• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PA vs Blytheville

Started by Chief-Chickasaw, November 08, 2014, 08:08:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief-Chickasaw

So is this PA team any good haven't heard much about them lol.

Overdahill

Without being politically incorrect I would recommend a rain dance :o

Rampage72501

Quote from: Overdahill on November 08, 2014, 08:33:19 pm
Without being politically incorrect I would recommend a rain dance :o

Depending on the front coming through, it may be a wintry mix dance...

chaingang

Quote from: Chief-Chickasaw on November 08, 2014, 08:08:22 pm
So is this PA team any good haven't heard much about them lol.
''They are what we thought they were''..........still sound and good.

HeberFan

Get ready for the Mercy Rule

Chief-Chickasaw

The theme of this game will be tempo. Blytheville likes to run the hurry up but I think in this game they may choose to slow it down and pound it with the stud RB DeMadre Clark.  Clark has excepted a scholarship to Henderson. I hope the cold wet weather helps us out and we get a few lucky bounces to help us out. The D has been hot and cold all year. If they play like they did last week we are tough to beat. If the linebackers put their roller skates back on PA can pick the score. Hope our boys stay hungry and are not happy just getting to the playoffs which could be the case for this young team.

27 Trap

Quote from: Chief-Chickasaw on November 09, 2014, 05:52:05 pm
The theme of this game will be tempo. Blytheville likes to run the hurry up but I think in this game they may choose to slow it down and pound it with the stud RB DeMadre Clark.  Clark has excepted a scholarship to Henderson. I hope the cold wet weather helps us out and we get a few lucky bounces to help us out. The D has been hot and cold all year. If they play like they did last week we are tough to beat. If the linebackers put their roller skates back on PA can pick the score. Hope our boys stay hungry and are not happy just getting to the playoffs which could be the case for this young team.

Best of luck to the Blytheville  Chickasaw's  and Coach Ben Fisher, he was my pulling guard in my early years at Wynne, happy and proud for his success in the coaching profession.....

nudae58

I really don't think Blytheville will try and slow the tempo. It is just not in their DNA. If they are going to lose, they might as well do what they do best. That does include getting Clark the football. But slowing it down will only help them not lose as badly and that should never be the goal. It has been a breakthrough season for the Chicks regardless of the final score against PA, so I say let's roll the dice!

walkingguy72396

One thing a team has to do is cover those kicks.  That alone will keep about 28 points off the score board.

Chief-Chickasaw

Interested in see if any of the freshmen can come up and add depth with a week of practicing with the big boys. I look for freshmen Big Larry Clark 6-4 260 lbs, Jordan Coleman 5-11 265 lbs, maybe Josh Clay 6-2 255 will come up and add some depth to both lines. I'm just want to be competitive I say we are 2 years away from being really really good.

nudae58

Blytheville has covered onside kicks really well all season. Their return team gets a lot of those opportunities because teams don't want to kick deep to them. Also, their return team is made up nearly entirely of skill players for that very reason.

HeberFan

Yeah, a game of tempo. How fast can PA score three touchdowns?  I say in the first quarter.

Grond

Go Chickasaws!

OFFENSE - I would say that Blytheville should play with whatever speed they had at Forrest City. That gave success, as opposed to the Paragould game, where the offensive timing was off. The location is good for Bly also, because "goin' south" to PA will make it a little warmer than Blytheville, and help the receivers. Make sure they bring plenty of 'swag' on the bus, just like they took to FC!

DEFENSE - Has to be a big focus on group tackling; everybody reacting to the ball to deal with a good running back. I think Blytheville has the speed to deal with most passing games. But if they struggle against the PA running game, they have to be ready to GAMBLE. Blitzes, and using D-line to take out multiple O-linemen.

Paragould used a lot of traps and double-teams on the O-line. Is this what PA uses? Did Blytheville learn from that experience?

FRESHMEN - The size sounds good, but it may be difficult for the Freshmen to adjust to the SPEED of the high school game.

And walk on that field like you are the baddest mofo's in the house, baby!

Chief-Chickasaw

Quote from: Grond on November 09, 2014, 08:43:50 pm
Go Chickasaws!

OFFENSE - I would say that Blytheville should play with whatever speed they had at Forrest City. That gave success, as opposed to the Paragould game, where the offensive timing was off. The location is good for Bly also, because "goin' south" to PA will make it a little warmer than Blytheville, and help the receivers. Make sure they bring plenty of 'swag' on the bus, just like they took to FC!

DEFENSE - Has to be a big focus on group tackling; everybody reacting to the ball to deal with a good running back. I think Blytheville has the speed to deal with most passing games. But if they struggle against the PA running game, they have to be ready to GAMBLE. Blitzes, and using D-line to take out multiple O-linemen.

Paragould used a lot of traps and double-teams on the O-line. Is this what PA uses? Did Blytheville learn from that experience?

FRESHMEN - The size sounds good, but it may be difficult for the Freshmen to adjust to the SPEED of the high school game.

And walk on that field like you are the baddest mofo's in the house, baby!
Two of the big linemen dressed last week with the Varsity and went to one team practice I think. I feel like a week with the big boys they will be able to contribute.  They won't be stars like they will be next year but they will add to the depth in the line rotation.  3rd qtr of the Forest City game our line on both sides was dog tired they really sacked it up and gutted it out.
Stupid QB runs up the middle have killed us all year. We run a 3 man front and if the linebackers don't come up and fill that play kills us. Against Paragould and Nettleton the QB killed us our linebackers wanted no part of tackling those guys.
We can go and get killed or go and compete depends on what team shows up it's been that way all year.

HeberFan

Blytheville has ZERO chance in this game. Time for Chicksaw basketball

Grond

Quote from: HeberFan on November 09, 2014, 09:34:23 pm

WHY do you think Pulaski Academy will win?  Why are they so good? The average Junior High cheerleader could make that comment.  Say something about FOOTBALL.

Intelligentsia

Recover all onside kicks, stop them in 4th down plays and pressure the QB.  Do those things and get a few bounces and a couple close calls and the Chicks may keep it close.  Don't do all three and P A. will could win big.

justalionfan

Maybe yall can start a fight with them and get players ejected. That way the team in the second round might have s chance to beat them

Hoghead

Blytheville will get 50 hung on them ! Who's next for No Punt Tech ?

HeberFan

PA has great offensive line, passer and receivers. Mercy Rule time

Maynard G Krebs

I keep thinking these two schools met in early round playoffs a few years back, but I cannot find any record of such a game.  Anybody know?

PA should win this early round matchup.  Really don't know what to expect from B'ville, other than what's been stated on this thread.  When PA gets in its groove, they are hard to stop and they should be healthy this week.

Another question:  Are all freshmen in Chickasaw land that big??  Impressive sizes for freshmen!

MDXPHD

November 10, 2014, 08:24:34 am #21 Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 08:26:31 am by MDXPHD
Quote from: Grond on November 09, 2014, 10:09:56 pm
Quote from: HeberFan on November 09, 2014, 09:34:23 pm

WHY do you think Pulaski Academy will win?  Why are they so good? The average Junior High cheerleader could make that comment.  Say something about FOOTBALL.

His football intelligence is on par with the average JH Cheerleader.  Just ignore him and he fades away.

Grond

Heard that the PA QB has committed to Tulsa.  Is this correct?

MDXPHD

Quote from: Grond on November 10, 2014, 08:31:47 am
Heard that the PA QB has committed to Tulsa.  Is this correct?

Yes, he committed this summer I think.

Chief-Chickasaw

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 10, 2014, 07:51:25 am
I keep thinking these two schools met in early round playoffs a few years back, but I cannot find any record of such a game.  Anybody know?

PA should win this early round matchup.  Really don't know what to expect from B'ville, other than what's been stated on this thread.  When PA gets in its groove, they are hard to stop and they should be healthy this week.

Another question:  Are all freshmen in Chickasaw land that big??  Impressive sizes for freshmen!

We have been really undersized with the last few classes. The 8th and 9th grade has some really big kids. The 9th grade has like 7 kids that are at least 5-11 250lbs. 8th grade has 3 right now. That is why I say we are 2 years away from being really good. When you put these big boys in front of our athletes we will be hard to stop. Also in two years if our enrollment doesn't change we will be in the 4A. 9th grade class has like 150 kids in it.

PA Pressbox

Quote from: 27 Trap on November 09, 2014, 06:47:59 pm

Best of luck to the Blytheville  Chickasaw's  and Coach Ben Fisher, he was my pulling guard in my early years at Wynne, happy and proud for his success in the coaching profession.....

Good to see you on here Coach.  Hope you are doing well these days.

Chief-Chickasaw

November 10, 2014, 11:14:45 am #26 Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 11:18:45 am by Chief-Chickasaw
 :) sorry misspelled some words stupid auto correct reposted what I wanted to say

Chief-Chickasaw

Quote from: PA Pressbox on November 10, 2014, 11:02:33 am
Quote from: 27 Trap on November 09, 2014, 06:47:59 pm

Good to see you on here Coach.  Hope you are doing well these days.

Were you saying I'm Coach Fisher? Sorry I'm not I'm just a fan of the Chicks and trying to figure out ways for our team to win such a tough game. This will be our 3rd #1 team we've played this year in the 5A. I'm not going into this game with high expectations I just want to be competitive for at least a half. PA will be the best Offense we have played all year. With that said I think our skill guys can match up and Safety Issac Kelly could have another big game. I think our O will score points. I just don't feel we are there yet program wise to be able to pull this one off. I'm sticking with 2 years away from being really good.

PA Pressbox

On no.  Sorry for the confusion.  I was talking to Coach Don Campbell, aka "27 Trap".

Chief-Chickasaw

Quote from: PA Pressbox on November 10, 2014, 11:53:07 am
On no.  Sorry for the confusion.  I was talking to Coach Don Campbell, aka "27 Trap".

Cool.just checking I get a little mouthy on here and I would hate for Coach Fisher to get the credit for that lol.

PA Pressbox

Quote from: HeberFan on November 09, 2014, 08:19:13 pm
Yeah, a game of tempo. How fast can PA score three touchdowns?  I say in the first quarter.

At the risk of sounding cocky (and I promise you I'm not trying to), this clip from Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel should answer your question.
PA vs Cabot Onside Kicks (Sept 9, 2011)

And yes, the QB throwing that amazing pass is ASU's current QB, Freddi Knighten.

nudae58

Quote from: HeberFan on November 09, 2014, 01:21:43 pm
Get ready for the Mercy Rule
Troll much? Haven't seen one post from you that was anything but nonsensical. It's alright to comment, but at least provide a little substance.

HeberFan

Substance -- PA has an offensive line that gives the quarterback tons of time to throw. PA has receivers that have more speed than Blytheville has seen all season. It will be like shooting fish in a barrel. Blytheville will not stop PA's starting offense a single time. Expect obliteration.

nudae58

There you go... that wasn't too hard. No one from Blytheville has said much about beating PA. Getting here has been a big accomplishment for a team picked last in the conference and coming off a 1-9 season. But unless you have seen Blytheville in person, it is hard for me to believe how you can make comments about  the speed factor, etc. Is PA more fundamentally sound? Probably. They have had many years under the same coaching staff, while the Chicks are six months into a new regime. Blytheville may be young, undersized, etc., but they are not lacking in speed at all. They have at least six skill players who can run with PA's skill guys (and I have seen both teams play). That doesn't mean PA won't torch them with scheme, etc. I don't know what your dog in the fight is, but I'd love to see Heber come to Blytheville for a game.  ;D

HeberFan

Heber vs. Blytheville would be a good game... they both have great fans that support their team. Blytheville can have a good game Friday if they SELL OUT and rush the passer like crazy. If that means gambling with a thin secondary, so be it. Playing a standard set won't work. Creativity can help.

Chief-Chickasaw

Quote from: HeberFan on November 10, 2014, 06:33:17 pm
Heber vs. Blytheville would be a good game... they both have great fans that support their team. Blytheville can have a good game Friday if they SELL OUT and rush the passer like crazy. If that means gambling with a thin secondary, so be it. Playing a standard set won't work. Creativity can help.
Man you haven't seen a Blytheville game I love our school and our team but our fans suck. PA will have more cheerleaders at the game then Blytheville brings fans. Blytheville is bringing the band and cheerleaders just so we have people in the stands. Our fans are the one thing I hate about Blytheville. 
Beyond that I feel like we have plenty of speed. I think where we will surprise PA is the speed on both lines. It will be PA's strength vs Blytheville speed on the line. We ate Forest City's lunch last week on the line rotating like 8 kids to stay fresh. I think PA is gonna score on some long plays because our DBs can get lost in coverage but it won't be a lack of speed just they are all young. We play like 5 seniors on O and 2 or 3 on D. We're a young team.
I will keep saying this because I believe it to be true no one is gonna want to play us in two years. Next year we will be tough 2 years just plain scary.

27 Trap

Listen to you'll last Friday night, the PA offense seems to going great, not surprising as Coach Kelly does a  super job, they can score some points....Would love to come to the semi-finals as PA and Batesville could met again, know a few years back you'll said I was welcome in the Press Box, those cold nights are hard on me after taking some of the chemo drugs for my cancer.....I am having surgery next Monday 17th at UAMS to remove a couple of spots on my lungs, my Doctor feels good about everything and I will be in hospital for four to six days, hoping to make it back in time to see the finals in LR...

football nut

Quote from: 27 Trap on November 10, 2014, 07:43:08 pm

Listen to you'll last Friday night, the PA offense seems to going great, not surprising as Coach Kelly does a  super job, they can score some points....Would love to come to the semi-finals as PA and Batesville could met again, know a few years back you'll said I was welcome in the Press Box, those cold nights are hard on me after taking some of the chemo drugs for my cancer.....I am having surgery next Monday 17th at UAMS to remove a couple of spots on my lungs, my Doctor feels good about everything and I will be in hospital for four to six days, hoping to make it back in time to see the finals in LR...
Prayers for a speedy recovery and a good report after surgery!!!

Maynard G Krebs

Our prayers and thoughts are with you.

SHHS Soccer

PA can be beat, but to do it their opponent has to play a flawless 48 minutes.  Sylvan Hills played the first quarter toe-to-toe, drive for drive, then threw an interception in the end zone on a 2nd and goal from the 3, and the rout was on.  From that point on PA kept on clicking and SH would mount a good drive then stall.  I urge the Blytheville coaching staff to put two defensive backs deep (25 or so yards off the line) on defense.  DO NOT let the PA receivers get behind you, because their QB will make you pay. Almost a "tackle the receiver even if he doesn't have the ball" mentality.  A 15 yard penalty is much better than an 80 yard touchdown.   Their receivers are fast and have great hands, the QB is mobile and accurate, and they also occasionally run the ball, but that's not where the real threat is at.

Hoghead

PA will put Texas Chainsaw Massacre beatdown on the Chicks ! Its going to get uglier than a bucktoothed girl eating corn through a barbwired fence Friday !

PA Pressbox

Coach, you have an open invitation, and seat, in our press box any time you wish.  We do have heat and A/C, so it will be nice and toasty.  Only down side is you'll have to walk up one flight of spiral stairs.  It would be an honor to have a true Arkansas football legend in our midst.  One warning though:  Lanny Beavers would probably insist that you be his halftime guest.  (Or, if he didn't, he's not as smart as I think he is.)

Lastly, we will certainly be keeping you in our prayers.  You are in good hands at UAMS.

Blazer51

Prayers for your surgery and speedy recovery!

hogman

The key to a Blytheville Win.
They have to score more points that PA!

GHS_08

Quote from: Chief-Chickasaw on November 10, 2014, 09:05:44 am

We have been really undersized with the last few classes. The 8th and 9th grade has some really big kids. The 9th grade has like 7 kids that are at least 5-11 250lbs. 8th grade has 3 right now. That is why I say we are 2 years away from being really good. When you put these big boys in front of our athletes we will be hard to stop. Also in two years if our enrollment doesn't change we will be in the 4A. 9th grade class has like 150 kids in it.

I doubt that will happen any time soon. Blytheville has almost 200 more students than the largest 4a school. But with the way people are leaving blytheville, you never know.

Go Postal

November 12, 2014, 11:05:02 pm #45 Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 11:09:00 pm by Go Postal
The South (CF) and the West (GOBS) are hoping for a Blytheville win in the 1st round.  Anything can happen in the playoffs.

Let's say that PA wins.  CF will want to hit that bullseye on PA's back.
Harrison will want to prove their mettle against PA.  Really a lot of similarities on these two teams on stats.  Though I would give PA as the better team on the three phases of football.

But I get ahead of myself.  Good Luck to Blytheville, PA, CF and Harrison on the first round.  May we meet in the Quarterfinals.

Wildhog14

Chief-Chickasaw

Quote from: GHS_08 on November 12, 2014, 09:05:37 pm
Quote from: Chief-Chickasaw on November 10, 2014, 09:05:44 am

I doubt that will happen any time soon. Blytheville has almost 200 more students than the largest 4a school. But with the way people are leaving blytheville, you never know.

I think our enrollment is around 700 9th-12th. We keep shirking and everyone around us keeps getting bigger. I haven't looked it up what's the biggest enrollment in 4A and is that 9th-12th or 10-12th.

Intelligentsia

Chief, of course you know that the classification is based on 10-12 enrollment and the current threshold between 4A & 5A is around 500.  I don't know which direction Hope's enrolment is heading, but they are right on the line, just a dab over 500.  Blytheville, at 635 and 14 schools between them and 4-A, appear to be a long way from moving down.  Blytheville is actually up in 10-12 enrollment from 2008 (569) and only slightly down from 2010 (655).

NEAfootball

Blytheville needs to play their game and hope for some breaks. Great accomplishment for Blytheville to make it back to the playoffs. Unfortunately, they have drawn one of the best programs in the past twenty years. Use this opportunity to get the young players and community excited about the foundation laid this year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas