

Samford just beat a conference foe of yours in Ga. St, you think PB could beat one of ours?? Anyway, I'm usually a SEC homer, but I hope you score 62 on Allbarn.

True Believer

I have been told that Gus didn't even know the player's names.  This came from one of the players.

If we win, I WILL host a NEA FF get together.  I promise!!!   

Hog fans just need to let it be after last season.   I do hope they have a much better season than last year.  It was rough to watch and I'm an ASU fan.  I felt very sorry for the players. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ricepig on September 02, 2013, 10:27:19 am
Similar to Samford.

Samford just beat a conference foe of yours in Ga. St, you think PB could beat one of ours?? Anyway, I'm usually a SEC homer, but I hope you score 62 on Allbarn.

Georgia St is basically an FCS team....I Think they won 1 game last year in FCS ball. They Just had the money and the want to jump to FBS.

wildcat_x-mgr

Quote from: HF on September 02, 2013, 10:48:00 am
Similar to Samford.

Georgia St is basically an FCS team....I Think they won 1 game last year in FCS ball. They Just had the money and the want to jump to FBS.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, they've only had football for about two or three years. Western Yell Co. has had football longer than Georgia State has.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: wildcat_x-mgr on September 02, 2013, 10:58:09 am
Quote from: HF on September 02, 2013, 10:48:00 am
Similar to Samford.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, they've only had football for about two or three years. Western Yell Co. has had football longer than Georgia State has.

3 years won 6 games the first year.

True Believer

Red Wolves leaving today.  Headed to play gus.

Good luck to the RW!!   I will not be thowing a W sign because I think that is stupid but I will be throwing a sign to gus. 

Howl Yes!

Uncle Ivan

September 06, 2013, 01:36:40 pm #45 Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 01:38:38 pm by Uncle Ivan
Quote from: True Believer on September 06, 2013, 11:42:03 am
I will not be thowing a W sign because I think that is stupid but I will be throwing a sign to gus. 

Throw this one.

bleudog

Good luck to the RW!!   I will not be thowing a W sign because I think that is stupid but I will be throwing a sign to gus. 

Howl Yes!

Now when you wave at Gus, remember to use all your fingers. ;D

True Believer

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on September 06, 2013, 01:36:40 pm
I will not be thowing a W sign because I think that is stupid but I will be throwing a sign to gus. 

Throw this one.

Old people can't get their fingers to contort like that.  Like BD said above.  I can use all of my fingers or I can throw up the one.    :)     

True Believer

Quote from: bleudog on September 06, 2013, 01:40:55 pm

Howl Yes!

Now when you wave at Gus, remember to use all your fingers. ;D

I will have to work on that.   :)   

True Believer

Beat Gus...uh...... I mean Auburn!! 

stAte   Howl Yes!   :)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas