• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PA vs Blytheville

Started by Chief-Chickasaw, November 08, 2014, 08:08:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Missco

Blytheville will drop down but the reason is because of the Kipp school adding grades. The same thing has happened at Helena. The Kipp school down there will eventually be 3A.  The same thing will happen here. Kipp Blytheville is also starting football. So basically this area will have 4 high schools instead of 3. Blytheville will for sure be 4G not the next cycle but in 2018. North Mississippi county is really stable as far as population loss compared to the south end. Armorel. will eventually be 2A.

football nut

Shout-Out to all the Blytheville FF posters. You guys are a class act and have not resorted to useless bashing and trash talking. Great reflection on your team, school and community.
Keep building a great program with great coaches and administrators.
PA looks forward to having you guys "in the house"!
Hope you have safe travels and stay warm.

Intelligentsia

Bright spot for the Chick fans - you should be able to fill at least half the visitors stands at P.A.!!  In fact, if I recall that your bringing a pep bus, it may be standing room only unless P.A. has added space since 2012:)

Go Postal

November 13, 2014, 11:46:13 pm #53 Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 11:48:45 pm by Go Postal
Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 13, 2014, 09:37:30 pm
Bright spot for the Chick fans - you should be able to fill at least half the visitors stands at P.A.!!  In fact, if I recall that your bringing a pep bus, it may be standing room only unless P.A. has added space since 2012:)
I had to see on google maps (satellite) to see what you meant.  The visitor side looks like maybe two-thirds the size of the home side.  Not a bad looking football stadium though.

I don't know if you have had a chance to come to Harrison's football/soccer/track stadium with a 50 yard indoor practice facility, but our visitor side still is a little shy on seats.  A work still in progress.  Or as Steve Perry from Alma once mentioned, "A 8.6+ million dollar stadium, but only spent $800 on the visitor's section".  LOL.  But seriously, he knows after I told him that we are still trying to upgrade that with private funds, not school funds, like we did with private funds with the total cost of our dream.  I believe that we still owe on our original $8.6+ million note is around $80,000.   Then we can add 500 more visitor seats, a visitor's concession stand/restrooms and a more private visitor's locker room.  Probably another $200,000.  Like I said earlier, a work in progress.  Any more private donors out there?  LOL!
Anyway, PA's facility looks very nice.  Now if we could find a way to upgrade Maumelle's field would be a plus. ;D

nudae58

Blytheville is trying to build a program and regardless of the outcome, this is a big step. Blytheville doesn't travel real well, especially in the cold, but I hear the band is coming. Most of us are realistic, but it doesn't hurt to be hopeful that we can at least provide a test. Looking forward to the game and  lot of points.

Intelligentsia

I was just taking a little shot at P.A.:). They have the smallest visitor seating section I've seen in 5A and I don't recall smaller in the 2-A schools I've visited.   The Harrison visitors stands, as I recall, may seat twice as many as P.A.  The P.A. home side is small and the visitors side is TINY.  Honestly (and I brought this up in 2012), there should be some minimum seating requirement to host a playoff game.  If the home team can't meet the requirements, the game should be played at a neutral site or on the opponent  field.  When we played at P.A. in 2012, we filled up the visitors stands, squeezed our fans in their home side, and had fans standing (or seated in lawn chairs) 2-3 deep around 1/4 of the field we could access.  To walk to the visitors stands we had to walk on the field in front of our standing room only fans!!

Lanny

Thinking about attending this game..............

MDXPHD

Quote from: Lanny on November 14, 2014, 07:38:42 am

You should go watch Maumelle play instead.  It will be a good game.

pantherblue

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 14, 2014, 07:40:38 am

You should go watch Maumelle play instead.  It will be a good game.

The only way he will see Maumelle is if they play PA.... 

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 14, 2014, 07:11:44 am
I was just taking a little shot at P.A.:). They have the smallest visitor seating section I've seen in 5A and I don't recall smaller in the 2-A schools I've visited.   The Harrison visitors stands, as I recall, may seat twice as many as P.A.  The P.A. home side is small and the visitors side is TINY.  Honestly (and I brought this up in 2012), there should be some minimum seating requirement to host a playoff game.  If the home team can't meet the requirements, the game should be played at a neutral site or on the opponent  field.  When we played at P.A. in 2012, we filled up the visitors stands, squeezed our fans in their home side, and had fans standing (or seated in lawn chairs) 2-3 deep around 1/4 of the field we could access.  To walk to the visitors stands we had to walk on the field in front of our standing room only fans!!

The AAA does set minimum seating requirements for each classification, but it is based only total capacity.  And if memory serves me correctly 5A is only 2500

Silver88

Quote from: 27 Trap on November 10, 2014, 07:43:08 pm
Quote from: PA Pressbox on November 10, 2014, 11:53:07 am
On no.  Sorry for the confusion.  I was talking to Coach Don Campbell, aka "27 Trap".

Listen to you'll last Friday night, the PA offense seems to going great, not surprising as Coach Kelly does a  super job, they can score some points....Would love to come to the semi-finals as PA and Batesville could met again, know a few years back you'll said I was welcome in the Press Box, those cold nights are hard on me after taking some of the chemo drugs for my cancer.....I am having surgery next Monday 17th at UAMS to remove a couple of spots on my lungs, my Doctor feels good about everything and I will be in hospital for four to six days, hoping to make it back in time to see the finals in LR...
Always in my prayers coach. It was a pleasure to get to play for you. I quote you often to my son who is now starting at CB in the 5A east. Glad he got to meet you some months back at the Corning reunion. Dont think he thought all those stories I told him were true about football at Corning unitl he got to hear them from other people besides myself. Thanks for the memories and hope you all the best.

FD4

On paper, PA is clearly the superior team in this game.  But, if Blytheville will do this.....On the very first play of the game, kick off or first play from scrimmage, simply line up, bow up, man up, and knock some of gold off those helmets, put some players on their back and tell em about it, then swag back, knock the dust of that QB and tell him about it, and you'll see a different game.  You have to play like a kamikaze on every down.  Blow some guys up.  PA has not been hit in mouth in so long they have forgotten what its like.  Line up and play delta smash mouth football.

wynnefootballfan

Quote from: FD4 on November 14, 2014, 11:25:55 am
On paper, PA is clearly the superior team in this game.  But, if Blytheville will do this.....On the very first play of the game, kick off or first play from scrimmage, simply line up, bow up, man up, and knock some of gold off those helmets, put some players on their back and tell em about it, then swag back, knock the dust of that QB and tell him about it, and you'll see a different game.  You have to play like a kamikaze on every down.  Blow some guys up.  PA has not been hit in mouth in so long they have forgotten what its like.  Line up and play delta smash mouth football.

Exactly right.. Thats how Batesville beat'em. It doesnt matter if your recievers run a 4.4 40, if you dont let them run they cant out run you. If they get hit so hard so often they'er lookin for DB's instead of the ball thay are useless.

NEAfootball

Good luck with that! PA does a great job protecting the QB he maybe the only guy in the stadium Friday night with a clean jersey after the game. I hope I'm wrong but This is gonna be like playing Wynne or Batesville for Blytheville neither of which went very well.

MikeDieselâ„¢

Missco,

I'd be very surprised if Blytheville drops down unless they adjust the classifications again.  Looking at the numbers, Blytheville isn't dropping that fast where the "losses" to KIPP will lower our average by more than 200 students.  I can't see it happening in either of the next two cycles.

#1jacketfan

Quote from: NEAfootball on November 14, 2014, 12:35:36 pm

Good luck with that! PA does a great job protecting the QB he maybe the only guy in the stadium Friday night with a clean jersey after the game. I hope I'm wrong but This is gonna be like playing Wynne or Batesville for Blytheville neither of which went very well.
Let me just say I was shocked that Blytheville beat FC....FC has got some athlete's..just not coached very well! PA better look out!

Maynard G Krebs

I may attend this game.

ricepig

Quote from: nudae58 on November 14, 2014, 06:40:55 am
Blytheville is trying to build a program and regardless of the outcome, this is a big step. Blytheville doesn't travel real well, especially in the cold, but I hear the band is coming. Most of us are realistic, but it doesn't hurt to be hopeful that we can at least provide a test. Looking forward to the game and  lot of points.

Ok, I was wondering when I saw a couple of Blytheville buses going down Highland(18) in Jonesboro around 2:00ish. I thought that would be pushing the football team with traffic to get to PA, in traffic and wanting to stretch their legs.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: ricepig on November 14, 2014, 05:34:49 pm
Quote from: nudae58 on November 14, 2014, 06:40:55 am

Ok, I was wondering when I saw a couple of Blytheville buses going down Highland(18) in Jonesboro around 2:00ish. I thought that would be pushing the football team with traffic to get to PA, in traffic and wanting to stretch their legs.

I hope they allowed for the LR traffic.  It is terribly congested, especially by early Friday afternoons.  One good thing is that they will be going against the after-work traffic. 

Maynard G Krebs

Congrats to Bruins.  The Chicks looked sharp early and have some good players.  A good, clean game tonite

Chief-Chickasaw

Very proud of the Chicks tonight. PA has scored 50 on everyone we held them to under 50. PA has beat everyone by at least 35 only beat the Chicks by 28.
   We are a long way from where we started last year 1-9 this year 6-5 with 3 losses to #1 teams PA, WYNNE, BATESVILLE.  Happy with this season and proud of the boys.
   Hats off to PA they were way faster then they looked on film. They are #1 for a reason. I want to see them play Wynne or Batesville those games will be a toss up.
   About the game tonight Blytheville shot themselves in the foot with penalties and turnovers. 2 INTs in the endzone and 2 fumbles inside the 20. We could've made it a closer game but that is what PA pressure does to you. PA's line is awesome we only touched the QB like 3 times all night. Good luck PA with the rest of the playoffs

Freight Train

Quote from: Chief-Chickasaw on November 14, 2014, 10:19:28 pm
   Very proud of the Chicks tonight. PA has scored 50 on everyone we held them to under 50. PA has beat everyone by at least 35 only beat the Chicks by 28.
   We are a long way from where we started last year 1-9 this year 6-5 with 3 losses to #1 teams PA, WYNNE, BATESVILLE.  Happy with this season and proud of the boys.
   Hats off to PA they were way faster then they looked on film. They are #1 for a reason. I want to see them play Wynne or Batesville those games will be a toss up.
   About the game tonight Blytheville shot themselves in the foot with penalties and turnovers. 2 INTs in the endzone and 2 fumbles inside the 20. We could've made it a closer game but that is what PA pressure does to you. PA's line is awesome we only touched the QB like 3 times all night. Good luck PA with the rest of the playoffs

PA could have but 60-70 points on the Chicks. We pulled our starters at the start of the third quarter and played our 10th graders and 9th graders the rest of the game. Chicks are a good team and  I wish them much success next year but don't let the score give any indication about the game.

Complete Biased PoV

Freight Train is right, don't get too caught up in the score. The last 2 TDs were on a mix of 9th and 10th graders vs the chicks' 1st team O.  I do give them credit, I think that program is on the rise with their new coaching staff.  And after tonight I am pretty sure the "brawl" with Paragould was most definitely started by Paragould.  It was a very clean game from my perspective.

Chief-Chickasaw

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on November 14, 2014, 11:38:31 pm
Freight Train is right, don't get too caught up in the score. The last 2 TDs were on a mix of 9th and 10th graders vs the chicks' 1st team O.  I do give them credit, I think that program is on the rise with their new coaching staff.  And after tonight I am pretty sure the "brawl" with Paragould was most definitely started by Paragould.  It was a very clean game from my perspective.

I figured PA has had the mercy clock running several times this year and still managed to score more the 50 and still managed to beat those teams by 35 or more. I was mostly trying to state the Chicks never rolled over even when down big which for anyone who has watch the past few years of Blytheville football knows is a huge improvement.  I do not want to take anything away from PA they are a great team with very polite and welcoming fans (I was very impressed). I was trying to figure out where we stacked up against other teams they played considering they haven't really played a close game all year. As for the game I wanted to be competitive which I think we were. We stopped ourselves as much as PA stopped us. That is part of being a young team with not a lot of tradition as a program. You have to start somewhere.
  Also I want to know what PA fans thought of #22 S/WR Issac Kelly he is only a Jr. And I think he is a beast. I feel he has the talent to get some D-1 looks. Just wondering if he stuck out like that to yall. Also if there was anyone else that stuck out player wise I would like to know what yall think. For PA the Kelly kid was fast and shifty just a little small, #15 the RB was a player. The QB was really good but it is easy to be good when you have as long as you want to throw the ball. Your O-line put on a pass blocking clinic WOW. They were unbelievable I thought for sure we could get some pressure on the QB and we just couldnt. Again thanks for the good game and good luck with the rest of the playoffs.

nudae58

As a Blytheville fan, I know PA could have named their point total on offense if not for Coach Kelly's class act. Their scheme and ability to execute is second to none at that level. Products of the system come to mind, but not in an unflattering way. Those kids are really good at what they do and their coach knows what he is doing. Defensively, they are under a lot of strain when they don't recover those onside kicks (Blytheville was well prepared and got them all) and give up good field position. Blytheville had some good opportunities due to that, just couldn't convert them into points. If the Chicks can keep their young staff intact for a while and get their full complement of players out of the halls, they have a chance to be really good. Meanwhile, good luck to PA. It will be interesting to see how they stack up with Batesville or Wynne, should that happen. All in all, it was a good nite for both programs and that is what high school football is all about.

chaingang

Quote from: Chief-Chickasaw on November 15, 2014, 12:18:43 am
Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on November 14, 2014, 11:38:31 pm

I figured PA has had the mercy clock running several times this year and still managed to score more the 50 and still managed to beat those teams by 35 or more. I was mostly trying to state the Chicks never rolled over even when down big which for anyone who has watch the past few years of Blytheville football knows is a huge improvement.  I do not want to take anything away from PA they are a great team with very polite and welcoming fans (I was very impressed). I was trying to figure out where we stacked up against other teams they played considering they haven't really played a close game all year. As for the game I wanted to be competitive which I think we were. We stopped ourselves as much as PA stopped us. That is part of being a young team with not a lot of tradition as a program. You have to start somewhere.
  Also I want to know what PA fans thought of #22 S/WR Issac Kelly he is only a Jr. And I think he is a beast. I feel he has the talent to get some D-1 looks. Just wondering if he stuck out like that to yall. Also if there was anyone else that stuck out player wise I would like to know what yall think. For PA the Kelly kid was fast and shifty just a little small, #15 the RB was a player. The QB was really good but it is easy to be good when you have as long as you want to throw the ball. Your O-line put on a pass blocking clinic WOW. They were unbelievable I thought for sure we could get some pressure on the QB and we just couldnt. Again thanks for the good game and good luck with the rest of the playoffs.
Chief, you were thinking along the same lines as I was, you have seen both Wynne and Batesville and now P.A. Please give us you honest assessment of how these 3 teams will do against each other. Chief you guys have a good head coach up there, I've known him since he was a pup, He will work from come to can't .......but more than anything else he will show your guys how to be a man and succeed in life and do the right thing.....plus he will love your kids more than than their parnets do.

Chief-Chickasaw

I still feel Wynne is the best of the bunch but between the 3 teams the margin is paper thin. Both Batesville and Wynne Defense is way better than PAs but I give the edge to PAs O. I will travel to watch any of those games. Honestly I feel which ever team shows up and limits mistakes will win between those 3. I wouldn't put money on any team to beat the other they are that close. I know that doesn't help much.

Maynard G Krebs

# 22 is a really good player for the Chicks. I enjoyed seeing the opposing team doing onside kicks and going for it on 4th and long on several plays. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas