• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My 4A Top 10

Started by JoshuaRug13, November 28, 2016, 07:38:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who Should be the Highest out of These Teams?

Stuggart
8 (32%)
Dardy
2 (8%)
Gosnell
2 (8%)
Hamburg
4 (16%)
Ozark JV
9 (36%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: December 07, 2016, 02:18:23 pm

JoshuaRug13

Keep in mind that this is a band kid giving you rankings, so of course I don't know anything  ::)

I will also have a ranking before the state championship game and a final ranking at the end of the season. 

#1 Prairie Grove

PG has had a smooth ride so far through the playoffs, but Warren is going to be a totally different animal.  This game will show us if PG was either a legit team, or a pretender benefiting from an easier schedule.  History is not on the side of the Tigers, as they tend to struggle in Semis games.

#2 Warren

Unlike PG, Warren has had quite a ride to the Semifinals, capped off by a nice 35-28 win over Joe T.  Warren has been tested, but this will test them like never before.  Can Warren pull off a upset on the road?  I would not be surprised at all.  This team is good folks.

#3 Pea Ridge

Well look what we have here!  My team has had a great run so far, and it would make me swell with pride if the Blackhawks could finally crack into that State Championship game.  A rematch with Shiloh is all that stands in the way.  The Blackhawks are frankly the hottest team in the 4A right now, with wins over Arky, previous #1 Nashville and Hamburg. 

#4 Shiloh Christian

And your second hottest team in the 4A.  Mercy ruling their way into the semifinals, Shiloh looks hot right now.  But this is obv. going to be by far their toughest game in the playoffs.  Pea Ridge has already bested the Saints, and depth is a concern going into this game with Pea Ridge always trying to wear you down.  It will be much tougher in this one for the Saints.

#5 Joe T. Robinson

Tough way to end the year for the Senators.  They played their hearts out, and have nothing to be ashamed of.  Great season comes to a bitter end.

#6 Nashville

Lol remember that 26 game win streak everyone? 

#7 Hamburg

Good season for the Lions.  They caught a tough draw against Pea Ridge, but the future looks bright for Hamburg.

#8 Dardanelle

Tough ending to the season for the Sand Lizards as they ran into hot Shiloh.  A good year overall, but obv. would have loved to see them compete more against the Saints than they did...

#9 Gosnell

Hey give them some credit.  They came out of no where, not talked about or respected, and had a nice run to the Quarterfinals.  Good season if I were a Gosnell fan!

#10 Stuttgart

Honestly the 10 spot was hard for me.  I am going to give it to Stuttgart, who competed well with tough Warren in the 2nd round.

What do you guys think?  What is your Top 10 in the 4A?  Leave it down below or discuss this Top 10!

STUNNA

If warren beats PG it won't be an upset.... warren along with a bunch of people across the state predicted warren to make it to state. State or bust in warren Arkansas!

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: STUNNA on November 28, 2016, 07:57:11 pm
If warren beats PG it won't be an upset.... warren along with a bunch of people across the state predicted warren to make it to state. State or bust in warren Arkansas!

Yeah...it would only be a slight upset honestly.  Both teams are even matched, but PG is the slight favorite so that would make it a slight "upset" if Warren were to win (but again hardly an upset...lol)

Scrapper Faithful

November 28, 2016, 08:13:54 pm #3 Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 08:15:43 pm by Scrapper Faithful
When Nashville lost to Pea Ridge I wished each player and fan that I saw after the game good luck going forward. My son is a senior and the hurt was real, but even with the loss, I was excited for Pea Ridge. They wanted it and they deserved it . Beat us on every level. In your top 10 you said something positive about every team except Nashville. I'm just curious as to why?

I don't get on here and brag and bash, some do, but most of us don't, but you have to admit our program deserves some respect. Has Pea Ridge ever had a 26 game winning streak? Of course we were proud of it. Who wouldn't be?

dukes424

Quote from: Scrapper Faithful on November 28, 2016, 08:13:54 pm
When Nashville lost to Pea Ridge I wished each player and fan that I saw after the game good luck going forward. My son is a senior and the hurt was real, but even with the loss, I was excited for Pea Ridge. They wanted it and they deserved it . Beat us on every level. In your top 10 you said something positive about every team except Nashville. I'm just curious as to why?

I don't get on here and brag and bash, some do, but most of us don't, but you have to admit our program deserves some respect. Has Pea Ridge ever had a 26 game winning streak? Of course we were proud of it. Who wouldn't be?
Its just the nature of the beast. Nashville had a great team and great run. I really look forward to following some of their players. Nashville seemed to have a few select posters that created the beast that thought they were unbeatable and talked a lot of smack. You scrapper faithful are genuine. Don't worry the Scraps will be back sometimes it just takes a reminder to bring you back to reality that anyone can be beat on any given day.

JoshuaRug13

Because the majority of you fan base has trash talked and ridiculed other teams on this blog for too long.  It's time for a few jab backs here and there...I appreciate at least one reasonable Scrapper fan on here.  However I had to post something negative for Nashville as far as the majority of the FF Scrapper fans on here...for example the Nashville State Championship ring thread is disrespectful to all of us other schools and it was sweet to see that karma...

But yes Nashville should get some respect for the great winning streak. 

~WPS~

Quote from: JoshuaRug13 on November 28, 2016, 08:32:05 pm
Because the majority of you fan base has trash talked and ridiculed other teams on this blog for too long.  It's time for a few jab backs here and there...I appreciate at least one reasonable Scrapper fan on here.  However I had to post something negative for Nashville as far as the majority of the FF Scrapper fans on here...for example the Nashville State Championship ring thread is disrespectful to all of us other schools and it was sweet to see that karma...

But yes Nashville should get some respect for the great winning streak. 
Something you don't realize is the posters that were saying all of those things say them just to rile up people like you. They don't care about this "backlash". The majority of us in Nashville have realistic expectations and outlook every year. Plus, just because you post something on FF doesn't mean you believe it.

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: ~WPS~ on November 28, 2016, 08:46:57 pm
Something you don't realize is the posters that were saying all of those things say them just to rile up people like you. They don't care about this "backlash". The majority of us in Nashville have realistic expectations and outlook every year. Plus, just because you post something on FF doesn't mean you believe it.

Hmm guess you are right...

Other than that once PR loses either this game or state (or wins state)...I am heading straight to the basketball blog :)...can't wait for b-ball in the ridge!

scrapman

There are always some people who talk smack for every school.  Some people take it personal and think that some comments are people talking trash when they may me actual facts being stated. You can't get your feelings hurt when the facts are what they are. Yes nashville had the longest winning streak in the state. Yes they averaged as many points as anyone has in the state. These are facts and not simply trash talk. To dismiss it is ridiculous.  Yes we also got beat and we will own that as well. Respect is earned and the right to talk a little has been earned as well. Obviously we are out and congrats to the 4 teams still playing. 

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: scrapman on November 28, 2016, 08:49:59 pm
There are always some people who talk smack for every school.  Some people take it personal and think that some comments are people talking trash when they may me actual facts being stated. You can't get your feelings hurt when the facts are what they are. Yes nashville had the longest winning streak in the state. Yes they averaged as many points as anyone has in the state. These are facts and not simply trash talk. To dismiss it is ridiculous.  Yes we also got beat and we will own that as well. Respect is earned and the right to talk a little has been earned as well. Obviously we are out and congrats to the 4 teams still playing.

Well also while speaking of facts there were also weakness that Nashville had like a terrible defense that finally got exposed.  But I see what you are saying.  However some of the threads like the Nashville State Championship Ring one?  LOL...that is not facts.  That is trying to rile up people and get people all fired up.  So I see where you are coming from...

dukes424

Quote from: ~WPS~ on November 28, 2016, 08:46:57 pm
Great point WPS. But you have to admit even you were looking ahead. Every year is a new year different chemistry different team and different talent. Heck my Packers are even struggling this year. Arron Rodgers can't do everything! We need Lacey back.

~WPS~

Quote from: JoshuaRug13 on November 28, 2016, 08:52:38 pm
Well also while speaking of facts there were also weakness that Nashville had like a terrible defense that finally got exposed.  But I see what you are saying.  However some of the threads like the Nashville State Championship Ring one?  LOL...that is not facts.  That is trying to rile up people and get people all fired up.  So I see where you are coming from...
Imagine how boring this place would be without Nashville posters. 8)

JoshuaRug13

Mostly, wasn't intending to make fun or Nashville or anything lol.  Was just poking a little bit of fun, but I don't personally have anything against Nashville.  Heck I think PR got them on a bad day, and that is bad if that happens in the playoffs no matter how good you are.  Nashville will be back for vengeance next year I think...so that is why I think PR needs to take advantage of this and make state this year LOL!

~WPS~

Quote from: dukes424 on November 28, 2016, 08:57:14 pm
Great point WPS. But you have to admit even you were looking ahead. Every year is a new year different chemistry different team and different talent. Heck my Packers are even struggling this year. Arron Rodgers can't do everything! We need Lacey back.
Of course I was looking ahead. As a fan that's what I always do. I look forward to the hope or opportunity of going to LR every year. Obviously it isn't going to happen every year but it's fun to think about and look forward to. However, nowhere will you find a post of mine claiming that we would win state or cruise through the playoffs.

~WPS~

Quote from: JoshuaRug13 on November 28, 2016, 08:57:47 pm
Mostly, wasn't intending to make fun or Nashville or anything lol.  Was just poking a little bit of fun, but I don't personally have anything against Nashville.  Heck I think PR got them on a bad day, and that is bad if that happens in the playoffs no matter how good you are.  Nashville will be back for vengeance next year I think...so that is why I think PR needs to take advantage of this and make state this year LOL!
Our defense struggled at times this year but I don't think anyone expected PR to play as well on offense as they did. PR played about as close to a perfect game as you can get. Nashville didn't play well on both sides of the ball. I don't know what else to attribute that to other than not focused and played a better team that night.

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: ~WPS~ on November 28, 2016, 09:05:57 pm
Our defense struggled at times this year but I don't think anyone expected PR to play as well on offense as they did. PR played about as close to a perfect game as you can get. Nashville didn't play well on both sides of the ball. I don't know what else to attribute that to other than not focused and played a better team that night.

Pea Ridge looked much more prepared for the game than Nashville.  Pea Ridge played like a team with nothing to lose and everything to gain while Nashville sleep walked to their doom.  They never woke up...Hopkins was going to have his day, but PR held him just enough to keep him from scoring 8 TDs like he did against that one Oklahoma school.  I knew that PR was going to have to at least slow him down, and they did so at least enough.  I also knew PR would have to force turnovers and take advantage of every Nashville mistake.  They did exactly that and that is why they won...

dukes424

Quote from: ~WPS~ on November 28, 2016, 09:05:57 pm
I don't think Nashville anticipated the Pea Ridge outside speed until it was to late even with Hopkins and Adcock playing D

cuckoobird

These Nashville posters on here crying over a 26 game win streak is hilarious!! I guess they really are at the vigil talking out their emotions in their safe space...

scrapman

Quote from: cuckoobird on November 28, 2016, 09:17:46 pm
These Nashville posters on here crying over a 26 game win streak is hilarious!! I guess they really are at the vigil talking out their emotions in their safe space...
Nobody is crying...but guess what, if you guys have a winning season next year that will make 2 in a row and that is considered a streak.

prHOG13

Congrats to your son on a great career.

The banter on here is really only intended for the more outspoken Nashville fans who trashed PR last year after the Scrappers beat the Blackhawks. It's just message board trash talk.

cuckoobird

They can dish it but sure can't take it. Just like a certain political party...

prHOG13

Quote from: cuckoobird on November 29, 2016, 07:28:38 am
They get even by giving a slap to each post. It's quite sad how sensitive they are

cuckoobird

I don't even pay attention to their lil slaps. Like a bunch of girls

scrapman

Quote from: cuckoobird on November 29, 2016, 08:01:28 am
I don't even pay attention to their lil slaps. Like a bunch of girls
Very evident from your reply to every one of them.

cuckoobird

You apparently are lost in this conversation. I can explain it to you but can't understand it for you

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: cuckoobird on November 29, 2016, 07:28:38 am
that's for sure

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: prHOG13 on November 29, 2016, 07:46:02 am
They get even by giving a slap to each post. It's quite sad how sensitive they are

LOL to this comment  :D

Youknowwhothisis

i would put Stuttgart at seven, and slide the rest down one

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: Youknowwhothisis on November 29, 2016, 01:11:12 pm
i would put Stuttgart at seven, and slide the rest down one

A little bit to high I think if I would put Stuttgart somewhere.  Those other teams ahead deserved that spot by making it a little farther (besides Nashville...however they were the former #1 and I still think if they played they way they had all year, they would be in the Semis right now...)

If I would have moved them up, it would be to #9 or maybe #8...but I decided not to...

Youknowwhothisis

Stuttgart would beat up on Gosnell and Dardy and I think it would be a good one against Hamburg, but Stuttgart is the better, they lost to warren 24-14, the Hamburg/warren game was along the lines 0f 61-24 (i think) Hamburg made it to where they were because of playing Highland and Gravette, not because they were better than Stuttgart, although Hamburg is a good team, not bashing them just being nice to Stuttgart

HBG PRIDE

Comparing scores is crap...Hamburg could play with any of the top 4 teams. If they would have ever gotten consistent they would still be playing. Pea Ridge was a good team, but very beatable for Hamburg. To many mistakes made at P.Ridge. If you look,  Hamburg led in time of possession and in 1st downs,  but couldn't get in the end zone. BTW Hamburg would man handle Stuttgart.

cuckoobird

November 30, 2016, 06:54:06 am #31 Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 06:56:06 am by cuckoobird
Time of possession is the most useless stat ever in the history of football. It means absolutely nothing. You guys were like the 🚽s, you don't have a defense and that was proven all year, even by a 2a school

HBG PRIDE

November 30, 2016, 07:32:40 am #32 Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 07:43:49 am by HBG PRIDE
Quote from: cuckoobird on November 30, 2016, 06:54:06 am
Time of possession is the most useless stat ever in the history of football. It means absolutely nothing. You guys were like the 🚽s, you don't have a defense and that was proven all year, even by a 2a school
AND Stuttgart did what???....you are biggest mouth on fearless....Yal are plenty close to England, why don't Yal play them. They would embarrass the birds...Yal couldn't beat Dumas....barely beat Monticello...YOU ARE A JOKE...Our defense won us more games than the offense.

cuckoobird

November 30, 2016, 07:42:56 am #33 Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 07:50:07 am by cuckoobird
I just speak the truth and small minds like yours can't handle it. Heck, we played Warren twice and they didn't score 61 points with both games added together

Ole Legend

Quote from: HBG PRIDE on November 30, 2016, 12:38:28 am
Comparing scores is crap...Hamburg could play with any of the top 4 teams. If they would have ever gotten consistent they would still be playing. Pea Ridge was a good team, but very beatable for Hamburg. To many mistakes made at P.Ridge. If you look,  Hamburg led in time of possession and in 1st downs,  but couldn't get in the end zone. BTW Hamburg would man handle Stuttgart.
Hamburg would have to play mistake free, and Pea Ridge would have to have an off night for Hamburg to win. The only reason you led in TOP is bc we had a punt return for a TD and we scored quick.

HBG PRIDE

Quote from: cuckoobird on November 30, 2016, 07:42:56 am
I just speak the truth and small minds like yours can't handle it. Heck, we played worn twice and they didn't score 61 points with both games added together
Egotistical and ignorant

cuckoobird

61>21+24. Absurdity runs rampant in your area of the state

HBG PRIDE

Quote from: Ole Legend on November 30, 2016, 07:48:07 am
Hamburg would have to play mistake free, and Pea Ridge would have to have an off night for Hamburg to win. The only reason you led in TOP is bc we had a punt return for a TD and we scored quick.
Don't kid yourself. Yal could have easily lost that game...Yal are lucky that we spotted yal 13 pts. Our special teams didn't make mistakes like that all year. Different kids playing special teams?? and our best player didn't play both ways?

HBG PRIDE

Quote from: cuckoobird on November 30, 2016, 07:52:15 am
61>21+24. Absurdity runs rampant in your area of the state
Hamburg nearly mercy ruled Billies and Yal wer lucky to beat them at all..Our game with Warren was a 10 pts. game in 3rd qt. unbelievable officiating and a pick six called back with 30yds of penalties tacked on..almost as bad as a star city home game. That is why that score was whopp sided.

Ole Legend

Quote from: HBG PRIDE on November 30, 2016, 07:55:07 am
Don't kid yourself. Yal could have easily lost that game...Yal are lucky that we spotted yal 13 pts. Our special teams didn't make mistakes like that all year. Different kids playing special teams?? and our best player didn't play both ways?
You didn't spot us 13. We made big plays happen. The punt return he broke two tackles, and spun around one of your kids. Then it was a foot race and he won.

HBG PRIDE

Quote from: Ole Legend on November 30, 2016, 08:05:58 am
You didn't spot us 13. We made big plays happen. The punt return he broke two tackles, and spun around one of your kids. Then it was a foot race and he won.
I'm not saying that Yal are not a good team, but we spotted yal 13pts. Punt return for t.down and a k.o.return to the 5 or six yd.line that led to a t.d. ...that special team play is not normal for us.

Ole Legend

Quote from: HBG PRIDE on November 30, 2016, 08:09:40 am
I'm not saying that Yal are not a good team, but we spotted yal 13pts. Punt return for t.down and a k.o.return to the 5 or six yd.line that led to a t.d. ...that special team play is not normal for us.
Pea Ridge was/is the better team.

HBG PRIDE

Quote from: Ole Legend on November 30, 2016, 08:11:40 am
Pea Ridge was/is the better team.
Best team does not always win. Your opinion vs. Mine....Good luck to Yal. I think Yal will definitely play at W.M

SUGARTOWN

Comparing scores is crap...

Quote from: HBG PRIDE on November 30, 2016, 08:00:24 am
Hamburg nearly mercy ruled Billies and Yal wer lucky to beat them at all.

I'll just leave this here.

bigchief72455

You did and you lost.

prHOG13

lol that game was never in doubt. Whatever makes you feel better though

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: HBG PRIDE on November 30, 2016, 08:13:43 am
Best team does not always win. Your opinion vs. Mine....Good luck to Yal. I think Yal will definitely play at W.M

You are foolish and it almost makes me want to move Hamburg to 10th just to see your reaction  :D

cuckoobird

I'm going to start a new thread for all these excuses

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: cuckoobird on November 30, 2016, 09:10:16 am
I'm going to start a new thread for all these excuses

Hamburg is just gonna Hamburg I guess.  They were lucky we put in a few backups at the end to let them score that last touchdown to make the score look closer LOL!

cuckoobird

November 30, 2016, 09:27:48 am #49 Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 09:29:22 am by cuckoobird
Watch this HBGpride, warren was the better team in week 2 and week 12, that's why they scored enough points to beat the ricebirds on both occasions. See, it's not that hard to give the other team credit and move on unless you're one of those people still crying and complaining about the election and for some reason I believe you are

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas