• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blytheville/Paragould Game: Paragould Punishment

Started by Grond, November 08, 2014, 11:13:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Grond

To begin, there was an incident at the Blytheville/Paragould game on Oct. 31.  It was more than a personal foul, but less than a fight. It was certainly NOT a brawl.  I know, because I was there, up in the stands.

I have kept quiet because of discussions that were on-going.  Since Paragould's season is over, I fell it is ok to speak.  I am offering a Paragould perspective.

The AAA decided to punish both schools by suspending players, and putting them on probation.  Here is what Paragould experienced:

Monday (11/3): Paragould is informed that players #11 and #33 are suspended, turn in their names.  Paragould responds by informing AAA that we don't have a "#33".

Tuesday (11/4): Paragould is informed that #22 is suspended.

So, Paragould loses two of their best players (#22 - star RB, #11 - star DB).  Seems fishy, but that is what happens.

#11 and #22 were seniors.

warpath55

At least you kept the bell?  Hate it for 22...he is a warrior.

Chief-Chickasaw

Sounds right I said in the other post that 22 basically beat the crap out of Blytheville's Offensive Line. I was there too. Blytheville had 2 Sr linemen suspended and  Sr DE/TE all really good players.
I do agree with you it was more then a personal foul but less than a fight from beginning to end it may have lasted 30 seconds. It took officials and coaches longer to figure out what happened then the entire incident.  If you pardon the pun this is a black eye for both schools and I know everyone evolved is truly embarrassed that this took place.
Grond I have enjoyed the rivalry that has been developing over the past few years between our schools let's hope this was just a bump in the road and we continue to have some fun entertaining games. Yall are a way better team then your final record. Good season and good luck in basketball this year.

notsofast

Quote from: Chief-Chickasaw on November 08, 2014, 11:28:21 am
Sounds right I said in the other post that 22 basically beat the crap out of Blytheville's Offensive Line. I was there too. Blytheville had 2 Sr linemen suspended and  Sr DE/TE all really good players.
I do agree with you it was more then a personal foul but less than a fight from beginning to end it may have lasted 30 seconds. It took officials and coaches longer to figure out what happened then the entire incident.  If you pardon the pun this is a black eye for both schools and I know everyone evolved is truly embarrassed that this took place.
Grond I have enjoyed the rivalry that has been developing over the past few years between our schools let's hope this was just a bump in the road and we continue to have some fun entertaining games. Yall are a way better team then your final record. Good season and good luck in basketball this year.

So, let me get this straight... you say #22 beat the crap out of Blytheville's offensive line, but it was more of a personal foul and less than a fight.  Way to minimize the situation.

Chief-Chickasaw

Quote from: notsofast on November 08, 2014, 11:58:57 am

So, let me get this straight... you say #22 beat the crap out of Blytheville's offensive line, but it was more of a personal foul and less than a fight.  Way to minimize the situation.
That post was tongue and check basically meaning if the O - line guys were suspended he should be too.

Chief-Chickasaw

On another note I heard #22s dad hired a lawyer that petitioned the AAA and he played last night against GCT.  Not that it matters that is just what I heard from friends in Paragould.  Grond is there any truth to what I was hearing.

notsofast

Quote from: Chief-Chickasaw on November 08, 2014, 12:26:56 pm
Quote from: notsofast on November 08, 2014, 11:58:57 am

That post was tongue and check basically meaning if the O - line guys were suspended he should be too.

Neither team should have been able to play this week and both ended up winning.  Way to teach them a lesson...

Missco

Give it a rest..the same thing happened up the road last night during a play- off game in Missouri. Those refs ejected only a few players but didn't eject  the other 50 or so on the field. Heck there were even a fan involved.lol

Grond

#22 did NOT play Friday against GCT, for fear of upsetting AAA.

The concern is the way it was handled. It seemed that #22 was 'picked' out of the hat.  Why not #35 or #23 or something else?

Just be aware that Paragould paid a heavy price for the events at Blytheville.

Chief-Chickasaw

Quote from: Grond on November 08, 2014, 02:31:39 pm
#22 did NOT play Friday against GCT, for fear of upsetting AAA.

The concern is the way it was handled. It seemed that #22 was 'picked' out of the hat.  Why not #35 or #23 or something else?

Just be aware that Paragould paid a heavy price for the events at Blytheville.

That is just what I was hearing from some Paragould people. I think both schools payed a heavy price. Officials could've easily separated both teams and ejected those responsible.  I don't feel the officials handled it well when it happened.  But hindsight is 20/20. Again yall were way better then your record and I look forward to playing yall in basketball this year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas